• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
I'm sure there are, but I don't know any more. I would imagine, though, that a lot of the 4th gen evos were intended to be 3rd gen. It'd be stupid to think that they intended to release 30 new evos in one game.

actually, froslass looks 3 gen, maybe roserade and budew too...

but i dont get why everyone is saying the mijumaru evo looks lie marshtomp, i cant see it, i only can see its head and feet clearly, but those dont look like marstomp at all, isnt there a clearer pic

Phantom champion Z

Yeah, the only grass pokemon that are even remotely masculine are the starters. That's part of the reason I don't like Grass types the other reason is that they're kind of forced with the amount of Water/Ground types they keep making. I hope this gen they don't make any, or they make a whole bunch of viable grass types (the only ones even remotely worth considering are the starters, Roserade, and Bellossom)

what? Abomasnow,breloom, cacturn, carnivine, cradily, exeggutor, leafeon, ludicolo, parasect, shaymin sky, shiftry, tangrowth, tropius and victrybell and their evos cant be masculine?
Someone brought this up earlier, but I don't think Jynx would get an evo because of the racism controversy surrounding it.

We had this discussion a few pages ago, and for the most part I agree, but it kinda depends. First of all, it is actually useful if it can learn new moves that could actually benefit its evolved form (like giving Wynaut Encore). Second, it allows you to get more useful pokemon earlier on. Although this is situational, as it depends on the placement of wild pokemon in the game. When we were discussing this earlier, I mentioned how the Odd Egg from Crystal is only useful depending on the pokemon it gives you. They range from the likes of Pichu, Elekid, and Magby (invaluable Kanto pokemon with types that are rare in the game) all the way down to Togepi and Igglybuff (incredibly useless pokemon that you can already get). Other than that, the only game so far in which that statement applies would be DPPt, which is the first and only set of games where you can actually catch baby pokemon. They made Budew available from the start basically, and that made Roselia and its new evo Roserade household pokemon. Chingling made the ever rare Chimecho easier to get and early on the game. And then there was Munchlax and Bonsly, which made previously one-shot pokemon more common. So preevos can be useful in some ways, but it's entirely situational.

You're the first person to have asked this, so I'll ask you this question: Why in God's name is it so imperative to have an Eeveelution for every type? That seems entirely unnecessary.

Why not? Whats wrong with having one of every type.

Lapras is too strong and rare for an evolution. It would be a great candidate for a preevo.

Scyther maybe. But if you look at what I said about preevos in this post, you'll understand that Onix is encountered too early in the game to get a preevo.

Ugh. I don't know about anyone else, but I hated most of the 3rd gen pokemon. They were mostly rip-offs of older pokemon (and such older pokemon were actually better) or incredibly dull. I hope most of the 5th gen guys aren't like that.

Give me a few examples please.

It still looks like a snake to me. And grass/flying isn't really that good a combo because it's weak to a lot of popular types and double weak to ice.
i agree

Yeah, let's hope Mijumaru's final evolution isn't an Empoleon rip-off. But based on the picture, I agree. Mijumaru's evolution is original enough to give the little guy some hope. And Tsutaja's evolution looks even more badass, I am so picking him as my starter.

Tsutaja's evo looks weird to me right now ill wait till i see his official art.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
@Phantom champion Z: Most of those, no.

As for Hoenn pokemon, let me think:

Poochyena/Mightyena: Ripoff of Houndour line. Doesn't even get as many good Dark type moves.
Wingull/Pelipper: Overall dull pokemon. Horrible typing (Water/Flying) makes it suffer.
Surskit/Masquerain: Generic bug type.
Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir: Ripoff of Abra line
Whismur line: Boring, generic normal types.
Mawile: All around horrible pokemon. It is noteworthy of being the first pure Steel type, but that's not too big an accomplishment
Aron line: Battle wise, these guys are one of the better 3rd gen pokes, but Lairon and Aggron look like Steel type Rhyhorn and Rhydon.
Plusle/Minun: Pikachu ripoffs
Spoink/Grumpig: Generic Psychic types.
Spinda: Generic Normal type.
Barboach/Whiscash: Lackluster Water/Ground type. Also, Water/Ground is one of the most annoying type combinations because it forces the usefulness of Grass types, and there are two few good Grass types.
Corphish/Crawdaunt: Ripoff of Krabby line
Baltoy/Claydol: Unique type combination, but generic pokemon.
Fossils: Most fossils are boring anyway, but these guys take the cake. Anorith/Armaldo are overrated and Lileep/Cradily are just plain useless.
Feebas/Milotic: Ripoff of Gyarados. Also kind of sucks for something so absurdly rare. Milotic is too defensive.
Tropius: Its only use is as an HM slave.
Spheal line: Ripoff of Seel.
Luvdisc: Incredibly weak and too girly. Although I might get over it if they give him a good evo.

