• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I agree. I want pre-evolutions and evolutions. 4th Gen was so great because it had them. A lot of people hate how many there were, but I personally think that the abundance of evolutions made the 4th Gen feel really connected with the previous generations. It felt so intertwined because so many older Pokemon now had significance in the new generation. 3rd Generation wasn't as great for me because of that--it was just a bunch of Pokemon with (IMO) poorer designs and only two connections with the first two gens.

This x1000000.

I think that the 5th Gen will be better than the 3rd Gen even if there are few cross-Gen evos introduced, I just hope there are some that are actually useful.

I'd like an evolution for:

Torkoal (Fire/Steel)
Pachirisu (Electric/Flying)
Banette (Ghost)
Rapidash (Fire/Flying)
Manectric (Electric)
Absol (Dark)

And a pre-evolution for:

Miltank and Tauros (Normal)
Heracross (Bug)
Pinsir (Bug)
Lapras

If they are making new evolutions, it'd probably just be for pokemon that need them. So it'd probably be something like this:

Evolutions:
Dunsparce
Farfetch'd
Luvdisc
Qwilfish
Buneary (male alt evolution)

Pre-evolutions:
Kangaskhan
Tauros/Miltank

420 Name:Anonymous Game Lover[sage] Date Posted:17/7/2010 (SAT) 06:43:27 eAowzrrD0
No.146(632)  Grass
No.147(633) Poison
No.148(634) Ground
No.149(635) Dragon/Fire
No.150(636)  Dragon/Electric]
No.637 Ice/Fighting

No.638 Fire/Dark
No.639 Ground/Bug
No.640 Poison/Dragon

No.641  Steel
No.642 Water
No.643 Fire
No.644 Dragon/Ice
No.645 Normal/Ghost

No.646  Dragon
No.647 Dark/Psychic

Bolded ones are epic win! I like some of the typings for these and I hope they come true, but not this many legendaries. I have a feeling some of them are going to be as pointless as the likes of Heatran, Cresselia, and Phione. Also, I think the Dragon/Ice pokemon is going to be Gray's mascot (although it would be epic if it was the Poison/Dragon instead).

489 Name:Anonymous Game Lover[sage] Date Posted:17/7/2010 (SAT) 14:07:28 eAowzrrD0
What I heard was that after 636 they’re legendaries, or something. Altogether it makes one think we’ll have over 600 Pokemon species.

It's kind of obvious that there's going to be at least 600, but I think it's going to be somewhere in the range of 625-643.

Who says they are all legendary? Maybe they are normal Pokemon like Rotom or Frostlass which you can only get after the National Dex?

Possibly, but they haven't done that since 2nd gen.

I didn't mind it really, but it got tedious, and they were too much a focus of the plot. I didn't enjoy having to do stark mountain twice to get heatran, a pokemon I don't particularly like anymore (lava frog=ugly). So if we get a lot of legendaries, don't put as much gravity on them.

Yeah, Heatran was utterly pointless. They should have never created him.

But that's just stupid. There's alway going to be pokemon who suck (see: Luvdisc) and theres nothing we can do about it. More evos and preevos of already existing pokemon mean that there is less room for brand new ones. They tend to only release about 100-150 per gen, and if there are too many additions to the older pokemon canon, that means less room for the new stuff. Plus, they have to implement a way to obtain them that wasn't available in the old games. A hassle if you ask me.

But they're always trying to make the pokemon that suck better. I mean, look at the ones that got new evolutions 4th gen: Gligar, Sneasel, Yanma, Tangela, Lickitung, etc. were all pretty useless before 4th gen and now are much more useful.

I thought it was black, not brown.

You're both wrong. Red= stat boost from nature Blue=stat reduction from nature.

I dont know if this has been talked about previously,but doesnt anyone think that the Theme of B-and-W are will have the theme of order and chaos, and that Reshiram represents Chaos While Zekrom Represents order?Because when you notice the designs on Reshiram and Zekrom, Zekrom design is kept in the lines and the design for Reshiram is out of order?Kind of like Chaos and Order,maybe thats why each Legendary is representing its apposite color.....

No, it's obviously going to be nature vs. technology. Why else would we have area differences in BW related to that theme?

Do people really still don't know this? They're not based around order and chaos, they're going for a sky theme here. Reshiram has to do with the atmosphere, Zekrom has to do with the clouds in the atmosphere. That's all there is to it.

Really, Joe should have added that information ages ago. :/

You win sir.
|\___/|
.|O-O|.
/|u3u|\
''||8||''
_V...V_

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
1. vs seeker leveling up in R/S/E and HGSS was horible.
2. instead of making a remake add the remake (probaly hoenn) after the elite four.
3. dive
4. longer routes
5. bigger cities
6. less pre-evos. thier basicly useless becuse you have to breed to get them most of the time.
7. more of a storyline with the bad team.
8. a mode of transportation other than fly (maybe a train)

Glue

Snorunt = cool ^o^
I loved dive they need to bring it back

Bardische

Elegance.
1. vs seeker leveling up in R/S/E and HGSS was horible.

