• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking, if it came to Tsutaja becoming Grass/Fight, Mijumaru being Water/Psychic and Pokabu Fire/Dark.

It would make the starters equally competitive, with the three of them capable of defeating each other.

Grass would get 5 weakness, with Ice 4x. But would get 7 advantages.
Fire would get 4 weakness. But would get 6 advantages.
Water would get 5 weakness. But would get 5 advantages. Remembering that water types always learn Ice moves as well, so I think it would be very fair with the three of them.

There are any down points of being that way?

This has been proposed many times throughout this thread, the first time being after that very information(the starters being grass/fighting, fire/dark, and water/psychic) was supposedly leaked. No one, as far as I saw, ever debunked that leak. I've been hoping someone would start doing some specific speculation on those final evo typings, but everyone seems focused on other things.

Personally, that is the typing I'm hoping for.

Porygandrew

How about:

Water/Fighting
Grass/Rock
Fire/Flying (when pigs fly! XD)

TheUltimateTrainer

The lost trainer
I was thinking, if it came to Tsutaja becoming Grass/Fight, Mijumaru being Water/Psychic and Pokabu Fire/Dark.

It would make the starters equally competitive, with the three of them capable of defeating each other.

Water would get 5 weakness. But would get 5 advantages. Remembering that water types always learn Ice moves as well, so I think it would be very fair with the three of them.

yup, Pokabu would be the only starter with an immunity against Mijumaru. grass/ground, fire/steel and water/ice's better since fire > grass > water > fire and ground > steel > ice > ground without immunity

Edit: the rock/flying/fighting wasn't a bad idea either

Last edited:

Krake

Flabebe's Kids

How would grass be 4x weak to Ice if it's Grass/Fighting.

Other than that, no, except that it's incredibly specific.

This has been proposed many times throughout this thread, the first time being after that very information(the starters being grass/fighting, fire/dark, and water/psychic) was supposedly leaked. No one, as far as I saw, ever debunked that leak. I've been hoping someone would start doing some specific speculation on those final evo typings, but everyone seems focused on other things.

Personally, that is the typing I'm hoping for.

That rumor was debunked when the starters were revealed IIRC.

Last edited:

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
dark grass is crap typing, grass pokes are already fragile, and a weakness to fighting is shitty. not to mention adding that dark is a good type but is useless when paired with grass

Johny boy

I'm playing SS!
Well my wish already came true,pokemon moving.Not only when leave the pokeball.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
One of my personal wishes for the 5th gen is a lapras evo or pre-evo. This is mainly due to the disappointment of shellos not being its pre-evo like so many thought it was gonna be

I'd also enjoy a farfetch'd evo, due to it not having the greatest stats and also that its one of my favorite pokemon

Bank$

Maybe some different pokemon you can catch early in the game. It has been the same for each gen. Normal (rattata), normal/flying (pidgey), bug (caterpie, kricketot etc), rock (geodude), zubat.. and so on. I'd like to see some different types early on in the game or at least some different pokemon of the types above.

DrJo

Pokemon Doc
I'd also enjoy a farfetch'd evo, due to it not having the greatest stats and also that its one of my favorite pokemon

Yeah i also love farfetch'd but he always has a hard time being useful on competitive battling, even in NU and UU. If it is a wild duck i would like it's evo (if there will be any) to be a wild swan or something of that type, maybe long necked wielding two sticks.

Now that i researched the legendary dogs event further, theres a high chance of B/W being compatible with D/P/Pt. Time machine ftw.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Maybe some different pokemon you can catch early in the game. It has been the same for each gen. Normal (rattata), normal/flying (pidgey), bug (caterpie, kricketot etc), rock (geodude), zubat.. and so on. I'd like to see some different types early on in the game or at least some different pokemon of the types above.
R/S/E had some pkmn of different types that you could catch early on-Poochyena,Ralts,Wingull,Marill,Lotad...they could do the same thing with B&W

EDIT: What if Tsutarja's evo has this body type?:D[& I'm only reffering to the body type...it's a 2 min drawing in paint lol] [IMG139]http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/gothic-spirit/untitled-3.jpg[/IMG139]
I think it would be cool...similar to Drapion

Last edited:

Camcam

Now that i researched the legendary dogs event further, theres a high chance of B/W being compatible with D/P/Pt. Time machine ftw.

