• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Give the original Pokemon the exclusive attacks and make them available earlier, especially with Pokemon like Onix and Carnivine which are weak enough to be found early on.

Actually, it is. The only other part of the games are contests and traveling.

I reiterate: they're useless.

And do what with them? They're too weak to battle with and use. Are you just going to stare at it, for Christ's sake? Stick to fan-art.

yes, i will stare at it if its awesome, use it for contests or even maybe battle a bit. and battling is maybe the last thing i like about pokemon, not that i dont like it but still.
all you say is battle battle useless useless, so what, gf will still make babies. you sound like Paul: youre too weak to battle, so stay away

yes, i will stare at it if its awesome

The novelty would wear off within seconds.

Again, stick to fan-art.

and battling is maybe the last thing i like about pokemon

Then you're playing the games for very wrong reasons.

all you say is battle battle useless useless

Because Pokemon games are about battles and you won't get nowhere with pre-evos. They're made purely for marketing.

so what, gf will still make babies.

I never said they wouldn't.

you sound like Paul: youre too weak to battle, so stay away

Because it's fact. Pokemon games aren't the real world. You won't be looked down upon for refusing to use a weak Pokemon. They're snippets of data. Nothing more.

Tropios

The novelty would wear off within seconds.

Again, stick to fan-art.

Then you're playing the games for very wrong reasons.

Because Pokemon games are about battles and you won't get nowhere with pre-evos. They're made purely for marketing.

I never said they wouldn't.

Because it's fact. Pokemon games aren't the real world. You won't be looked down upon for refusing to use a weak Pokemon. They're snippets of data. Nothing more.

you dont know love,
so all weak pokemon are useless data.
ofcourse theyre made for marketing but there are people who just want more of theyre favorite pokemon and who dont just use the strongest pokemon. just say you dont like them and bye, cuz there are people who like them.

you dont know love,

For Christ's sake.

I love my family and my girlfriend. I don't have any affection for fictional monsters from video games.

so all weak pokemon are useless data.

Every Pokemon is data. They have no feelings. Difference is the powerful ones can actually fulfill the purpose Pokemon were meant to fulfill - winning battles.

ofcourse theyre made for marketing but there are people who just want more of theyre favorite pokemon

How can you want more of your favorite Pokemon if they don't even exist yet?

and who dont just use the strongest pokemon. just say you dont like them and bye, cuz there are people who like them.

You don't have to use the strongest Pokemon. There's simply no point in using a pre-evo because it'll quickly evolve into something better. If you so obsessed with pre-evos, get a picture of one and save as your desktop background.

It's becoming more and more clear with every reply of yours you really don't know what you're talking about.

Tropios

For Christ's sake.

I love my family and my girlfriend. I don't have any affection for fictional monsters from video games.

Every Pokemon is data. They have no feelings. Difference is the powerful ones can actually fulfill the purpose Pokemon were meant to fulfill - winning battles.

How can you want more of your favorite Pokemon if they don't even exist yet?

You don't have to use the strongest Pokemon. There's simply no point in using a pre-evo because it'll quickly evolve into something better. If you so obsessed with pre-evos, get a picture of one and save as your desktop background.

It's becoming more and more clear with every reply of yours you really don't know what you're talking about.

oh please, i dont love prevo's, i just want a tropius prevo. im just wanting to say that theyre not as useless as you say. even if its so, then theyre not useless as long as someone likes them. and ofcourse i already can want more of my facourite pokemon by wanting a baby of it.

and i cant write that last sentence too mate

oh please, i dont love prevo's,

I never said you did.

i just want a tropius prevo.

Good for you. And I'm just telling you why it would be useless in the games.

im just wanting to say that theyre not as useless as you say.

Well, you're failing at it.

even if its so, then theyre not useless as long as someone likes them.

Gameplay-wise, yes, they are.

and ofcourse i already can want more of my facourite pokemon by wanting a baby of it.

I like Scyther.

Doesn't mean I'd like a pre-evo of it, especially before I've even seen it.

and i cant write that last sentence too mate

You can't type for shit.

Bardische

Elegance.
Yeah If Gengar had a female version to it it would look great. I see pinsir having a pre evo or evo this gen

Ugliest female ever.

My hopes for the evolution system of Black and White:

Start finishing up the Eeveelutions: Here are the remaining types that don't have an Eeveelution: Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ground, Rock, Bug, Dragon, Ghost, Steel. I'm hoping for Flying, Ghost and Steel though.

But don't forget, the current Eeveelutions are all types formerly exclusive to the Special aspect of moves, before the physical/special split. The likely one,still, if it ever comes out, is Dragon, the only one left.

Give evolutions to the non-evolutions: Please, just make a Lapras evolution. It would be awesome.