First off, none of the games you mentioned had a VS. Seeker. They had phones. You can't say it was "vs seeker leveling" when it wasn't even a VS. Seeker in the first place. pokegear and pokenav, please.

2. instead of making a remake add the remake (probaly hoenn) after the elite four.

That's what everyone likes to happen.

3. dive

F*** YES.

4. longer routes

Yeah, they should just make long ones instead of suddenly cutting off a long route and turning it into another route.

5. bigger cities

Granted. Hiun City is the first. Black City might be second.

6. less pre-evos. thier basicly useless becuse you have to breed to get them most of the time.

Ugh, here we go again. If you guys don't like breeding, just freakin' GTS it. No one's forcing you to make your Ditto and Wobuffet breed. And 4th gen made baby pokes wild. A return might be seen, but almost unlikely. Mime Jr is currently the only baby pokemon that is catchable in a Gen V feature.

7. more of a storyline with the bad team.

When did we never had this?

8. a mode of transportation other than fly (maybe a train)

MAGNET TRAIN FOR GOD'S SAKES.
-----
Oh well, I'm out of breath. Yes, my computer is breathing. Don't hate, you just can't animate yo computer foo.

hitoshura0

1. vs seeker leveling up in R/S/E and HGSS was horible. Meh, I'm either way. I've never maxed out money until HG came out.
2. instead of making a remake add the remake (probaly hoenn) after the elite four. NO. Just no. Let Isshu be in its own game, and Hoenn in its.
3. dive Why are people so deadset on this coming back? Dive seemed to be the gimmick HM of 3rd Gen that isn't coming back as an HM move.
4. longer routes Sure, just don't whine you think te encounter rate is too high. Besides 119 and 210 were pretty long in their own regards.
5. bigger cities Meh. Not needed, but not undesirable.
6. less pre-evos. thier basicly useless becuse you have to breed to get them most of the time. a. Learn to grammar. b. They are useful. Wobbuffet wuvs Encores from Wynaut. Besides, nobody is forcing you to get them.
7. more of a storyline with the bad team. We get plenty of story with the evil team. Given the character development we got in DPPt, I'd say we'll get more of that.
8. a mode of transportation other than fly (maybe a train) Meh. Fly is darn good for what it does in the game.

-snip quotebox-

This dude has the grammar of a 2 year old. You have to decipher it when you comment.

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
Going to another region is unlikely, if you ask me. Going back to Sinnoh would be even more unlikely. We just had Sinnoh, Johto, and Kanto. Hoenn is the only likely region, and even then it will probably be in a remake.

I don't want to turn this into a R/S remake discussion, but does anyone think that we will see the return of Dive in BW? On the map of the region there are dark spots of water, which indicate to me Dive will return. I really hope it does, I want to see it in these graphics. I'm betting that the third version and RS remakes will be on the 3DS, so that will be even more amazing.

I agree. Going back to another Region is reeeaaally Risky. Isn't Isshu big enough for you? Its the Biggest Region a.k.a Big/Long adventure. I think you have a point in return of Dive there. But I guess not anyway. Probably a New (OR USELESS) HM.

7 tyranitars

I would love to see dive return tbh :D and be able to fly to hoehn *hope hope* but we can't be sure it might be a crazy island adventure like after fr lg

I'd love to see exclusive movesets for each version, or even a Pokemon available in both versions but evolves differently depending on the version it evolves in.

I'd love to see exclusive movesets for each version, or even a Pokemon available in both versions but evolves differently depending on the version it evolves in.

Rsr57

This would be cool.

D*N

Musical Star
Going to another region is unlikely, if you ask me. Going back to Sinnoh would be even more unlikely. We just had Sinnoh, Johto, and Kanto. Hoenn is the only likely region, and even then it will probably be in a remake.

I don't want to turn this into a R/S remake discussion, but does anyone think that we will see the return of Dive in BW? On the map of the region there are dark spots of water, which indicate to me Dive will return. I really hope it does, I want to see it in these graphics. I'm betting that the third version and RS remakes will be on the 3DS, so that will be even more amazing.

Hope dive comes back, one off the most likeable hm's ever.
Better than flash/defog.
Hope there will be R/S remakes since there my favorite games.

This x1000000.

If they are making new evolutions, it'd probably just be for pokemon that need them. So it'd probably be something like this:

Evolutions:
Dunsparce
Farfetch'd
Luvdisc
Qwilfish
Buneary (male alt evolution)

Pre-evolutions:
Kangaskhan
Tauros/Miltank

agreed, not to many evolutions.
Think there not doing any evoolutions but hope there will be a small amount of them.

Bolded ones are epic win! I like some of the typings for these and I hope they come true, but not this many legendaries. I have a feeling some of them are going to be as pointless as the likes of Heatran, Cresselia, and Phione. Also, I think the Dragon/Ice pokemon is going to be Gray's mascot (although it would be epic if it was the Poison/Dragon instead).
thought the same, only to many legends, 16 is very very overdoing it.
though there some nice type combo's, hoping normal pokemon also gonna get some of these types.

