• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
-------
This one appeared in a different Thread in a different section of 2chan. That this one has ID and the other doesn’t doesn’t make this more credible - this part of 2chan has to show their ID, in the above area it is optional. The first was at about 6:45AM, then just after 2PM yesterday.

420 Name:Anonymous Game Lover[sage] Date Posted:17/7/2010 (SAT) 06:43:27 eAowzrrD0
No.146(632)  Grass
No.147(633) Poison
No.148(634) Ground
No.149(635) Dragon/Fire
No.150(636)  Dragon/Electric
No.637 Ice/Fighting
No.638 Fire/Dark
No.639 Ground/Bug
No.640 Poison/Dragon
No.641  Steel
No.642 Water
No.643 Fire
No.644 Dragon/Ice
No.645 Normal/Ghost
No.646  Dragon
No.647 Dark/Psychic

489 Name:Anonymous Game Lover[sage] Date Posted:17/7/2010 (SAT) 14:07:28 eAowzrrD0
What I heard was that after 636 they’re legendaries, or something. Altogether it makes one think we’ll have over 600 Pokemon species.

Anyway, sounds fake to me, but then what do I know. I'll confess that when I posted those triple battle rumors in my sig I did it because I was almost 100% sure that they were false. :p

Is It Safe to assume the three before Reshiram/Zekrom (#149/150) are the Trio? I don't know If I can take 16 Legendaries xP.

How on Earth will they cram 16 legendaries into 2 games? Don't Answer that XD... but... Pure Dragon and a Bug Legend FTW!

Chimchar15

The games secondary legend trio going by that is ground/poison/grass, seeing how its always mostly before the duo. Also, Ice/Fighting,Dark/Psychic, and Normal/Ghost legendaries? Holy ****, yes, I want that to be real.

Yes those legendaries do sound awesome. I really hope these are true but I'm not holding my breath.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Is It Safe to assume the three before Reshiram/Zekrom (#149/150) are the Trio? I don't know If I can take 16 Legendaries xP.

How on Earth will they cram 16 legendaries into 2 games? Don't Answer that XD... but... Pure Dragon and a Bug Legend FTW!

If these are true then yes, the 3 before Reshiram/Zekrom would presumably be the legendary trio. 16 isn't really that many more than DP; a much smaller jump than RS-->DP. 16 isn't so much to cram into 2 games either, when you take away the possibility that a few of them will be Events, and some will be like Heatran/Cressalia and have their own side stories.

If the Pokemon revealed on Pokemon Sunday next week is not one of these types though, bye-bye to the second lot of rumors. If it it is, well, the speculation will hurt. If pointy ears really is the guy they're going to reveal (and well, in all honesty I think they might be) I don't honestly see it fitting any of these types. Well, maybe fire. Anyway, we'll know in just under a week what to really think about these.

EDIT: Even if it is one of those types though it doesn't mean much since well, that list covers 14/17 types - so coincidence is always possible. Especially if it's one of the single types.

Last edited:

Ally

06:43:27 eAowzrrD0
No.146(632)  Grass
No.147(633) Poison
No.148(634) Ground
No.149(635) Dragon/Fire
No.637 Ice/Fighting
No.638 Fire/Dark
No.639 Ground/Bug
No.640 Poison/Dragon
No.641  Steel
No.642 Water
No.643 Fire
No.644 Dragon/Ice
No.645 Normal/Ghost
No.646  Dragon
No.647 Dark/Psychic

that sounds awful...in my personal opinion we should have: Legendary Trio, 2 Mascots, 2 or 3 After E4 Legendaries, 2 Event Pokemon

Out of those though I'd like:

Grass (Trio)
Poison (Trio)
Ground (Trio)

Dragon / Fire (Mascot)
Dragon / Electric (Mascot)
Dragon or Dragon / Ice (3rd Mascot / After E4)

Ice / Fighting (After E4)
Fire / Dark (After E4)

Fire / Electric (That Little Red and Yellow One as "Mew" of Gen V as Event)
Dark / Psychic (Event)

That Brings it to 11 which I think would be the perfect number

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Who says they are all legendary? Maybe they are normal Pokemon like Rotom or Frostlass which you can only get after the National Dex?

