• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BLACK AND WHITE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoG878

i'm not dead...srsly
maybe it's just a prototype name. I think the legendaries will have a yin and yang-type concept based on them. Like the giratina-arceus bit with matter-antimatter. But all i can say, is that the more enigmatic a title is, the more eager i am to find out!

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
Talk about cultural differences... Am i the only who thought of the eternal battle of Good (white) VS Evil (black) when i saw this instead of all those racism stuff..? God, we don' live in 18.. something you know.

Anyway, i am very excited about those two. This might be the first time i am going to get both games (of course White will be my priority)

TheLupineOne

I'M GETTING WHITE.
Hey Joe, if you end up reading this...checkerboard site banner. That would look really cool!

Yeah, it's a new month, we're due a new banner. Perhaps this is what we're waiting for!

If Nintendo USA / TPCi keep their eyes on the internet, they'd know to change the game names or else...

OMG RACISM.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Black and White? My first thoughts were this thread being racist. =P

But seriously, whoa. 5th Gen. game already? This is going to be interesting indeed.

Still, the names being black and white just doesn't sound right at the moment. =/
Got to have a better English name.

Black and White are really awesome names. They're basic colours/shades if you didn't notice. Nothing racist about that.

Anyway, I'd be REALLY disappointed if they changed the English names.

I'm with you on that one. That would be cool.

And to those "worried" about racism, don't be. People don't actually have black or white skin. It's differing shades of brown. And in case you don't notice here, black here is the premiere version of the game, like Red, Gold, Ruby, and Diamond.

I just got serious deja vu all of a sudden. 0_0

Most probably White will be the premiere version, going by the hot/cool colours thing Game Freak has stood by till now.

Talk about cultural differences... Am i the only who thought of the eternal battle of Good (white) VS Evil (black) when i saw this instead of all those racism stuff..? God, we don' live in 18.. something you know.

Fortunately, you're not alone =)

If Nintendo USA / TPCi keep their eyes on the internet, they'd know to change the game names or else...

OMG RACISM.

Just no.

I really hope you're joking...

Last edited:

Reno

so adorable...
if people are really talking about racism, think about it. why would a massive company go for the risk of offending a lot of their customers? it is just a name. nobody *****ed about how the red indians might be offended by red or how asian people were offended by pokemon yellow. it is just a name.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
My first thought was Ying and Yang. I really like the names, I think people are reading too much into this racist fiasco.

Nightmare Gengar

if people are really talking about racism, think about it. why would a massive company go with the risk of offending a lot of their customers? it is just a name. nobody *****ed about the red indians might be offended or how asian people were offended by pokemon yellow. it is just a name.
I never even thought about this until just now.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
White and Black can't really be hot/cool colors. There neutral colors just like Gray. So what version premires can't really be said.

BCVM22

White and Black can't really be hot/cool colors.

Not strictly true. Heat up an object enough and it becomes white-hot, literally. Deprive an area of light and warmth and you get a space that's cold and dark.

There are any number of ways in which white can represent warm/hot and black can represent cool/cold.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Maybe the third version will be called pkmn Grey...Anyway the leg pkmn are prob a Dark type for Black & a Psychic or Normal type for White

I wonder why the game was called Pokemon Black and White Versions? I guess The Pokemon Company has moved to color shades now... :p

cybermew

A la lune!
So, let's go with names for the third game;

Pokemon Grey
Pokemon Mixed-Race
Pokemon Bland
Pokemon Dull
Pokemon Old Age
Pokemon Race Riots

The list goes on.

In all seriousness, the names are dreadful.

Last edited:

Sparkyperson

Light Ball Collector
I'm getting so sick of all this "OMG ITS RACIST" Business.

Unless they were to call it something like African American Black and European White, there is nothing racist about the names at all.

If people have to jump to the Racism conclusion over the use of colours...JUST COLOURS..... people need to get off the Political Correct Bandwagon and get on with life.

fenris91

Actually people have been very tongue in cheek about the "Black and White" thing overall. I'm impressed. (Still think it's gonna be Pokemon Darkness and Light edition in NA)

If you're thinking about being my starter it don't matter if you're Black or White!

Last edited:

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I'm getting so sick of all this "OMG ITS RACIST" Business.

Unless they were to call it something like African American Black and European White, there is nothing racist about the names at all.

If people have to jump to the Racism conclusion over the use of colours...JUST COLOURS..... people need to get off the Political Correct Bandwagon and get on with life.

QFT.

Hm, so that means the default character will be named Black...

LOL :D

Hmm..sounds better than being named White imo.

On that note, was your character named Diamond in...Diamond? I've never noticed, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.