• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Indomitable
People, You make me feel that Your attacking me , I asked First If It's alright to post these , and I warned not to believe this , She warned , too
Forget that I posted these....
Hey, it's no big deal. But in the future, just try to make sure stuff has a little confirmation, or at least sounds like truth. You know, a lot of that stuff sounded like blatant BS, and because of that, some people are a bit irked. Nothing major. But let this be a lesson to you: if something sounds fake, it probably is.

Another thing I'd like to see this gen (to keep with the wishlist theme of the thread, we've been deviating quite a bit lately...) is more variety in Victory Road. In many cases, it has some of the most high level pokemon in the game, but they are all rock/ground/fighting types with a little water sprinkled in. That means victory road is a great place to train grass, water, ground and fighting types before the Elite Four, but it's hard to train fire and flying types. Since a fire type and the region's bird are always a part of my elite four team, it means I have to take them to another place where it takes longer to train. Plus, a little variety from the dank, dark, wet cave scenery would be nice...

Oh! Oh! You know what else would be cool? A bipedal blue cat-like humanoid pokemon that's tall, has a tail, and great speed and attack stats. It's types could be fighting and grass or fighting and psychic.

^sarcasm. If you don't get what I'm talking about, feel free to facepalm yourself to death.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This might cause an uproar, but I think all signs point to a Hoenn remake. Here is why:
-In the newest TCG expansion, clash at the summit, there are legend/prime cards of Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys and Espeon. When HG/SS came out, their card expansion had many Johto Pokemon as legends/primes. Also, the name could have some significance: clash at the summit may refer to Kyogre and Groudon. But i'm probably reaching with that one.
-Red/Blue and FR/LG had 1 generation between them. G/S/C and HG/SS had 1 generation between them. R/S/E and the possible remake would have 1 generation between them. They must be doing this on purpose.
-Aside from Sinnoh, it is the only region that has not had a remake, and everybody seems to want one.

There is a pattern. They release remakes (roughly) 10 years after the original. So we can probably expect it around 2012-2013 if at all. I'm not sure the demand for a RS remake is high enough, though.

I hope they don't make the remake for like at least 3-4 years though.

See above. If they are making one, that's roughly when it'll be.

I want them to stop with the "event" system. I know its already confirmed that there is going to be events (with Zorua and Zoroark being the first announced).

Hate to burst your bubble, but as long as pokemon is around, there will be events. Those kind of pokemon make them money.

With triple battles being initiated i would really like to see a feature where your pokemon's status shows how well your other pokemon get along with each other. In battles, pokemon that like each other more could get boosts or share berries with each other, and visa versa pokemon that dont like each other could be prone to try to hurt each other.

That would be an interesting thing to put in if they ever bring back the Battle Palace, but I doubt they'd make pokemon smart enough to do that in the normal game.

I wouldnt hate it if they added the type "light" since they have dark and they also have a "light" stone.

Shiny Stone says hi.

Best week of my life.

Haven't I already told you I don't care about being banned?

If you have more fun off the forums, why are you even here? You'd be better off not coming back at all rather than trolling the rest of us.

hopefully the first gym would be of Water, Electric or Grass types...

rock type gyms being first are getting a bit boring

The reason they use Rock is because it has a lot of weaknesses (Water, Grass, Ground, Steel, and Fighting to be exact). So they'd need another type like that (maybe Grass, Flying, or Bug).

No. I meant the overall speed of battles and stuff. In Gen III it was very fast but in Gen IV it was really slow. If it was slow again, triple battles would be hell. I'm also hoping for a longer storyline.

I also agree that battling needs to be sped up.

Shiny Stone says hi.

The reason they use Rock is because it has a lot of weaknesses (Water, Grass, Ground, Steel, and Fighting to be exact). So they'd need another type like that (maybe Grass, Flying, or Bug).

I also agree that battling needs to be sped up.
I think it was the shiny stone he was talking about the first time.
They have used flying once so they can do it again, hopefully bug this time,as mentioned somewhere they aren't going to have grass as the first gym because your starter can be grass and then we already have a early grass type. The grass type would also look weak because it is used by the first gym and put Smugleaf in a bad light.

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
How exactly was the battling in DP slower in comparison to RS?

Animations in D/P were on average slower than R/S/E/FR/LG. Pt/HG/SS have sped up the animations a nice amount faster (just a touch, but you can recognize it), but it is still fairly slow.

People just want faster, shorter, and better animations, not a bad thing to want, right?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
as mentioned somewhere they aren't going to have grass as the first gym because your starter can be grass and then we already have a early grass type. The grass type would also look weak because it is used by the first gym and put Smugleaf in a bad light.

That didn't stop them from making the second gym Grass type in DPPt.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Always a chance of getting art of at least a few of the Pokemon shown off in the trailer.

There is always a chance, but if the Pokemon from the trailer are being revealed in Corocoro it's more likely, imo, that they'll show silhouettes of them next Sunday (the 11th) which is the last Pokemon Sunday before Corocoro is released.

In saying that though, I'm fairly certain that we weren't expecting the first half of the trailer from them last week, so they could surprise us. Which would be nice of them. Anyway, it looks from the preview to be focused on the new movie, since I believe that it is due out this week, which may or may not result in some news for the games, even if it's just related to the events.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
There is a pattern. They release remakes (roughly) 10 years after the original. So we can probably expect it around 2012-2013 if at all. I'm not sure the demand for a RS remake is high enough, though.

2 does not make a pattern. One remake was released 8 years after the original games the second was released 10. That doesn't tell us anything.

If you have more fun off the forums, why are you even here? You'd be better off not coming back at all rather than trolling the rest of us.

And you know arguing with a troll means they win, right? If he wants to come on the forum and troll then let him. Trolling the Pokemon fandom is easy and hilarious.

Sponge

I'd imagine those rumours posted earlier aren't the real deal....they do seem really fishy.

Having said that, starting in a different location depending on if you picked male or female would be interesting.

UberSorcerer

@ 'Terra Ruby' and 'Marine Sapphire'

FRLG & HGSS were made because RG/B/RB/Y & GSC/C were incompatible with RS, and probably no longer canon. RS are still directly related to the current games and are far less likely.

That and them being the basis for a massive broken base in Pokemon.

Achernar

star-mapping pro
I just hope the gyms are still present in B/W

I'm scared if the rumors were true that gyms would no longer exist and the game would revolve on some other plot :(

anyway, I'm guessing that lolita thingy is an Ice/Ghost, that flying gummy bear is a Psychic/Flying, and the stalagmite one is a rock/steel

and I wish the new bat pokemon isn't part poison

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I just hope the gyms are still present in B/W

I'm scared if the rumors were true that gyms would no longer exist and the game would revolve on some other plot
They won't disappear, they're a staple to the games. Plus, they've been confirmed in various screenshots and videos. IIRC, there's a building in Hiun City that has a Gym sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.