• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Yeah, i agree with this. I'm one of the few people who actually didnt mind all the legendaries in PPPt, i think catching them is pretty fun
I didn't mind it really, but it got tedious, and they were too much a focus of the plot. I didn't enjoy having to do stark mountain twice to get heatran, a pokemon I don't particularly like anymore (lava frog=ugly). So if we get a lot of legendaries, don't put as much gravity on them.
Actually them being on the 3ds and in Gen V makes absolute sense. Remember, Black and White will be released at the end of the DS's life. There is probably no doubt that the other Gen V games would be released on the 3ds, otherwise they'd be selling games for an outdated system, which is just stupid. Plus, we would need RS remakes, as apparently, there won't be many past gen Pokes obtainable in BW.
I'm pretty sure Day/Night is a staple now, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
And trust me, you're not the only one.
But the High Link dreamworld provides a way to get non-native pokemon. I'm not shooting down an RS remake (I actually really liked those games and would love to see them remade), I'm just saying that's not a particularly good example. A better one would be that a remake allows them to test new features and have a testing ground.
Nope.avi

Gen 4 had some nice evolutions, but there were still way too many useless pokemon left unevolved, and a whole bunch of new ones added who were sub-par and in desparate need of evolutions (*cough* Pachirisu). Let them tie up the loose ends for this riff-raff first, THEN they can focus on adding new species. The more evolutions of older, currently useless pokemon, the better.

Also, I don't get why people gripe about having more legendaries. It means you're getting MORE legendaries. More legendaries to catch = more stuff to do in-game + more diverse Ubers tier in competitive play. The only arguments to the contrary are people whining about standards and principles such as 'there shouldn't be too many legendaries because I liked it back when pokemon sucked'.
But that's just stupid. There's alway going to be pokemon who suck (see: Luvdisc) and theres nothing we can do about it. More evos and preevos of already existing pokemon mean that there is less room for brand new ones. They tend to only release about 100-150 per gen, and if there are too many additions to the older pokemon canon, that means less room for the new stuff. Plus, they have to implement a way to obtain them that wasn't available in the old games. A hassle if you ask me.
I'm hoping we have a grass legendary again :p I haven't liked the previous ones .-.
We've had a grass legendary? I don't remember... oh wait... Shaymin. Blah.
I loved pokemon following you! If they have been hiding it they have been doing a good job of it. Even if they dont have it I will still buy the game of course. But right now it doesnt seem likely they will have pokemon following you.
Yeah. That makes me sad.

Also... what is the Feeling Check? Some way to see if your pokemon likes you? That's convenient... I guess.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
Alternatively, maybe they can simply be "rare" Pokemon that aren't "Legendary" status, but you still need to go on quests to obtain them. That'd be the best of both worlds--it'd preserve the "Legendary" status of Pokemon by making the actual Legendaries legendary, while giving a lot of post-game content. Like with Rotom--a non-Legendary that gets a quest to itself. Why can't we just have more of those?
^This. I think the focus should be moved a little more toward rare Pokemon like Rotom or Lucario than actual legendaries (note that in the sense of the word I mean one of a kind/event pokemon that you can't breed more of). It makes the actual legendaries remaining seem so much more unique and rare, IMO, if they're few and far between.

Beebar234

But the High Link dreamworld provides a way to get non-native pokemon. I'm not shooting down an RS remake (I actually really liked those games and would love to see them remade), I'm just saying that's not a particularly good example. A better one would be that a remake allows them to test new features and have a testing ground.
Haha you're right, that wasn't a very good example. But for the many people who play and can't connect to Nintendo Wi-fi, they would be very conveinient. Plus, a remake (if made after the third version) would give people something to do while waiting for Gen VI. Oh and BTW, I don't like Heatran either.

I'd like it if the stat page feature from HGSS is kept. If you look closely at the stat names (Attack, Defense, etc.), you can see alternate colors so you can see exactly which stats are raised or lowered, if at all. I really liked that feature because I can't be bothered to memorize which natures do what.

v Solstice x

I'm an Anteater!!
I'd like it if the stat page feature from HGSS is kept. If you look closely at the stat names (Attack, Defense, etc.), you can see alternate colors so you can see exactly which stats are raised or lowered, if at all. I really liked that feature because I can't be bothered to memorize which natures do what.

Yeah I liked that feature too, I think the brown was raised and blue was lowered or other way around. :p

jubilife

Aspiring Author
Everything single screenshot and piece of gameplay has never shown any Pokemon following you- in fact- the only scene that involves overworld Pokemon is the Celebi event, so dont get your hopes up.

