• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
PokeJungle's New Rumors, regarding Starter Evolution and base stats:

Tsutaja -> Noukazura(grass/ground) ->Kazuratori(grass/ground) Base Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: 89
Def: 105
SpAtk: 75
SpDef: 90
Speed: 90
Total: 539
PokeJungle's translations involve "farmer".

Pokabu -> Tateishishi (fire/dark) -> Mimonoshishi (fire/dark) Base stats:
HP: 120
Atk: 110
Def: 80
SpAtk: 80
SpDef: 100
Speed: 40
Total: 530
According to PokeJungle the middle one can translate to shield and meat. Last one just has meat.

Mijumaru -> Mijutto(Water) -> Kawamizun(Water/Fighting)
HP: 85
Atk: 100
Def: 70
SpAtk: 90
SpDef: 130
Speed: 55
Last evolution has river and water in it.
Snowy actually found these on 2ch and someone asked to translate it.

My thoughts: Another grass/ground is okay, Pokabu being Fire/Dark would be awesome, and Mijumaru would be pretty good with the water/fighting final evolution. Although these are more then likely fake I decided to post them on here in case someone else didn't. The evolution names are different from the beta sheet, which could mean these rumors are fake, but then again that was a beta sheet and Tsutaja's name was wrong on it.

These stats are a little ridiculous...no starter has ever had a stat above 120.And I doubt Mijumaru's evo would be that slow.They are most likely fake^^

Drajolt Trainer

PokeMaster
I'm interested in this new evolution. I think it could hold some amazing things. Hopefully there will be some love attacks, like Heart Rocket or, if it's possible, Cupid Arrow. I think B&W has some interesting things in store for us.
Or Heart Stamp.

Bardische

Elegance.
My ideas for the English names of the moves.

Claw Sharpen = Biting Nails. jk. Claw Dance. Or something.
Trickery = Backfire. As in, using the foe's stats, right? Against them?
Sweep Slap = Triple Slap. I'm thinking Doubleslap only stronger.
Telekinesis = perfect. Sorta.
Gear Saucer = Gear Shred. OMG.
Wild Bolt = perfect.
Night Burst = perfect.
Shell Blade = Words cannot express perfection.
Grass Mixer = Leaf Twister
Drill Liner = Drill Attack. Because you never know how unoriginal they are gonna get :D
Double Chop = Dragon Chop. It sounds too Fighting, honestly.
Heart Stamp = Love Stamp. I dunno, Nose press. Aww....dorable.
You First = perfect.
Magic Room = Lagging Room. What I honestly expect from this if there is a name change is a pun. Trick Room slows people down, but Trick sounds like something related to items. Magic Room negates item effects, but Magic makes it sound like something to make slow things move first. I dunno, I like pun-like irony. Or something. DON'T JUDGE ME!!
Free-Fall = Aerial Toss
Coil = Acid Wring/Wrap
Nitro Charge = Flare Driver. But Nitro Charge is perfect on its own.

And abilities:

Illusion = Disguise
pigeon Heart = Bulky
Encourage = Full Force
Earthquake Spiral = Overconfident is already fine.
TurboBlaze = perfect.
TeraVoltage = pefect.
Dust-proof = Storm Shield
Telepathy = Clairvoyance

I dunno, I'm so unoriginal sometimes :(

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
That depends on the Pokemon you train, how hard you train, and how smart you are with move selection.

A typical person can get by as a "Joke" just by using generally strong Pokemon, Evolving them, not stacking types, not stacking up moves of the same type on the same Pokemon, and facing every Trainer in the game.

Some people will run Mono-type teams, Neglect training their starter, Train Pokemon without Evolving them, Stack their moves, not face very many trainers, etc, Weather it's on purpose or just the intelligence of the player playing. Where as there is at least a challenge if not a really big challenge to the player.

Fact is, Difficulty is subjective to the player, always. It's just made generally easy for those with simple logic in the brain or better ;)

True. I will grant you this, nor did I ever claim otherwise.

