• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurplePoctopus

Silver Fangirl
Proper spelling and grammar are important. It makes you look more intelligent and your ideas more thought out. Besides, screwing up know/now changes the way your sentence is read. It isn't a spelling test, but at least TRY to spell properly. There is a reason it is taught in school.

Amen!

A decent idea for the regional rodent could be a chipmunk. They're kind of cute.

YES! That sounds amazing. :)

Look, you both should drop it. Do you realize how stupid your argument is? And, if he's the pansy, then what are you? Really. Chill. It's a game. >.>

I'm the guy trying to have some fun on a forum full of pansies like you. It's your fault for taking me so seriously.

Or me. Seriously. Grammar and spelling are important.

"Let's eat Pikachu!"
"Let's eat, Pikachu!"

It saves lives.

Nice exaggeration, there. No one's complaining about the presence of a comma or not.

PurplePoctopus

Silver Fangirl
I'm the guy trying to have some fun on a forum full of pansies like you. It's your fault for taking me so seriously.

Nice exaggeration, there. No one's complaining about the presence of a comma or not.

I'm a pansy? Wow. You're so cool. Insulting people on the internet. And, I didn't say that anyone was complaining about comma usage. I'm just showing how grammar can be important. Someone missed his nappy-poo. >.>

So, how about those fire types? Anyone have any animals that could work as fire types?

Now that I think about it, we've never had a salamander pokemon. Maybe one that appears when using rock smash?

rocky505

Nice double post^

But I'm actually liking the Oriole idea. California Condor enough said.

KanNKeller

I'm a pansy? Wow. You're so cool. Insulting people on the internet. And, I didn't say that anyone was complaining about comma usage. I'm just showing how grammar can be important. Someone missed his nappy-poo. >.>

So, how about those fire types? Anyone have any animals that could work as fire types?

Now that I think about it, we've never had a salamander pokemon. Maybe one that appears when using rock smash?

Charmander is a salamander lol it even has it in its name.... But I would love to see a fire bird that isn't legendary in gen V ^_^ something more accessible (spelling?) earlier in the game. And yeah fire type needs some love. Hopefully there will be a new volcano filled with new pokemon in this region ^_^

jubilife

Aspiring Author

Isn't Charmander a salamander?

I think a Tiger or a Leopard would make for a good fire-type. Maybe even a jaguar. Something in the cat family.

PurplePoctopus

Silver Fangirl
Nice double post^

But I'm actually liking the Oriole idea. California Condor enough said.

A condor sounds really cool. I'm game for anything, really. I don't really use the regional birds, because nothing has really been outstanding to me. If the new bird looks cool, and I use it, then cool. If it still looks... eh, then whatever.

And, I had a brain slip on the salamander thing. ^.^' But, maybe a Fire salamander would be cool. Part poison type too. http://myanimalblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/fire-salamander-2605.jpg

Last edited:

smashbro77

I think that they should make a legendarie that you can only unlock after you get all of the uknown. I think that would be pretty cool and it would actually make the unkown usefull.

jubilife

Aspiring Author
Charmander is a salamander lol it even has it in its name.... But I would love to see a fire bird that isn't legendary in gen V ^_^ something more accessible (spelling?) earlier in the game. And yeah fire type needs some love. Hopefully there will be a new volcano filled with new pokemon in this region ^_^

Hopefully it'll be infested. Maybe even make an area deeeeep underneath it that's optional if you wanna get the more than likely pseudo-legendary Dragon type of that region, and maybe even make it be Fire/Dragon.

...I can dream...

Edit: And for the love of God, make Magby AND the item that gets it into 3rd Evo available. I went into a rage when I discovered I wasn't going to be able to obtain the only unexpected (I don't consider legendaries as anything) fire type in Gen IV.

Last edited:

tynerds37

Veteran player
I think that they should make a legendarie that you can only unlock after you get all of the uknown. I think that would be pretty cool and it would actually make the unkown usefull.

that would be a good idea, this way the unowns would not be so useless. even luvdisk is better then them :p

KanNKeller

Hopefully it'll be infested. Maybe even make an area deeeeep underneath it that's optional if you wanna get the more than likely pseudo-legendary Dragon type of that region, and maybe even make it be Fire/Dragon.

...I can dream...

