• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BLACK AND WHITE

Status
Not open for further replies.

wobblecat

awesomeosaurus!
There's been many a thread on this. Think about it: a pokemon uses a Water/Grass type attack on Golem. This pokemon happens to be Ludicolo. A bit too overpowered, no?

yeah.. plus all the types would be too confusing, especially for a game aimed at children (even though a lot of us older people like it too)
I kinda liked the first part though, say a move with like 160 power (kinda ridiculous, but play along) but you have to find like 4 different pieces of it and say the pieces are well hidden, I don't know, I like it:)

K-os

Bullet Punch
Remakes of Ruby/Sapphire? :) Would go along with the current trend - 3rd Gen got R/B remakes, 4th got G/S remakes, So 5th gets Hoenn all over again.

wobblecat

awesomeosaurus!
I feel that ruby and sapphire are still too recent to be remade :/
Maybe its because they haven't broke yet like my blue and silver games.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I don't really know what the games'll be about, but I can't wait to see. Hope I'm not going to be the only twenty-something at the store buying it when it comes out. (Black version all the way! Now if they only made brown version, ha ha. --Brown is my favorite colour if anyone cares.)

Odd, when I was ten, I came up with an idea for a Black Version. In it, your a Team Rocket Grunt. You get any random non-legend as a starter, and you actually get to STEAL other people's pokes. You fight 'good' people in it, and through acts of evil, work your way up to being Rocket Boss....but, of course, Nintendo will never do that. Mu-ah-ha-ha

I recall someone on the Serebii chat saying something that I think would be a good, fresh idea. I can't recall his/her screen name, but he/she said: "You start out picking one of one hundred eggs. You raise your starter from birth."

I like that, but the only problem is waiting for the egg to hatch.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Starmie

I'm still hoping that they introduce a "Light" type for the games. A new type would be an interesting idea and the legends could be a dark type(black) and a light type(white). Yin and Yang legendary pokemon maybe?

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Does anyone else think that Parents will realize the racism in those games and tell their kids not to buy them?

No, because the "racism" is non-existant.

Let's just end the discussion about the racist game names people, and instead be excited (and maybe make petitions to get their names changed xP)

Racist? Indeed. :rolleyes:

I'd rather have petitions to not change the names, thank you.

I recall someone on the Serebii chat saying something that I think would be a good, fresh idea. I can't recall his/her screen name, but he/she said: "You start out picking one of one hundred eggs. You raise your starter from birth."

I like that, but the only problem is waiting for the egg to hatch.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

This won't work so well because your starter would then be Lv. 1, which is too low a level considering it'd generally be weaker than wild Pokemon (which atm are a minimum of Lv.2). It might, but it'd be tough nonetheless. The idea of having more than 3 options for starters is good though, just that raising them from Lv.5 directly is better (and not any less rewarding) than raising them from birth.

wobblecat

awesomeosaurus!
I'm still hoping that they introduce a "Light" type for the games. A new type would be an interesting idea and the legends could be a dark type(black) and a light type(white). Yin and Yang legendary pokemon maybe?

It might go along with the theme, but the way i see it the little advantage nets between dark, psychic, fighting, ghost, poison, and bug pokemon are enough. I sometimes look at psychic as a light type (although it is weak against dark)

Jagged

I wonder what the new region is gonna look like. Because all the regions in the main series have so far been based on actual areas of Japan (e.g. Sinnoh is identical to the island of Hokkaido) so I wonder which area they'll base the new region on.

wobblecat

awesomeosaurus!
I wonder what the new region is gonna look like. Because all the regions in the main series have so far been based on actual areas of Japan (e.g. Sinnoh is identical to the island of Hokkaido) so I wonder which area they'll base the new region on.

I'd kinda like to see a tie in with another region, kinda like Johto and Kanto.
I'd also like to see it on the main land instead of an island this time around.

Jagged

I'd kinda like to see a tie in with another region, kinda like Johto and Kanto.
I'd also like to see it on the main land instead of an island this time around.

I guess that would work. Like the new region being to the north of either Kanto or Johto.

wobblecat

awesomeosaurus!
Yeah, or maybe an island close to another island and you can sail to the other region after the elite four.
I think maybe three regions tied together may be a bit too much.

Jagged

Or make the new region a series of large islands. Like have 3 or 4 different islands. But i guess that would mean you would have to get Surf at an early stage or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.