• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

D*N

Musical Star
Here's what I want.

Pokemon:

Moar Poison types.there much poison types, they need more electric and fire

Evolutions for Luvdisc, Farfetch'd, Delibird, Jynx, Phione, and Banette.phione is a legend, it haves manaphy!, doesn't need one.

Koffing pre-evolution, and an NPC to give you its egg.

Tauros/Miltank pre-evolution.

Poison and Dragon Eeveelutions.probably only dragon, if getting evo

Denchura to be Electric/Poison.hope for electric/bug, since it is a spider.

Eevee+Leaf Stone=Leafeon.impossible because in other games it won't work.

Items:

Something like the GB sounds, but allows you to select remixed music from any region.there's no GBA version music from Isshu because it didn't excist

An item that reduces a Pokémon's level by one.makes no sense, why would you make your pokemon a level lower? you want to train them right?

Return of the Pokegear.

No regional Pokedex. National Dex right from the start.impossible, really 600+ pokemon in one region?XD, just NO.

comments in bold

Actually, I like the lover by one level by one item, but only if it can devolve a pokemon by bringing them below there evolution level. Let you retrain your tyroge if it evolves wrong and the like.

R_N

Actually, I like the lover by one level by one item, but only if it can devolve a pokemon by bringing them below there evolution level. Let you retrain your tyroge if it evolves wrong and the like.

Or you could just save before the level up, and reset the game if you don't get the desirable result.

Maybe use some vitamins.
Perhaps a rare candy so EVs don't get in the way.
Maybe a few ev-reducing berries

Grei

not the color

That's too similar to Digimon. You can't suddenly take something away from a frog to turn it back into a tadpole, and you can't give something to a butterfly to make it revert to a caterpillar. Pokemon is no different.

Sponge

I was thinking earlier...

It would be nice if there was a tribal like village in the game, that would maybe support the Nature VS Technology theme (on the nature side)

Something like Fortree city in Hoenn but maybe even less civilised/touched by technology.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
@Mahnmut: Sure, why not? Donphan used to be able to get Water Gun in previous games (back in the good old days of GBC), but can't now. There are consistency problems already; one more can't hurt.

@D*N and Snowyarticuno: Suppose you got a Pokemon at level 100 you wanted to fix the EV's on. That's why you would need the item. That, and it would explain how you get things like the level 10 Seakings on HGSS.

A few things I'd like to see:
-Trading entire PC boxes across games. It would make things so much easier.
-If they make another Pokemon Farm-type storage, keep it compatable with future Gen. 5 games.
-Moar Berries
-No more new pre-evos. The only one with a point in the first place was Tyrouge, and while a few are okay, Gen. IV's push it as it is.
-New type combos. Normal/Ghost and Fire/Water are too cool to pass up. (I know they're rumors, but hey).
-Return of the Vs. Seeker. Phone calls are obnoxious on just about every game they're on, and I really don't need to know about whose Ratatta is in the top percentage.
-Lots of new, interesting hold items and abilities. We're already seeing some interesting new abilities, but I'd like more.

Mahnmut

Medic Trainer
@Mahnmut: Sure, why not? Donphan used to be able to get Water Gun in previous games (back in the good old days of GBC), but can't now. There are consistency problems already; one more can't hurt.

Yeah I get what you want to say but I just don't see it ever going to work
(maybe except when they need to hold an item before using the leaf stone but other than that, not really)
changing the way of evolving just seems risky to do. (even if it would make things go easier)

ForteAnly

@D*N and Snowyarticuno: Suppose you got a Pokemon at level 100 you wanted to fix the EV's on. That's why you would need the item. That, and it would explain how you get things like the level 10 Seakings on HGSS.

-If they make another Pokemon Farm-type storage, keep it compatable with future Gen. 5 games.
-Moar Berries
-No more new pre-evos. The only one with a point in the first place was Tyrouge, and while a few are okay, Gen. IV's push it as it is.
-New type combos. Normal/Ghost and Fire/Water are too cool to pass up. (I know they're rumors, but hey).
-Return of the Vs. Seeker. Phone calls are obnoxious on just about every game they're on, and I really don't need to know about whose Ratatta is in the top percentage.
-Lots of new, interesting hold items and abilities. We're already seeing some interesting new abilities, but I'd like more.

