• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

hever

022611229PM
180px-115Kangaskhan.png
bwtoy2-150x150.jpg

Yes? No.

*sighs* this again!? for the last time people, mr. mime's japanese name was BARRIERD! it's not meant to be a gender specific species! jeez....

Nice link. Also, there should NOT be 17 Eeveelutions. That's a little much, don't you think? But there should be a pure Flying-type. Maybe something that never stops flying.

In Japan, Mr. Mime is Barrierd!! It will not get a female evolution solely based on name!

Notice that I said "Mime Jr." It's obvious that Mr. Mime will not get a female alternate because of the name.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
if mijmaru is a clone of piplup cause of its colours then piplup is a clone of dragonair, poliwag line, wailord, and tons of other pokemon.

Not just in color, in body shape as well. If you look at it, you have to admit there's a resemblance. In retrospect, people who think it's a clone have to (and already have) admitted that there are differences. People who are provoking this clone/not a clone debate are the people who have to state their opinion on how it's not a clone. We get it, etc, but people have their opinions. It doesn't matter whether it is or not, does it? If you like it, you use it. If not, don't use it. Done.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Notice that I said "Mime Jr." It's obvious that Mr. Mime will not get a female alternate because of the name.

The same argument still applies. It doesn't make sense for Mime. Jr. to get a female only evolution. That's like saying Wailmer should get a female only evolution.

Defiantly a no look at kangaskhan's pouch it looks nothing like it.

Definitely*

Very different meanings.

hever

022611229PM
The same argument still applies. It doesn't make sense for Mime. Jr. to get a female only evolution. That's like saying Wailmer should get a female only evolution.

I was referring more to a branch evo similar to Snorunt.

180px-115Kangaskhan.png
bwtoy2-150x150.jpg

Yes? No.

It does look like it could be a Kangaskahn pre-evolution if you squint. However, I've always pictured its pre-evolution would look like the baby in its pouch.

hever

022611229PM
It does look like it could be a Kangaskahn pre-evolution if you squint. However, I've always pictured its pre-evolution would look like the baby in its pouch.

I saw a post pertaining to such speculation in another forum, and I thought it would be interesting, seeing how it sort of look like Kangaskahn.

I know what you were referring to. Snorunt got a split evolution (along with Kirlia) because those evolutions looks very masculine/feminine. Mr. Mime is neutral. There's no reason.

Being neutral does not mean it can't have a female exclusive evo. And the name itself makes the pokemon appear "masculine."

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I know what you were referring to. Snorunt got a split evolution (along with Kirlia) because those evolutions looks very masculine/feminine. Mr. Mime is neutral. There's no reason.

Hold on. How exactly is Glalie remotely masculine looking?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Being neutral does not mean it can't have a female exclusive evo. And the name itself makes the pokemon appear "masculine."

And as people have explained to you it's Japanese name is Barriered. And since the Pokemon are created by Japanese people creating a female evolution would make no sense.

Hold on. How exactly is Glalie remotely masculine looking?

Have you looked at it? o_O

Big, bulky, menacing.

Drajolt Trainer

PokeMaster
I saw a post pertaining to such speculation in another forum, and I thought it would be interesting, seeing how it sort of look like Kangaskahn.

But the masculine name means nothing to the Japanese.

hever

022611229PM
And as people have explained to you it's Japanese name is Barriered. And since the Pokemon are created by Japanese people creating a female evolution would make no sense.

But the masculine name means nothing to the Japanese.

And I'm sure they are aware of the English counterpart of the name. Calm yourselves down, kind folks, we are merely discussing speculations/wishes/hopes in this thread.

Drajolt Trainer

PokeMaster
There should be an option that allows quicker access to HMs on the field. For example, if you were to press A near the water, and you had a surfing Pokemon with you, you would automatically surf.

Also, when you catch a Pokemon, and there is no more room in your party, the game will let you choose which box to put it in.

Finally, the Pokemon should relate more to the Pokedex entries. For example, Pichu should get a little hurt when it uses Electric attacks, and Slowbro should evolve when in reaches the evolution level while Shellder is in the party.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
And I'm sure they are aware of the English counterpart of the name. Calm yourselves down, kind folks, we are merely discussing speculations/wishes/hopes in this thread.

I'm not excited.

Whether they are aware or not (I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't) doesn't matter. They don't create Pokemon for us, and they wouldn't alter their original idea just because we did.

hever

022611229PM
I'm not excited.

Whether they are aware or not (I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't) doesn't matter. They don't create Pokemon for us, and they wouldn't alter their original idea just because we did.

Please tell me who they're creating pokemon for? They surely are not creating it for themselves if they want profit and cash inside their pockets. And no one is asking them to alter their "original idea."

Swine Trio

Bacon Lover
So, me and a friend were talking about Kangaskhan, and how they need to have a baby form of it in this generation. As a joke he said how he thought Kangaskhan was just Sandshrew with a cool hat on it.

So my wish for this generation is sort of like that.

Taking old Generation Pokemon, and giving them evolutionary links. Like if you give Sandshrew an item it can evolve into Kangaskhan . Or A baby form of Plusle and Minun. Or even a link between those two and the Pikachu family.

Just saying not as many new Pokemon, maybe some new ways to get to certain Pokemon, though. It could be funny or fun how you get to them.

Not saying these exact things, but something similar to this. And if they do, a needed for me would be a baby form of Miltank and Tauros, where the gender of it decides which it evolves into.

League

Master Abra Catcher
I'd like to see an Unown evo. It could have a second type matching its Hidden Power; I'd also like to see an attack called Reconfigure or something, where it changes its IVs on the spot in battle temporarily. (This could also be used outside of battle to reconfigure them until used again as well.) I'd also like to see a "group of Unown attack" or something. Maybe there could be an attack that attacks 17 different times, one time each with a power of 5 or so, each element. The Psychic and 2nd type elemental attacks would each have power of seven and a half; all in all, it'd be 90 before figuring in each element's type coverage.

It'd also be cool if Unown could become a dual-type Psychic. It'd make for a powerhouse if it got the move Psychic.

killer74

nananana elmos world
a couple of animals that would be cool

koala - grass or normal maybe both
polar bear - ice/normal with a thick fat ability
kangaroo - fighting with boxing gloves similar to ;107; because ;115; isn't a kangaroo
moose - have stantler evolve into a crazy gigantic moose
liger - ligers are awesome make it some crazy combo like fire/electric
cheetah - the 2nd fastest pokemon ever after speed deoxys. Ability: Quick Start, opposite of Slow Start.
gryphon- mythical beast that can be a legendary pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.