Though I must say some people do need to evolve (*cough*pachirisu*cough*), not all pokemon need evolutions because most of them are just pure novelty. If they give Chatot and evolution, it ruins the exclusivity to Chatter. If they give Farfetch'd an evolution, it's not the only one exclusive to the item Stick. There are a lot of pokemon that don't need evolutions because in my book, the reason they are created is for pure novelty.

More prevolutions: I want prevolutions of Onix, Scyther, etc.

I wouldn't want an earthworm and a stick insect, that's for sure.

Fourth evolution: Why should Nintendo limit themselves to three? Why not take some awesome Pokemon from older generations, mainly starters, and add another Pokemon to the family. Imagine, we could have evolutions of Blastoise, Venusaur and Charizard?

NO. JUST NO.

yes, i will stare at it if its awesome, use it for contests or even maybe battle a bit. and battling is maybe the last thing i like about pokemon, not that i dont like it but still.
all you say is battle battle useless useless, so what, gf will still make babies. you sound like Paul: youre too weak to battle, so stay away

You do not know how horrendously ugly that image is. HOW UGLY IT IS.

Just a few thing to clarify, but will probably be ignored by people who will never bother to read back a few pages since they left.

*The goddamn map of Isshu isn't showing everything. Does any noob actually have any imagination whatsoever and not acknowledge of past advertising of games? HeartGold and SoulSilver's updated map covered the Safari Zone and the Battle Frontier, because those are new locations. Isshu covered everything else on the map with clouds 'cause they don't wanna show anything yet. I really do hate when people do not acknowledge the map and end up saying that there aren't any towns on it and therefore would have less gyms. Worst deduction ever.

*The world doesn't need a freakin' Light-type. The balance issue was already resolved with the introduction of the Dark and Steel-types. I really hate this topic. It's just a fictional type created by fan-fictioners, or whatever term. No crap, that's kinda a realistic take on the fact.

*Why do some people hate baby pokemon? A pokemon game is a strategy game. If they wanted to introduce a new move nowadays to pokemon that existed before that move's introduction, a baby pokemon is born. What's the point of playing a goddamn strategy/adventure game if you want the easy stuff to begin with. Sooner or later, a pokemon's level up moves would be filled up with moves from a later generation. So where can additional moves of newer generations be placed? Baby pokemon. A realistic take on egg moves and breeding and all that. If you want the easy way out of getting moves for your pokemon, just freakin' hack the game. No one's stopping you.

And something that got my interest...

Every time a new generation comes out, many fans complain that the Pokemon introduced don't look like Pokemon or don't mesh well with previous generations. A lot of the time this can simply be attributed to the fact that we're just not used to them yet, but what many people do not know is that the Pokemon are created by different groups of people each generation (I didn't really know that myself!). The following post from Azure Dragon on BMGf sheds some light on who creates Pokemon.

There's a team of people that is in charge of monster design. They're listed under "Pokemon Design." They come up with the ideas. They decide which ones are the best and refine them. Then, Ken Sugimori draws those designs. In the first generation, it was a group of four people (Sugimori being one of them), and Satoshi Tajiri's role (the creator of Pokemon) in creating the monsters was basically to approve them and suggest changes after the basic ideas were being designed. He's the only one under "Director" and "Game Design" for the first generation which means that he was in charge of pulling everything together and the overall experience of playing the game.

Nowadays... well, the truth is that in Ruby and Sapphire, Junichi Masuda took over. Ever since R/S/E, Satoshi Tajiri has not been working on the games at all. He's listed as "Executive Director" in most games. What does this mean? "Executive Director" is a fancy way of saying "this is the original creator, he approved this game but was not an active part of development." Occasionally he's listed as an "Executive Producer," which, from what I can gather, means he funded it but was still not an active member in developing it. Finally, in Pokemon Rumble (surprisingly enough), only Sugimori and Masuda are listed in the credits as "advisers" for the spin-off game. Tajiri is not listed at all.

So, Satoshi Tajiri is not really putting his mind into the monsters anymore. However, there is another part of why the monsters look different. The "Pokemon Design" of D/P/Pt was held by thirteen people. Ten of these people did not work on the first generation's Pokemon; Shigeki Morimoto (he's the guy who put Mew into the game) also stopped doing monster design during D/P/Pt. What does this mean? The people coming up with the Pokemon ideas are, mostly, different people each generation. R/S hired a ton of people, and that's why the third generation's style was so different. Black and White has also hired more people.

Thus, the main reason why the Black and White Pokemon look weird is because the design team has new people on it. Also, Satoshi Tajiri hasn't worked on the games for a looooong time (since the Gold and Silver days), thus the reason why Gen III and Gen IV looked so different from Gen I and Gen II. And now Gen V could look very different as well.