Bhatman

Chilled Hottie
that sounds awful...in my personal opinion we should have: Legendary Trio, 2 Mascots, 2 or 3 After E4 Legendaries, 2 Event Pokemon

Out of those though I'd like:

Grass (Trio)
Poison (Trio)
Ground (Trio)

Dragon / Fire (Mascot)
Dragon / Electric (Mascot)
Dragon or Dragon / Ice (3rd Mascot / After E4)

Ice / Fighting (After E4)
Fire / Dark (After E4)

Fire / Electric (That Little Red and Yellow One as "Mew" of Gen V as Event)
Dark / Psychic (Event)

That Brings it to 11 which I think would be the perfect number

Exactly what i would love...
and i guess having a fire/electric mew/celebi/jirachi/shaymin/lake trio is not possible guessing that all the small guys are either psychic or grass....but it would be awesome if they break the trend i really would want to catch that cute electric/fire poke :)

mey

No.146(632)  Grass
No.147(633) Poison
No.148(634) Ground
No.149(635) Dragon/Fire
No.637 Ice/Fighting
No.638 Fire/Dark
No.639 Ground/Bug
No.640 Poison/Dragon
No.641 Steel
No.642 Water
No.643 Fire
No.644 Dragon/Ice
No.645 Normal/Ghost
No.646 Dragon
No.647 Dark/Psychic

this is too good to be true, especially the pokemon typing.

but the last 5 pokemon....

No. 643 Fire - the pointed-ears-big-eyes freak (maybe an Event-Only or Promo for Movie/Game release)
No. 644 Dragon/Ice - Third Version mascot / a star of Movie 15 or 16
No. 645 Normal/Ghost - Pokemon Event-Only for Movie 14
No. 646 Dragon - Pokemon Event-Only for Movie 15
No. 647 Dark/Psychic - Pokemon Event-Only for Movie 16

just a theory.

ijea4444

If this rumor about 13 legendaries is correct, I wouldn't feel too bad. Isshu is supposedly going to be really far from all other 4 regions. And its been speculated that they're going to have very few past gen pokemon, I don't think having many legendaries to accommodate that isn't that bad.

Plus keep in mind 3 of them are part of their respective legendary trio, and then other 3 will include box legends(including the giratina/rayquaza of the gen). That really only leaves 7 extra legends. Sinnoh had Darkrai, Cresselia, Regigigas, Heatran, Shaymin, Manaphy, and Arcues. Thats also 7 legendaries, excluding alternate forms which would make it 8 legends.

4kjayhawks

I do it for tha hood
If this rumor about 13 legendaries is correct, I wouldn't feel too bad. Isshu is supposedly going to be really far from all other 4 regions. And its been speculated that they're going to have very few past gen pokemon, I don't think having many legendaries to accommodate that isn't that bad.

Plus keep in mind 3 of them are part of their respective legendary trio, and then other 3 will include box legends(including the giratina/rayquaza of the gen). That really only leaves 7 extra legends. Sinnoh had Darkrai, Cresselia, Regigigas, Heatran, Shaymin, Manaphy, and Arcues. Thats also 7 legendaries, excluding alternate forms which would make it 8 legends.

Yeah, i agree with this. I'm one of the few people who actually didnt mind all the legendaries in PPPt, i think catching them is pretty fun

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
I personally don't want to see too many (pre-)evolutions of older Pokémon. I think that generation four had too many of them. I'm more interested in seeing completely new Pokémon that have no relation to previous ones.

I personally want to see many evolutions of older pokemon. I think that generation four didn't have enough of them. I'm more interested in seeing useless pokemon species get a much needed buff instead of just being doomed into obselecense forever.

jubilife

Aspiring Author
As for me, I don't think I need it anymore. There's also many feature in BW like High Links, Global Sync, Live Caster, Dream Smoke and many more. Who knows, maybe 3rd Gen also comes to remake with many more feature like HGSS of course.

All those features you listed sound like online components... Not everyone can connect to the internet/wifi on the pokemon games.

There won't be a Ruby Sapphire remake this gen, most likely. Saying we need a remake of those games is like saying we need another remake of FR/LG. Obviously, we don't.

Red and Blue, games on the Gameboy, had its remake on the Gameboy Advance, two systems ahead of it.

Gold and Silver, games on the Gameboy Color, had its remakes on the DS, two systems after it.

