• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom champion Z

@snowyarticuno that would be a good idea but based on past experiences instead of normal currency the salesman would take shards or something like that, but i would rather have him take poke dollars

ryman

The most realistic change I'm hoping for would be a larger variety of environments. I mean, I like to point out that an absurd percentage of life on Earth lives in rainforests, and not a single main Pokemon game has had one yet.

I also hope for the return of the VS Seeker instead of the calling system. I can't explain how frusterating it is to find out who can be called when for a battle and then sometimes not getting it anyway.

Another interesting idea would be if the NPCs had something of a weekly scheduel, and the cities and towns operated differently and different times and days because of it. For instance, Bob the NPC spends nights and weekends in his house, but during weekdays he's in an office building. Also having NPCs remember meeting you after the first or second time talking to them or recognizing you after you save the world and win the championship, instead of explaining to you how to read signs.

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
Moar Poison types.

Evolutions for Luvdisc, Farfetch'd, Delibird, Jynx, Phione, and Banette.

Koffing pre-evolution, and an NPC to give you its egg.

Tauros/Miltank pre-evolution.

Poison and Dragon Eeveelutions.

I wouldn't mind more poison type Pokemon, but i'd rather have a few and competitive than a whole bunch of useless Pokemon.

I don't think that Luvdisk will ever get an evolution, but you never know. Why the heck would Jynx need another evo. Same for Banette. Delibird..., well maybe, or give it a couple new moves.

Noooooooo! The Koffing line must stay the way it is! I love Koffing and Weezing and giving them a baby form would be so weird.

Tauros/Miltank pre-evolution? I second that.

Why everyone want more eevelutions anyway? We have seven, personally i'm fine with that.

An item that reduces a Pokémon's level by one.

lol no

That's too similar to Digimon. You can't suddenly take something away from a frog to turn it back into a tadpole, and you can't give something to a butterfly to make it revert to a caterpillar. Pokemon is no different.

^This

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
Another interesting idea would be if the NPCs had something of a weekly schedule, and the cities and towns operated differently and different times and days because of it. For instance, Bob the NPC spends nights and weekends in his house, but during weekdays he's in an office building. Also having NPCs remember meeting you after the first or second time talking to them or recognizing you after you save the world and win the championship, instead of explaining to you how to read signs.

I'd like to see something like this, instead of npc's sitting around, but i guess that would require more space/memory in the cartridge so i doubt it would happen any time soon or even ever.

Nacreous

Fire trainer

Porygandrew

An item that reduces a Pokémon's level by one.
I'd rather have an Exp.0 item that denies experience points (but not necessarily ev points) to a pokemon holding the item.
One thing I liked about the daycare in the original GS games was that it reset the pokemon's experience. That way if I didn't want it to level up, I'd throw it in the daycare before it would level and immediately take it out.

Firebrand

Indomitable
There should b a souvineir shop, that sells stuff that's rare, but pricy (invest your money in Nuggets to hold more cash for ex) and after you get the Nat. Dex they sell a few new items, Coronet Stone-A stone from a far out place, it seems to mess up compsses. Frosted Rock-A rock from the cold Shinnoh region, it drops the area temperature a little. Mossy Rock-a damp stone that gives of natural vibes. They would be key items, and while they are in your bag, leveling up a pokemon that needs the loation would result in their evolution, for for the 2 eevee stones, you use one on an eevee(game text-The air around eevee cooled down/feels lush) then level it up.
This is a cool idea. I hated having to track down the protector/reaper cloth/dubious disk in DP. Buying it (even if it's expensive) would be nice. Plus, that gives us a way to get probopass and magnezone without too much hassle.
The most realistic change I'm hoping for would be a larger variety of environments. I mean, I like to point out that an absurd percentage of life on Earth lives in rainforests, and not a single main Pokemon game has had one yet.

I also hope for the return of the VS Seeker instead of the calling system. I can't explain how frusterating it is to find out who can be called when for a battle and then sometimes not getting it anyway.

Another interesting idea would be if the NPCs had something of a weekly scheduel, and the cities and towns operated differently and different times and days because of it. For instance, Bob the NPC spends nights and weekends in his house, but during weekdays he's in an office building. Also having NPCs remember meeting you after the first or second time talking to them or recognizing you after you save the world and win the championship, instead of explaining to you how to read signs.
1. Yes. I would kill to see a rainforest. There's also not enough arid environments or cold snowy mountains. Another thing I'd like to see is actually climbing a mountain, not going through a cave and somehow popping out on top or on the other side.
2. Yes. I hate picking up the phone, thinking "oh, maybe a rematch!" only to hear how some trainer almost beat that ratticate, or how that one guys psyduck looks like him.
3. Or have their conversations evolve as the story goes on, reflecting their life. Like, the first time they talk about training an azuril. A little later, they talk about their maril. Then towards the end of the game, they tell you how awesome their Azumaril is.

