• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Proven? You can't prove anything without proof. Show me evidence!

He did, or did you skip that part?

And Arceous techinically is God, he CREATED Pokemon, that's how our God is, he CREATED us, so just because God created that means he technically isn't a God?

Why you're bringing religion into this equation is beyond me. Juts because on creates another does not mean that they are a God. Humans create other humans, are we all Gods?

Besides that fact Arceus is only a deity in the Sinnoh region's mythology, as stated previously. That has no bearing in any other region.

What youre saying completely is ungodly and many peoplw ith different religions will flame you for good! Please tell me you have a better explanation...?

Just because your religious views prevent you from looking at it any other way does not mean his point is invalid. Religion has no place in this discussion and everyone else will be intelligent enough to see that.

Sorry for double post, the loading times are HORENDOUS

First you double post, then instead of deleting the second post you triple post. Yeah, makes sense.

Actually I don't really want the rival's Pokemons' levels to go past the late 80's. Just me. I would, however, like to see the Champion level up to about 95.

Well they were in the low-mid 80s this time around, so they'll probably go at least that far. I do think the elite Four should level up at least twice, the first after you beat them and the next after you beat them 20 more times or so? Something like that.

Last edited:

Wraithwin

Dark Trainer
Good ideas all around.. here's some of my thoughts..

Well, when I think normal I think they lack a definable side-type.
The two exceptions are Girafarig (Normal/Psychic) and Bibarel (Normal/Water).
I mean - why not just Psychic or Water? I have no idea why they did it. (shrug)
The redundant semi-exception is Normal/Flying, but that makes sense I guess.

I'd like a Weavile evolution for no other reason than I've been a fan of Sneasle since it first appeared. Used one since the day I first found one. I don't expect to see an evolution (it could be too powerful) but part of me wants one while part of me fears it would look dumb. When they first released the pic of Zoroark without the companion "Zorua" pre-evolution, part of me jumped to think; "Weavile's getting an Evo?" - But I'm kinda glad I was wrong. If Zoroark is sweet, might replace my Absol... Heh

When I said a Dark/Steel being volcano and all that, I was trying to think of mixing the darkness of night with the concept of molten metal - Nickel and Iron often being very abundant in magma flows. :)

The more I think about the idea of an Absol split-evo the more I want it in Black/White.
Perhaps a Yin-focused one and a Yang-focused one, considering that already plays a part in what Absol is and how it looks. I don't entirely expect it, but it does seem like a pretty straight-forward pickup for them in B&W to work with what they already have.

I'm totally cool with Zoroark being pure dark. Loves me my dark types.

Someone had a pic in their sig of a Jynx evolution called "Princice" or something like that.
I actully totally support that despite my deep-rooted hatred of Jynx. It looks cute, it can bring it up to par with Magmar and Electabuz, and it's not nearly as creepy as Jynx. Not to mention it sheds the blatant racial implications. o_O;; (I still can't believe they did that... LOL)

All these Pre-evolutions and Neo-Evolutions...
As a fan of Pokemon, every one of them sounds neat, but I don't want 95% of them.
I'd rather have a dozen or so alternate Neo-Evolutions and lots of new ones.

The idea of suddenly adding a "Baby Evolution" bugs the hell out of me.
With how long the creature existed, with how many times it's been bred, it's just too weird.
"Hey look! They DO have babies!"
"So what you're telling me, is that until now, they've been giving birth to Adults?"
"I guess... Huh. Wait, is that even possible? Hey, where are you going?"
"I've had enough of this insanely impossible world. I'm going to take a bath with our Electrode."

More than anything, I'm just very eager to see new critters.
Still big on a few mixes though, especially: Dark/Steel, Dark/Fighting, Dark/Psychic and Dragon/Poison.

Rampaging Rodent

The other white meat

The idea of suddenly adding a "Baby Evolution" bugs the hell out of me.
With how long the creature existed, with how many times it's been bred, it's just too weird.
"Hey look! They DO have babies!"
"So what you're telling me, is that until now, they've been giving birth to Adults?"
"I guess... Huh. Wait, is that even possible? Hey, where are you going?"
That is the reason that they make some kind of mechanic in the game that made it impossible to be obtained in the previous generation (incenses). The only reason that the new pre-evoltuions in genII didn't have a special way of obtaining (other than breeding) is because breeding wasn't in the first gen. That's how it always is when they add a new pokemon to an evolution chain. ;476;;360;;230;;298;:172bros:

Blazenuva

I want the grass starter to LOOK like a dragon (think Charizard). Don't make it a dragon type, but give it dragonistic features.