Overall, most of the 3rd gen pokemon are incredibly dull and generic and were outshined by their previous gen counterparts. It annoyed the hell out of me that they removed a lot of the older, better pokemon for this sorry bunch (not to mention a lot of the ones they left in were some of the more inferior pokemon from the 1st and 2nd gen).

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
@black doom:
tropius... only a slave, the beautiful milotic... a rip-off of ugly garyados.
snif sniff :( meanie...
no but seriously you named almost most of my favs, but thats your oppinion, they cant please everyone at the same time you know

Electric

Look at Shellos's Pokedex entry for Diamond version:

"Its colors and shapes differ from region to region. In the Sinnoh region, two types are confirmed."
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/422.shtml

That means we're probably gonna see another form of Shellos, because the Isshu region is extremely far away from Sinnoh, not to mention that there are already 2 forms of Shellos in Sinnoh itself so I'm betting on a 3rd (or more) form of Shellos in Isshu.

SmashHero24

The One Who Knocks
does anyone else feel like the evo to Muji...ma....something the water guy is gonna be fighting type?

SmashHero24

The One Who Knocks
Does anyone else feel like the evo to Muji...ma....something the water guy is gonna be fighting type?

PurplePoctopus

Silver Fangirl
Tsu is looking a lot like a grass/dragon... and mijumaru is definitely looking like it's part fighting. I'm curious as to why pokabu's evo isn't on that sheet. :/

Electric

Tsutarja's evolution looks just the same as Tsutarja, just bigger body proportions and leaves on its body. Dislike.

Look at Shellos's Pokedex entry for Diamond version:

"Its colors and shapes differ from region to region. In the Sinnoh region, two types are confirmed."
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/422.shtml

That means we're probably gonna see another form of Shellos, because the Isshu region is extremely far away from Sinnoh, not to mention that there are already 2 forms of Shellos in Sinnoh itself so I'm betting on a 3rd (or more) form of Shellos in Isshu.
The same applies to Mantyke's back however it is unlikely because then we would have the abillity to catch them in the wild(they didn't get new forms in HG/SS but weren't native there either)and they have comfirmed that there is few old pokemon in Isshu. And I don't think Shellos or mantyke s yhe pokemon they're going with from older regions.

Bardische

Elegance.
If you guys had any imagination whatsoever, you can speculate that Tsutarja's evo can actually turn out to be part Dragon-type. The leaf-shaped protrusions on it's tail, which like Croconaw's, are spiky. If you can look at it as a take on the ridges of a classic dragon, it could actually be a sign that it end up as one.
Well that's just me, and don't call me stupid for this. It's not a stupid idea. It's a wish. Or speculation. A wishulation. K, that sounded like a medical term for uncontrollable peeing.

Mijumaru can actually end up half-Fighting as well. It appears to be wearing a toga, and the shape on it's head makes it look like it's wearing a gladiator helmet. And no, don't freakin' backlash my statement against me with Gallade.
Again, this is speculation on it's type.

The bat has a lot of potential.Actually.

Based on it's salivating expression, which when you look at it, it's hungry for something, it can definitely have Leech Life, but can also learn Lick. It could also be special-based this time around. And probably defensive. Oh I wish, I wish.

Phantom champion Z

@Phantom champion Z: Most of those, no.