Bardische

Elegance.
This is a cool idea. I hated having to track down the protector/reaper cloth/dubious disk in DP. Buying it (even if it's expensive) would be nice. Plus, that gives us a way to get probopass and magnezone without too much hassle.

Unless of course, those magnetized rocks in the cave we saw in the early pictures of B/W are the ones capable of evolving them. Did anyone forget about those?

1. Yes. I would kill to see a rainforest. There's also not enough arid environments or cold snowy mountains. Another thing I'd like to see is actually climbing a mountain, not going through a cave and somehow popping out on top or on the other side.

Yeah I mean, why the crap does every mountain you go through somehow paved by people?

2. Yes. I hate picking up the phone, thinking "oh, maybe a rematch!" only to hear how some trainer almost beat that ratticate, or how that one guys psyduck looks like him.

BURN IN HELL JOEY. BURN IN HELL.

3. Or have their conversations evolve as the story goes on, reflecting their life. Like, the first time they talk about training an azuril. A little later, they talk about their maril. Then towards the end of the game, they tell you how awesome their Azumaril is.

My only concern, actually. Lyra/Ethan had a Marill, where they claimed evolved into Azumarill. Yet when you visited them, Marill's still there.

I'd like to see more emphasis on npc personalities myself. It would be interesting to see more people develop vastly different personalities. Like this guy locking their room when they see a particular pokemon, or lazy store clerks who won't sell you anything unless you give them something.

Honestly, the only character I can think of who had personality other than important characters was the kid who liked shorts so much.

I personally wouldn't like to see too many different environments in this region. DPPt had too many contradicting ones: Cold and snowy at certain parts, the warm and wet marsh, and the hot, dry desert. It's only one region, not an entire world. Hoenn stuck only to the hot, tropical theme, and it made much more sense.

Lieutanant Jazz

Aggresive tactian
it would be cool if you travel to all the regions but that would be kinda big and long

Kazifasari

I have no speculations, but I do have a wish list. Or rather an idea list.

Capturing Ideas:

Catching different pokémon while riding the bicycle. i.e having pokémon with superior speed stats being only available while on the bike.

Using light to catch bug types. We've all done this, set out a light on the porch to attract moths and beetles. Why not put that in the game? Have areas where you can use a light or perhaps flash to attract rare bug-types you normally wouldn't find.

Having different lures for catching different water-types while fishing. I am seriously tired of having only Magikarp and maybe one or two other pokémon to catch while fishing in nearly every pond in a game.

Using camouflage to catch elusive pokémon. I don't mean the move, I mean actual camouflage to hide yourself in.

Evolution wish list: or rather pokémon I hope get evolutions.

Raticate: does anyone use Raticate for anything? I think it could really benefit from having another evolution.
Sandslash: is one of my favorites, but I never use it for obvious reasons. But if it had a cool evolution maybe it could finally be worth something.
Parasect: no reason, I just want to see one.
Venomoth: poor Venomoth is one favorites if only for its looks.
Persian: I've always felt that Persian needed an evolution and my mind hasn't changed.
Rapidash: Okay I don't think Rapidash needs an evolution, but I'd still like to see one. Basically we have a flaming unicorn why not step it up a notch and give us a flaming pegasus?
Farfetch'd: Do have to explain this?
Marowak
Kangaskhan: I want to see its baby-form (the one it always carrys) be its own pokémon that evolves into it.
Pinsir: How is it that Pinsir went through 4 generations without get niether a pre-evolution or an evolution of any kind?
Tauros: the same opinion as Pinsir.
Lapras: I don't think it needs an evolution, but I would like to see a pre-evolution.
Sudowoodo: it has a pre-evolution but I'd still like to see a full-evolution.
Girafarig
Qwilfish
Shuckle: yes that would be a major defensive wall.
Corsola
Delibird
Skarmory
Stantler I want to see a fawn pokémon be its pre-evolution.
Smeargle
Sableye
Mawile
Plusle and Minun
Spinda: let it become a killer panda!
Altaria: doesn't need it, but I would still like it.
Seviper: have it evolve into a hydra-like pokemon. A poison/dragon type.
Chimecho it has a pre-evolution but its stats give it room for another evolution.
Absol
Luvdisc: why must it remain useless?

I'm not going into the 4th generation cause I think it's too soon to give them evolutions.

Capturing Ideas:

Catching different pokémon while riding the bicycle. i.e having pokémon with superior speed stats being only available while on the bike.This doesn't really make sense, because the pokemon attack you and you don't hunt for them

Using light to catch bug types. We've all done this, set out a light on the porch to attract moths and beetles. Why not put that in the game? Have areas where you can use a light or perhaps flash to attract rare bug-types you normally wouldn't find.We already have honey trees.