My post was directed at the person I quoted, because if the person knows enough about the game to know that Infernape's potential is miles ahead of either Torterra or Empoleon ... chances are they know enough about the game to easily beat any trainer they come across.

Dspeight

PokeJungle's New Rumors, regarding Starter Evolution and base stats:

Tsutaja -> Noukazura(grass/ground) ->Kazuratori(grass/ground) Base Stats:
Atk: 89
Def: 105
SpAtk: 75
SpDef: 90
Speed: 90
Total: 539
PokeJungle's translations involve "farmer".

Pokabu -> Tateishishi (fire/dark) -> Mimonoshishi (fire/dark) Base stats:
HP: 120
Atk: 110
Def: 80
SpAtk: 80
SpDef: 100
Speed: 40
According to PokeJungle the middle one can translate to shield and meat. Last one just has meat.

Mijumaru -> Mijutto(Water) -> Kawamizun(Water/Fighting)
HP: 85
Atk: 100
Def: 70
SpAtk: 90
SpDef: 130
Speed: 55
Last evolution has river and water in it.
Snowy actually found these on 2ch and someone asked to translate it.

My thoughts: Another grass/ground is okay, Pokabu being Fire/Dark would be awesome, and Mijumaru would be pretty good with the water/fighting final evolution. Although these are more then likely fake I decided to post them on here in case someone else didn't. The evolution names are different from the beta sheet, which could mean these rumors are fake, but then again that was a beta sheet and Tsutaja's name was wrong on it.

Tsutaja dosn't looke like a ground type also it had less Hp than Mijumaru so I doubt that its final stage would have more, it also seems faster than that, I exept its speed to be in the 100s.

My prediction is:

HP: 75
Attack: 100
Defence: 65
SpAttack:100
SpDefence: 65
Speed: 120
Total 525
I think that it will kind of be like Infernape But faster with less attack and special attack.

Pokabu could be a fire dark but my bets are fire psychic, it could have that attack but I think that it will be more likely a special attacker with High base hp as the average for level 5 is 20 and in the demo video yesterday it had 22.

My prediction is:

HP: 105
Attack: 75
Defence: 85
SpAttack: 110
SpDefence: 87
Speed: 72
Total: 534

Mijumaru as a fighting type, thats something I want. I think that it will be more physical as shell blade sounds like a physical move, I know that leaf blade and muddy water appeal to the oppsite attacking stat of sceptile and swampert but shell blade makes me beleive in a physical water starter.

My prediction is:

Attack: 110
Defence: 80
SpAttack: 70
SpDefence: 80
Speed: 100

These are just predictions for the final evolutions.
I added spoilers as the post was very big.

Sponge

My ideas for the English names of the moves.

Claw Sharpen = Biting Nails. jk. Claw Dance. Or something.
Trickery = Backfire. As in, using the foe's stats, right? Against them?
Sweep Slap = Triple Slap. I'm thinking Doubleslap only stronger.
Telekinesis = perfect. Sorta.
Gear Saucer = Gear Shred. OMG.
Wild Bolt = perfect.
Night Burst = perfect.
Shell Blade = Words cannot express perfection.
Grass Mixer = Leaf Twister
Drill Liner = Drill Attack. Because you never know how unoriginal they are gonna get :D
Double Chop = Dragon Chop. It sounds too Fighting, honestly.
Heart Stamp = Love Stamp. I dunno, Nose press. Aww....dorable.
You First = perfect.
Magic Room = Lagging Room. What I honestly expect from this if there is a name change is a pun. Trick Room slows people down, but Trick sounds like something related to items. Magic Room negates item effects, but Magic makes it sound like something to make slow things move first. I dunno, I like pun-like irony. Or something. DON'T JUDGE ME!!
Free-Fall = Aerial Toss
Coil = Acid Wring/Wrap
Nitro Charge = Flare Driver. But Nitro Charge is perfect on its own.