Arceus is only God to those of Sinnoh. For all we know, this new region can have its own pokemon that is "God".

hitoshura0

Arceus is only God to those of Sinnoh. For all we know, this new region can have its own pokemon that is "God".

Even then, he is only a creation diety. Not god. Sinnoh "religion" is polythesic, not monothesic. Think Izanagi or Quetzacoatl when talking about Arceus's creation diety status, not YHVH.

Rampaging Rodent

The other white meat
I just had an epiphany! What if that cave with the levitating stones will be the replacement for Mt.Coronet! I mean, it could be the new place for Magneton and Nosepass to evolve into Magnezone and Probopass! There was electricity in that cave, and Probopass + Magnezone use electro-magnetism!

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I just had an epiphany! What if that cave with the levitating stones will be the replacement for Mt.Coronet! I mean, it could be the new place for Magneton and Nosepass to evolve into Magnezone and Probopass! There was electricity in that cave, and Probopass + Magnezone use electro-magnetism!

Interesting idea. It's entirely possible.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
A Victory Road WITHOUT rocks/boulders, I am sick of finding my HM slave.

Ghost Eeveelution Spectreon and the Spectral Stone that goes with it plus new Ghost types.

Some Pokemon that could acquire evolutions:

Pinsir could do with a Bug/Dark evolution
Heracross could have one too, only keeping its Bug/Fighting combo
Corsala
Quilfish into a larger Pufferfish

Pokemon that might need Prevos:
Kangaskan's baby
Ever thought of a baby Aerodactyl?
Absol puppy perhaps?

Last edited:

Josiah

is your favorite
Because it would bump them up from "totally worthless" to "downright usable".

It will be endlessly amusing, though, if it turns out there are a lot of evolutions and then everyone complains because "OMG TOO MANY EVOS >:O"
I won't complain too much, I just won't be too pleased. I'd rather have a bunch of new families.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Well, when I think normal I think they lack a definable side-type.
The two exceptions are Girafarig (Normal/Psychic) and Bibarel (Normal/Water).
I mean - why not just Psychic or Water? I have no idea why they did it. (shrug)
The redundant semi-exception is Normal/Flying, but that makes sense I guess.

Ah yes I see. Makes sense.

I'd like a Weavile evolution for no other reason than I've been a fan of Sneasle since it first appeared. Used one since the day I first found one. I don't expect to see an evolution (it could be too powerful) but part of me wants one while part of me fears it would look dumb. When they first released the pic of Zoroark without the companion "Zorua" pre-evolution, part of me jumped to think; "Weavile's getting an Evo?" - But I'm kinda glad I was wrong. If Zoroark is sweet, might replace my Absol... Heh

I don't blame you for wanting another Evo for your favorite pokemon. I'd love another Tyranitar evo if that where at all possible, but its not.

When I said a Dark/Steel being volcano and all that, I was trying to think of mixing the darkness of night with the concept of molten metal - Nickel and Iron often being very abundant in magma flows. :)

Ah I get you. I think more ground/fire when I think Volcanoes however.

The more I think about the idea of an Absol split-evo the more I want it in Black/White.
Perhaps a Yin-focused one and a Yang-focused one, considering that already plays a part in what Absol is and how it looks. I don't entirely expect it, but it does seem like a pretty straight-forward pickup for them in B&W to work with what they already have.

I'd love to see some absol evolutions. He is definitely well deserving of some.

I'm totally cool with Zoroark being pure dark. Loves me my dark types.
As do I. Hence the siggie..:)

Someone had a pic in their sig of a Jynx evolution called "Princice" or something like that.
I actully totally support that despite my deep-rooted hatred of Jynx. It looks cute, it can bring it up to par with Magmar and Electabuz, and it's not nearly as creepy as Jynx. Not to mention it sheds the blatant racial implications. o_O;; (I still can't believe they did that... LOL)

Yeah that's a sprite based on fanart that someone did. Wish I could find the site that had them all. Some cool ideas there.

