• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
What I'd like to see/what I hope:

-Desukan being Ground/Ghost (or vice versa) with the obvious move... Curse. I also hope if it doesn't have an evolution it has good stats to make up for the "assumed" low HP taken from the video.
-At least 150 new Pokemon. There doesn't have to be more, but I hope no less.
-At least a portion of evolutions for older Pokemon. (I want to see some added love for Kangaskhan and Pinsir) Sure maybe their stats -competitively are fine- but they could pull a Scizor and just redistribute stats or add typing to help said Pokemon.
-Nuzlocke rule system, download and more.
Have a system (I doubt it'd be perfect with an introduction into the fifth gen but it could be improved in the future) with the obvious rules and the option to create rules and clauses/exceptions to made up rules to make a Nuzlocke run that is impossible of being "not followed in the rules."

The only problem people have with this is "What if I want to catch ___ ?" "What if a shiny appears on a route I already caught a Pokemon on/etc." Well that's where the clause/exceptions come in to make it so you can catch them. They'd just be stored in a "Dead Box" same with "What if I fail and have to restart" you can make a clause that allows you to select Pokemon/objects/etc. for trade to another version or you could just have Nuzlocke run + (like New Game +)

On the download idea, similar to putting your save on the website with some of the new additions, you could download a specific set of Nuzlocke rules (like ____ of the day) to try a new experience in Nuzlocke. While allowing you to pass your own on to friends and whatnot.

I would hope there is no limit to rules (maybe a 50 rule max considering I run on standard Nuzlocke 39 rules with clauses and specific exceptions: keeping the standard rules unchanged.)

-Complete type chart. (Fire/Water, Fire/Grass, Dragon/Ice, etc.) Except for maybe pure Flying.-Not to start an argument on the subject of a "characteristic element"
-Egg differences. (Atlhough that video may have shown evidence of this with that Koromori egg (?)
-IV's made less luck based. Changed but still affected in the same way. Or at least shorten the total amount added to a stat to about 10 +.
-Abilities that are basically the same as Intimidate, Pure Power, etc. For Special Attack. Also, I'd like to see a Speed Boost ability for other stats. (Except for Defense (s), and Evasion.
-Changes to the Type chart (My only complaint is Poison isn't SE against Normal and Fighting. Along with a few resistance problems such as why Ice doesn't have resistance against Dragons. )
-Grass type buffs. Sure they're doing better than a few other types, but most of the time each gen a Grass type falls down to UU or progressively lowers in competitive by being outdone by a majority. (Example every Grass starter in their origin generation is like OU but by being outclassed Post origin generation they drop lower and lower.) Subseeding or not.
-Easier nature system in breeding.
-Item that levels or boosts a Pokemon to level 100. Takes at least one month to recharge. Obtained post E4.
-Buffs to bad attacks. (Rock Smash IMO should have 75-80 BP with 100% chance of def. lowering by at least one stage . Maximum of three stages to prevent brokeness)
-More ability improvements like Sturdy has recieved or added effects. (Speed Boost=1 Turn Solar Beam without Sunny Day requirement?)
-More Eeveelutions. Ground type "Terraeon." Dragon "Feybraneon." and the like.
-Removed items brought back. (Berserker Gene) + more items with more effects.
-More TM's, Move Tutors, and more. (I'd like to see 100+ TMS)
-Items to boost stats of weak Pokemon that need it. (So something like Smeargle wouldn't recieve a boost. )
-Nintendo character cameos in Battle Subway/Frontier or whatever else may be in.
-Keep Voltorb Flip (or add another similar game) but add purchasable coins back in English version/etc.
-Make Hidden Power (physical) version.
-More move combos (like Rollout + Defense Curl) --->Outside of Triples/Doubles.
-Add team _____ to the Battle Subway.
-Add costumes (maybe not customizable per se) but allow us to dress as a Trainer or past trainer (with updated costume) during the main game/etc.
Can't really think of anymore at the moment.

JD

anyone noticed the badge designs??
23209916.png

The fourth one looks like an electric bolt - an electric gym?

