• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

reallybored

I greatly prefer Zekrom. Reshiram looks very ungainly to me, as if he could just fall apart. Zekrom, however, is simply amazing. right up there with Darkrai for my favorite legend, and it looks as if my wish for another dark legend has come true.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
Gah I wasn't expecting legendaries today!!! But I sure am happy we got them!

so here is what I think-
Reshiram- Like this one, I have this feeling that wind will play a role in its legend. its tail just gives me this feeling of a turbine like thing. (but so does Zekrom's) Pyschic/flying, Maybe our first PURE flying type? Or we could maybe have a ice typing in there somewhere.

I am sure someone will say that it is an light type. PLEASE NO!

zekrom-Looks amazing, fav. legendary pokemon so far except Lugia, always number one in my books. Def. feeling a dark tone with this one, and when looking at the body you can tell it is pretty smooth as if made of stone. (or steel?)
So with that in thought I believe it will either be dark/rock, dark/steel, dark/flying. However I think the first two are new type combinations so I'd be happy with those.

These legendaries look great, and in my opinion I think way better than dialga and palkia. While those were cool, they took a while to grow on me, but I love these new ones.

Bardische

Elegance.
They honestly have unusual characteristics to palkia, don't you think. Especially Zekrom, who has a pose sort of similar to how palkia's legs are positioned.

Is it safe to assume these two are some kind of surrogate twins that came from Arceus? Because by golly they look REALLY similar.

And as for Reshiram, so far, a lot of people are making fun at the tuft of fur/feathers near its...ehhh...yeah...immature brats.

Also, it has Froslass arms/wings, plus a very peculiar resemblance to both Arceus and Suicune.

And i still can't get the fact off that Zekrom's face looks like something from Digimon, only better ;D

c. Alluvion

Random, but-- does anyone know what their names mean? Or just what the kanji can mean? I'm super-curious.

DoleWhip

So with that in thought I believe it will either be dark/rock, dark/steel, dark/flying. However I think the first two are new type combinations so I'd be happy with those.

These legendaries look great, and in my opinion I think way better than dialga and palkia. While those were cool, they took a while to grow on me, but I love these new ones.
;248;

Honestly, I'm still not sure what to think. They both look kind of strange for different reasons. Reshiram looks weirder to me, but Zekrom looks absolutely evil!

reallybored

They both look mean, which I'm happy about. Just look at reshiram's eyes!

Ally

I like them alot...i do think they look a wee bit digimon-y butttt i think dialga, palkia and alot of old legendaries do more

But Overall they are growing on me alot, they both look awesome not sure about Reshiram's hands on wings but it still looks cool...

I'm also hoping they aren't like stupidly large legendaries, I'd like to see gamefreak go back to orginal (Mewtwo in particular) and have normal sized and weighted pokemon, I mean Gen IV legendaries were too big and bulky and i'm hoping these are a more humanoid like pokemon...if you get what i mean

And to top it off I hope these are only 2 of maximum 8 legendaries...too many last gen

Last edited:

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
;248;

Honestly, I'm still not sure what to think. They both look kind of strange for different reasons. Reshiram looks weirder to me, but Zekrom looks absolutely evil!

That's is what I like about it. I am so hoping it is caught in a temple in the rainforest in the game, similar to Aztec or Mayans. I just get this ancient temple theme when I see it.

reallybored

You know, now that I think about it, Reshiram looks a lot like an angelic chicken....

whataffah

Probably this sound a bit stupid, but they look formed like they are 'fold out'. Similiar to 'Bakugan'. Though, these two would be first the yingyan symbol, and they split up and 'fold out' to their form. Its just my idea, don't blame it.

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
I'm really getting a nature vs technology theme with these legendaries. I'm guessing their types will be Psychic/Flying and Dark/Flying.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
For those wondering pokebeach has said that Reshiram's name comes from "shiro" which means white in Japanese, and Zekrom comes from "kuro" which, as you probably guessed, means black in japanese. There is also a picture of a possible beta-box art.

And does anyone thing maybe, just maybe, that Reshiram may be an angel type pokemon, and Zekrom a fallen angel? (That might be bringing in a bit too much religion into the games, but if it was waterd down a bit it might work.)

anotherthought: how about it Zekrom caught in Aztec-like pyramid in the jungle/forest of the region, and Reshiram caught in a Sky temple?

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Im Baffled!!!

Came on here about 2 hours ago, and nothing... and now this!!!! I love them both, Zekrom ( i think) looks the best, but I love how Reshiram looks. Also, I hope this is the same release as HG/SS where the UK and US release's are in March!

Do you think a new pokemon will still be revealed in CoroCoro... or just these?... No it will be another new one won't it?

Ally

I'm really getting a nature vs technology theme with these legendaries. I'm guessing their types will be Psychic/Flying and Dark/Flying.

I'm starting to get this feel aswell...I mean obviously one looks much more mechanical but what I really think shows this theme are the tails of both

Reshiram's Tail Looks very natural and just a cool looking Pokemon tail, but on Zekroms Tail it looks very man made like a turbine of a plane or something like that?

Also to help with this whole "nature vs technology" I've never seen a city as big and as modernised as Huin City, I'm thinking something must be going down this route...

Zekrom created by evil group to stop, battle and capture reshiram? As they are pretty much the same but one looks natural and the other looks man made?

Heres hoping :)

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
Im Baffled!!!

Came on here about 2 hours ago, and nothing... and now this!!!! I love them both, Zekrom ( i think) looks the best, but I love how Reshiram looks. Also, I hope this is the same release as HG/SS where the UK and US release's are in March!

Do you think a new pokemon will still be revealed in CoroCoro... or just these?... No it will be another new one won't it?

As am I. I wake up and see this, but I am way glad to see it. But yes we are getting another pokemon revealed in coro coro mid june. At least we should be as the magazine said a previously unknown pokemon would be revealed in the next issue. Since we already know Reshiram and Zekrom, I am betting we will get another. Besides its only a couple months before release. We may get at least 3 new pokemon before than revealed.

reallybored

I still think dark/steel for Zekrom, maybe pure flying for reshiram or psychic/flying.

As for what they represent.... Yin and yang, most definitely. Although I don't agree with the fold out idea, I do think they represent yin and yang.

Status
Not open for further replies.