As for Hoenn pokemon, let me think:

Poochyena/Mightyena: Ripoff of Houndour line. Doesn't even get as many good Dark type moves.Houndoom was part fire. it was kind of thin and sleek while mightyenna was pure dark and is a phisical attacker. whith a more wild and hevier look to him they look nothing alike other than being quadrapeds and hane black in their color scheme
Wingull/Pelipper: Overall dull pokemon. Horrible typing (Water/Flying) makes it suffer.Yeah i hate this guy too, but you said most 3 gen pkmn were rip offs but it was an original concept.
Surskit/Masquerain: Generic bug type.i liked these guys alot they should have kept the water typing. an original concept thtat you dont like, so you call it genaric
Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir: Ripoff of Abra lineOnce again they have nothing in common other than a type. their evolution trees are very different. gardevoir has the stats of a special tank and is used as a support. while alakazam has the stats for a special sweeper
Whismur line: Boring, generic normal types.A sound based pokemon an original concept
Mawile: All around horrible pokemon. It is noteworthy of being the first pure Steel type, but that's not too big an accomplishment
Aron line: Battle wise, these guys are one of the better 3rd gen pokes, but Lairon and Aggron look like Steel type Rhyhorn and Rhydon.
Plusle/Minun: Pikachu ripoffs
Spoink/Grumpig: Generic Psychic types.
Spinda: Generic Normal type.
Barboach/Whiscash: Lackluster Water/Ground type. Also, Water/Ground is one of the most annoying type combinations because it forces the usefulness of Grass types, and there are two few good Grass types.
Corphish/Crawdaunt: Ripoff of Krabby line
Baltoy/Claydol: Unique type combination, but generic pokemon.
Fossils: Most fossils are boring anyway, but these guys take the cake. Anorith/Armaldo are overrated and Lileep/Cradily are just plain useless.
Feebas/Milotic: Ripoff of Gyarados. Also kind of sucks for something so absurdly rare. Milotic is too defensive.
Tropius: Its only use is as an HM slave.
Spheal line: Ripoff of Seel.
Luvdisc: Incredibly weak and too girly. Although I might get over it if they give him a good evo.

Overall, most of the 3rd gen pokemon are incredibly dull and generic and were outshined by their previous gen counterparts. It annoyed the hell out of me that they removed a lot of the older, better pokemon for this sorry bunch (not to mention a lot of the ones they left in were some of the more inferior pokemon from the 1st and 2nd gen).

I was going to comment on every statement but i dont have the patience to do it. You have some good points, but like i said i dont have the patience to explain to you my points. Its your opinion,and you are entitled to dislike the 3rd gen but you dont have to state things as facts by calling a pokemon generic. when most of them had original concepts.

TehLulzMastur

I know that Nintendo won't do this, but how about an epilouge where you visit an older region? They did it for G/S, so why haven't they done it afterwards?

Bardische

Elegance.
I know that Nintendo won't do this, but how about an epilouge where you visit an older region? They did it for G/S, so why haven't they done it afterwards?

I honestly don't get how some people (new members, mostly) never bother to read any taboos regarding pokemon speculation and end up not knowing a crap of what not to talk about lest you wanna get bashed for it.

So, G/S/C was supposed to be a sequel to R/B/Y. A few reasons that made it happen was: the regions were connected to each other, so why not?

Also, they pretty much solidified the features that were unknowingly lacking in Gen I. Gen II pretty much introduced every single aspect of pokemon that was staple through the years, so another freakin' sequel would be impractical. That started with Generation III.

And another thing: I got nothing. That's about it. Anyone else care to add their own critique?

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Venesaur is fairly masculine and has one of the fancier flowers in the series.
But Venusaur itself is ugly, haha.

Exactly. Haha.

But in all seriousness I don't think "masculine" was the right word to use, since I'm probably the farthest thing from being "masculine". I think I meant just for it to look intimidating, or... honestly, I just don't know how to describe it. I'm too picky when it comes to picking Pokemon haha. I'm just hoping there will be a grass Pokemon that I'll just instantly find amazing.

No! The only region that would be worth visiting would be Hoenn, and we're likely to get remakes of RS for that. We just got Sinnoh and Johto, so those are out of the question. Kanto came back in FRLG and in HGSS. We definitely do not need to see that region again.

Status
Not open for further replies.