We can hope the feature can be toggled on and off, and that maybe the devs prefer to show the game with it turned off...

Although chances of it returning do look slim...

Yeah I liked that feature too, I think the brown was raised and blue was lowered or other way around. :p
I thought it was black, not brown.

jubilife said:
We can hope the feature can be toggled on and off, and that maybe the devs prefer to show the game with it turned off...

Although chances of it returning do look slim...
It probably won't happen. Celebi was probably released from the ball for the event and nothing more. If the feature was to make a return, we would have seen footage by now.

Kael Sabel

The Dark Spriter
Everything single screenshot and piece of gameplay has never shown any Pokemon following you- in fact- the only scene that involves overworld Pokemon is the Celebi event, so dont get your hopes up.

That is true, we probably won't have following Pokemon. However, to be fair to what you said, there have been numerous screen shots with OW Pokemon aside from Celebi. There is one where we see Chiramii standing in a Pokemon Center/Mart next to a trainer, Munna and its evo behind Makomo, and a couple of others. At this point, however, they clearly have OW Pokemon sprites for new creatures so perhaps we could speculate the possibility of something along the lines of the Amity Square in DPPT that allowed Following Pokemon in there. I don't remember if they showed that off ahead of time during those games rumor period.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color

That's very untrue.

Y'know... we've been seeing a lot of overworld sprites in Black and White.

-Musharna's is seen (presumably to access Dream Smoke)
-A Chiramii is seen next to a girl in a Pokemon Center
-Pikachu's overworld is seen in a Dream World screenshot (granted, we have Poke Kid trainers that look like this, but still)
-We may or may not have seen Tsutarja's overworld on top of the bed before going to sleep (it may have just been a box sprite)
-There are overworld sprites for Zorua and Celebi for the Zorua event

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
But that's just stupid. There's alway going to be pokemon who suck (see: Luvdisc) and theres nothing we can do about it. More evos and preevos of already existing pokemon mean that there is less room for brand new ones. They tend to only release about 100-150 per gen, and if there are too many additions to the older pokemon canon, that means less room for the new stuff. Plus, they have to implement a way to obtain them that wasn't available in the old games. A hassle if you ask me.

new evolutions = new pokemon. And yes, there are a lot of pokemon who suck right now and have no purpose being in the game at all. (see: Luvdisc) so all of these are drastically in need of an evolution to make them at least useable in higher levels of play. What's to say that Luvdisk can't get an evolution that will make it awesome? all it needs is a sufficient boost in stats, and maybe a 2nd stage evolution to top off the process.

As for the whole 'new ways to obtain them that wasn't available in the new games' argument, do you honestly believe that every single new evolution needs some crazy unique way of evolving? Just let it hold an item and level it up or increase it's happiness. Bam. Problem solved. It's not a hassle at all.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Haha you're right, that wasn't a very good example. But for the many people who play and can't connect to Nintendo Wi-fi, they would be very conveinient. Plus, a remake (if made after the third version) would give people something to do while waiting for Gen VI. Oh and BTW, I don't like Heatran either.
I myself am one of the poor souls with no wifi. But gf has recently been giving out tons of stuff via wifi, and they only plan to implement it more. So the high link offers a way for that, and to randomly reward people with wifi and further alienate the people (like me >.<) who don't.
^This. I think the focus should be moved a little more toward rare Pokemon like Rotom or Lucario than actual legendaries (note that in the sense of the word I mean one of a kind/event pokemon that you can't breed more of). It makes the actual legendaries remaining seem so much more unique and rare, IMO, if they're few and far between.
A really good idea. I enjoyed the little quests to get those kind of unique pokemon. If more were like that, it would indeed give more to do after the E4 than just roaming around, rematching and battle tower/frontier.
new evolutions = new pokemon. And yes, there are a lot of pokemon who suck right now and have no purpose being in the game at all. (see: Luvdisc) so all of these are drastically in need of an evolution to make them at least useable in higher levels of play. What's to say that Luvdisk can't get an evolution that will make it awesome? all it needs is a sufficient boost in stats, and maybe a 2nd stage evolution to top off the process.

