• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
holy shiz... Ive been gone from serebii too long... eh cant be helped. I wonder if pokemon still follow you, maybe now there is a turn of and on option now. I remeber how everything in HGSS that I didnt like in the spoilers in scans turned out to be things I really liked when I actually played the game, *full rant about crappy fanbases coming up*

HERLS

LOLOLOL
Since we're all contributing, I've got a little pet idea for how the overworld of Pokemon Black and White should play out. Specifically, I think Pokemon themselves should be more prominent on the overworld - you'd be able to see Pokemon in the wild before you battle them, HM's would be more useful, the follow feature would return and so on. As some example pictures, here's some concept shots I made a while back for a Pokemon RBY fangame I was going to make:

PKMN151.jpg

The first picture best shows what I'm talking about. Instead of random battles, you'd actually see Pokemon on the field, some of which would actively pursue you and some of which would be shyer, making them harder to catch. They would primarily stay in the grass as before, but some Pokemon would make a stand and move onto flat land, and some Pokemon would hide in trees, swooping out when appropriate. Pokemon would of course be able to follow you when you've caught them.

Second picture shows how I think surfing should work. Firstly, you should be able to see the Pokemon you're surfing on, not just some blue thing. Secondly I thought it would be a nice touch if you could sort of "see" underwater Pokemon moving around. Mostly Tentacools and such, but deeper down, you'd also see schools of Goldeen and Remoraid, as well as rarer water Pokemon, which you wouldn't be able to reach unless you fished for them.

In the third picture you can again see the whole "Pokemon on the overworld" aspect. If you were to touch one of those Digletts, or the Digletts were to touch you, you'd fight them ala Paper Mario. Obviously wild Pokemon would be fast and move tactically though, so it still wouldn't be easy to walk through grass or a cave without any wild encounters. Also to note in this picture is the fact that two of the Digletts are facing each other, one being a shiny. I thought it'd be good if wild Pokemon "interacted" in a basic way, and I also thought it would be awesome to see shiny Pokemon in the wild before battling them, although they'd be crafty and try running away from the trainer.

Finally, a more experimental idea. In the shot you can clearly see Red and Erika riding on a Parasect and a Venusaur. The basic idea here was "what if you could ride your Pokemon?". We already have the bike, but I imagined it would be appropriate if you could also actually "ride" certain Pokemon (mostly fully evolved ones, fast ones and ones that are built for it i.e. Ponyta). There could even be races too. Not just that, there could be other uses for Pokemon on the field too, more than just breaking rocks and climbing waterfalls. What if, when in tall grass, your follower Pokemon could actually go off on it's own and "hunt" rarer Pokemon and corner them for you? Or what if there were Pokeathlon-esque events that took place on the overworld?

And the thing is, these things wouldn't even be hard to do. It's just taking existing Pokemon overworld sprites (and making new ones for the new Pokemon), and giving them basic AI sets. Certain franchises allowed us to "see" random encounter RPG enemies as early as Adventure Of Link and Earthbound. Putting a handful of Pokemon shadows underwater is not much harder than implementing random battles, allowing us to see shinies on the field would only be a good thing, partner Pokemon were already in HGSS and being able to allow us to do things like "riding" Pokemon would be no harder than implementing the bicycle. But these little things would help make the Pokemon would feel more real and less artificial. That and finally granting us diagonal movement and proper animation in battles.

One other thing; I'd definately like to see the PC implemented in a Pokemon Ranch style, with an option to see your box 'Mon frolicking with one another and interacting.

GreenGrass

I'd like to see more specific battle animations, like in the 3D series, but with sprites. I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for moves that make contact to actually make contact.

I doubt they'll ever have Pokemon roaming around in the overworld because of the way that the game generates Pokemon encounters. If they did have Pokemon wandering around like that, it would just be for decoration.

Duality Ninja

LOLWUT IM PR0ZORZ
They can't change the starter types cuz they already have the abilities that only starters have[Overgrow,Blaze & Torrent] & that only make sence on Grass,Fire & Water types.They should just add more interesting second types like Fire/Ghost or Grass/Electric

As much as I agree that they won't change the typing, you're logic is full of gaps. Just because blaze/overgrow/torrent exist, doesn't mean that if a starter doesn't use them other pokemon will. Chances are, if in the low possibility that they change the typing up, new abilities will be introduced.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
I'd like to see more specific battle animations, like in the 3D series, but with sprites. I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for moves that make contact to actually make contact.

I doubt they'll ever have Pokemon roaming around in the overworld because of the way that the game generates Pokemon encounters. If they did have Pokemon wandering around like that, it would just be for decoration.

Except they could easily change the way random Pokemon are generated, so they're generated on the field before battle. It would mean making changes to things like the methods of obtaining shinies and Feebas', but it wouldn't exactly be tampering with the core fundamentals of Pokemon. Every other game changes the encounter ratios anyway, it's not like I'm suggesting they let us control the Pokemon in battle, have 3v3 battles or have any more than 6 Pokemon in a team per time. Those are the truly unlikely suggestions.

