• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
I think it would be really interesting if you could choose to head down the good guy or bad guy path, depending on the choices you make. It would tie in well with the Black and White theme.

I agree with the idea of items in conjunction with HMs. Even if they had to be bought, were disposable and were one-use only. I know everything is meant to be Pokemon-oriented but it's absolutely frustrating to have to dump one or two of your team into the PC in order to get through Victory Road or explore a cave or climb a mountain.

Even if there was an option later in the game where you could delete a HM move as an attack, but still retain it to use in the overworld, I'd be pleased. It's gotten to the stage where I can't even have a team of five anymore, because you realise that you need Rock Climb, Rock Smash, Strength, Flash, Whirlpool and Surf all at the same time!

YES. I hate having to sacrifice my 6th member to be an HM Slave... Surf, Strength, and Waterfall I can all live with needing since I normally teach those to someone anyway, but the dumb ones like Rock Smash, Flash, Whirlpool, and Defog (Worst HM ever) just need to go away.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
Bringing up the pick if you're good or bad topic(tough I doubt that will ever happen), I really want to choose in the beginning if you want5 to do gym battles or contests. And once you beat the Champion of either(since they probably wouldn't put the Grand Festival in) you can then do the other that you didn't pick. Just change up the contests a little to fit in battles. I'd still pick gyms, but I think that'd be cool for after you win the game.

GOONER1991

Pokemon Master...
I want the HMs to be gone, and I don't think that this would be difficult to do. The use of an item would work well, because essentially the HMs are there in order to halt the player's progress until they have beaten the appropriate gym. Game Freak didn't want players to start off and then somehow manage to run all the way to somewhere like Blackthorn City, right at the start of the game. An item could be obtained in the same way as the HMs are, you could obtain them either before or after the appropriate gym, but they cannot be used until that gym has been defeated, because the gym leader needs to show you how to use it. For Rock Smash, you could have an pick, but you have to wait until shown how to use it, or for Flash, you have to beat the gym leader, who will then give you a flashlight.

Or alternatively, you could have certain Pokemon automatically able to perform certain moves on the enviornment, but only after you have defeated the gym leader. If you have a Lapras in your team, it can automatically Surf, without the need of a HM taking up a move. Or a Pigeot should be able to Fly without having to know the move. (I'm not sure that I explained that clearly, but oh well).

What I actually want in this game is something similar to what we got in DPPt, in that you could obtain the pseudo-legendary in Gible fairly early on in the game, which gave you a good amount of time to train. In the previous generations, you recieved the likes of Bagon, Dratini etc late on in the game, and thus there was not enough time to train them high enough for them to be of use against the Elite 4.

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
I think it would be really interesting if you could choose to head down the good guy or bad guy path, depending on the choices you make. It would tie in well with the Black and White theme.

I agree with the idea of items in conjunction with HMs. Even if they had to be bought, were disposable and were one-use only. I know everything is meant to be Pokemon-oriented but it's absolutely frustrating to have to dump one or two of your team into the PC in order to get through Victory Road or explore a cave or climb a mountain.

Even if there was an option later in the game where you could delete a HM move as an attack, but still retain it to use in the overworld, I'd be pleased. It's gotten to the stage where I can't even have a team of five anymore, because you realise that you need Rock Climb, Rock Smash, Strength, Flash, Whirlpool and Surf all at the same time!

I agree. I always thought that they should have given every pokemon "Field moves" like in the Ranger games, based on which HMs they would have learned. Each field move's effect would be unlocked once the appropriate Gym badge was obtained.

I always wanted them to kindof go the mystery dungeon route, and have a separate battle animation for certain situations. One for idle, one for sleep, burn, freeze, poison, infatuatuion, ect. One for getting hit, using phisical moves, and using special moves, and one for fainting. But in my imagination, these were roughly two or three frames each, and that to me was streching it and in the relm of severely impossible. Now that we have this, my thoughs have expanded.

Grei

not the color
Even if there was an option later in the game where you could delete a HM move as an attack, but still retain it to use in the overworld, I'd be pleased.

I actually really like this idea. There was the idea of Pokemon having field abilities like in Pokemon Ranger--a Water Pokemon would naturally be able to take you across waters. However, that wouldn't stop people from surfing right from the start of the game, because it wouldn't make sense for badges to activate natural abilities.