Having different lures for catching different water-types while fishing. I am seriously tired of having only Magikarp and maybe one or two other pokémon to catch while fishing in nearly every pond in a game.That is why we have different rods and we don't need different lures.

Using camouflage to catch elusive pokémon. I don't mean the move, I mean actual camouflage to hide yourself in.Maybe in the safari zone but nowhere else.

Raticate: does anyone use Raticate for anything? I think it could really benefit from having another evolution.National rodents are meant to be weak.
Sandslash: is one of my favorites, but I never use it for obvious reasons. But if it had a cool evolution maybe it could finally be worthsomething.this one might I agree on
Parasect: no reason, I just want to see one.No, poor Parasect would be completly take over/killed by the parasite:(
Venomoth: poor Venomoth is one favorites if only for its looks.Maybe
Persian: I've always felt that Persian needed an evolution and my mind hasn't changed.Persian is fine, destroys it's image as a pet
Rapidash: Okay I don't think Rapidash needs an evolution, but I'd still like to see one. Basically we have a flaming unicorn why not step it up a notch and give us a flaming pegasus?Rapidash is alredy strong and don't need an evo!
Farfetch'd: Do have to explain this?Farfetch'd represents the losers, and should stay like that, a loser
Marowak: I must say that a marowak evo would be cool, but only raise it's defensive stats, the attack stat is really high
Kangaskhan: I want to see its baby-form (the one it always carrys) be its own pokémon that evolves into it.Everybody wants it, but i don't think it's gonna happen
Pinsir: How is it that Pinsir went through 4 generations without get niether a pre-evolution or an evolution of any kind?Maybe a evo so it could be a Scizor counterpart
Tauros: the same opinion as Pinsir.If anything a branch evo with Milktank
Lapras: I don't think it needs an evolution, but I would like to see a pre-evolution.i think it is a great stand-alone
Sudowoodo: it has a pre-evolution but I'd still like to see a full-evolution.have gotten it's time in the light, an evo sounds strange
GirafarigI think thay had messed it up
QwilfishWell yeah, it does need a evo
Shuckle: yes that would be a major defensive wall.It is already a wall, and don't need an evo
CorsolaMaybe
DelibirdThat could have been quite awsome
SkarmoryYou are kidding, it was once the best defence wall, however it just needs better moveset
Stantler I want to see a fawn pokémon be its pre-evolution.Well, it might be cool
Smeargleno
SableyeWould be too strong because of it's typing
MawileYeah, that would be cool
Plusle and MinunPikaclones, don't think they will get something anytime
Spinda: let it become a killer panda!To many sprites >_<
Altaria: doesn't need it, but I would still like it.Why, just why?
Seviper: have it evolve into a hydra-like pokemon. A poison/dragon type.no
Chimecho it has a pre-evolution but its stats give it room for another evolution.I also want an evo
AbsolYeah and epic evo
Luvdisc: why must it remain useless?Really needs an evo, however I think the poor thing will stay useless and weak

I'm not going into the 4th generation cause I think it's too soon to give them
evolutions.

The reason why i don't want so many evos is because the made far to many in genllll, and I like the idea about few old pokemon, and remember this is my opinion.

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
If the whole "otter warrior" thing is true, I would love to see the otter evolve into a water/fight type. If it isn't, well, it might be water/ice-- or something totally different. IDK
I don't think the snake will be grass/electric. Just don't see it happening. I'd like a good grass/dark, and the snake may be just what I was looking for (Shiftry was ugly. >.< Cacturn is just... >.< ...bleh)!
The pig... IDK what it could evolve into. A giant boar....? IDK

Bardische

Elegance.

Capturing Ideas:

Catching different pokémon while riding the bicycle. i.e having pokémon with superior speed stats being only available while on the bike.

They've already made pokemon with high speed stats like the beasts and Sneasel catchable in the wild. I don't see the point of doing that. Also, realistically, the trainer would have to pedal so much. You wouldn't wanna kill your trainer, would you?

Using light to catch bug types. We've all done this, set out a light on the porch to attract moths and beetles. Why not put that in the game? Have areas where you can use a light or perhaps flash to attract rare bug-types you normally wouldn't find.

One, this is a good idea. If you can happen to take into account pokemon's origins, it started with Bugs. Easily catchable bugs. Y'know? That's why they are also seen on starting routes.

But it wouldn't be so bad. I mean, bugs are suckers for luminescent things.

Having different lures for catching different water-types while fishing. I am seriously tired of having only Magikarp and maybe one or two other pokémon to catch while fishing in nearly every pond in a game.

Super Rods don't hook Magikarps, silly human :3

Using camouflage to catch elusive pokémon. I don't mean the move, I mean actual camouflage to hide yourself in.