From what I've seen, Pokemon Ranger already has riding Pokemon, following Pokemon, visible wild Pokemon, decent animation and multi-directional movement. Zelda II, Earthbound and Mario RPG have had overworld enemies since the stone age, and Heartgold and Soulsilver took some big steps in making your Pokemon feel more natural. Question is, is Gamefreak too lazy to implement these features in the main series?

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
I think people need to be more realistic when they're asking for evolutions 9_9 seriously, Gyarados?

Why does Gyarados need an evolution? For starters, Gyarados is already a very powerful top-tier OU pokemon that many teams have trouble dealing with. Evolving it would only add to it's already incredible stats, and making it a dragon/water type int he process would remove it's one achille's heel, the weakness to electricity. That's basically the only thing stopping it from being overpowered right now.

Also, if you made gyarados a water/dragon, then it would render Kingrda obsolete.

Think about stuff like this. Game balance is important.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Every other game changes the encounter ratios anyway, it's not like I'm suggesting they let us control the Pokemon in battle, have 3v3 battles or have any more than 6 Pokemon in a team per time. Those are the truly unlikely suggestions.

Changing the way encounters work is more unrealistic than you'd think. Pokemon has functioned the same for it's whole life, for the most part, expecting anything to change so drastically is unrealistic.

I think people need to be more realistic when they're asking for evolutions 9_9 seriously, Gyarados?

When did someone ask for a Gyarados evolution? I missed that one...

syclone

the crazy guy
how bout an asian dragon for the dragon pokemon of the region

Grei

not the color
Pokemon_fifth_gen_Morteon_by_shinyscyther.jpg

I want this.

I second that. A Ghost-type Eeveelution. Hey, what if it broke the mold and it was Ghost-Normal? That'd be neat--Ghost and Normal attacks wouldn't be able to hit it.

Additionally, I'd love it if all of PokePages' Fakemon were real. He has others that are also awesome but they aren't posted on his deviantART.

Last edited:

JD

Evolutions
Jynx and Mr.Mime
Pinsir
Volbeat and Illumise
Dunsparce and Qwilfish
Bannete
Buneary(Male)
New Eeveeloution
Electrode( One stat could drop and the other one Raise like Scizor)
Torkoal

Pre Evolutions
Lapras
Tropius
Volbeat and Illumise
Pinsir and Heracross
Plusle and Minun
Kecleon
Buizel
So 21 Of the New pokemon would be Evo's and Pre Evo's thats a just a speculation of mine.

Wishlist
- Dive to Return.
- New Key Item Fog Goggles so you could see through Fog and the Desert.
- Defog would be made and Tm until you get Fog Goggles
- Your Pokemon to follow you HGSS Style.
- Gym Leader and E4 Rematches.
- Contest and Pokethlon.

Blazenuva

You know what would be extremely cool? Dual-type Eevee evolutions.

A Magma Eevee (Fire/Earth)
A Storm Eevee (Water/Electric)
A Jungle Eevee (Grass/Poison)

Those could introduce a bunch of new ideas.

Grei

not the color
You know what would be extremely cool? Dual-type Eevee evolutions.

A Magma Eevee (Fire/Earth)
A Storm Eevee (Water/Electric)
A Jungle Eevee (Grass/Poison)

Those could introduce a bunch of new ideas.

They'd be too similar to the already-existing Eeveelutions. I could see them as possible evolutions to Flareon, Vaporeon, and Leafeon, but that would be further into the future when they've run out of elements.

Evolutions
Jynx and Mr.Mime Sure, why not?
Pinsir Yeah, maybe. If Pinsir got one, Heracross should too, I think.
Volbeat and Illumise Naw. Let them be standalones.
Dunsparce and Qwilfish Same as above.
Bannete YES. Maybe this one can be useful and put Banette on-par with Dusclops/Dusknoir.
Buneary(Male) Again, why not?
New Eeveeloution Yes! The Ghost-Type fakemon that was posted above would be neat.
Electrode( One stat could drop and the other one Raise like Scizor) Eh... no. Voltorb and Electrode are neat because they're like the PokeBall. What more can they do? Put the Pokeball on it's side?
Torkoal Yes. I want this more than any other.

Pre Evolutions
Lapras I've wanted this for a while now. I was somewhat disappointed that Shellos was not the pre-evo.
Tropius Sure.
Volbeat and Illumise No. Again, keep them as useless standalones.
Pinsir and Heracross A shared baby form would be cool, if it added something to the two.
Plusle and Minun Why? They're already small enough. Keep them standalones.
Kecleon No. Keckleon's ability makes it useless and unless it's ability was changed to something more useful an evolution would be equally as useless.
Buizel Buizel is, like Plusle and Minun, already small. A Buizel pre-evo would be tiny.
So 21 Of the New pokemon would be Evo's and Pre Evo's thats a just a speculation of mine. Not a bad number, I just think some of the evos and pre-evos could belong to other Pokemon than the ones you chose.

