• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Kindler, Super Nerd Female, Bodybuilder, Hex Maniac, Thug, Teacher, Maid, Butler, Poacher, Fisherwoman, Female Cop, Desert Trekker, Stage Performer, Dance Maniac... The list goes on and on, though most of my suggestions are just trainer classes I want brought back.

I see many of these are also the opposite gender to some that we currently have. I certainly don't disagree with that.

I'll try to think of some now, I don't think I really had any in mind, I just thought there should be more. Maybe Paleontologist and Tourist would be cool. Paleontologists would use Fossil Pokémon and Tourists would use Pokémon commonly found in another Region. Tourists should say what Region they're from. A Tourist from Hoenn would use Pokémon such as Zigzagoon, Linoone, Taillow, Swellow, et cetera.

I like the Tourists idea. Could be something we see a lot of Post-E4. It actually would have made sense to see them in D/P/P's Resort Area.

Still, the stories are increasing in "epic feel."

I'm going to have to disagree. Pokemon's stories are nowhere near epic. And if they continue on this scale it will take many more generations before they are.

c. Alluvion

I'm going to have to disagree. Pokemon's stories are nowhere near epic. And if they continue on this scale it will take many more generations before they are.

I think I'm using the wrong word.

In each game, the Holy **** Quotient (thanks tvtropes) is going up. Like, in GSC, Team Rocket took over the Lake of Rage and the Radio Tower. That was kinda cool. Then, in RSE, Team Aqua/Magma almost destroyed the world's weather patterns. I found that kinda awesome-- Rocket never did much lasting damage, but Aqua and Magma almost killed a continent. Then, Team Galactic blows up several things and almost rips apart the fabric of the universe. Also, the Distortion World is pretty cool, I hear (haven't finished Platinum yet).

In each generation the plot is becoming more structured. In RBY,
things were kind of random, in GSC, Team Rocket had a loose plan, in RSE, Aqua and Magma were building towards the release of Groudon and Kyogre, and in DPPt, most of Galactic's moves were centered around the showdown at Mt. Coronet. There's even a little foreshadowing.

So it's not an awe-inspiring, deep tale, but it's getting more like an actual story as generations pass. And it makes me (who is easily-impressed) go "Wow, that's cool!" more and more.

And, no goats. I wonder what's taking so long.
(If it's Dark type I'll giggle.)

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
I am really intrigued by the dragons complex design. At first I thought they looked nothing like pokemon, but I've grown to think they're pretty awesome.

I think reshiram is fire, which is supported by the its torch like tail and slight red glow. Zekrom is electric, which is supported by its generator like tail adn slight blue glow.

As for what the dragons maybe about, well I think it is a battle between past and future. Reshiram looks very ancient and mystic like while Zekrom looks metallic and really advanced. Look at it this way Fire was used to light up darkness in the past and today we use electricity to do it. Hense Black and white, light and dark, yin and yang. Light can't survive without darkness and vice versa.

Hiun city is very futuristic and most of Isshu is (what we've seen of it), but what if the other parts are old and ancient and the evil team(s) are trying to preserve the past or expand the future. At the end of the game we and the villains will realize that without the past the future couldn't exist yin and yang both are one. Maybe Gamefreak is trying to send a message about the pokemon franchise via the game. They want to say pokemon can't survive without old mechanics, but in order to preserve the franchise they have to advance further with new mechanics and ways of playing. So in away the new games are trying to tell us not to forget about the past, but embrace the future.

It's just a theory of mine. It may or may not be true, but it was thing that I had to share with you all.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So it's not an awe-inspiring, deep tale, but it's getting more like an actual story as generations pass. And it makes me (who is easily-impressed) go "Wow, that's cool!" more and more.

I have a hard time saying they're getting better, but they aren't what they used to be, that's for sure. But the point remains that it will be a very, very long time before they are epic. If they ever make it there.

PurplePoctopus

Silver Fangirl
I would love more trainer classes. And, whoever suggest a peacock pokemon... That sounds really cool. And it'd have a gender difference. Though, I don't know if anyone would want a female if their colours weren't that pretty... :/

c. Alluvion

As for what the dragons maybe about, well I think it is a battle between past and future. Reshiram looks very ancient and mystic like while Zekrom looks metallic and really advanced. Look at it this way Fire was used to light up darkness in the past and today we use electricity to do it. Hense Black and white, light and dark, yin and yang. Light can't survive without darkness and vice versa.

