• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenGrass

kanto: sooooo whatever...even kanto has waaay lower lvls than dp/plat battle zone and seriously, a phone...vs seeker>phone also it sounds really annoying to have to constantly change the time on your ds every time u want a hi-lvl battle i prefer the battleground. about the salamence thing, dragonite is almost totally inferior to salamence that's why i mentioned it anyway yanmega is in regional dex, why not sala. and even after levelups hgss e4 are lower lvl than plat e4. i also prefer multitype champ such as cynthia. how i know all this about hgss is pokearth btw.

But Salamence and Dragonite have the same base stat total, and almost identical base stats. On top of that, Dragonite learns more moves by level-up and TM than Salamence. And in my personal opinion, Salamence just looks like a conglomerate monster that they tried too hard on.

HG/SS HAS a battleground, which you don't get experience from, like in the other games. However, D/P/Pt has nothing analagous to gym leader rematches. And you don't have to change the time on your DS--you can just wait for a couple of hours. Changing the time on your DS is what you do when you're in a hurry. In addition, the average level for the Elite Four is about the same in both the Sinnoh and Johto games.

And not only is Yanmega in the regional dex because it's related to a Generation II Pokemon, it's also related in a way that makes it difficult not to trigger an evolution. So, for example, Togekiss is not included, because there are no Shiny Stones in-game. But Yanmega and Mamoswine are, because they evolve by moves they learn naturally. Salamence would make absoluuuutely no sense.

And how can you say they're the worst game in the series when they're remakes?

Firebrand

Indomitable
kanto: sooooo whatever...even kanto has waaay lower lvls than dp/plat battle zone and seriously, a phone...vs seeker>phone also it sounds really annoying to have to constantly change the time on your ds every time u want a hi-lvl battle i prefer the battleground. about the salamence thing, dragonite is almost totally inferior to salamence that's why i mentioned it anyway yanmega is in regional dex, why not sala. and even after levelups hgss e4 are lower lvl than plat e4. i also prefer multitype champ such as cynthia. how i know all this about hgss is pokearth btw.
There is so much wrong with this post. Play the games, and then we will talk, okay? Let's not get on the verge of another spam war here, syclone.

Rampaging Rodent

The other white meat
I have a wonderful wish, how about type combos that make starters' types normal effectiveness against the other starter that they would normally be weak against. Since most people probably won't understand what I just dictated, I will illustrate my idea through a chart.

Water Starter= Water-Ice
Fire Starter= Fire-Ground
Grass Starter= Grass-Rock
Of course, these types would just be examples of a starter trio that would nullify the rock-paper-scissors combo that they've been using since '96.

I don't want to make a spam post, so I'll fit this in to this post, as it is vaguely related: I am a firm supporter of keeping the same Fire/Water/Grass starters. I just want to change the starters' secondary typings.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
Hope in the Game :
-Pokemon be able to follow us return.
-Battle Animation Trainer sprites return.
-I'm kinda bored with the first encounter of wild Pokemon and use the starter. I want a better story for the first starter use. like maybe the professor is about to move to other town or city with a Bus or something and then the starter Pokemon fall down to the street. while the main character and the Rival take a walk together and found it. While the prof head to other town or city, the main character and rival choose one of them and use it to reach the prof. pretty good huh?

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Hope in the Game :
-Pokemon be able to follow us return.
-Battle Animation Trainer sprites return.
-I'm kinda bored with the first encounter of wild Pokemon and use the starter. I want a better story for the first starter use. like maybe the professor is about to move to other town or city with a Bus or something and then the starter Pokemon fall down to the street. while the main character and the Rival take a walk together and found it. While the prof head to other town or city, the main character and rival choose one of them and use it to reach the prof. pretty good huh?

good idea! How about, with the starters, like what you said, but the rival claims all 3, and you gotta fight for it, so you offer a battle, the rival makes YOU choose first so he picks the one with the advantage~

Bank$

How about, with the starters, like what you said, but the rival claims all 3, and you gotta fight for it, so you offer a battle, the rival makes YOU choose first so he picks the one with the advantage~

I like that.