I agree with your wish list. I'm hoping all or some of those ideas are implemented into the games.

dasmrh

I think a ghost/steel type pokemon would be cool. A haunted suit of armor or something along those lines. It could be a great wall: 3 immunities, 8 resistances, and only 2 weaknesses. Tack on levitate and it has 4 immunities with a weakness only to fire. Since ghost and steel are both weak offensive types, it could have pretty weak att/sp. att but great defence/sp. defence or both. Obviously, if they were both good neither one could be that high, but still, it could be a really viable wall and also a much-needed reason to use a fire pokemon.

I also agree with what most people are saying about the pokemon that are just begging for evolutions, but I don't think they should go overboard. I like new pokes and they need to save some for next gen.

Also, I just would like to see a bit more balance between the different types.

Achernar

star-mapping pro
Who says the regional dex has to be 150? RSE's was 200 and Platinum's was 210. So they could have it go to 175-200 and that would give you room for previous gen pokemon.

'coz basing on that rumor posted, it is assumed that Reshiram and Zekrom's regional dex numbers are 149 and 150 respectively, which is usual for the legends to be placed on the last part of the dex.

don't tell me, they would place non-legendaries after them on the regional dex?! @_@

hitoshura0

'coz basing on that rumor posted, it is assumed that Reshiram and Zekrom's regional dex numbers are 149 and 150 respectively, which is usual for the legends to be placed on the last part of the dex.

don't tell me, they would place non-legendaries after them on the regional dex?! @_@

Right there is the fallacy in your argument. Unless it is confirmed, don't believe it.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Also, I just would like to see a bit more balance between the different types.

I don't see them changing the type chart, and I think it's fine the way it is, anyway. The only thing I'd like to see is a type that normal moves are strong against. But I doubt that would ever happen because the point of them being normal is that they don't have any special abilities.

dasmrh

I don't mean that they should change the type charts, just bring more attacks, abilities, and decent pokemon to bring types like poison, fire, grass, and normal up to the level of most other pokes. They've made strides toward this with gen. 4, but I think they could do even more.

A good Ghost steel type would be a perfect damage sponge.

On that note I want to see two moves that calculate their damage by matching the Pokemon's DEF or SP.DEF stats. Like DEF versions of Gyro Ball.

I also want to see a Pure flying type pokemon. Please!

other good types:
Dark/Steel : cool move pool, down in a flash vs fighting
Poison/Psychic : Lock you down kill you slowly.

and for lulz:

Normal/Ghost: never since ditto vs ditto has a mirror match led to such nothing. AKA, you can't hit your self.

I hope we get a flying, a steel, and a Poison Eevee.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Though I agree that I want Isshu to be bigger than Sinnoh, Sinnoh was by no stretch of the imagination a "small region". When you only have Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn to compare to, Sinnoh is the largest.

While Sinnoh is not a small region, it's not the biggest, Hoenn is. This is how the regions rank from largest to smallest: Hoenn, Sinnoh, Kanto + Sevii Islands, Isshu, Kanto without Sevii Islands, Johto.

Isshu is "more technologically advanced". However, since there seems to be a Nature vs. Technology theme in Isshu, I think it makes perfect sense for all of the cities to be clustered while the rest of the region is explorable nature.
Yeah, we've got all of the main cities clustered into the center part of the region. But what about all of the structures that are outside of that cluster? Surely, there is explorable areas that lead to those locations.

There's little nature to explore, though. There's too few routes in Isshu.

Small distance between cities=/=Small region. The cities can be clustered as they are but I think that Isshu is much larger than Sinnoh. Sinnoh had a number of towns, but it was separated by a huge mountain. It was large. However, Isshu has three sections of landmass, all of them with a number of locations dotting them.

This is some of the worst logic I've ever heard. Sinnoh had roughly the same amount of cities but more routes and bigger routes. Same amount of cities + Further distance apart = Bigger region.

As of right now, we cannot tell for sure how big Isshu is. But in reality, I don't see any reason to think that Isshu is smaller than Sinnoh. Just because it's got a lot more nature in between all of it's locations does not make it a small region, so I don't understand where that's coming from.

Sinnoh is the one that has more nature in between. Therefore, it's bigger.

You don't even know that, so quit saying it.We don't have any proof of this at all. We don't even know how many cities there are, and the map art doesn't clearly show any of the routes.

The map clearly shows the amount of cities (I think thirteen) and the routes are as long as Sinnoh's, but in fewer number.