This idea sounds better. Your Pokemon can learn the HM Surf as a field ability once you have the corresponding badge, and that fills up a separate slot from your moves for "Field Moves". Maybe, depending on the Pokemon, there'd be more or less slots depending on how versatile they are.

What if Bibarel was able to have as many slots as it does learn-able HM moves? Like, it had 6 slots, one for each HM. You could fill those slots and still have four moves--you just couldn't use the Field Moves in-battle.

I think this would be awesome and would be much better than the current system.

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
I actually really like this idea. There was the idea of Pokemon having field abilities like in Pokemon Ranger--a Water Pokemon would naturally be able to take you across waters. However, that wouldn't stop people from surfing right from the start of the game, because it wouldn't make sense for badges to activate natural abilities.

This idea sounds better. Your Pokemon can learn the HM Surf as a field ability once you have the corresponding badge, and that fills up a separate slot from your moves for "Field Moves". Maybe, depending on the Pokemon, there'd be more or less slots depending on how versatile they are.

What if Bibarel was able to have as many slots as it does learn-able HM moves? Like, it had 6 slots, one for each HM. You could fill those slots and still have four moves--you just couldn't use the Field Moves in-battle.

Well what I was saying is that the badges act sort of like a licence to used the field move. You understand? And the HM's just be turned into TMs as regular battle moves.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I would like (though this is WAY unlikely) an SMT type game, with a few endings when you beat the champion. Nothing major or really changing, but a different string of diolouge each time you enter the hall of fame depending on your choices, and seeing different people come to congratulate you. Or different credits sequences.

I do like this idea very much, but I think there should still be an option for pokemon to learn a move like surf or fly, which i use often in and out of battles.

As for my own hopes, I want another dual team thing again, like RSE. I liked that, because you could see the motives of the team, and they were easy to understand, not obscure like galactics or nonexistant like team rockets. For example, one team, the "black" one, wants to use the powers of pokemon for world domination (cliched, i know), but have some solid priciples and beliefs. The other team, the "white" one, hates the concept of trainers, and belives that to live in peace, trainers and pokemon need to live seperately (because the black team is using them as tools of destruction), so they are trying to drive the pokemon out of the region. So both have flawed motives, and you fight both with a group of people YOU assemble by making conversation choices, a third team made up of you, your rival, gym leaders, parents(?), and the Elite 4 members. The choices wouldn't be that hard, but there would be some conversation trees, ala MegaTen.

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
I say each badge should unlock a feild action and we turn the good hms into tms. Surf is basically the water equivalent of flamethrower/ice beam/ thunderbolt except that it hits all pokemon in a double battle. Fly is great if you have a flying pokemon who doesn't learn Brave Bird, Sky Attack, or Drill Peck. If the pokemon could learn the hm then they should be able to preform the action which would be simple for them to do in the first place. Add a liscence feature because allowing anyone to move or break rocks, or do an action that could have a negative effect on the environment wouldn't be good.

hitoshura0

I would like (though this is WAY unlikely) an SMT type game, with a few endings when you beat the champion. Nothing major or really changing, but a different string of diolouge each time you enter the hall of fame depending on your choices, and seeing different people come to congratulate you. Or different credits sequences.

As for my own hopes, I want another dual team thing again, like RSE. I liked that, because you could see the motives of the team, and they were easy to understand, not obscure like galactics or nonexistant like team rockets. For example, one team, the "black" one, wants to use the powers of pokemon for world domination (cliched, i know), but have some solid priciples and beliefs. The other team, the "white" one, hates the concept of trainers, and belives that to live in peace, trainers and pokemon need to live seperately (because the black team is using them as tools of destruction), so they are trying to drive the pokemon out of the region. So both have flawed motives, and you fight both with a group of people YOU assemble by making conversation choices, a third team made up of you, your rival, gym leaders, parents(?), and the Elite 4 members. The choices wouldn't be that hard, but there would be some conversation trees, ala MegaTen.

I think that may be more likely for a third version, but it would be neat to see a mini alignment system in the games. I don't think it should affect much, just some post-E4 speak or certain important NPC dialog, but it would be kind of neat. If they are gonna pull something like this, Black and White's teams will have to be "evil" and "good" in the first games, then both "evil" in the third.