Ruby and Sapphire, games on the Gameboy Advance, should have their remakes on the 3DS, two systems after it.

And hopefully it'll have a Day/Night system!

I guess I'm the only one who would be particularly ****** if the only Fire/Electric type turned out to be a legendary?

I personally want to see many evolutions of older pokemon. I think that generation four didn't have enough of them. I'm more interested in seeing useless pokemon species get a much needed buff instead of just being doomed into obselecense forever.

You're sh'itting us, right? You've gotta be...

Last edited:

Beebar234

All those features you listed sound like online components... Not everyone can connect to the internet/wifi on the pokemon games.

There won't be a Ruby Sapphire remake this gen, most likely. Saying we need a remake of those games is like saying we need another remake of FR/LG. Obviously, we don't.

Red and Blue, games on the Gameboy, had its remake on the Gameboy Advance, two systems ahead of it.

Gold and Silver, games on the Gameboy Color, had its remakes on the DS, two systems after it.

Ruby and Sapphire, games on the Gameboy Advance, should have their remakes on the 3DS, two systems after it.

And hopefully it'll have a Day/Night system!

I guess I'm the only one who would be particularly ****** if the only Fire/Electric type turned out to be a legendary?
Actually them being on the 3ds and in Gen V makes absolute sense. Remember, Black and White will be released at the end of the DS's life. There is probably no doubt that the other Gen V games would be released on the 3ds, otherwise they'd be selling games for an outdated system, which is just stupid. Plus, we would need RS remakes, as apparently, there won't be many past gen Pokes obtainable in BW.
I'm pretty sure Day/Night is a staple now, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
And trust me, you're not the only one.

Last edited:

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
You're sh'itting us, right? You've gotta be...

Nope.avi

Gen 4 had some nice evolutions, but there were still way too many useless pokemon left unevolved, and a whole bunch of new ones added who were sub-par and in desparate need of evolutions (*cough* Pachirisu). Let them tie up the loose ends for this riff-raff first, THEN they can focus on adding new species. The more evolutions of older, currently useless pokemon, the better.

Also, I don't get why people gripe about having more legendaries. It means you're getting MORE legendaries. More legendaries to catch = more stuff to do in-game + more diverse Ubers tier in competitive play. The only arguments to the contrary are people whining about standards and principles such as 'there shouldn't be too many legendaries because I liked it back when pokemon sucked'.

Larry

One thing that annoys me is that lots of pokemon evolve by trading/trading with items. I'm sure this annoys other people with only one ds or don't have anybody to trade with. With this in mind, I think it would be neat if there was some place in these games where you would pay to "trade" your pokemon and get it to evolve. So if you have a machoke, you could bring it to some person in one of the towns, pay a fee and have it evolve.

When I first started reading I thought you meant to pay in real life.
That's actually not a bad idea to put a "trader" in the game to help you out.

Grei

not the color
Don't think so, i really want this feature to be used again but so far all the game footage has proved the opposite, since we haven't seen in any video the pokemon following you, which leads me to think they won't.

Perhaps they will save it for the third version or remakes (if there are), which would suck since they could have kept it for this game already.

I still believe it's possible they've simply been hiding it. That's somewhat clinging to the shadow of a hope, but maybe they've simply turned it off.

Even if following isn't in the game I'd love for the Pokethlon to be. That was so much more fun than freaking Contests.

I'm 101% sure you can, that's how I've evolved my Scyther, Machoke, Slowpoke and Magmar.

There is indeed a way to trade your Pokemon to the GTS without actually losing them. It involves uploading them to the Global Trade Station, and shutting off the game while the game is almost done sending the Pokemon. There are instructions online somewhere.

I've been able to evolve my own Electabuzz and Rhydon into Electivire and Rhyperior this way.

But that's the only way--you can't literally trade your Pokemon to someone else and then just get it back, not unless they put it back up for trade and you happen to find it by chance.

249 :Anonymous , you decide my name!:18/7/2010(Sun) 00:44:24 ID:???
It looks like everyone’s gone so here’s a leak

TurboBlaze Special Attack rises when you use a fire type attack.
TeraVoltage Attack rises when you use an electric attack.
Gouka “Hellfire” Special Power: 100 Accuracy: 80 Burns your opponent.
Uzurai (NOTE: none of my Japanese dictionaries (on or offline) not pulling up a good definition, let alone a translation - Help? ) Physical Power: 100 Accuracy: 80 Paralyses your opponent.
You can pay money in Black City [to someone] to have your Pokemon’s EVs raised. (Note: 基礎ポイント (kiso pointo) is used in Japanese games to describe the effects of the Max Up, Protein etc, as far as I can tell)
In White Forest you can use Berries to raise the Happiness of your Pokemon.