Hiun city is very futuristic and most of Isshu is (what we've seen of it), but what if the other parts are old and ancient and the evil team(s) are trying to preserve the past or expand the future. At the end of the game we and the villains will realize that without the past the future couldn't exist yin and yang both are one. Maybe Gamefreak is trying to send a message about the pokemon franchise via the game. They want to say pokemon can't survive without old mechanics, but in order to preserve the franchise they have to advance further with new mechanics and ways of playing. So in away the new games are trying to tell us not to forget about the past, but embrace the future.

It's just a theory of mine. It may or may not be true, but it was thing that I had to share with you all.

Oh, I like this! It puts a new twist on the nature vs. technology idea that keeps popping up in the thread. The connection to Game Freak is reaching a bit, but I love the Fire/Electric yin/yang thing. I like the way you think.

I have a hard time saying they're getting better, but they aren't what they used to be, that's for sure. But the point remains that it will be a very, very long time before they are epic. If they ever make it there.

Fair enough. I'm enjoying them more and more, at least.
I guess Pokemon games aren't suited to classic epic plots-- but that's the way I like it. Simple and loose.

Ok so, people are talking about Nature Vs. Techonolgy, and the whole idea of the games being diffrent with more than jus tpokemon. Now, this is just a theory, and isnt well thought out because its about midnight where i am. what if i, say, white version, everything is in the past, and with nature? THe team in that game would try to modernize the world. But, to make you wonder if this is really, pokemon, like the creator said, they would change the world, and create a timeline split. You wpould have to go back and forth from a modernized world and a futuristic one to beat the whole game.

ZekromS Master

it would be cool if the storie line didnt just die after the elite4 like in d/p after the elite four there was the whole thing with hetran and so on.. it would just be good if you ony got half way through the storie line then the elite4 then the rest of the storie line... it would have to be a realy big plot to do that though

Chardan

june4_rpg_whiteknight2_xenoblade_last_story44.jpg

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but its a scan from a magazine.
Nothing new at first, but I think the Images with Suicune are new,
and it shows Raikou with the HG/SS Sprite,
as oposed to Entei's Platinum one.
Spr_4h_243.png

I guess it shows that Game Freak are using several 'base sprites' from each game.

ArtProjectCorn

Time Waster
june4_rpg_whiteknight2_xenoblade_last_story44.jpg

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but its a scan from a magazine.
Nothing new at first, but I think the Images with Suicune are new,
and it shows Raikou with the HG/SS Sprite,
as oposed to Entei's Platinum one.
Spr_4h_243.png

I guess it shows that Game Freak are using several 'base sprites' from each game.

There's not much new as far as I can tell. I guess we should get yaminokame to translate it in case it says something new in the text. I'm not actually sure whether or not it has been posted already though.

Last edited:

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
So guys what can we expect from the trio. The three pokemon of the apocalypse?

no that can bee, that are 4 horses. and pokemons has always a trio.

Ravager777

no that can bee, that are 4 horses. and pokemons has always a trio.

He was just reffering to the creation trio (Dialga/Palkia/Giratina), not the bible. Wouldn't it be likely if they made an apocalypse trio?

Bardische

Elegance.
Yeah, I'm not seeing an apocalypse trio again, we already had Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza for that, and possibly expanded further by Dialga, palkia and Giratina + Arceus in platinum and in the twelvth movie.

I'm guessing we return to the balance issue with RSE, but less destruction and actually more story as to why how Reshiram and Zekrom cannot exist without one another. I honestly feel a large influence of yin and yang on these games; even the mascots against opposite games versions imply that (to me, anyway).

As I've said multitudes of pages ago, take Black for example, the villainous team captures and pretty much abuses Reshiram's unknown power and at the same time hurts Zekrom in the process, who someone in the game would take note of and notice that there seems to be something wrong with the surrounding area, like technology suddenly fails to work and sometime maybe explodes for no reason and nature in the surrounding trees start to disappear because the trees were partially artificial through mankind's experiments to create eco-friendly plants, but at the same time tainting the natural order of the plants genes or something.

And yay, more hope for new sprites for everything! I was still rooting for the fact that those sprites were just placeholders :D

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
New pokemon wanted based on the creatures:
Wolf
Peacock
Swan
Mink (water/poison)
Buffalo
Fossil: Saber-toothed tiger, Mammoth (I want a rivalry in between them, like seviper and zangoose, that they bring in with them when revived)
Manticore
Polar-bear
More breeds of dogs
Goat (Do we have one?)
Electric-eel
and more fire pokemon in general.....

I don't know if you realize but we already have a mammoth pokemon-Mamoswine. Well technically it is a pig-mammoth. But I wouldnt minda TRUE mastodon/mammoth pokemon.

And is Tauros considerd a bull/buffalo pokemon? Scratch that it is a wild bull pokemon, so I guess a buffalo would work. Maybe an evolution for tauros?
normal/fighting? It could be a minotaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.