It's kind of obvious that there's going to be at least 600, but I think it's going to be somewhere in the range of 625-643.

Possibly, but they haven't done that since 2nd gen.

Yeah, Heatran was utterly pointless. They should have never created him.

He's really ugly and poor, but the sidequest with stark mountain was fun.

But they're always trying to make the pokemon that suck better. I mean, look at the ones that got new evolutions 4th gen: Gligar, Sneasel, Yanma, Tangela, Lickitung, etc. were all pretty useless before 4th gen and now are much more useful.

There enough who not needed it, magmar, electabuzz,rydon,dusclops

You're both wrong. Red= stat boost from nature Blue=stat reduction from nature.

No, it's obviously going to be nature vs. technology. Why else would we have area differences in BW related to that theme? plus the Jin/Jang thing-> balance

comments in bold.

This dude has the grammar of a 2 year old. You have to decipher it when you comment.
please don't blame someone for it's grammar, you can read it-> so what's the problem.
*I already had this grammar discussion and that ended pretty bad*
I would love to see dive return tbh :D and be able to fly to hoehn *hope hope* but we can't be sure it might be a crazy island adventure like after fr lg

If Hoën would be included it would be watered down.
That would suck, so they might just have some islands/island like Fr/LG and Dppt.
it wasn't that bad.
Only the islands from fr/lg were a little boring.

Achernar

star-mapping pro
A

420 Name:Anonymous Game Lover[sage] Date Posted:17/7/2010 (SAT) 06:43:27 eAowzrrD0
No.146(632)  Grass
No.147(633) Poison
No.148(634) Ground
No.149(635) Dragon/Fire
No.150(636)  Dragon/Electric
No.637 Ice/Fighting
No.638 Fire/Dark
No.639 Ground/Bug
No.640 Poison/Dragon
No.641  Steel
No.642 Water
No.643 Fire
No.644 Dragon/Ice
No.645 Normal/Ghost
No.646  Dragon
No.647 Dark/Psychic

sounds fake because of the numbering? o_0

493 pokemon from gen I to gen IV

assuming that there would be 154 new pokemon since it goes to 647.

and assuming that the regional pokedex stops at 150 which corresponds to the no. 636 pokemon. then 636 minus 150 = 486? what happened to the other 7?

it's either fake or there are only 7 old pokemon included the regional pokedex? o_0

D*N

Musical Star

and assuming that the regional pokedex stops at 150 which corresponds to the no. 636 pokemon. then 636 minus 150 = 486? what happened to the other 7?

it's either fake or there are only 7 old pokemon included the regional pokedex? o_0

or there 7 more legends in the isshu dex.
Hope it's fake though

spareux

maldición
i'm genuinely not that bothered about these games to be honest, but seeing all the version differences i assumed that one was meant to be set further back in the past than the other ha.

ASP

Yeah, there's no way they could be set in the same timeline/universe as eachother. Each version would have their own history or something.

What if each version was just a mini-universe created by the mascots? A figment of their imagination? And the plot somehow leads to breaking out of this....

that sounds dumb, sorry.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Even if following isn't in the game I'd love for the Pokethlon to be. That was so much more fun than freaking Contests.
If the Pokethlon doesn't pop up in some shape or form I'm going to ****ing scream. No literally, Pokethlon was the best thing to happen in ages, and taking it away is totally barbaric.
Actually, it's most likely that there will be RS Remakes. The 3DS is about to be released and I don't think it's crazy to think that Gen 5 might span across two handhelds (DS and 3DS).
While yes it could happen, we also have to consider how if they want to reset the routes, and explain it, there's serious explaining to be done as to why we're back to high numbered roots for the new people.

Also to be honest, the Dragon/Ice bit in the rumor is the only one that really sells the rumor, if only cause it makes sense for the trio to be ice/fire/electric.

Achernar

star-mapping pro
anyway about pokemon no. 645 (if ever true)

Normal/Ghost

I wonder what would that look like @_@
sounds cool and it's a pretty weird combo as well

rocky505

anyway about pokemon no. 645 (if ever true)

Normal/Ghost

I wonder what would that look like @_@
sounds cool and it's a pretty weird combo as well
My bets are on an old school ghost. You know one covered with a white cloth.

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!

Reminder: Hoenn's Regional Dex went to 200... But I don't know where I'm going with that.

If these regions are within the same Planet, then I'd assume that there'd be at least a few worldwide Pokemon, especially in the ocean. (Magikarp, Gyrados, Tentacool, Tentacruel) And if the series mascot (Pikachu) is still a given (Which I'm doubting), then that'll add the last 3.

But I really want to believe the regional dex goes to 200, but 150 would be Ok.

My bets are on an old school ghost. You know one covered with a white cloth.

I'm either going with this or the "Ghost" You saw in FR/LG when you didn't have the Silph. Scope, But I can't see either of them being much more than a rare one-off rather than a legendary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.