Keep dreaming lol that's actually a really good idea ^_^ When I first read "going to the underground" in DPPt I was so excited to take the game to interesting new places chuck full of interesting new pokemon. Instead we got go dig through the sand box for treasure.... ugh.... I want gen V to explore the different spheres of the Pokeworld. Dive was awesome in RSE and I don't see why I can't vontrol fly or dig through a deep tunnel to reach some epic legend withouth running into 500 geodudes =/

c. Alluvion

-"Beebar234" said:
Oh and @c. Alluvion, why do you think that they need to be redeemed? I personally find that they were impressive, but what really makes the Hoenn games shine is Emerald. GF fixed so many problems in Ruby/Sapphire in that game. They should remake Emerald.

I'm not really sure. Something about them puts a bad taste in my mouth. I loved the plots (Wally was such a welcome change in rivals) and I liked having a huge region.

I think it's the visuals. Ruby and Sapphire didn't have good graphics-- I remember going back to Sapphire from LG and balking at how weird all the people looked. (Emerald fixed parts of this) And the designs for most of the characters (I'm shallow) were in an awkward stage between the simplicity of RBY and GSC and the more interesting, creative designs of FRLG/DPPt/HGGS. They looked kinda awkward and dull; not memorable at all. Also, most routes looked the same.

It's also the way the map itself was set up. For example: Lavaridge Town. What the hell. The only way in is through a cave (?) or going up and back down Mt. Ember, even though there's a stretch of road RIGHT THERE leading in. But no, there are ledges. That right there breaks my suspension of disbelief.

There is also so much surfing. What I said about the routes looking the same applies double here-- I got lost really easily, and sick of Tentacool and Wingull very quickly. If you look at the Pokeearth map of Hoenn, there's a huge, huge yellow area punctuated by cities that's all open water. Sootoopolis City and Pacifidlog City were interesting concepts, and I love them-- but they were so hard to find because of all the water.

The Pokeearth map also shows another problem with the map-- the routes are so, so long and circuitous. This is because the cities are so spread out. Compare Hoenn's map to any other non-Ranger region-- it's much less dense. The distance between Slateport and Pacifidlog (three routes long!) is about the same as from Eterna to Snowpoint-- and that's not even the longest stretch from city to city. And look at the left side of the Hoenn map-- it's actually very uniform and unnatural looking. It looks like a diagram of resistors set up in parallel. When you're just getting used to a region and don't quite know where everything is, a setup like that is plain confusing--

Oh god, I need to shut up.
Uhh, Emerald was cool, though. Even though I didn't finish it. ;079;

Kai-zero said:
Would anybody join me in laughing if a new type was revealed, but it WASN'T Light Type?

I'd titter a bit. I'm anti-new types, but I could deal. The irony (is it irony? whatever) would be kinda fun, though.

Bald Eagle FTW. I want a Pokemon that represents BURNING AMERICAN FREEDOM. <3

I love this idea. Someone else suggested the Omega unown earlier, and that would be so boss.
(Knowing my luck, though, getting it would have a trading component. Because friendship and linking up is all Unown seem to care about anymore.)

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

that doesnt make them useful, that just makes them part of a terrible quest to get something else.

useful would be lie, give em better stats, more moves, or an evo. course to make unknowns useful you'd prob have to do all three

Glue

Snorunt = cool ^o^
that doesnt make them useful, that just makes them part of a terrible quest to get something else.

useful would be lie, give em better stats, more moves, or an evo. course to make unknowns useful you'd prob have to do all three

I think it would be useful, in fact I would love it if they did that. I never feel compelled to get any uknown because they are pretty weak, but if it unlocked a legendary that would be very cool, but I respect all opinions.

jubilife

Aspiring Author
Keep dreaming lol that's actually a really good idea ^_^ When I first read "going to the underground" in DPPt I was so excited to take the game to interesting new places chuck full of interesting new pokemon. Instead we got go dig through the sand box for treasure.... ugh.... I want gen V to explore the different spheres of the Pokeworld. Dive was awesome in RSE and I don't see why I can't vontrol fly or dig through a deep tunnel to reach some epic legend withouth running into 500 geodudes =/

Haha, I never got to experience the underground, as at the time my touchscreen wasn't working and I was waiting for the DSi to come out.

I hated dive, though. The main reason was I was getting sick of the water, especially the currents. That one part in Emerald when the weather was constantly switching from sunny to rainy back and forth to those terreibe sound effects whilst going seemingly endlessly to the right on the water sure didn't help, either.

