• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
no more waters! lol

Unfortunately there will most def. be more water pokemon in this generation. It is unescapable. Based on the numbers below we can guess there to be about twenty something new water pokemon

***these numbers exclude the water starter and its evo.***
kanto-27 new water pokemon
johto-16 new water pokemon
hoenn-26 new water pokemon
sinnoh-10 new water pokemon

strangly it seems that every other generation has a large amount of water pokemon introduced, so if this pattern follows, we should be seeing a large amount of new water pokemon.

oops-I just realized I somehow miscounted the pokemon. When these numbers are added to the starters (12) I should get 92, but you actually get 91. Seems I missed a water pokemon. Oh well, you get the idea.

Last edited:

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Unfortunately there will most def. be more water pokemon in this generation. It is unescapable. Based on the numbers below we can guess there to be about twenty something new water pokemon

***these numbers exclude the water starter and its evo.***
kanto-27 new water pokemon
johto-16 new water pokemon
hoenn-26 new water pokemon
sinnoh-10 new water pokemon

strangly it seems that every other generation has a large amount of water pokemon introduced, so if this pattern follows, we should be seeing a large amount of new water pokemon.

I don't mind that, Water-Types were always my favorite. But I do hope they show Fire-Types a little more love this time around, they weren't treated very well in Gen 4.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
I don't mind that, Water-Types were always my favorite. But I do hope they show Fire-Types a little more love this time around, they weren't treated very well in Gen 4.

Same here actually, haha. But for those that don't and think there are way too many need to understand that water, being the most abundant resource on earth. With that being said there are gonna be tons and tons more of water pokemon to be created. Just imagine how many fish haven't been made.lol.

And i agree on the fire pokemon as well. We def. need to see a increase in fire pokemon. Hopefully we can get 8-14 new fire pokemon. I think that is reasonable as they were a bit shafted in sinnoh. Okay not a little, a lot!

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Same here actually, haha. But for those that don't and think there are way too many need to understand that water, being the most abundant resource on earth. With that being said there are gonna be tons and tons more of water pokemon to be created. Just imagine how many fish haven't been made.lol.

And i agree on the fire pokemon as well. We def. need to see a increase in fire pokemon. Hopefully we can get 8-14 new fire pokemon. I think that is reasonable as they were a bit shafted in sinnoh. Okay not a little, a lot!

In addition to how many fish haven't been made, think about the bugs! There's, what, a couple billion species discovered AND THEY'RE STILL FINDING MORE DAILY?

Anyway, I agree we need more fires this time around, to make up for 4th Gen's lack thereof. Also, something that's been repeated about a billion times, but I want to say again. Bug-type legend. Please. (See what I did thar? Billion?)

Faerie

MONS
kill it with fire

Definitely seconding the movement for more fire-types. There were a few okay fire-types in gen 3, but there were basically none in gen 4, and the ones people use today are still pretty much all from 1 and 2.

Personally I hope we'll be getting some good bug-types, and especially good bug-type moves. There are pitifully few usable bugs out there, and with some new great moves to add to the type I think some of the old ones could become a lot better. Good new ones would be a welcome addition too, though.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Speaking of bug moves, we need more status inflicting ones. Many bug-types are famous for their ability to inflict statuses. In fact, the type itself, once upon a time, was thought of as the 'status' type, with grass coming in a close second. However, there are, like, no status moves that are actually bug!

Elfteiroh

Thunder Leaf
Slow down there. PokeBeach has been faster than Serebii in reporting news numerous times. Plus, this whole war thing is retarted. Why can't people like both?

I like both! :p I use pokebech for the speed, and serebii for the confirmation. :p

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
I would also love to see a bug legendary. I am sure there is some Aztec god that could be a good basis for a bug legendary pokemon.

also, to tie in with the aztec theme, what about a quetzalcoatl pokemon? Def. could see a legendary made out of that! dragon/grass, dragon/electric? Technically it is supposed to be a dragon bird deity but a dragon/flying type has been already done and is a bit of a bore.

question: a power of quetzalcoatl is weather changing, has the pokemon Rayquaza already covered this mythological animal?

here is a picture if you dont know what it is.

http://www.staten-illustration.com/images/Pieces/Quetzalcoatl/Quetzalcoatl_web900.jpg

http://fourcolorcomix.com/~fourcolo/images/f/fb/FCCQuetz.jpg

edit: I jsut thought of another idea-what about an azetc legendary trio?

