• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It could be normal too. The roller coaster could just symbolize fun in general, and not anything like "Oh, Steel goes into it, and you need electricity to work it!"

Normal could represent fun!

Although I would think Electric would be more probable than Normal (and Steel would be too, but not as much as Electric.)

Normal is usually pretty bland... not fun o_O

Yoshifan22

not a fan?
I honestly woudn't mind a normal gym leader. We've only had one so far and normal pokemon can actually be pretty interesting.

but there also was the flying gym leaders in the old games that had several normal/flyings. So normal has been used decently in the gym leaders.

rocky505

I think it may be a steel gym since we have had an electric gym 3/4 times already.

Silver_Seoul

I for one believe the rollercoaster Gym to either be Psychic or Dark. Just look at the color scheme of the building!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I honestly woudn't mind a normal gym leader. We've only had one so far and normal pokemon can actually be pretty interesting.

Oh I've got nothing against another Normal Gym. I was just saying that Normal doesn't evoke images of 'fun' it's just what it is, normal.

but there also was the flying gym leaders in the old games that had several normal/flyings. So normal has been used decently in the gym leaders.

They don't count. All Flying types are dual typed, most with Normal.

Brave Birdy

when was it announced that the rollercoaster place was a gym?

It was never announced, just speculated, and in my opinion, it seems very likely that it is a gym, given that there is a single trainer standing above the same symbol that we see hanging outside a building, which would all make sense if the place really was a gym.

bonslet

Personally, I think the roller coaster gym (and to the person who asked if it's confirmed as a gym, it's not- but it apparently has a logo in it that was seen in the honey gym too) will be steel and electric based. The main reason I think this is because I believe it will be the debut of the mighty Gear and its evolution (which I'm almost 100% certain it will have one, because from the most recent footage it would have around base ~30 HP, and I don't think any fully evolved pokemon has base HP that low), and that Gear will be what generates the electricity to power the rides. Gear already has electric relations with its Plus and Minus abilities anyways, not to mention there is the Magnemite line for perfect synergy with this idea.

Legger

Johto PKMN Champion
Well, nowadays Pokemon IS definitely going out there now, so I wouldn't throw a two-typed Gym completely down the drain. You know, considering they have 3 on 3 now, anything is possible, even though I somewhat doubt it for no good reason.

I have a lot of speculation and mind food towards a lot of this.

First of all the ying-yang thing, two black & white dragons, with two different types - Fire and Electric.

Does it scream Flint and Volkner? Yes.

Did it mention two jungle-like Pokemon with those types? Yes, Gorilla and Zebra.

There's definitely something important about those two types in this game, that we're going to see a lot of, so prepare yourself for Fire types and Electric types. I guess they just realized the lack of Fire Pokemon in the Sinnoh games, and the lack of Electric overall, considering there isn't a huge amount.

Also, another speculation I have is, Shimama, the Zebra, has some kind of relation to Luxray. They're both Electric Pokemon, share the same color-scheme and they're jungle animal type similar. Now whether that this relationship just means Luxray will also learn Wild Bolt, the new attack, they still have to have some kind of relationship.

Now moving towards what abilities the game will hold...

Considering that the game is uploadable onto a website held by the Pokemon website, obviously there's going to be a lot more Wi-Fi or internet abilities. Since there's places where you transform into your "avatar form", it just screams MMO capabilities. This ability, if true, would probably only consist when you're on the internet, not on the ds, where the random battles and whatnot exist. The DS connection would also be harder to hold all that information, the trainers, the Pokemon all on one go, but a decent internet connection could. This still lies in speculation for me.

Of course they'll stick to the 8 badges, elite four and one champion. Some of these types will be the same, and others will be different hopefully. I honestly don't mind what I'll see, but I'm just glad to see like super awesome roller coasters in a gym!

DISCUSS.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
It could be normal too. The roller coaster could just symbolize fun in general, and not anything like "Oh, Steel goes into it, and you need electricity to work it!"

Normal could represent fun!

Although I would think Electric would be more probable than Normal (and Steel would be too, but not as much as Electric.)

Or Dark. Ever since I read Something Wicked This Way Comes I immediately associate carnivals with darkness. So I'm really hoping it's a dark gym.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Or Dark. Ever since I read Something Wicked This Way Comes I immediately associate carnivals with darkness. So I'm really hoping it's a dark gym.

I honestly first scoffed at the idea of the Gym being Dark type. I thought "Yes the gym with bright flashy lights is the Dark Gym." But then if I think of someone similar to Karen running it the idea doesn't sound too strange. In G/S she looked like she was dressed for a night on the town.

Allenkun

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/2010/06/26/rumor-more-new-pokemon-and-characters-revealed/

^
Something I found interesting. This is one of the rumors I came across while googling Pokemon Black and White. It appears to be some sort of production art for the anime. What I found interesting was the Pokemon.

There seems to be evolution for Tsutarja and Mijumaru, a taller sleeker version of Tsutarja, and Mijumaru's evolution which reminds me of Buizel for some reason.

There is also some rock-like bat pokemon and an adorable... mouse pokemon? No not Pikachu that thing by Jesse.

I have no clue if this has been mentioned in this thread but I decided to post it just in case it wasn't.

D*N

Musical Star
http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/2010/06/26/rumor-more-new-pokemon-and-characters-revealed/

^
Something I found interesting. This is one of the rumors I came across while googling Pokemon Black and White. It appears to be some sort of production art for the anime. What I found interesting was the Pokemon.

There seems to be evolution for Tsutarja and Mijumaru, a taller sleeker version of Tsutarja, and Mijumaru's evolution which reminds me of Buizel for some reason.

There is also some rock-like bat pokemon and an adorable... mouse pokemon? No not Pikachu that thing by Jesse.

I have no clue if this has been mentioned in this thread but I decided to post it just in case it wasn't.

It is already mentioned more than ones.
And it is proven to be false.

D*N

Musical Star

It doesn't look a steel gym....neither a steel gym.
I gues are best bets are electric/psychic or dark.
And I think your statment is good about carnivals and dark.
well done.

Electric

Since Isshu is apparently the most advanced region in technology, I would like something other than a bike to ride (as already speculated.) I'm so sick of running into wild Pokemon every 2 seconds just because you use the bike, but isn't it confirmed that you can drive vehicles anyways?

TheUltimateTrainer

The lost trainer
Since Isshu is apparently the most advanced region in technology, I would like something other than a bike to ride (as already speculated.) I'm so sick of running into wild Pokemon every 2 seconds just because you use the bike, but isn't it confirmed that you can drive vehicles anyways?
no, they won't let us drive vechles, the main characters're under 18

Status
Not open for further replies.