As for the whole 'new ways to obtain them that wasn't available in the new games' argument, do you honestly believe that every single new evolution needs some crazy unique way of evolving? Just let it hold an item and level it up or increase it's happiness. Bam. Problem solved. It's not a hassle at all.
That new items thing is exactly what I mean. The only way to get pokemon like ryhperior and dusknoir was to trade with an item that was a real pain to track down. Plus, unless you hacked or something, you could only get one. Another note is that unless you have two DS, you need to do a quick trade-trade back with a friend, and since trading is slow and boring, it becomes a chore.
Pokemon like luvdisc, delibird, shuckle, plusle, minun and pachirisu will never get evos, because they are gimmicks. They don't perform well because they are just a little joke or nod to something. Plusle, Minun and pachirisu are pikachu knock offs, no more. Luvdisc is simply a means to get heart scales. delibird has a signature move that is no longer unique. Shuckle... not a bad pokemon, actually.
See, game freak's message is to love all pokemon regardless of their strengths, and see them for what they are. Cheesy I know, but it's a kids game.

I can't seem to find where Black/White city would be on the map. The only place I can see working is right above the western mountain range, as far away from where I project the starting town to be as you can get.

PokéJungle

Webmaster | Writer
I wish GameFreak would make all Pokemon's stats loveable so there weren't so many NU tier Pokemon >>;

And it especially sucks when you find new Pokemon you LIKE just to be let down that in battle you have to constantly babysit them because of their low stats.

zero2539

The returning Pokemon... it is easy to tell which ones from Kanto and Johto will be probably definitely returning due to Nat. Dex patterns and whatnot. Hoenn is slightly harder, because so far we only have Sinnoh to go on, and even then it depends on whether or not the DP Dex or the PlatDex is the 'real' one. I personally think it's the PlatDex, but hey.

well i dont know i wonder if they will bring back the national pokedex uuntil you've seen all the pokemon in isshu region like in Platinum. The only reason i wonder this is because the are supposed to be restarting the route numbers because its a faraway land. if that is the case i wonder if the have any of the other pokemon. i think P.Oak will come and you will get the nat dex and then you will be able to access another region such as sinoh via boat

zero2539

i wish they bring back the idea of traveling between two regions and face other gym leaders that would be awesome

zero2539

i wish they bring back the idea of traveling between two regions and face other gym leaders that would be awesome

BrobotJ

Order and Chaos!

I dont know if this has been talked about previously,but doesnt anyone think that the Theme of B-and-W are will have the theme of order and chaos, and that Reshiram represents Chaos While Zekrom Represents order?Because when you notice the designs on Reshiram and Zekrom, Zekrom design is kept in the lines and the design for Reshiram is out of order?Kind of like Chaos and Order,maybe thats why each Legendary is representing its apposite color.....

well i dont know i wonder if they will bring back the national pokedex uuntil you've seen all the pokemon in isshu region like in Platinum. The only reason i wonder this is because the are supposed to be restarting the route numbers because its a faraway land. if that is the case i wonder if the have any of the other pokemon. i think P.Oak will come and you will get the nat dex and then you will be able to access another region such as sinoh via boat
Going to another region is unlikely, if you ask me. Going back to Sinnoh would be even more unlikely. We just had Sinnoh, Johto, and Kanto. Hoenn is the only likely region, and even then it will probably be in a remake.

I don't want to turn this into a R/S remake discussion, but does anyone think that we will see the return of Dive in BW? On the map of the region there are dark spots of water, which indicate to me Dive will return. I really hope it does, I want to see it in these graphics. I'm betting that the third version and RS remakes will be on the 3DS, so that will be even more amazing.

Glue

Snorunt = cool ^o^
I dont know if this has been talked about previously,but doesnt anyone think that the Theme of B-and-W are will have the theme of order and chaos, and that Reshiram represents Chaos While Zekrom Represents order?Because when you notice the designs on Reshiram and Zekrom, Zekrom design is kept in the lines and the design for Reshiram is out of order?Kind of like Chaos and Order,maybe thats why each Legendary is representing its apposite color.....

Thats confusing but maybe true good observation.

Reshiram - It blows flames that completely burn its surroundings. It is said that its heat moves Earth's atmosphere.
Zekrom - It has been passed down that it creates electricity using the generator in its body, flying around the skies of the Isshu region and hiding itself in thunderclouds.
Do people really still don't know this? They're not based around order and chaos, or dark and light. If this rumour is correct, Reshiram has to do with the atmosphere, Zekrom has to do with the clouds in the atmosphere. The overall theme seems to be Technology and Nature, of course.

Don't quote me on this, because I need to debunk that description. I completely forget where Pokebeach cited the source. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.