• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I too would need the trade boxes gig, when I transfer from version to version I hate catching loads of junk returning, trading, going back out, catching mre junk, going back in, tradeing, etc....I wuld love to skip the going out step, I haveloads of EV trained and IV bred pokemon from as far back as Emerald I have to trade up.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Impossible because Eevee would have been able to evolve with it in the earliest games then
GF won't contradict themselves that much
Piloswine has been able to learn AncientPower since both Pokemon and move were introduced. Lickitung has been able to learn Rollout since Generation II. And not until Generation IV has leveling them up with those moves actually done something. That right there proves that GameFreak doesn't give a Raticate's rear end about continuity with evolution methods.

Then how would we evolve Eevee into Glaceon.
New generation, new items. Like it's really beyond GameFreak's means to invent a new ice-themed evolution stone.

Come to think of it, Sun and Moon stones for Espeon and Umbreon are also starting to sound feasible, but in those cases, I'm a little skeptical somehow.

Let me introduce you to my level 100 shiny Magneton. Magneton reached level 100 way before Magnezone was ever thought of, and thus could not be evolved.

Say you have a level 100 Pokemon with great IVs, but you screwed up its EVs. And since it's level 100, EV training is out of the question. OR, say you have an unevolved Pokemon at level 100, and now you're changing your mind about keeping it unevolved, but it needs to level up to evolve.

No one trades entire boxes in one sitting. I've never traded more than 10 at once.

I have 14 boxes of level 100 EV trained Pokemon, and a box and a half of legendaries, which I've traded from Pearl to Platinum, and from Platinum to HeartGold. Plus a box of reserves I use for in-game purposes. It took me WEEKS to make the full transition from Platinum to HeartGold. Faster trading/ability to trade entire boxes at a time would be an Arceussend for me when it comes time to trade them from Black version to the inevitable R/S remakes.

@Snowyarticuno: Yes, that's all very well, but not everybody does that. Suppose the Pokemon in question you got in a trade from someone who doesn't know diddly about competitive battling. Or if you yourself raised it before you knew about EVs or IVs. Or knew about an evolution that requires leveling up. Or realized you wanted it to evolve after all. I've wanted an item like this ever since I realized evolving Magneton required leveling it up.

RedJemFlash90

Johto champ
2 things that would be straight up Ba is a normal fire, devilish looking evo of chiramii and a pokemon based on an Ankylosaurus. oh man, the teams im going to make when these games come out...

Mahnmut

Medic Trainer
Piloswine has been able to learn AncientPower since both Pokemon and move were introduced. Lickitung has been able to learn Rollout since Generation II. And not until Generation IV has leveling them up with those moves actually done something. That right there proves that GameFreak doesn't give a Raticate's rear end about continuity with evolution methods.

You proved me wrong and you are correct, yep. Forgot about those. :)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Let me introduce you to my level 100 shiny Magneton. Magneton reached level 100 way before Magnezone was ever thought of, and thus could not be evolved.

Maybe they could change it so if it's Lv. 100, you just have to battle once instead of leveling it up. Otherwise, that'd be the only viable reason for a level down item.

Say you have a level 100 Pokemon with great IVs, but you screwed up its EVs. And since it's level 100, EV training is out of the question. OR, say you have an unevolved Pokemon at level 100, and now you're changing your mind about keeping it unevolved, but it needs to level up to evolve.

That's your fault for not thinking it through.

I have 14 boxes of level 100 EV trained Pokemon, and a box and a half of legendaries, which I've traded from Pearl to Platinum, and from Platinum to HeartGold. Plus a box of reserves I use for in-game purposes. It took me WEEKS to make the full transition from Platinum to HeartGold. Faster trading/ability to trade entire boxes at a time would be an Arceussend for me when it comes time to trade them from Black version to the inevitable R/S remakes.

Why do you want to transfer all of them to HeartGold? It's better to keep your pokemon spread out on a few games so that if your game gets deleted somehow, you won't lose all of your best pokemon.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
I was thinking about it but I dont think the theme is nature vs technology. they said they were yin and yang pokemon. the theme is probably good vs evil.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Can someone translate this? I'm pretty sure it is BW leaked info:

I could but I'm pretty sure I'd get banned from the board.

It's not BW leaks.

But it certainly is about something leaking.

In fact, I would almost suggest deleting it in case someone puts it through an auto translator and finds out what it means.

[Super_Fjord]

Is a college kid.
That's your fault for not thinking it through.

For not predicting that Magneton would be given an evolution..? His bad..?

Anyway... trading boxes would be an excellent addition to help accelerate trades between generations especially, whether for team building, completing PokeDexes, evolution, item-receiving, and various other reasons. I'd appreciate it.

Grei

not the color
I'd like to have a variant to the classic Poke ball. Instead of red and white, maybe blue and white, green and white, ect. Just solid colors with no changed capture rate.

You can see Silver hold a green pokeball in his hand in this picture

or this

I think that'd be really cool. I was thinking something along those lines the other day, only it'd just be more Seals that simply make your Pokemon glow a certain color upon being called out.