And abilities:

Illusion = Disguise
pigeon Heart = Bulky
Encourage = Full Force
Earthquake Spiral = Overconfident is already fine.
TurboBlaze = perfect.
TeraVoltage = pefect.
Dust-proof = Storm Shield
Telepathy = Clairvoyance

I dunno, I'm so unoriginal sometimes :(

Have to be honest, I think in every situation here the original is better

Z-man

Pokemon equality!!!
explanation to haters.

evryone's been moaning at me for certain things i said, like;
4.) the villians of pokemon emerald,FireRed, and Platinum collide. new name: Team Universe! Giovanni, Archie, Maxie and Cyrus should be executives though.like Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter.

1.) Over powered gym leaders. they should put gym leader's equal to your pokemon. guess how many times I lost to Gary in Pokemon Crystal.
2.)split evolutions. the only thing that should be able to do this is eevee unless it depends on gender. Tyrouge was cool, but wanting a Hitmonlee when getting a Hitmontop just doesn't work out.
4.)day/night evolutions. espeon and umbreon shows my point. they should make day/night stones for this.I do like espeon and umbreon though.
5.)Pointless Pokemon. unless it's a sidequest so, Dunsparse, Magikarp, Get outta my face!

number 4 in what i'd like was an idiotic idea, i remember in FireRed giovanni says that 'I may be finished, but I'll return! until then, team rocket will be planning what to do.'or something like that, in Platinum, Cyrus pretty much dies,and in Emerald, maxie and archie realize that they're destroying the world.

number 1 in things i hate, that was me pretty much becoming a pokehater, even though I LOVE pokemon. I don't mind over-power, but if i lose 10 times in a row, I start throwing everything around me and swearing at the game telling it to beg for mercy.
number 2, spilt evolutions do bug me like hell, but i was probably getting reactions from a little bit of darkness in my heart.
number 4, I think it was a full moon and i became a fanboy of hating stuff, so that night i probably should've got my tail and kitty ears and renamed myself Bob the were-kitsune.Pokemon xd was the only thing that messed up eeveelutions.and day/night stones'll only work on eevee, so that makes it a useless item.
number 5, magikarp evolves into a beast, and dunsparce, some said they were ****** when i said it was useless, so i think i might have had a point when saying useless, but that's the point of catching them all, catching pretty much useless pokemon! right? and number 4 is the most hated, so i'm sorry.

:) Zayne ;)

Sponge

As for Gym leader difficulty....maybe there actually should be a difficulty setting on the games? Which changes the levels of trainers and gym leaders to make it easier or tougher.

That's not why I'm posting though, I had a thought while I was looking at bulbapedia's page for the ruins of alph. I'd put the next part in spoiler tags except I can't get them to work so I'll just say the next paragraph might have some ruins of alph spoilers in them.

So apparently according to secret messages there was a clan that believed people should "walk with them" (not sure if they're talking just about the unown or pokemon in general though. In the end they left the ruins of alph for the sake of the pokemon, separated themselves from the unown.

Anyone think this bears a slight resemblance to N's ideals? It's a mega stretch though and it probably has nothing to do with Pokemon Black/White but it was something I figured was worth mentioning.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I do kinda like the speculation regarding the Black & White starters' types. They're not exaclty new combos, but at least they're decent not overly used, either. Grass/Ground, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fighting, all only have one Pokemon (or evolutionary line), making them unique: Torterra, Houndour/Houndoom, and Poliwrath.

