• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black Team, please rate

This will be my planned team for Pokemon Black, I care about natures, not EV's in game. Make suggestions and make them useful. (Not "use Emonga it is so cutexorx!!!!") Also, try to suggest available TM moves, not "give Doryuuzu Stealth Rock".

Daikenki @ Life Orb
Mild/Torrent
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Return
- Megahorn

Shandera @ Leftovers
Timid/Flash Fire
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Energy Ball

Doryuuzu @ Muscle Band
Adamant/Sand Throw
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Crush Claw

Ononokus @ Leftovers
Adamant/Mold Breaker
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Shinpora @ Wise Glasses
Modest/Magic Guard
- Psychic
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball

Doredia @ Leftovers
Modest/Own Tempo
- Petal Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Butterfly Dance
- Leech Seed

That is it, please rate it as you like.

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Nice team. I like it.

Daikenki has no use for Grass Knot in-game, the Rocks and Grounds it will be hitting for SE damage are all hit harder by Surf anyway. Return gives excellent coverage alongside your Water move, hitting everything for at least neutral damage except Empoleon, and it will add another physical attack which you may find to be useful.

Iirc there was some kind of bug which negated Life Orb's and Flare Blitz's recoil on Encourage Hihidaruma (according to Shine anyway) so you may want to take advantage of that. If this bug really works, then there is no need for Fire Punch; replace it with Superpower. Be sure to use Earthquake > Superpower if not, as it does not have a horrible side-effect.

Doryuuzu needs to get some setup in and is fairly bulky, so Leftovers are a more suitable item imo. Make it Jolly as you do not need more power when you have Swords Dance, but the Spe will help you sweep a lot. Otherwise, fine.

Don't use Outrage in-game when you have Dragon Dance, the +Atk recoil alongside the expected hax will be a nightmare. Also, as it's boosting Spe with Dragon Dance, just go down the power route and use an Adamant Nature. Otherwise, good set.

No idea about Shinpora but it seems fine to me, if you use Shadow Ball > Energy Ball.

Tbh, almost anything is useless in Doredia's last moveslot if you're not up for rebreeding for Hidden Power. I'd say to use a support move like Toxic, to turn you into a pseudo special wall thanks to Butterfly Dance's effect, but this conflicts with Sleep Powder. Leech Seed is also a nice option to help you stay alive, I'd go for that.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
IMO, Boiling Water's pree useful if you have the TM, but Daikenki could use
Hp [Electric] instead of Grass Knot if possible. There's no purpose in a grass
move if your STAB is pretty much superior except against other water types.

Doryuuzu doesn't really need X-Scissor am I right? Grass types aren't going to
bother you too much. Lets try something like Crush Claw, where there's a 50%
chance of -1 Def, much more useful eh?

Ononokus has no need for Leftovers and Jolly, Dragon Dance will make Leftovers
useless after 1-2 turns due to 1HKOing everything, and Jolly is unnecessary unless you need to outrun anything specific.

Bleh. Too lazy to say anything else :p

Ninjaaaaaa'd >.<

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Well, they're two very different Pokémon, but I'd say that Shandera is all-round superior. In terms of this team, there is no reason why Shandera will not work, although beware Dark and Ghost, as you will have two weaknesses but only one resist. Nothing too major though.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Well as you have Hihidaruma scarfed, you might like to go with a scarfed Shandera too.

Shandera @ Choice Scarf
• Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Filling Shandera's last moveslot will be difficult if you don't want to breed for Hidden Power, so you may prefer to give it the Leftovers instead and run Calm Mind there.