It's really a very reasonable...reason...why the pokemon don't look the same anymore. Wow.

Last edited:

Tropios

I never said you did.

Good for you. And I'm just telling you why it would be useless in the games.

Well, you're failing at it.

Gameplay-wise, yes, they are.

I like Scyther.

Doesn't mean I'd like a pre-evo of it, especially before I've even seen it.

You can't type for shit.

oh blablabla, we'll never agree, this discussion doesnt even belong here i think.
oh and dont swear like that its rude. you know, you shouldnt get angy, im not angry at you.
byebye, i like you too.
we should stop discussing it here but somewhere else if you want. ^^

rekreatur

That batch of 8 Pokémon they took pictures of directly from the DS are dreadful. I hope it's just the terrible pictures, but that probably isn't the case.

Except that flying green thing. That one's cute.

Last edited:

Bhatman

Chilled Hottie
oh blablabla, we'll never agree, this discussion doesnt even belong here i think.
oh and dont swear like that its rude. you know, you shouldnt get angy, im not angry at you.
byebye, i like you too.
we should stop discussing it here but somewhere else if you want. ^^

Oh for god's sake thank goodness >.>

byebye, i like you too.

o_O !

Bhatman

Chilled Hottie
That batch of 8 Pokémon they took pictures of directly from the DS are dreadful. I hope it's just the terrible pictures, but that probably isn't the case.

Except that flying green thing. That one's cute.

Oh for god's sake will you people stop blaabering about how bad or weird the new pokemon are......the games are not even released yet and when they do we'll get used to them..believe me there will be thousands of people having favs from the 5th gen.....the same thing happened with the 3rd gen.

btw, the new bat looks a lot betters than zubat
Correct me if i am wrong but which is the new bat pokemon ??

Last edited:

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
The starters do NOT need to evolve a fourth time -_-
It's tradition for them to evolve three times.

No, It's tradition for them to evolve two times. You only see the evolution screen twice, right?

@The "Pokemon are useless" discussion: Meganium Ex, you do make great points, but many people attach themselves to inanimate objects and grow to love them. If people say "they can't live without it" even though they can, that's an attachment to an inanimate object. an "inanimate object" in this case can even represent data. Although in cavemen times such attachments were discouraged, as we have the ability to live longer and more carefree lives, the ability to attach to inanimate object is no longer discouraged and can launch itself into adulthood.

In other words, in certain people's eyes, like mine. We might feel that as long as the data is "loved" that it has purpose, even if it doesn't have a purpose in someone else's life.

Last edited:

Kreis

Still Dirrty

Go to the main site and you'll see some recently confirmed Pokemon. The bat being the Koffing-like shaped creature.

Bhatman

Chilled Hottie
Go to the main site and you'll see some recently confirmed Pokemon. The bat being the Koffing-like shaped creature.
Do you mean the green aura thing pokemon ...NO WAY!!!! How the heck does it look like a bat??

Sabonea_Masukippa

Do you mean the green aura thing pokemon ...NO WAY!!!! How the heck does it look like a bat??

betaart.png

Koromori is the one between Iris (the chick with the massive hair) and Jessie - the one in the air. That's what looks like a bat.

Bardische

Elegance.
The new bat thing looks like a familiar. A familiar can mean two things: a game term for a bat, or a spirit.

Well I guess the good thing about this: NO MORE ZUBAT!!

Kreis

Still Dirrty

No, I mean the one-eyed, Koffing-like creature with wings. Have you checked the main site? It recently updated confirming that the scan that has been floating around is in-fact real.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Oh for god's sake will you people stop blaabering about how bad or weird the new pokemon are......the games are not even released yet and when they do we'll get used to them..believe me there will be thousands of people having favs from the 5th gen.....the same thing happened with the 3rd gen.
I agree. When the DP pokemon were being released, I didn't like piplup or roserade, but a few months later, empoleon and roserade were staples on my team. Listen people, the new ones will grow on you.
It's the one drifting over Jessie's head.
Comments in bold

Looking at the picture, does anyone else notice how much the grass starter evo looks like a swan or a duck? Does this mean we may have a grass/flying starter? Yay! ^_^
As for the bat, it looks like a koffing knock off at first glance, but if you look closer, it's kind of like a vampire bat, so maybe a dracula thing.

Bhatman

Chilled Hottie
No, I mean the one-eyed, Koffing-like creature with wings. Have you checked the main site? It recently updated confirming that the scan that has been floating around is in-fact real.
Well i found it in the forums and i cant find it in the main site....anyways is that koffing thing with wings(see what i did there) carrying a egg like chansey??

Status
Not open for further replies.