More than anything, I'm just very eager to see new critters.
Still big on a few mixes though, especially: Dark/Steel, Dark/Fighting, Dark/Psychic and Dragon/Poison.

Would love to see more dark types. :)

Slavko

Swampert FTW
Looked back, still can't find it, show me please

Why you're bringing religion into this equation is beyond me.
I'm bringing religion to this as example
Juts because on creates another does not mean that they are a God. Humans create other humans, are we all Gods?
There is big difference between creating and reproducing, God is the ultimate creator, like Arceus created ALL pokemon, making him GOD of Pokemon

Besides that fact Arceus is only a deity in the Sinnoh region's mythology, as stated previously. That has no bearing in any other region.
So what youre saying is that Arceus could actually not be a God but just a Sinnoh myth kind of like Greek mythology? It was all true in the movie though

Just because your religious views prevent you from looking at it any other way does not mean his point is invalid. Religion has no place in this discussion and everyone else will be intelligent enough to see that.
When were talking about "Gods", "Mythology", or whatever, religion makes perfect sense in discussion

First you double post, then instead of deleting the second post you triple post. Yeah, makes sense.
That was my bad, I'm sorry

Well they were in the low-mid 80s this time around, so they'll probably go at least that far. I do think the elite Four should level up at least twice, the first after you beat them and the next after you beat them 20 more times or so? Something like that.
Agreed

Bolded...........

Slavko

Swampert FTW

Why you're bringing religion into this equation is beyond me.
Juts because on creates another does not mean that they are a God. Humans create other humans, are we all Gods?
There is big difference between creating and reproducing, God is the ultimate creator, like Arceus created ALL pokemon, making him GOD of Pokemon

So what youre saying is that Arceus could actually not be a God but just a Sinnoh myth kind of like Greek mythology? It was all true in the movie though

When were talking about "Gods", "Mythology", or whatever, religion makes perfect sense in discussion

That was my bad, I'm sorry

Agreed

Bolded...........

SeamYo

Prepos'trus

Wow!!! That is pure genius! Has that name been around for a while? because I have never heard of it, but I LOVE it... I really do hope they give farfetched an awesome evolution with killer stats to back it up

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Slavko said:

The whole paragraph, where he explained why Arceus wasn't as powerful as other Pokemon?

But why? This is a game, it has no bearing on real life and real life should have no bearing on it.

Funny that, nowhere does it say it created all the Pokemon...

Movies are non canonical, in the games Arceus is Sinnoh mythology.

No, it doesn't. Again, this is a video game.

Slavko

Swampert FTW
But without real life examples such as Greek mythology there wouldn't be any video game mythology, you know what I'm sayin'? Also that paragraph that you call "proof" doesn't make sense to me

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
But without real life examples such as Greek mythology there wouldn't be any video game mythology, you know what I'm sayin'? Also that paragraph that you call "proof" doesn't make sense to me

It's all about relevance. Pokemon is not about religion, this specific Pokemon is not mentioned to be a God and is only said to be part of mythology. Yes without real life things as a base such scenarios wouldn't exist in the first place, but this particular scenario really has nothing to do with any real life equivalent other than the concept of Mythology.

I don't understand how that paragraph didn't make sense. Arceus' stats are not higher than other Pokemon's stats. It has the highest total base stats, but there are plenty of Pokemon with higher base stats in one or two stats than Arceus has.

Last edited:
How about giving Octillery a third evolution based on a Squid?

How about giving us a new type that just resist Dragon types really well? It doesn't need to be able to hit em hard, just resist.

We got some legitimately powerful bug types in the last gen, but most still feel pretty useless. Fixing that would be nice.

I'd like to see some of the 4th gen rivals make it over too. Seeing Barry again would be fantastic.

Calm PokeMaster

Octillery's evo line is already weird enough.Who has ever heard of a fish turning into an octopus?

I really dont think they will have new types,17 is enough.We have steel types to resist dragon.

I wish they would give a new hm,possibly a new method of transport.i also hope they can make fly possible to even routes,not poke centres only.

Status
Not open for further replies.