• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quible

I don't think a Pegasus would be too weird to be a Pokemon. I think it's just too high fantasy, which I do not consider Pokemon. It's hard for me to explain, I can't find the right words, but I certainly agree that a Pegasus Pokemon would feel out of place to me.

yeah i agree, it would be like having a sphynx or a normal mideval dragon(simiilar to charizard and breathes fire). its too well known in everything else it just wouldnt feel right

starlyking

actually a pegasus pokemon would be kind of cool. add it on as an evolution of rapidash.

something i think would be cool for black and white would be the elite four being more of a tournament style like in the show

starlyking

actually a pegasus pokemon would be kind of cool. add it on as an evolution of rapidash.

something i think would be cool for black and white would be the elite four being more of a tournament style like in the show

Porygandrew

They could easily do a draft horse, a donkey, and a racehorse. Imagine a racehorse pokemon with markings that can be different colors per horse - like how spinda has its spot-patterns or each smeargle's paint-tail is supposed to be different.

mr.tyranitar

THE Trainer...
They could easily do a draft horse, a donkey, and a racehorse. Imagine a racehorse pokemon with markings that can be different colors per horse - like how spinda has its spot-patterns or each smeargle's paint-tail is supposed to be different.

that reminds me..spinda is so needing an evo lol :p.

gliscor&yanmega

A Cerberus would be a cool pokemon. Normal/Dark type.

I'd name mine Fluffy. ;)

I don't think a Cerberus would get a Normal type, it's not really a...normal kind of thing, it's mythical.

I would think Fire/Dark is best. Cerberus is a guard dog of Hades which is basically Greek Hell. Which would mean Fire would be around it all the time. It having that kind of connection would probably be a good enough reason to give it Fire.

As for Dark...it comes off as an "evil" creature(Although I think it's actually just guarding the gates so no one escapes their punishment which would mean it's more "good" then anything(I don't know all that much about Greek Mythology)), so Dark would suit it.

Which would be a very good excuses to just connect it with Houndour and Houndoom seeing as they are Fire/Dark and I think may have been made in the image of Cerberus(Just with one head instead of three).

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
there has not been many representation of dogs and cats, there has been wolves dogs and foxes, three different species. horses are just one species why have more than a few? theres been plenty of hooved animals, miltank, stantler, ponyta, camerupt

I didn't say "many", I said they got "some". Semantics I know, but it does make a difference. And, besides.

Cats have:
> Meowth & possibly Persian.
> Skitty & Delcatty
> Glameow & Purugly

Dogs have:
> Growlithe & Arcanine
> Snubbull & Granbull
> Houndour & Houndoom
> Entei & Suicune (Although, it's debatable whether they're dogs or cats, either way)

And that's skipping the foxes (Vulpix, Ninetales, Eevee) AND the hyena (Poochyena & Mightyena).

That's plenty more than Ponyta and Rapidash. All I'm asking is for one new horse line, that possibly evolves into a pegasus.

Grei

not the color
A pegasus is "too weird"?

... It's a horse. With wings. A pegasus is practically dying to be a Pokemon. You can't honestly tell me that you can look at Probopass or Lickitung and say that a horse with wings is too abnormal for a Pokemon.

PurplePoctopus

Silver Fangirl
I said Normal because of the dog part. We already have a fire/dark hellhound, so I thought that mixing it up a bit would be fun. I'd probably have one on my team either way. :)

Mercury Lamp

And there was snow..
I would like to see a ground/electric pokemon and an electric/ice pokemon. How they could look? I have no idea, but after getting Rotom i think everything is possible xD.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
A pegasus is "too weird"?

... It's a horse. With wings. A pegasus is practically dying to be a Pokemon. You can't honestly tell me that you can look at Probopass or Lickitung and say that a horse with wings is too abnormal for a Pokemon.

I agree. There's at least a hundred Pokemon that are too weird to exist outside of any "biological mistake" movie, and yet they do exist in Pokemon. A pegasus would fit right in.

rocky505

But, that doesn't mean the species shouldn't get any more attention. There hasn't been a horse Pokemon since first generation. Both dogs and cats have gotten some more representation since.

At least one more horse would be nice.
We have Shimama which is a Zebra which i believe is in the horse family.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
/\ i almost completely forgot! i wonder what his evo will look like (its too weak to not have one probably)

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
I think it would be pretty cool to have a Pokemon based off of a John Dory. I know it's not the most original type combination, but it would be Water/Psychic. I just think it would be pretty cool to have a fish Pokemon based off of a John Dory with the "eye" on the side, and the eye could emit psychic waves and such and "confuse the foe". It could have a special ability that gives a small chance to confuse the foe on contact.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
/\ i almost completely forgot! i wonder what his evo will look like (its too weak to not have one probably)

Mercury Lamp

And there was snow..
I agree, with a pegasus been weird to pokemon. i think it is because it is already a popular fictional creature and i don't see how they can create a pokemon from it, and at the same time making people easyly identificate it like a pokemon and not as the wellknown mythologic creature.
I mean making a pegasus pokemon that don't be confused for the pegasus we all know. It depends on how they desing it, we can't know how it could look.

gliscor&yanmega

I agree, with a pegasus been weird to pokemon. i think it is because it is already a popular fictional creature and i don't see how they can create a pokemon from it, and at the same time making people easyly identificate it like a pokemon and not as the wellknown mythologic creature.
I mean making a pegasus pokemon that don't be confused for the pegasus we all know. It depends on how they desing it, we can't know how it could look.

It's simple. Give Rapidash an evolution or Ponyta a split evolution. Make them grow wings, get a bigger horn, add some more fire and there is your Pokemon Pegasus.

And even in any other case, it can be made to be seen as a Pokemon. But it would be a Pegasus so obviously they would show that.

Status
Not open for further replies.