• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
Okay, so on pokebeach, they posted the video a few days ago, and I feel that site is easier to navigate than flib, so yeah...
Anyway, they pointed out that on the battle menu there was shooter, but no bag. So has shooter taken the place of bag? Like, you shoot a pokeball? So what do you do for potions/berries/status healers?
"Here charmander, use this!" *hit upside the head*

In the video, "Shooter" appeared in a Wi-fi (or Wireless, don't remember) match, where you can't use items from the bag anyway. The general thought is that Shooter will replace the VS Recorder ('shoot' a video).

Last edited:

Hejin

Ampheyst Version! :D
I don't want to sound like I'm going for "let's ruin game balance", but what about a new Light type?

Like...something to counteract Dark-types. A Light-type might be an interesting addition, and they certainly could add in a bunch of new moves to play around with.

Electric

I think they should move the hours of the day around so that night starts at 10pm and morning starts at 6am. Right now it's 9:15pm where I live and it's light outside, but not totally light. Also why would it be morning at 4am? And then it becomes light at 5am in the games when it doesn't get light in real life until 5:30-6am. -_-

Hejin

Ampheyst Version! :D
EDIT: Sorry, double posted by accident. Ignore this.

Last edited:

Eclipse-Umbreon

Alternate evolution to Kadabra possibly?.. Alakalusion.
Why? I already see Alakazam as powerful. Besides, what would the stats be, physical?

This is what I speculate will happen in B/W, whether it already be confirmed or not.

-These games will be 3DS ready. It is confirmed that they are not.
-There will be about 120 new pokemon.
-No eeveeloutions (I can only hope).
-No new types. I REALLY hope that they don't make new types.-Downloadable content, but not much since this will be a new feature for any DS game, to my knowledge.
-Dark type gym, finally. I hope for this as well.
-More/Less than 8 gyms, if you look at the Isshu map it's hard to tell where towns are, so I couldn't count exactly where the gyms would be. Why? I think they should just stick to the traditional 8 gyms.
-Deeper storyline, maybe focusing more on the character's background, or getting more in-depth with the gym leaders and the E4. Something I hope for as well.
-Hopefully not the same "TEAM WHATEVER!!!" B.S. we've seen for the past 4 generations, and instead just one villain or a small group of villians, hell, maybe even a natural disaster linked to the legendary dragons! I REALLY want the natural disaster idea to happen. Like the Isshu Region is going to be hit by many natural disasters and the legendary Pokemon are enraged or something.
If there's anything else I missed, I'll put it in another post.

Comments in bold.

Electric

Another good idea I had was the music factory. Maybe in Hiun City one of the buildings is the music place/factory/company where you learn about music. You can get the GB sounds and also do a music test (where you get to hear the music of the game) when you go there. There can also be informal battles, like the security guard wants to battle and will have a Chatot and Wishmer and they do research on Pokemon relating to sound, etc. But the main point would be GB sounds and a music test although it would be weird with GB sounds. Maybe after you beat the game you get an item that you can change the music to what you want. For example, if the music in Viridian Forest was boring, you could change the theme to New Bark Town and such.

Vrdnt25

VerdanTree
I don't want to sound like I'm going for "let's ruin game balance", but what about a new Light type?

Like...something to counteract Dark-types. A Light-type might be an interesting addition, and they certainly could add in a bunch of new moves to play around with.

light would be nice, but more likely the ??? type. what about plasma?

hitoshura0

It wouldn't ruin game balance but a new type isn't necessary. Also the light as an opposite to dark thing doesn't work because dark has an opposing force. It's the fighting type. This has been discussed to death, so I don't feel like elaborating, but just no on the light type. I thought Reshiram being confirmed Fire type killed this Light type shenanigans for this gen.

Grei

not the color
Another good idea I had was the music factory. Maybe in Hiun City one of the buildings is the music place/factory/company where you learn about music. You can get the GB sounds and also do a music test (where you get to hear the music of the game) when you go there. There can also be informal battles, like the security guard wants to battle and will have a Chatot and Wishmer and they do research on Pokemon relating to sound, etc. But the main point would be GB sounds and a music test although it would be weird with GB sounds. Maybe after you beat the game you get an item that you can change the music to what you want. For example, if the music in Viridian Forest was boring, you could change the theme to New Bark Town and such.

GB sounds wouldn't make as much sense in BW, since BW wasn't around for the GB. It only made sense in HGSS because the music for everything had been updated for the current system, and they wanted to give older fans something to get nostalgic over.

Though GB sounds would be interesting for Isshu. Maybe an alternative to it, though, like alternate version of the music (Acoustic Player?).

??? type is insanely unlikely. That data is there to prevent the game from crashing, I believe. The only reason Curse is ??? is probably just because the data is there and they figured "why not use it?". ??? type would be cool but since it's existence is for the purpose of the game's programming and not for a Pokemon type, I don't see it ever becoming an in-game "type".

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Hey Krake, when was it confirmed that there would be 150 new pokemon this gen? First time I've heard anything about that.

It was part of the rumors that also confirmed the professor and the triple battles, so I assumed that might be true.

Krake, when I say "speculate what will happen", I'm pretty sure I can use the word "will". If people are using serebiiforums, then they're obviously using serebii.net as well, where they can get the actual confirmed information. There's a link at the bottom of the page, one click and BOOM! Information.

But people don't like the 'there will' phrase as Serebii usually confirms sources first before posting. I don't mind it so much, but others do.

Fighting and Bug already counteract the Dark type. Also, Dark, along with Steel, were introduced to counteract the broken Psychic type, so unles Dark or any other types are broken (and they aren't), there probably won't be any new types.