I thought that it was already confirmed that B/W will compatible with the gen 4 games.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I could see Grass/Fighting, but Mijumaru I feel has to be Water/Ice. However, what if Pokabu became Fire/Flying? I know it sucks competitively, but I could totally see them working off the expression "When Pigs Fly". Not to mention it makes another triangle (although not really in the opposite direction).

There was something big that popped into my head last night, but I can't seem to think of it right now. I would like Pokemon to be found more in Cities though, as opposed to being mainly exclusive to Routes.

aipomking17

aipomking17
I want to see a few new types. or at least a light type. and come on, we all probably want a heracross pinsir cross pre-evo or miltank tauros cross pre-evo.

Rampaging Rodent

The other white meat
There's differences between giving a pokemon without an evolved form one after 3 generations, and changing a common aspect of the games, which is that dragons are stronger-than-your-average-bear, psudo-legendarys in alot of cases, and thus, are caught near the end of the game. Sure they could* allow you to catch one early in the game, and they could* allow you to catch a legendary after the second gym, dosn't make it likely.
They could easily make it have lower stats, evolve very late, and only have dragon on its last evolution. Look at Altaria's stats, and Dragonite's level of evolution. ;334;

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
They could easily make it have lower stats, evolve very late, and only have dragon on its last evolution. Look at Altaria's stats, and Dragonite's level of evolution. ;334;

Or make it Tsutaja's evo, as suggested before. I remember I got a lot of flak when I was designing a fakemon region for having a Water/Dragon starter. 1 weakness sure but it evolves at level 42 and has meh stats alright? Stop crying. And dragon is NOT an overpowered type, especially not on a grass starter. Its weakness to fire would be eliminated and it would double resistance to water and electric. In exchange, it has a 4x weakness to ice and a new weakness to dragon. Not OP. So in short it's entirely possible to have dragons early on.

Last edited:

Rampaging Rodent

The other white meat
Or make it Tsutaja's evo, as suggested before. I remember I got a lot of flak when I was designing a fakemon region for having a Water/Dragon starter. 1 weakness sure but it evolves at level 42 and has meh stats alright? Stop crying. And dragon is NOT an overpowered type, especially not on a grass starter. Its weakness to fire would be eliminated and it would double resistance to water and electric. In exchange, it has a 4x weakness to ice and a new weakness to dragon. Not OP. So in short it's entirely possible to have dragons early on.
I pretty much meant it to be Tsutaja's evolution and typing. Mijumaru being Ice/Water would be perfect for offsetting the dragon type's stereotype of being overused and overpowered.

game_freak XD

it would be cool if in the 5th generation they will have more eevee evolutions
like a metal type evolution or a ground type...
and a pre-evolution of onix (lol) i was always imagining of an evolution for steelix.

today i complited my pokedex (in platinum)
and i thought how i will send all of them to the black & white (like with ruby sapphire & emerald...)
well thats alot of pokemon ^__^" its a pain... way the games canot update them selvse when i go online with wi-fi?! like the mystery gift they will have an option:
"pokemon generation update"
or
"map update" / "region ..."

in another 3 - 4 years nintendo will publish a new generation of pokemon
(6th generation) i hope (lol)
i wonder if the method and game play will be the same, i mean hundreds of pokemon
now there are 493 + 5th gen' = 590 / 600 pokemon + 6th gen' = @#!$% national-dex...
... ..maybe im thinking to much but i grew up on pokemon for so many years i cannot, not think of the future of pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.