Mercury Lamp

And there was snow..
I agree with some people who already said this: the 3rd generation was the worst. I wouldn't say bad per ce, but it had the smallest amount of improvements, some useless gameplay reductions (like the 24 hour clock-system, but the GBA-battery system kinda explains it)
Yes, maybe the clock system issue was a mistake, but the lack of the night/day addiction doesn't made it the worst. Remember 3rd generation introduced hidden values, natures and egg groups (which gave depth to battles that was only based on levels and types), it incorporated double battles, seriously, what can be better than a new battling mode which have its owns attacks and abilities? also it gave us pokemon contests and secret bases. 3rd gen provided more important changes to the gameplay than the 4th generation, i think that it provide even a bigger amount than the 4th one, Correct me if im wrong.

and the most redundant new Pokémon, most of which were just sloppy re-hashes of 1st generation
which ones are those re-hashes? if you mean something like butterfree and beautyfly,then i have to say every generation had its re-hashes.

Also, the overall plot was a bit sloppy (though DPPt are really the first ones to integrate an average plot, as RBY didn't really have anything and GSC was just beginning to incorporate one).
I wouldn't say a remade 3rd generation wasn't interesting, as I probably would still buy the game(s), but the source material just isn't up to par with the other remakes.
I dont know what its a bad plot for you, but i would rather a big region full of new tasks, with new teams like Hoenn than have to stop team rocket again.

I really like this generation.It was something totally new to its predecessors, Hoenn was the biggest region and dive made it wider also legendaries pokemon weren't as easy to find like others, and it was (at least for me) the hardest Generation.

Last edited:

Zalck

Back Again...
On a side note, why are people talking about R/S/E remakes? Ruby and Sapphire were a huge step backwards. It was terrible.
Was gunna comment on the terrible part... Then saw the pages that followed...
We are just 'speculating' (it is a speculation thread, right? Chekcing.. Checking... Yes, Yes it is) that since FrLg came with Gen 3, HgSs with Gen 4. So it made sense that Robust Ruby and Shining Sapphire would come with Gen 5...
Fire dark would be cool, wait, already done by houndoom :p. But grass dragon would be a very bad mix.
yes it could have great attacks but also a huge weakness: 4x ice
And that has stopped... how many dragon types?

I like Pokemon games to have higher levels earlier. And consider this. Heartgold and Soulsilver are remakes. What do remakes do? They remake a game, put most of the new features introduced in them, and add even more fun stuff (frlg: sevii islands, hgss: walking pokes and pokethalon). When remakes of Gen III come out, they will add everything that has developed since then. An example; Dive in 3D. That would be the most visually epic thing in the history of Pokemon unless they do something like that in B/W.
That would be Epic. Extremely...

Also, for the love of all things pokemon people, enough with the "shudder" light type/new type discussion already. It is not going to happen. Period. It is not worth the amount of effort it would take to incorporate it in to the game. Thus not happening. And, using the addition of two types in GSC as the example of why it could happen actually proves why it wouldn't. So enough with that. If anything, we will see new type combos, that's it.
Okay, you may SPECULATE that there will not be a new type. Unless you have evidential proof, you CANNOT say that it's not going to happen. Period.

I'd support a Cardinal for the regional bird. That or a Blue Jay. Or a Raven. I could also live with a Robin. I just want whatever it is to have three stages.
I was thinking... Fire/Fly for Cardinal. Water/Fly for Blue Jay. Something weird for Grass/Fly. Jut kinda came to me!

Back on topic: Bird of the region should be a freaking epic Bald Eagle.
We do. With freaking red, white, and blue wings. that would be B.A.

We need a better gorilla than SLaking.
Ground Sloth...

I wouldn't consider that a exaggeration, that made sense what she said.

I know! I am easily addicted, so the Unkown report actually made me catch them all... Even the punctuation! It would be cool to get a reward!

Blue-capped Ifrita as a poison/flying would be pretty neat. But it would be the wingull of the gen. ^ Slaking is more Gorilla than sloth
That would be sweet!
And, thank you. Ground sloth DOES NOT EQUAL Gorilla

On a side note:
Is it bad if it take long to load a page of forums? This page took 5 minutes... I dunno, is it the same for you guys?

Last edited:

PowerTrainer

I like the idea of breeding two different pokemon to get a new species, there are definitely some crossbreeds that would look amazing.
Also some pokemon need an evolution or they're never going to see the light of battle (Farfetch'd, Luvdisc, so on) and the way they integrated the new evolutions into 4th gen worked well, so it could happen again.
And more diversity between the games, like version specific evos and even different regions (I know that's asking a lot though)
Maybe a better spider pokemon too, I wasn't really satisfied with Ariados..

Status
Not open for further replies.