• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

That thing's a zebra? It is four-legged, and hooved, I'll grant you that. But, I'm not seeing zebra.
Shimama's names translate to something about zebra's and many people have been making up names for it like Zebolt, Zebrolt and Zapbra.

R_N

i don't get how you can't TBH, black and white striped, hooves, i think its even classified as the zebra pokemon!

It's name is even a corruption/based on of the japanese word for zebra

I'm not really sure how you couldn't tell it was a zebra just by looking at it.
Very few things have the distinctive black & white stripes

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
i don't get how you can't TBH, black and white striped, hooves, i think its even classified as the zebra pokemon!

No, it's classified as the "Charged" Pokemon, not the zebra Pokemon. Plus, it has a whopping five stripes on it (if you count the ones on each of it's hind legs separately).

Hooves don't mean anything, because as was said earlier, Tauros, Miltank, Numel (maybe), Camerupt. None of those are a zebra.

Does it's name somehow translate to Zebra, because I don't speak Japanese, so I wouldn't know if it did.

It's only defining charactaristic that speaks to me on behalf of it's potential species is it's coloring. But then again, mice aren't bright yellow and cats aren't pink or purple. Besides, many other species of animal can have white on black coloring. I figured it was just one of those "what the crap is that" Pokemon that crop up every generation.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Actually it's classified as the "Charged" Pokemon(Because of it's Electric type). Although when I first saw it I thought "Zebra", and I still do.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Here's how Shimama could be something other than a zebra: Ta-da!

Okapi

If you ask me, even with the Japanese name (which can be inaccurately labeled from time-to-time) closer to zebras, Shimama resembles the Okapi a lot closer.

Perhaps once we see an evolution my mind will change, but right now it's too dark, less stripey, and too short to completely convince me.

R_N

Here's how Shimama could be something other than a zebra: Ta-da!

Okapi

If you ask me, even with the Japanese name (which can be inaccurately labeled from time-to-time) closer to zebras, Shimama resembles the Okapi a lot closer.

Perhaps once we see an evolution my mind will change, but right now it's too dark, less stripey, and too short to completely convince me.

uh...I'm not seeing that at all.

Kaotix-

Homunkurusu?!
There should totally be an Archaeopteryx fossil Pokémon. Make it Rock/Dragon, because that would be cool and new.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
really? http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/ca/Shimama.png

Black and white, white stripes. What else do you use to describe a zebra?

Zebras usually have more than five stripes.

That thing has one on it's back, one on it's breast, one on the back of it's neck, and one on each of it's hind legs. That's it. Five stripes does not a zebra make, which is preciesly why I don't see a Zebra. Heck, Arcanine's 4th Gen sprite had more stripes than that, and that thing's a dog.

Again, I didn't know that it's name translates to a form of Zebra. I can't read Japanese, so you can't hold that against me.

Last edited:

rocky505

That thing has one on it's back, one on it's breast, one on the back of it's neck, and one on each of it's hind legs. That's it. Five stripes does not a zebra make. Heck, Arcanine's 4th Gen sprite had more stripes than that, and that thing's a dog.

Again, I didn't know that it's name translates to a form of Zebra. I can't read Japanese, so you can't hold that against me.
Just wait and see if it evolves and then it may gain more stripes.

pickledArbok

Id love to see alot more monochromatic pokemon this gen since its black and white and i am really loving shimama, you know, the one that looks like a freaking ZEBRA lol

V Faction

www.faction.com
uh...I'm not seeing that at all.
Shimama's body is mostly black. The big parts of it that are white include the lower body and the legs. Its nose is black, its ears jut out, and its got a smaller tail. You wanted to know what else has stripes and here we have the best fit.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever

That thing has one on it's back, one on it's breast, one on the back of it's neck, and one on each of it's hind legs. That's it. Five stripes does not a zebra make, which is preciesly why I don't see a Zebra. Heck, Arcanine's 4th Gen sprite had more stripes than that, and that thing's a dog.

So, you don't see a Zebra because... it doesn't have enough stripes?

It's Pokemon. They don't always shoot for realism.

Diarkia124

My favorite part of the games is the battle music. Based on the demos, I found out that this is the probable battle music when you fight Cheron and Belle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHZy4aqJns8

As for the difficulty of the game, I believe that the average levels of everything will be higher due to the fact that you have 2 rivals, and fight them one after another. I mean, by the time you get your Pokeballs, your Pokemon will be at LV 7 with little or no Pokemon battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.