I wouldn't doubt it the 3rd gym kind of looks like a butterfly wing so maybe a bug type gym? Aloe's badge looks sort of like a steel beam so maybe she'll end up using steel type pokemon.

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
[My dial up is screwing up on me so I can't quote the message.]

@Heliotrope:

A Nuzlocke run is where the person playing the standard game of any version with added rules to make a "Pokemon Hard mode." However, additional rules can be added to enforce the difficulty (such as myself with the 39 I added) since the standard four rules allow people to just Grind their way to victory.

The main rules are:
1) Catch only one Pokemon in each area. (One per Route/Town, etc.) If you take say Eevee from Celadon you can't use a Rod to catch a water based Pokemon within Celadon in whichever version you play.
2) Nickname all caught Pokemon (Just to make it more memorable and distinct from each run.)
3) If a Pokemon faints it is no longer usable. You can either release it or store it in a "dead box" which means it is no longer usable.
4)Toxic (in the newer versions) if it drops a Pokemon to 1 HP and they "recover" from it outside of battle before being healed it is considered as fainted.

---

You can add rules (such as I do) in the vain of making it more challenging, the more the better. Such as:

My rule example:

1) No items may be used unless it is found within the wild. (Case exception Poke'balls)
2) Recovery moves are not allowed with exception to moves like Absorb (with limits on use.---> No grinding on Water Pokemon to restore health to full)

etc.

Mahnmut

Medic Trainer
is this real?

filb usually does not post fake stuff that i remember.

http://www.filb.de/1383

sorry i guess i should go back a few pages and see

Nope not real

about the fourth gym, it's pretty much sure it will be electric (the rollercoaster gym)

And Zekrom/Reshiram's types aren't that random. They seem to have to do something with the atmosphere and they both represent a form of energy.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
So those starters may be real?'___'No Water/Fighting?T__TWhat typing can an unicornish otter have?maybe Water/Psychic?
So Grass/Dragon
Fire/Dark
Water/Psychic

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Wait, what was said about the starters exactly? Sorry, I wouldn't ask but my dial up is horrible. I keep getting an "error" screen when I try and back out or post outside of quick reply.

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^
Jeez... I dunno what to believe anymore.

How reliable is this Pokexperto site?

Where on the site does it say they may be real?

Also you may want to add a new Pokemon to that list of yours, one was revealed in a Pokemon Musical screenshot today^_^

Sabonea_Masukippa

Jeez... I dunno what to believe anymore.

How reliable is this Pokexperto site?

I believe they may have scooped Joe for the English names during the international release of DP. Other than that I don't know...

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Where on the site does it say they may be real?

Also you may want to add a new Pokemon to that list of yours, one was revealed in a Pokemon Musical screenshot today^_^

I wasn't sure if I should or not... it's all covered up by musical accessories, so for all we know it could be a previous one. Although I could put a "?" I suppose. Argh, how I hate the damned ?'s.

EDIT: Hm... Yes, I suppose you're right. Gimme a minute.
EDIT2: Ok, got it. Geez, it's getting big. Not streching anyone's screen is it? xD

Last edited:

rocky505

You could shrink the images of the pokemon smaller but that would take a while. The smiley face better be a musical decoration thing or that is one lame looking pokemon.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
There's a possibility. But the website claiming they are real may be BSing.

It's a waiting game, unfortunetly

This is getting a bit ridiculous. Thankfully, I love those starters, for the most part, so I'm good if they're real, and if they're not, the real ones will probably be good too.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
You could shrink the images of the pokemon smaller but that would take a while. The smiley face better be a musical decoration thing or that is one lame looking pokemon.

I've actually considered that. Right now each one is 60x60 but I'd thought about switching it to 40x40. But every time I think about doing that, I say "Meh, there will probably only be a few more before release." I just never expected there to be this many. O_O

But right now it's at 12 Pokemon wide, which is 720 pixels. I won't go any wider than that, for fear of making that annoying effect where the browser window stretches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.