• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoadedKnife

I think gear should evolve based on its ability, Plus turning into some sort of positively charged-themed machine, while Minus does the opposite. I think interesting ways of evolving and variations make the player really want to collect Pokemon rather than just train them--after all, isn't that what Pokemon was about, initially?

As for Mamepato...I'm desperately wishing for a type change when it evolves. That seems unlikely, but I really think we need a Fight/Flying type, and Mamepato is so simple that it could really go into any direction, so why not Fighting?

Drajolt Trainer

PokeMaster
OK, my hopes and expectations for the newbies.

Chiramii- Chinslap (Chinchilla and Slap because it seems to use Slap attacks)
I'm going with the whole Ice/Normal thing, if only because the name "Chinchilly" would be EPIC for the evolution. Bigger, tuftier, light blue in places. Chinslap sounds like slapping a chin. Not a good name.

Munna- Lunant (Lunar and Anteater)
Lunar is the adjective for moon, and dreams happen at night, so... And the evolution will be a bipedal psychic anteater called Dreameater (Dream and Anteater). I hope it isn't a pre-evo of Drowzee.
Lunant isn't good either.

Tsutaja- Vinake (Vine and snake)
Fully evolved form I'm still hoping will be Electric/Grass. Will be called something like Viprest (Viper and Forest) Just doesn't sound good. But at least you agree with me on the typing!

Pokabu- Ashlet (Ash and Piglet)
Final evo will be an awesome four legged fire boar, named Boarferno. (Boar and Inferno) Piglit sound better.

Mijumaru- Wotter (Corruption of water and has the word otter in it)
Still hoping desperately for an awesome Water/Fighting Combo. Named Dojotter (Dojo and otter) I think Wotter sounds appropriate, but there might be better ones.

Shimama- Yeah, I'm going for Zebolt too, but for the evolved from. I'm going for Zebzap because it sounds "cute" (Zebra and Zap)
Evolved form is a Electric/Dark Zebra, named Zebolt. Zebzap does not sound "cute."

Meguroko- Sandile as well.
Hopefully it will stay a croc and will be a Dark.Ground bipedal crocodile named Croquake (Crocodile and Quake)

Hihidaruma- Darumape, same, I like it
Evo will be a pure fire orang-utan named Orangash (Orang-utan and ash) Hihidaruma doesn't need an evolution and the name isn't catchy.

Mamepato- Cerpidge, same, like it again.
Final evo would look good as a Peregrine. However, I'd prefer a Big pidgeon, I have other ideas for Peregrines. Cerpidge?

Peregrine idea- It's a final evo, but It's Ghost/Flying and it's called Peregrim (Peregrine and Grim)

Comments in bold

I also like your idea Beebar. :)

But I hope it is only one evil team and that the team focuses on other thing than only the main legendary, like team rocket's plots

Last edited:

Drajolt Trainer

PokeMaster
My Thoughts on Their Evolution
Tsutaja- It might evolve into a Grass/Electric cobra or an anaconda
Pokabu- A Fire/Ground boar
Mijumaru- A Water/Ice sea otter
Mamepato- It could go anyway, let's just hope it doesn't stay normal. Maybe it will become an eagle or a peregrine falcon
Chiramii- Maybe a Normal/Ice is in order
Hihadaruma- It needs to stay the same
Shimama- It might become an Electric/Dark horse
Gear- ???
Muuna- A Psychic elephant?
Meguroko- It's probably going to be a BA croc.

Last edited:
My Thoughts on Their Evolution
Tsutaja- It might evolve into a Grass/Electric cobra or an anaconda
Pokabu- A Fire/Ground boar
Mijumaru- A Water/Ice sea otter
Mamepato- It could go anyway, let's just hope it doesn't stay normal. Maybe it will become an eagle or a peregrine falcon
Chiramii- Maybe a Normal/Ice is in order
Hihadaruma- It needs to stay the same
Shimama- It might become an Electric/Dark horse
Gear- ???
Muuna- A Psychic elephant?
Meguroko- It's probably going to be a BA croc.
Tsutaja- I agree, but it needs arms, but should not look too much like rayquasa
Pokablu- I see momosvine rippoff, just switcing ice and ground
Mijamaru- maybe a water/psychic sea cow?
mamepato-Just one lame regional common normal/flying bird
Chiramii- Don't really need one, but if it's the regional rodent it will get one
Hihadaruma-Don't need one, rather a pre-evo
Shimama-Agree, just hope it have a good speed stat
Gear- More gears, like magneton and magnemite
muuna- probaly continue a baku origin psychic/ghost
Meguroko- quadpedal croc

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
No, those are just rough translations too.

Notice that even different sources translate them differently. Serebii translates the Croc's ability as Earthquake Spiral. Bulbapedia translates it as Overconfidence.

That's correct. If I remember correctly we used to call the maove 'Nasty Plot' (Dark) Scheme for quite some time, last gen.

