• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

syclone

the crazy guy
they are both probably 12-14-ish since they look like they could easily be seen at my middle school, only not as cartoony sprites and the girl just looks like she could be a normal student at that school, so does the boy. i only really said the girl was "hot" because i was appealing to common practice (aka saying something because nearly everyone else does). also because as a middle schooler i am automatically CRAZY.

Grei

not the color
they are both probably 12-14-ish since they look like they could easily be seen at my middle school, only not as cartoony sprites and the girl just looks like she could be a normal student at that school, so does the boy. i only really said the girl was "hot" because i was appealing to common practice (aka saying something because nearly everyone else does). also because as a middle schooler i am automatically CRAZY.

I actually think they look older. They both look like they could be legal (for driving at least--in the 16 age range).

And the girl IS hot.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I hope Hiun City isn't as busy at night. It'd be nice to not have to be running into people 24/7.

But that's the thing, people move out of your way. You'll never run into people again.

GreenGrass

hello...dragon?! it has about half and half physical and special.

No, dragon is mostly Special. Ice, however, is equally split between physical and special.

I like the differing gym shape idea, but not the mixed-type idea. Though I would like another Blue-like gym leader, with a well-balanced, mixed-type team. That was a fun challenge in G/S/C/HG/SS.

Akimoto-Kenta

F*ck Yeah! Seaking!
I actually think they look older. They both look like they could be legal (for driving at least--in the 16 age range).

And the girl IS hot.
Anime/manga characters always look older than they are.

Pokefan Beat

Onward, ho!!!
These aren't anime or manage characters and even so, they don't always look older than they actually are.

Umm... IMHO, and as a girl, I'll say that in RSE and DPPt, the female trainers looked WAY older than the insinuated 10-12. They had better racks than half the girls in my school and dressed like strippers, once again, IMHO. When we're talking about maturity, I automatically gravitate to the fact that this girl for B/W has decent length shorts and a proper shirt on, and a non-stripper hairdo. The only thing keeping these PC trainers from looking like kiddies are the ratios - Their eyes are smaller in proportion to the head, and the head is smaller in proportion to the body. It's a small change but makes a big difference.

chombo

1. More cross-generational evolution lines! I would just love knowing that I have to EV-train again one of my Pokémon because it now has a new evo.
2. Ghost and Steel-type Eevelutions. I have been waiting for them for about 8 years.
3. Dark-type Gym. I agree with all of you people!
4. More post-Elite-4 stuff.
5. Have you ever thought about real-worrld-like environment? I mean that every place in the region should be able to have every weather condition. And this should be based on time. For example: in Hiun City, on July, it could be raining on some days, but snowing on December. That would be awesome!
6. Continuing my speech about weather. I would like more weather conditions, such as Thunderstorms, Wind, etc.
7. Day-based evolution. Like, a Pokémon only being able to evolve on Mondays.
8. I know it's kinda obvious that it's gonna happen, but still I'm gonna put it: more Poké Ball types.
9. Since the characters are older: CAR!!!!!
10. Expanded Fly feature.
11. Ever played Chrono Trigger? Well, I would love to see Anime-like cinemas, simillar to Chrono Trigger.
12. Pokéathlon-like stuff.
13. At least 150 new Pokémon! We're running out of Pokémon!!!

I think that's the end of it. =)

http://www.filb.de/

On the first video, pay attention to the battle scenes with the starters. Pokabu seems to raise his paw when he uses Flamethrower. And Tsutaaja crosses his arms before he uses Leaf Storm.

Eh, I don't know if they're attack animations or just part of their normal animations, which, in this case, coincidentally happened for them when they used their attacks.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Umm... IMHO, and as a girl, I'll say that in RSE and DPPt, the female trainers looked WAY older than the insinuated 10-12. They had better racks than half the girls in my school and dressed like strippers, once again, IMHO. When we're talking about maturity, I automatically gravitate to the fact that this girl for B/W has decent length shorts and a proper shirt on, and a non-stripper hairdo. The only thing keeping these PC trainers from looking like kiddies are the ratios - Their eyes are smaller in proportion to the head, and the head is smaller in proportion to the body. It's a small change but makes a big difference.

Sexualization of your gender happens. It will continue to happen.

Not sure how you classify hair styles into stripper categories...

Phantom champion Z

i doubt that theese games will take place in nyc but some wher else in japan. from the screens shots we have not seen any people of color other than our typical anime style characters who are supposed to be japanese so this leads me to belive its based on whatever region hiroshimais in.

Pokefan Beat

Onward, ho!!!
Sexualization of your gender happens. It will continue to happen.

Not sure how you classify hair styles into stripper categories...

Ah, yeah, but it won't stop me from complaining :)

Um, as for the hair thing, it's a rather long story, including me accidentally watching part of an R rated movie when I was eight and a discussion about the playboy bunny. It applies more to the RSE trainer's hairdo than the DPPt annyways. Let it be left at there's a lot of strange associationary things to go along with that.

Something I'd definitely like to see is some small margin of custimization with the trainers; Like in Animal Crossing, where you can finally change the color of your shoes by answering a question, or the same with your hair in the same game, I would enjoy a feature allowing you to recolor something as simple as your hat. I doubt that will happen though, it would take up way to much memory.

ThePainbringer

Better than Ash
Anyway, it would be cool if there was special areas with special forms of Pokemon. Like if you catch a Magmar at a mountain, it would be normal. But if you caught one in a magma carven or near a volcano, it would have stronger stats. And they should expand what they did with Shellos but with more Pokemon

Grei

not the color
I would enjoy a feature allowing you to recolor something as simple as your hat. I doubt that will happen though, it would take up way to much memory.

Being able to recolor a part of your sprite would take up too much memory? Pokemon has it's problems, but having to deal with memory constraints certainly isn't one of them.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Anyway, it would be cool if there was special areas with special forms of Pokemon. Like if you catch a Magmar at a mountain, it would be normal. But if you caught one in a magma carven or near a volcano, it would have stronger stats.
Or you could keep catching Magmar until you find one with the stats you want.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns

yeah I never really understood why the girl characters had racks...

Eye-candy I suppose.

Then again, May did look the wackiest. How could a 10-year-old have hooters like that?

Pokefan Beat

Onward, ho!!!
Being able to recolor a part of your sprite would take up too much memory? Pokemon has it's problems, but having to deal with memory constraints certainly isn't one of them.

Well I'm not particularly intimate with the memory abilities of a DS game chip, as much as I would like to be :) It would depend on what type of recoloring, as well. If it was a simple pallet swap no, but the more complex the more memory...

Of course now that I think about it the DS Animal crossing, which was part of my original example, has much more complex stuff and yet no problems with memory soo...
Argh. Now I sound like an idiot and confused myself. NOT COOL YO.

ArceusBlitz

Hydreigon FTW!!!!!!!
I do agree on a dark type gym, we do need one. A pokeringer contest would be pretty sweet. And some more Eevee evos, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.