I would like to see some new type combos:

Electric/Dark (I really expected Luxio and Luxray to be this ...)
Fire/Water (Perhaps a steam-based Pokemon?)
Bug/Fire (Dunno how this would work, maybe a volcano dwelling insect?)
Bug/Water (An alternate evolution of Surskit, perhaps ... not more Bug/Flying crap)

Hotrod93

Dragon Trainer
Id really like to see these Combos for Starters:

Grass/Fighting
Fire/Psychic
Water/Dark

But for this Gen id like to see:

Grass/Flying (Chinese Dragon as Final evo)
Fire/Ground
Water/Ice

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I like the idea of Grass/Fighting. It would have to use Leaf Blade, though. It just wouldn't be the same if it didn't have Leaf Blade. Actually, I could even see the B/W Grass starter evolving into some lizard-warrior. Like Sceptile, but not as ... rigid and stoic.

Allenkun

The mid evolution for Smug- I mean Tsutaja doesn't seem to be going into a Grass/Fighting direction. It could just be pure grass IMO. And to some extent poison. Also it's arms look too small to use leaf blade, if it is portrayed like the anime version.

How a pig can be Fire/Psychic is beyond me. *shoots Grumpig* I think Pokabu could be Fire/Dark due to pig's behavior, or Fire/Ground for obvious reasons.

Mijumaru I'll say is either Water/Fighting or Water/Ice.

And the Gym Leaders I want:

1. Normal
2. Bug
3. Flying
4. Ground
5. Fire
6. Electric
7. Grass
8. Dark

Elite Four:
1. Rock
2. Steel
3. Ice
4. Dragon

Champion: ???/N/Cheren/Belle

And if you after the Elite Four the first 3 elite four members get Registeel, Regice, and Regirock. Also I would like the 4th member to be dragon just because Drake and Lance were awesome.

Dspeight

The gyms I want are:

1. Bug
2. Normal
3. Flying
4. Ice
5. Electric
6. Psychic
7. Steel
8. Dark

E4
1. Grass
2. Fire
3. Water
4. Dragon
Champion: Mixed

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I can almost guarantee that the first Gym is going to be Rock. Aside from Johto, the first Gym is always Rock. The only reason I can conceive is that it's basically a crash course in teaching a new player how to adjust to types, considering that a good 80%-90% of the offensive moves at that early in the game are not very effective to Rock.

It would be nice to finally see a Dark Gym, though. It could be a late-game Gym, and give out the Dark Pulse TM (or, perhaps a new TM after 92).

Allenkun

I can almost guarantee that the first Gym is going to be Rock. Aside from Johto, the first Gym is always Rock. The only reason I can conceive is that it's basically a crash course in teaching a new player how to adjust to types, considering that a good 80%-90% of the offensive moves at that early in the game are not very effective to Rock.

It would be nice to finally see a Dark Gym, though. It could be a late-game Gym, and give out the Dark Pulse TM (or, perhaps a new TM after 92).

What Pokemon would it have though? I say:
1. Zoroark
2. Zorua/???
3. ???
4. ???

And the thing about rock, it's always Grass/Water easy/medium mode. And Fire usually hard mode depending on the first 2 gyms. Aside from Johto. I would want more variety, they could easily break this trend.

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
What Pokemon would it have though? I say:
1. Zoroark
2. Zorua/???
3. ???
4. ???

And the thing about rock, it's always Grass/Water easy/medium mode. And Fire usually hard mode depending on the first 2 gyms. Aside from Johto. I would want more variety, they could easily break this trend.
Squirtle was hard, and Piplup was relatively hard.
I'm probably guessing that the new gyms will have the Geodude of the new games, and blah blah blah--probably some weak Pokémon that you'll see everywhere.

Allenkun

Squirtle was hard, and Piplup was relatively hard.
I'm probably guessing that the new gyms will have the Geodude of the new games, and blah blah blah--probably some weak Pokémon that you'll see everywhere.

Squirtle and Piplup had it easy with Brock. But then Misty and Gardenia were a bit of a challenge but by then you had some sort of Pokemon to counter them. Charmander on the other hand, well, if you didn't get metal claw go read Super Effective.

I'm talking about a Dark Type gym. A rock type, there's plenty of Pokemon it could have. IF we get new rock types.

Status
Not open for further replies.