Wishlist
- Dive to Return. What?
- New Key Item Fog Goggles so you could see through Fog and the Desert. Erm... I dunno.
- Defog would be made and Tm until you get Fog Goggles What? Are you suggesting that Defog be changed from an HM to a TM mid-game? And anyway, Defog is useless enough, no need to render it even more useless.
- Your Pokemon to follow you HGSS Style. Yes please.
- Gym Leader and E4 Rematches. We already have this?
- Contest and Pokethlon. I'd like both if Contests were improved and some new events were added to the Pokethlon. Even more if the two were integrated (separately) into the storyline.

Comments in bold.

Ghost Normal would be an interesting type indeed. It'd be immune to Fighting as well.

It's probably the only dual-type Eeveelution I'd like. Ghost/Normal would be neat, I think. Dark would be its only weakness.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I don't think they would bring in the concept of dual-type Eevee's, not unless first they cover all the remaining types.
Pokemon_fifth_gen_Morteon_by_shinyscyther.jpg

I want this.
The art is pretty good, and if there is a Ghost type Eevee ever it would probably look like that except for the bones of course.
Evolutions
Electrode( One stat could drop and the other one Raise like Scizor)
I have a question about this, how would its evolution look like in the first place. It & it pre-evolution both look like balls & the only difference they have is that the evolved one has a bit different colour & is bigger in size.

Wish-list:-
- Pokemon egg should have different colours schemes (instead of giving each pokemons egg different colour, they can make the colour based on the egg groups).
- Addition of Diving areas & increasing the amount of places to dive in & catch pokemon. The diving scenario should be similar to how it is in the ranger games.
- Including of desert areas & a desert town/village, like it was how for the snow-route & Snowpoint city (we only had a proper desert in the RSE games & that too wasn't that great).
- Including new whether conditions like strong wind (windstorm type), Acid Rains (near industrialized cities)
- Stronger levels of gym leaders especially the first gym which is always a bit too low on the levels.
- more rematches with gym leaders & other trainers who have more stronger pokemons.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
I just had an idea - what if, for an Electrode evolution, it would take the form and colour of the Pokeball it has been caught in? So, you catch a Voltorb in an Ultra Ball, evolve it into Electrode, evolve Electrode into it's new evo and it would be an even bigger Pokemon, radiating elecricity and with a black/yellow colour scheme. Each form would be little more than a palette swap, but they could all have notable stat and moveset changes. It would be particularly hilarious if there was a almost pseudo-legendary forme of Electrode's evolution, but the only way to get it would be if it was in a Master Ball when it evolved. It would be a complete waste of a Master Ball, and yet some people would catch it in one anyway for collections sake.

So yeah. I'm not advocating an Electrode evolution, like one of the above posters was, but there's certainly juice left in the "Pokemon that looks like a Pokeball" idea, especially since the whole Forme concept has become more and more prominent since the beginning of the third generation. An Electrode-evo in a Lure Ball (however difficult that would be to catch) would be better at physical moves and learn the odd water move, one in a heal ball would be pink and able to be taught Blissey-esque healing moves, and hell, there could be an event where you get a Voltorb in a Cherish Ball, which evolved into it's final stage would be a Cherish-forme Electrode-evo, obtainable only from the event Voltorb.

Actually, the idea's starting to grow on me. Maybe not for Voltorb/Electrode, but certainly I'd like a Pokemon with formes that are chosen based on the ball it is held in.

Blazenuva

Nah, the pokeball catching Electrode idea would never work, But it does need an evolution. Heck, if they made an Electrode evolution that looked like a luxaryball, I'd be game for it.

Jonah Man

Snorlax Trainer
Qwuilfish needs to evolve. victory road is getting SUPER old. I love the Victory jungle idea, tauros and pincir need an evolved form, the basic bird should be a hummingbird. I think light type is a cool idea, but what would light type be good against? I think there are too many legendaries, but maybe instead of 10 new ones, HGSS was cool because they added legendaries from earlier gens. the only annoying thing was that groudon and kyogre were in HGSS. I'm talking latias and latios. more stuff like that (maybe cresselia and darkrai roaming post game?) would be cool. Seviper, zangoose, and pachirisu need some evolutions, this needs to be harder, and logic puzzles and ghostly happenings like disappearing people and pokemon, Team X should steal some of your pokemon, and Orange islands should be available post game. also, pokemon following you was a HUGE step forward. they should continue that. There should be a polar bear pokemon, who is ice and fighting type. it should have high attack, Hp, and defense, with an ability that makes it faster in hail condition. it would have low special attack.

Grei

not the color
Nah, the pokeball catching Electrode idea would never work, But it does need an evolution. Heck, if they made an Electrode evolution that looked like a luxaryball, I'd be game for it.

I disagree. Electrode is done, it doesn't need anything. Maybe that's just me, since I dislike Electrode, but I don't think Electrode needs another evolution that's Pokeball-based. Again, what else can they do? Make an evolution for each type of Ball? Turn a PokeBall on it's side?

I'd prefer a Baby form of Voltorb (one that is literally Pokeball-sized) than an evolution for Electrode. And even then, I'd prefer that nothing be added than a baby form.

Status
Not open for further replies.