Besides, we have SMT Pokemon, and it did have a Light and Dark versions.

Afternoon my fellow Pokemon enthusiasts! Since we're four months away from the release date for Japan (oh, this takes me back memories when we were speculating Heartgold and Soulsilver.) , lets speculate the release date! Before I go there, does anyone believe that another guardian for the generation iv legends will appear? I know the Pixies and Dragons have Arceus, but what about Darkrai and Cresselia and perhaps Heatran? Okay, off to speculation dates!

DP-September 28, 2006
Pt-September 13,2008
HGSS- September 12, 2009

Since DP was a long way of unlike the two future games, we can be sure Black and White might possibly be released around late September this year. But, before I end this, lets take a look at the previous games. I'm only adding in Japanese release dates.

RS-November 21, 2002 (whoa...the anniversary is close!)
FRLG- January 29, 2004
Em-September 16, 2004

What's interesting here is RS and Em were two years and five days apart. FRLG is an exception because of the lack of Kanto Pokemon in RS gamepaks, though it was a convenient remake that took about eight years in the making.

RG/B- February 27, 1996/ October 10, 1996
Ye- September 12, 1998
GS-November 21, 1999
Cry-December 14, 2000

Gold and Silver launches three years prior to Ruby and Sapphire's release?! Awesome! Also, Yellow coincides with Heartgold/Soulsilver's release date eleven years later! Now since most of the dates consist of September, it's highly possible it might release on September 11th in Japan or September 25 (because DP and RS were in the latter day of the months) to follow the pattern. If true, then the third game (in two years time) should launch sometime in early september just like Platinum's release date and perhaps (if possible) an RS remake might be unveiled by the time of its release. This concludes today's message.

Last edited:

syclone

the crazy guy
i think that there could be a whole bunch of teams, or gangs, as they would be gangstas. they would all have random motives and levels of evilness and would be eliminated as the story progresses until the most evil one and the one you join (the "good" gang that tries to stop the others) are the only ones left and then you could have a series of epic final battles. then once your gang is the only one left after you beat the evilest gang, the boss shows his/her true colors and tries to destroy the world or kill everyone to bring "world peace" or something along those lines. after you beat him/her you take over the gang and are randomly boss and finally get to battle the elite 4. maybe as a post-e4 story cyrus could return as a legendary pokemon controlling the distortion world and team galactic in a last ditch attempt to "end all strife" and you would have to capture him.

that's all i have speculated on the bad guys of black and white, okey-dokey.

oakbark

Elite Four Novice
I say each badge should unlock a field action and we turn the good HMs into TMs.

Yeah, that's a perfect solution. I mean, items are good but realistically, in the pokemon world, everything has to revolve around pokemon. You could have a set list of Field Moves for pokemon such as Surf, Fly, Strength, etc. It also could make less popular pokemon appealing by giving them important Field Moves. And you could simply 'grey out' important Field Moves until you receive a badge to use them. Other Field Moves, like Flash, Teleport, and Dig could be usable from the beginning.

lansbury9

This is what I want: Mr. Moe and random female to still be called "Red" and "Leaf" respectively, despite the change of themes, plus the fact they took a tangent from Kanto.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Without HMs we can't infinitely teach Surf, Fly and Waterfall though.

This is what I want: Mr. Moe and random female to still be called "Red" and "Leaf" respectively, despite the change of themes, plus the fact they took a tangent from Kanto.

Umm... Why? They're all different characters, kind of makes sense they'd have different names, no?

Sorry bud, that's not new. A higher quality version has been previously posted too.

I think that there should be a Flying type evolution of Eevee. There are more types to be covered but, if one wanted to do an all Eevee evolution team, they are inable to use Fly. I hope they do release more evolutions, it would be interesting to see their names/ what they would look like.

Last edited:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
You know you could easily give them those names when you get your copy.

Last edited:

oakbark

Elite Four Novice
Without HMs we can't infinitely teach Surf, Fly and Waterfall though.

To be fair, you can't infinitely teach many really useful TMs. They could modify Level-Up move lists to incorporate moves like Surf, Waterfall (like Goldeen/Seaking has already) and Fly, and then make them accessible through Move Tutors and Department Stores.

Less availability and more effort to learn, yes, but still more than acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.