On Topic; I hope we get an interesting, fresh new gym line up. Maybe starting with dark, psychic or fire instead of using rock/bug/grass/flying again as the 'weak' gyms.

I could definatly see a bug gym based on the bee/huney-like screen, and based on the map I can also see a gym based on a desert theme (maybe with the new crocodile (evo) and possibly hippo, cacturn, trapinch).

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
mamepato-Just one lame regional common normal/flying bird

Lame?

Obviously, you have never fought a Staraptor, or a Swellow with Guts+Facade active.

conflict7

Sinnoh League Victor
I know everyone wants it, so if GameFreak doesn't make a Dark Gym, I will personally stab them with a knife.

Rock is getting annoying as the first gym.
Obviously, you have never fought a Staraptor, or a Swellow with Guts+Facade active.
Yeah, Staraptor with I dunno, Close Combat? Takes away resistance from Rock and Steel... o_O

I did not meen stat,attack, and stategy, only talking about it's future appearance IMO

Yeah I have fought a cuple of Staraptor, they're devastating

Drajolt Trainer

PokeMaster
Concerning the rumors, the Yin/yang system seems impressive and more intricate. I'm glad too see this. The Pokemon count is good too. The green cobra seems a bit random, but they'll make it work. As for Minotauros, I like the idea, but I assume that GameFreak has given up the idea of counterparts. First, Pinsir and Weepinbell. Then, Electrode, Jynx, and Banette. And now Tauros. Hopefully these breaks will be reestablished.

Drajolt Trainer

PokeMaster
Concerning the rumors, the Yin/yang system seems impressive and more intricate. I'm glad too see this. The Pokemon count is good too. The green cobra seems a bit random, but they'll make it work. As for Minotauros, I like the idea, but I assume that GameFreak has given up the idea of counterparts. First, Pinsir and Weepinbell. Then, Electrode, Jynx, and Banette. And now Tauros. Hopefully these breaks will be reestablished.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
I think isshu is based on a 4 island archopalego that is connected by 4 main bridges. and one place has a airport

conflict7

Sinnoh League Victor
^ Airport maybe to get to another region? Just a thought. Except we don't need more than one region... HG/SS was a disaster...

And reading through some of the older conversations, I can't believe I got into it with Meganium Ex. He is f*cking hilarious.

Originally Posted by rocky505
First of I'm a guy not a girl
^
owl_orly.png

Bahahahahaha!

hitoshura0

I hope they ease up on the HM's, I cant handle 8 HM's (Possible new ones?) and force a HM mule, which I hate doing :S

We'll probably get 8 HMs again, but it'll be some new combination of them. And you don't need an HM slave. It's perfectly acceptable to use HMs on an in-game team.

WPM-Reborn

Ultimate Pokemon Fan
The fact that there has been untrue rumors on Pokebeach makes it not as reliable as Serebii. Serebii may take a little longer, but what they post is truth. Fact. Done. You don't have to question it, which makes Serebii more reliable.

You're forgetting that all rumors are labeled as such. It's not like we pass them off as the truth. And it's not like we're *always* posting rumors - I think it's just been this past week or so since many of them have come from credible sources, like the professor being a female and her name. The reason we *sometimes* post rumors is because a) they have the potential to be real, b) they show what was going around the community at the time (how fun is it to go back to the G/S days, R/S days, and D/P days to see what people were thinking?), and c) some of these rumors can lead to the truth or to potential other sources "coming out of the closet" to reveal other stuff. Plus posting rumors keeps everyone on track - if people keep hearing on forums that there will be triple battles, yet no site addresses it as a rumor, many of the childrens will think it's actually real. That's why I like posting rumors - I think it gives us something a little extra.

conflict7

Sinnoh League Victor
You're forgetting that all rumors are labeled as such. It's not like we pass them off as the truth. And it's not like we're *always* posting rumors - I think it's just been this past week or so since many of them have come from credible sources, like the professor being a female and her name. The reason we *sometimes* post rumors is because a) they have the potential to be real, b) they show what was going around the community at the time (how fun is it to go back to the G/S days, R/S days, and D/P days to see what people were thinking?), and c) some of these rumors can lead to the truth or to potential other sources "coming out of the closet" to reveal other stuff. Plus posting rumors keeps everyone on track - if people keep hearing on forums that there will be triple battles, yet no site addresses it as a rumor, many of the childrens will think it's actually real. That's why I like posting rumors - I think it gives us something a little extra.

If by giving us something a little extra you mean "messing with little kids" then yes.
There are people out there that read something like "Pokemon now have the ability to have 12 types! Charizard will be Fire/Flying/Dragon/Mystical/Lizard/Light/Dark/Jesus typing now!" and believe it and start posting it everywhere.
(If anyone reading this is that kind of person, the max is still 2 types.)

Status
Not open for further replies.