That's... actually very different from what you were suggesting.
Differently-colored Pokeballs would be cool.

2 things that would be straight up Ba is a normal fire, devilish looking evo of chiramii and a pokemon based on an Ankylosaurus. oh man, the teams im going to make when these games come out...

Torterra is already something of an ankylosaurus, though it's not the same.

I was thinking about it but I dont think the theme is nature vs technology. they said they were yin and yang pokemon. the theme is probably good vs evil.

We've got two version-exclusive cities. One is nature-oriented (White Forest), while the other is technology-oriented (Black City). Reshiram looks much more natural (and has a torch-looking tail), and if you think of its typing, Fire is a natural source of light and energy. Zekrom looks more futuristic and artificial (and has a jet turbine-looking tail), and its typing, Electric, is a modern-day source of light and energy. Isshu is "more technologically advanced", which was specifically-stated.

Figure that next to how there's next to nothing supporting a good vs. evil theme, and it's very likely the theme is Nature vs. Technology. Yin and Yang can exist in that form--Yin isn't necessarily Evil, while Yang isn't necessarily Good. Yin and Yang are simply two opposing elements in the world that co-exist in balance, like Nature does with Technology in Isshu.

Josiah

is your favorite
While Sinnoh is not a small region, it's not the biggest, Hoenn is. This is how the regions rank from largest to smallest: Hoenn, Sinnoh, Kanto + Sevii Islands, Isshu, Kanto without Sevii Islands, Johto.
REALLY?
This is some of the worst logic I've ever heard. Sinnoh had roughly the same amount of cities but more routes and bigger routes. Same amount of cities + Further distance apart = Bigger region.
Your logic is far worse. We don't know the number of cities or routes, and we don't know the scale. If you were to put a picture of Russia and a bicture of Japan both into seperate a two by two inch boxes, you wouldn't know which was bigger unless there was a scale at the bottom. The same applies here.
There's little nature to explore, though. There's too few routes in Isshu.
Tell me exactly how many there are. Remember, routes don't even necessarily have to connect cities.
The map clearly shows the amount of cities (I think thirteen) and the routes are as long as Sinnoh's, but in fewer number.
Did you really just say that? 'It CLEARLY shows the amount of cities. I THINK thirteen.' You realize that right there is a contradiction? Besides, they left out a bunch of buildings and it looks like they didn't even space all the cities apart, so we don't know where one begins and the other ends. We've yet to get an in game map that shows what is under the clouds on the map art.

We don't know the size of the region, that is the only fact here.

Last edited:

ijea4444

I really hope there is some form of customization. I don't expect character customization, but just things like vs seeker/poketch would have been fun to pick out certain colors. To an extent the vs recorder allowed this, but there was no blue and that was the one color I wanted.

It would also be fun to choose various locations for wifi-battles. I.e. sea, forest, etc. Which could potentially be useful with Secret Power.

R_N

Oh, no, sorry I meant "got" as in from a trade from someone with no clue what EV training is. That's what I was going for there, sorry for the confusion. In that case it would be no fault of your own if it turned out the EV's were bad.

sucks for you, then. It's kind of an absurdly specific situation anyway

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
There should b a souvineir shop, that sells stuff that's rare, but pricy (invest your money in Nuggets to hold more cash for ex) and after you get the Nat. Dex they sell a few new items, Coronet Stone-A stone from a far out place, it seems to mess up compsses. Frosted Rock-A rock from the cold Shinnoh region, it drops the area temperature a little. Mossy Rock-a damp stone that gives of natural vibes. They would be key items, and while they are in your bag, leveling up a pokemon that needs the loation would result in their evolution, for for the 2 eevee stones, you use one on an eevee(game text-The air around eevee cooled down/feels lush) then level it up.

Phantom champion Z

sucks for you, then. It's kind of an absurdly specific situation anyway

I personaly think it is a good idea that wont be implimented for the obvious reasons you and Black doom have stated.

@Black Doom I dont see how you can judge the size of the region based only on the art work. The purpose of which is to make the region look big and life like. I dont even think the ingame map should be used to judge its size. the only way to accurately juudge Isshu is to actualy play throught the region IMO.

R_N

There should b a souvineir shop, that sells stuff that's rare, but pricy (invest your money in Nuggets to hold more cash for ex) and after you get the Nat. Dex they sell a few new items, Coronet Stone-A stone from a far out place, it seems to mess up compsses. Frosted Rock-A rock from the cold Shinnoh region, it drops the area temperature a little. Mossy Rock-a damp stone that gives of natural vibes. They would be key items, and while they are in your bag, leveling up a pokemon that needs the loation would result in their evolution, for for the 2 eevee stones, you use one on an eevee(game text-The air around eevee cooled down/feels lush) then level it up.

I've been saying for ages that I would love a traveling salesman with grand, varied array of rare items for a high price.

Hard to get TMs, evolutionary items, berries, maybe even things like shards.
It's a pity that so many are one offs or absurdly rare.

Have his stock and location change everyday, and put things like Dubious Disk, stat raising berries, one-off tms and I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.