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
good idea! How about, with the starters, like what you said, but the rival claims all 3, and you gotta fight for it, so you offer a battle, the rival makes YOU choose first so he picks the one with the advantage~

Yeah! I mean like that! I kinda like your idea!

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
of course though, that will be taking us back to Silver, then again, he was AWESOME!

Last edited:

.::Red_kun::.

I want...A wide open big plains route...and...Key Item like Poke Gear...
...hm...that's all...

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
I have a wonderful wish, how about type combos that make starters' types normal effectiveness against the other starter that they would normally be weak against. Since most people probably won't understand what I just dictated, I will illustrate my idea through a chart.

Water Starter= Water-Ice
Fire Starter= Fire-Ground
Grass Starter= Grass-Rock
Of course, these types would just be examples of a starter trio that would nullify the rock-paper-scissors combo that they've been using since '96.

That's a rather interesting idea. Kinda taking another step from what D/P did?
So, if I get this straight, the idea is that the water starter ends up taking neutral damage from fire, the fire one takes neutral damage from grass and the grass one takes neutral damage from water? The one problem I see is when going backwards; The water one takes x2 damage from grass, the fire one takes x4 damage from water, and the grass one takes x1 damage from fire.

Also, I do like the idea of those types. While we have many Ice/Water types, we don't have a single one with visible ice. I'd like to see a rather watery starter with claws and such made out of ice if they went with those types. For Fire/Ground, what could be more suiting than a volcano pokemon? As for Grass/Rock... lichen? Could work.

Gah, a pox on you. Now you've got me hyped up hoping they make these the types of the new starters. XD

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Empoleon took neutral damage from Fire, but that's all they did for Gen 4,

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
Oh how I yearn for that mawile evolution... I wonder what the next pokemon revealed will be? I'm betting on a new prevo. I'm hoping there's not gonna be a sycther prevo, that would be extremely useless. But I do want prevos like chingling and budew; they actually help you get a pokemon earlier on in the game. Speaking of chingling, chimecho needs an evolution as well. Psychic/Ghost type anyone? :)

Question- You say a pre evo. for scyther would be useless yet you say baby pokemon such as chingling and budew aren't, as they are useful in getting good pokemon earlier in the game? Isn't that a contradiction of sorts?
Scyther is a great pokemon, and I, along with others (I am sure) would love to get our hands on one earlier in the game.

In my opinion, if any pre evo. was pointless it would be chingling.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
No pre-evo is pointless. What people never seem to realize is that pre-evo's allow pokemon to have moves they normally couldn't learn.

Go to snorlax's page on the main site, and scroll down to pre-evolution moves. You wouldn't believe the sheer number of them...

James62

Rangers lead the way
Oh how I yearn for that mawile evolution... I wonder what the next pokemon revealed will be? I'm betting on a new prevo. I'm hoping there's not gonna be a sycther prevo, that would be extremely useless. But I do want prevos like chingling and budew; they actually help you get a pokemon earlier on in the game. Speaking of chingling, chimecho needs an evolution as well. Psychic/Ghost type anyone? :)

A Mawile evolution would be great. But not only for Mawile, I think that other 3rd generation Pokemon should get a evolution as well. Like Chimecho, Sableye, Kecleon, Zangoose etc.

andrew517

DigitalDerpGaming
Okay, is there a way for me toE-mail my ideas to GameFreak.
I have alot of good ideas and i love love to see them in the next game.
Here are some Examples:
Baby Skarmory
Pinser Evo
I have sonme pretty cool sketches of some starters.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
^ that's exactly what I wanna do too!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Okay, is there a way for me toE-mail my ideas to GameFreak.

^ that's exactly what I wanna do too!

Even if Gamefreak did listen to your suggestions they wouldn't make it into Black and White. Those games are damned near done by now. This would be the big testing phase, if anything new was added we'd be seeing something like the Mew glitch from R/G/B.

Last edited:

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
A Evil gang like Team Rocket in Pokemon Yellow. Jessy James And Meowth. like in the Mt Moon. The Real Team Rocket that wants to battle with you. with a Meowth Arbok and a Weezing.

but you know what i mean. it was funny to see them in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.