Being camouflaged won't equal to seeing other things camouflaged. Sweet Jesus where did that come from?

Raticate: It won't happen. It's regional rodent. Two-stage, present in every Generation?
Sandslash:Hey, Sandslash has respectable Attack and Defense. It also poses as a good threat in a sandstorm.
Won't happen. No reason, I just don't want to see one.
Rapidash: Because then you'd give it wings and make it fly. And then the complaints would pour in because Game Freak made their daughter cry because of apparent childhood ruin.
Kangaskhan: I want to see its baby-form (the one it always carrys) be its own pokémon that evolves into it.
If you happen to know about pokemon behavior, Kangaskhan is inseparable from its young. Unless you wanna be brutally murdered by a mom, it won't happen. We should really take into account the various information Game Freak gives to pokemon.
Pinsir: How is it that Pinsir went through 4 generations without get niether a pre-evolution or an evolution of any kind?
It has good Attack. And you should be asking the same to Tauros and most other pokemon.
Tauros:I rest my case.
Lapras: I don't think it needs an evolution, but I would like to see a pre-evolution.
Shellos should be shot. WOO TONGUE TWISTAH!
Qwilfish Yes. For the love of god YES.
Shuckle: How about more Hp? It's a monster of a wall, but heck, the Hp isn't really something.
Corsola Maybe.
Delibird Gimmick.
Skarmory It's been popular for being stand-alone and unique for its type. I dunno if it will.
Smeargle Useful Gimmick.
Sableye Nope. Just no.
Mawile Yes, just yes.
Plusle and Minun Double Battle gimmick.
Spinda: Gimmick.
Seviper: Hmm...a hydra...
Chimecho Most pokemon have stats which can give it another evolution to make up for it. But alas, Game Freak shunned them away from their temple. Forever useless, stat-wise.
Absol WOOO.
Luvdisc: Because it's a gimmick.

I'm not going into the 4th generation cause I think it's too soon to give them evolutions.

You should be asking the same question to Roselia when third gen was recent back then.

Mahnmut

Medic Trainer
I'd be okay with an Absol evolution if it stayed as awesome. It'd be a shame to see such a great pokemon (not really stats-wise) go.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
What I don't get most is how being a gimmick Pokémon = no evolution.

Both Cherrim and Musharna are gimmick Pokémon that have evolved.

Nacreous

Fire trainer

Capturing Ideas:

Raticate: does anyone use Raticate for anything? I think it could really benefit from having another evolution.
Sandslash: is one of my favorites, but I never use it for obvious reasons. But if it had a cool evolution maybe it could finally be worth something.
Venomoth: poor Venomoth is one favorites if only for its looks.
Persian: I've always felt that Persian needed an evolution and my mind hasn't changed.
Rapidash: Okay I don't think Rapidash needs an evolution, but I'd still like to see one. Basically we have a flaming unicorn why not step it up a notch and give us a flaming pegasus?
Farfetch'd: Do have to explain this?
Marowak
Tauros: the same opinion as Pinsir.
Sudowoodo: it has a pre-evolution but I'd still like to see a full-evolution.
Girafarig
Qwilfish
Shuckle: yes that would be a major defensive wall.
Corsola
Delibird
Skarmory
Stantler I want to see a fawn pokémon be its pre-evolution.
Smeargle
Sableye
Mawile
Plusle and Minun
Spinda: let it become a killer panda!
Altaria: doesn't need it, but I would still like it.
Seviper: have it evolve into a hydra-like pokemon. A poison/dragon type.
Chimecho it has a pre-evolution but its stats give it room for another evolution.
Absol
Luvdisc: why must it remain useless?

Sandslash is a pokemon with good stats,not amazing but good.The problem with it is that it doesn't learn anything good by lvl

Yoshifan22

not a fan?
Ok, if luvdisk gets an evolution, it better be an epic Water/Ghost type.

That combination could be quite powerful.

The only benefit I could see from a ghost/water type would be 2 decent stab moves. shadow ball and surf could be fun to use, but the 4 weaknesses it would have would be a pain. But yeah luvdisc needs an evo to get noticed

Bardische

Elegance.
Okay, just a wish.

Mantine's sprites in Generation IV games lack a Remoraid. Which is logical if you evolved your own Mantyke, and the Remoraid doesn't disappear.

Your own Mantyke-evolve Mantine will never have a Remoraid attached to it, since the Remoraid will stay in the party, therefor the sprite is correct. But the fact that they use the same sprite for even wild Mantine, well, it's just weird.

So it can be a case that a wild Mantine's sprite will have a chance of having a Remoraid on it. For aesthetic purposes. I dunno, it's just something I'd wanna see. Think of it as a Spiky-Eared pichu or something. That can still be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.