The only thing that really makes Sinnoh big is the Battle Zone, and if you ask me, it shouldn't be counted as part of Sinnoh any more than the Seviis as part of Kanto.

No, even without the Battle Zone, it's the same amount of cities with more routes in between.

well we've actually only seen the top of the in-game map and that was due to the fact that it was for the high-link, which only allows you to roam the northern areas of isshu.

No, they showed us the bottom part of the region. Not that there's much to it (it's a linear route from the start in southeastern Isshu to the city that's north of Hiun City.

Evolutions for Luvdisc, Farfetch'd, Delibird, Jynx, Phione, and Banette.

Phione doesn't need one. Other than that, they're okay.

Poison and Dragon Eeveelutions.

I'd prefer if they didn't make any more eeveelutions. Although if they really have to, the only one I'd like is a Dragon, because we could use more non-Uber Dragons (and for the sake of the argument, I'm counting every legendary and pseudo-legendary as an uber, even though that's not true).

Denchura to be Electric/Poison.

Aside from being double weak to Ground, that's a pretty good type combination.

Eevee+Leaf Stone=Leafeon.

Then how would we evolve Eevee into Glaceon.

Something like the GB sounds, but allows you to select remixed music from any region.

Doesn't sound feasible.

An item that reduces a Pokémon's level by one.

Why?

No regional Pokedex. National Dex right from the start.

Maybe.

No one trades entire boxes in one sitting. I've never traded more than 10 at once.

This. If they ever bring back the phone, they should only have them call you for something important (battling, items, etc.)

R_N

Getting a Pokemon to level 100 takes a considerable amount of time, regardless of training sources and leveling abilities.

If it took you god knows how many hours to get to level 100 and not know you messed up the EVs, that's your fault. And, again, save before the final level. If EVs don't turn out correctly, you can reload and alter the EVs then.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
No one trades entire boxes in one sitting. I've never traded more than 10 at once.
I have, for Pokedex purposes - it takes forever. Believe me, such a feature would be great for doing lots of trades quickly. Besides, I never said the boxes would have to be full. You could just as easily stick 10 in the box and go with that - it'd still be faster than leaving the trade area to switch Pokemon, since you wouldn't have to enter the wireless zone more than once. Of course, for smaller trades I'd still want to have the normal trading.

I just realized this, but if you look in the pre-release pictures, it would appear that there's some sort of box trading on the infrared in there. Perhaps I wished for something that's already been revealed?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think a ghost/steel type pokemon would be cool. A haunted suit of armor or something along those lines. It could be a great wall: 3 immunities, 8 resistances, and only 2 weaknesses. Tack on levitate and it has 4 immunities with a weakness only to fire. Since ghost and steel are both weak offensive types, it could have pretty weak att/sp. att but great defence/sp. defence or both. Obviously, if they were both good neither one could be that high, but still, it could be a really viable wall and also a much-needed reason to use a fire pokemon.

That'd be pretty awesome! It might even beat out Shuckle!

I also agree with what most people are saying about the pokemon that are just begging for evolutions, but I don't think they should go overboard. I like new pokes and they need to save some for next gen.

Yeah. They seem to be falling into a pattern of a generation of lots of new evolution, and a generation of lots of new families.

They could, Platinum did. But more than likely, they're going to have at least 175-200 because there'll probably be too many pokemon for 150.

I have, for Pokedex purposes - it takes forever. Believe me, such a feature would be great for doing lots of trades quickly. Besides, I never said the boxes would have to be full. You could just as easily stick 10 in the box and go with that - it'd still be faster than leaving the trade area to switch Pokemon, since you wouldn't have to enter the wireless zone more than once. Of course, for smaller trades I'd still want to have the normal trading.

I just realized this, but if you look in the pre-release pictures, it would appear that there's some sort of box trading on the infrared in there. Perhaps I wished for something that's already been revealed?

You're just one person. I doubt that everyone would need it.

Last edited:

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
Getting a Pokemon to level 100 takes a considerable amount of time, regardless of training sources and leveling abilities.

If it took you god knows how many hours to get to level 100 and not know you messed up the EVs, that's your fault. And, again, save before the final level. If EVs don't turn out correctly, you can reload and alter the EVs then.

Oh, no, sorry I meant "got" as in from a trade from someone with no clue what EV training is. That's what I was going for there, sorry for the confusion. In that case it would be no fault of your own if it turned out the EV's were bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.