Chalchiuhtlicue-aztec god of running water, springs, and rivers and lakes.
water/ghost?

http://www.thaliatook.com/pix/chalchiuhtlicue.jpg

Chantico-god of hearth
fire/ghost

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b154/Dreamie09/troll lord/CHANTICO.jpg

another choice could be Huehuetectim-god of fire. (couldnt find a good pic of him)

Chicomecoat-god of maize
grass/ghost

http://api.ning.com/files/FJPM4X4kb...KQgMYtCiUvzl-hmAlz2goNfxT/Chalchiuhtlicue.jpg

Last edited:

Elfteiroh

Thunder Leaf
I would also love to see a bug legendary. I am sure there is some Aztec god that could be a good basis for a bug legendary pokemon.

also, to tie in with the aztec theme, what about a quetzalcoatl pokemon? Def. could see a legendary made out of that! dragon/grass, dragon/electric? Technically it is supposed to be a dragon bird deity but a dragon/flying type has been already done and is a bit of a bore.

question: a power of queszalcoatl is weather changing, has the pokemon Rayquaza already covered this mythological animal?

here is a picture if you dont know what it is.

http://www.staten-illustration.com/images/Pieces/Quetzalcoatl/Quetzalcoatl_web900.jpg

http://fourcolorcomix.com/~fourcolo/images/f/fb/FCCQuetz.jpg

I would totally see dunsparce evolving into something like that :p

hitoshura0

question: a power of queszalcoatl is weather changing, has the pokemon Rayquaza already covered this mythological animal?

You're posting mythological creatures without posting the Kaneko works? For shame! Let me fix your mistake :http://www.popanime.net/megami/wiki/index.php?title=Image:Quetzalcoatl.gif

But in all honesty, Rayquaza is based off of Ziz, so this guy could still get a legendary/ normal pokemon based off of him. I think they would have to embrace more the winged serpent shtick he is more famous for, or as some kind of creation diety for a new region.

EDIT: If we're doing Aztec gods, I'd like to throw my hat in for Tzitzimitl, who would make a nice new Dark or Psychic type. Pics and back story:http://www.popanime.net/megami/wiki/index.php?title=Tzitzimitl_/_Zizimytl

Last edited:

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
You're posting mythological creatures without posting the Kaneko works? For shame! Let me fix your mistake :http://www.popanime.net/megami/wiki/index.php?title=Image:Quetzalcoatl.gif

But in all honesty, Rayquaza is based off of Ziz, so this guy could still get a legendary/ normal pokemon based off of him. I think they would have to embrace more the winged serpent shtick he is more famous for, or as some kind of creation diety for a new region.

EDIT: If we're doing Aztec gods, I'd like to throw my hat in for Tzitzimitl, who would make a nice new Dark or Psychic type. Pics and back story:http://www.popanime.net/megami/wiki/index.php?title=Tzitzimitl_/_Zizimytl

I might regret asking this, but what is Kaneko?

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
Not what, but who. Kazuma Kaneko is the guy who does the art work for Shin Megami Tensei. If there has been a legendary bieng/god, chances are he has drawn it.

ah I see. Yes he does shine some light on what many of these mythological beings could look like. Hopefully Pokemon will incorporate some of these legends.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Why are people assuming the middle one will be a part-pig hybrid? honestly, i would have preferred the Rabbit/Fox->Dingo thing over the pig...

Cure Blossom

In this new generation, I really hope that there are more fire types as well as electric types! :// More Dark and Ice types would be nice too :p But I'm just anticipating the revealing of the starters and the legendaries! :]]

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Why are people assuming the middle one will be a part-pig hybrid? honestly, i would have preferred the Rabbit/Fox->Dingo thing over the pig...

Because it has a corkscrew tail. Pigs have Corkscrew tails. Bunnies don't. Pigs however can have big ears. Look at other animated pigs. Porky, Piglet, Oolong from Dragon ball. Or even an actual pig. Pigs don't have tiny ears unless they are pot belly pigs. Observe- Here is a picture
See how it has big ears? Exactly. That with what looks like hooved feet, is what makes people assume it is a pig.
-;248;

Madeye

This thread is getting so funny (or scary)! I'm hoping the sihlouette on the left is a peacock now, that would be awesome! i could see that being a crest on its head which could open up as it evoles, and the leaf shape on the tale could grow into the back feathers of the peacock. And it looks like it's standing in a proud, majesterial peacock-esque way. Unfortunately though it will probably be another grass/lizard thing, which is really getting old now! I'm through with speculating about this though! I think i can wait somehow. No doubt when they do get revealed everyone will be bashing on them anyway.

Onyx Umeki

Mrph...how impudent.
I hope Corsola & Sunflora get evos >.>;;

Im hoping for some sweet type combos too

Electric/fire, Poison/ice, Bug/ice, Steel/ice, Grass/fire, Flying/ice

:3

Status
Not open for further replies.