I think they should move the hours of the day around so that night starts at 10pm and morning starts at 6am. Right now it's 9:15pm where I live and it's light outside, but not totally light. Also why would it be morning at 4am? And then it becomes light at 5am in the games when it doesn't get light in real life until 5:30-6am. -_-

Some places have different daylight and nighttime hours than others. It really depends on where it is on the Earth's axis, so I figured that the times are a rough estimate.

Why the ??? type?

Also, plasma is part of electricity, since it has ions and charges.

Gaga

Last Shiny (RNG)
Why? I already see Alakazam as powerful. Besides, what would the stats be, physical?

Comments in bold.

To add the Alakazam part..

I am pretty sure that those Pokemon are supposed to represent something, so adding something to it would ruin that.

What do magicians say?

Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
@Hejin.. Im sorry but light type is like COD:Modern warefare for Wii versus PS3. It will never be a type!

@William Murderface Most of your ideas were..so so. But.. There is no way in hell there will be less gyms. If there dosent look like gyms on the map then there will be a desert gym or somthing hidden in the sand or something cool.

hitoshura0

Fighting and Bug already counteract the Dark type. Also, Dark, along with Steel, were introduced to counteract the broken Psychic type, so unles Dark or any other types are broken (and they aren't), there probably won't be any new types.

I've wondered this for a while now: Why do people want to counteract the Dark type so much? I mean, you have the ultimate offensive type right now in Dragon, and the best defensive type in the game with Steel. And those two types control the Ubers and OU metagames. And we all want to nerf the Dark type. Because that Close Combat weakness and inability to deal with Scizor with STAB is SO threatening. You would think someone would be coming up with something that resists Dragon and SE hits Steel, or something.

Oh wait, I know the reason: because most people are dumb and think "Boy, oh Boy a speculation thread that lets me postcount +1! I sure wish there was a light type! The interwebs must know! LOL"

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Yeah I'm not that happy about the time system in the game. I hate how it becomes afternoon at 10 a.m. I'm not even up at that time when I don't have school or anything. I think it should be more like this:

Morning: 6 a.m.- 12 p.m.
Day: 12 p.m.- 9 p.m.
Night: 9 p.m.- 6 a.m.

Also, I find it really annoying how they handle nightly events. They consider "Monday nights" to be 12 a.m. Monday- 4 a.m. and 8 p.m. - 12 a.m. Tuesday. That is so unbelievable ****ed up. Why would gym leaders decide to get up at 12 a.m., do whatever they want, go back to their gyms, battle challengers, and then do more of what they want from 8 p.m.-12 a.m.? It'd make more sense if they defined "Monday nights" as 8 p.m. Monday- 4 a.m. Tuesday.

That'd be pretty awesome. I've always wanted a sound test for pokemon. I wonder why they never included it.

It was part of the rumors that also confirmed the professor and the triple battles, so I assumed that might be true.

That doesn't sound like confirmation to me.

I've wondered this for a while now: Why do people want to counteract the Dark type so much? I mean, you have the ultimate offensive type right now in Dragon, and the best defensive type in the game with Steel. And those two types control the Ubers and OU metagames. And we all want to nerf the Dark type. Because that Close Combat weakness and inability to deal with Scizor with STAB is SO threatening. You would think someone would be coming up with something that resists Dragon and SE hits Steel, or something.

I think people just want balance. I guess it bothers some people to have a Dark type and no Light type to balance it out.

Last edited:

SPON

yeah, i have a minor in biology, im aware of that. it's the pokemon world though. you cant hold it accountable to the real world in every way. i'm just throwing ideas around for fun.

Icay4321

Well a "better" name for dark type would be like "dirty" type cuz like posted it's underhanded not light shade dark
I also would like to see the evolution for meguroko (I hope it still has the shades)

Zombie Muse

My wishlist sort of.

- fire/ice; fire/water; normal/fighting; dragon/electric(not ledgendary); dragon/fire(not ledgendary); dragon/grass; electric/grass; fire/ghost
- a dark gym
- optional extra gyms
- more cool pokemon like the ones they've leaked instead of really stupid ones Gen IV had
- Giovanni from Team Rocket comes back
- Natural Disaster
- be able to travel to other regions

SmashHero24

The One Who Knocks
Well a "better" name for dark type would be like "dirty" type cuz like posted it's underhanded not light shade dark
I also would like to see the evolution for meguroko (I hope it still has the shades)

I'm very excited to see it. :D
I think Meguroko is my favorite so far.
I hope it's evolution is some sort of larger crocodile, but it doesn't change much in appearence.

Sabonea_Masukippa

No. It was not. The correct rumors said nothing about the number of Pokemon.

Pokebeach posted 3 sets of rumors in two posts.

The rumors that turned out to be largely true and the separate rumors that included the cotton pokemon silhouettes appearing in last month's corocoro (proven false) appeared in the same post. Pokebeach made it sound like they came from the same source, but they did not. They came from two separate 2chan postings months apart.

The third set of rumors appeared in a separate post and came from a Martin Mueller, which included the 157 number. None of these rumors have yet been proven even remotely true and are likely false due to the posting of fan art as supposed evolution for Tauros.

Hope that clears up confusion.

Last edited:

Phantom champion Z

Read my virtual lips. NO. MORE. EEVEELUTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm tired of all the eeveelutions, they're pointless. 7 is more than enough, we don't need an eeveelution for EVERY ****ING TYPE.

Why not? eeveelutions usualy end up with pretty good stats. Why the hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.