These ones seem to be the most logical, and I'd bet these are more legit than the other ones you posted.

Sabonea_Masukippa said:
420 Name:Anonymous Game Lover[sage] Date Posted:17/7/2010 (SAT) 06:43:27 eAowzrrD0
No.146(632)  Grass
No.147(633) Poison
No.148(634) Ground
No.149(635) Dragon/Fire
No.637 Ice/Fighting
No.638 Fire/Dark
No.639 Ground/Bug
No.640 Poison/Dragon
No.641  Steel
No.642 Water
No.643 Fire
No.644 Dragon/Ice
No.645 Normal/Ghost
No.646  Dragon
No.647 Dark/Psychic

I think this'd be cool. I love a large amount of legendaries. (See below.)

Also, I agree with everyone else and think the Grass/Poison/Ground is a Legendary trio. A nature trio would be cool and would tie into one of the apparent themes of Black and White.

Again, I think it'd be cool if all of those after Reshiram and Zekrom were Legendaries, though I'd think it'd be equally as cool if they were evolutions. The Legendaries don't technically have to come last in the Dex--they can technically be ordered wherever GameFreak wants them to be. Like with Gible being far away from the Legendaries--they can do whatever they want.

Actually, it's most likely that there will be RS Remakes. The 3DS is about to be released and I don't think it's crazy to think that Gen 5 might span across two handhelds (DS and 3DS).

Yeah, i agree with this. I'm one of the few people who actually didnt mind all the legendaries in PPPt, i think catching them is pretty fun

I'm with you. People complain about how many Legendaries there were in DPPt, but frankly, that added a lot to the game. Going around and catching all of the Legendary Pokemon was a quest in itself post-game. Plus, their locations were really neat. Giratina's Spring Path -> Sendoff Spring -> Turnback Cave, Cresselia's and Darkrai's Full Moon and New Moon Islands, going to each Sinnoh Lake to capture the Legendary Pixies, venturing the volcano in the northern Battle Zone to get Heatran... even the things like hacking getting event items to trigger the Shaymin and Arceus events. That was so much fun post-game and it was one of the many highlights of the 4th Gen for me.

I honestly hope that there are this many Legendaries in the 5th Gen. Alternatively, maybe they can simply be "rare" Pokemon that aren't "Legendary" status, but you still need to go on quests to obtain them. That'd be the best of both worlds--it'd preserve the "Legendary" status of Pokemon by making the actual Legendaries legendary, while giving a lot of post-game content. Like with Rotom--a non-Legendary that gets a quest to itself. Why can't we just have more of those?

Last edited:

Glue

Snorunt = cool ^o^
I loved pokemon following you! If they have been hiding it they have been doing a good job of it. Even if they dont have it I will still buy the game of course. But right now it doesnt seem likely they will have pokemon following you.

Larry

There has to be some useless Pokemon...unless they were to get useless evolutions.

nikohesus

Banned
I loved pokemon following you! If they have been hiding it they have been doing a good job of it. Even if they dont have it I will still buy the game of course. But right now it doesnt seem likely they will have pokemon following you.

Everything single screenshot and piece of gameplay has never shown any Pokemon following you- in fact- the only scene that involves overworld Pokemon is the Celebi event, so dont get your hopes up.

Porygandrew

I agree. I am loving that feature.

One thing I wished we saw for contests and Pokethlons were "rivals". Hey, great that Magnus is the Pokethlon champ, but we don't interact with him pretty much at all. We don't even get his phone number to talk to him, nor does he contact the player to issue a challenge or invite.

Same with contests. Heck, they could take pokemon trainers in the overworld and have a few of them call up for contest challenges (accept or decline) with their pokemon you battled against.

Pretty much what I want to see is more of a reason to do the sidequest stuff other than "just because they're there". Heck, I wish we would be able to get the numbers of Frontier Brains after getting the silver symbol/print and have them encourage us to go for the gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.