• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black version 1.

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Hello everybody is currently look at this very sentence!
If you have kept reading, I need you to assist me. I'm going to attempt a challenge in Black where I only use pokes that are considered "babies" and have not evolved. At all.
This was an idea I had, and thought it would be tough, but I also can't grind to super high levels. There are also no items, as I can't be bothered, this is going through the game remember.

:495:
Name: Snivy
Nature: Timid
Moveset: Giga Drain, leech seed, light screen, reflect
This is to help my team last longer, and leech seed is to help whittle down the stronger enemies.

:498:
Name: Tepig
Nature: Rash
Moveset: Head smash, flamethrower, wild charge, flame charge
This set that has been suggested is to do damage, while boost damaging to help deal with difficult foes.

:501:
Name: Oshawott
Nature: Mild
Moveset: Scald, ice beam, grass knot, aqua jet
Scald weakens them with burns, and priority and variation is very good.

:522:
Name: Blitzle
Nature: Rash
Moveset: Wild charge, volt switch, flame charge, stomp
Dealing as much damage as possible, and damage while switching out if also nice.

:532:
Name: Timburrrrrr with Flame orb
Nature: Adamant
Moveset: Rock slide, drain punch, mach punch, bulk up
Bulk up to increase already powerful stats (for Timburr) while helping deal damage and picking off weakened foes.

:610:
Name: Axew
Nature: Jolly
Moveset: Dragon dance, dragon claw, dig, x-scissor
Dragon dance set up and as wide diversity of moves as possible to murder eveeerything.

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Hello everybody is currently look at this very sentence!
If you have kept reading, I need you to assist me. I'm going to attempt a challenge in Black where I only use pokes that are considered "babies" and have not evolved. At all.
This was an idea I had, and thought it would be tough, but I also can't grind to super high levels. There are also no items, as I can't be bothered, this is going through the game remember.

:495:
Name: Snivy
Nature: Timid
Moveset: Giga Drain, Light Screen, Reflect, Leech Seed/Toxic/Wring Out

Snivy is best off setting up Screens to reduce damage your team takes. Trust me, you'll need it on the account of your Pokemon being babies.

Obviously, there isn't a lot of variety that can be done. You can even look at his movepoll, just grass and normal. There isn't a lot of variety needed either so it's fine.

:498:
Name: Tepig
Nature: Mild/Rash
Moveset: Head Smash, Flamethrower/Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Flame Charge

Mild is -Def and Rash is -SpD. He needs a complete overhall tbh. Grass Knot can stay, though. Flamethrower or Flare Blitz is a matter of preference. Wild Charge allows him to not be totally helpless against bulky water types. Head Smash allows him to hurt other fire types. Flame Charge allows him to increase his speed to just above usable.
Tepig is also not aas varied but it's a bit better. I will give is grass know as a tm so it's alright. It's the most varied I can do.

:501:
Name: Oshawott
Moveset: Surf/Scald, ice beam, Aqua Jet, grass knot

If you want further reduction of physical damage, use Scald, otherwise use Surf, not both. Nature depends on which one of his defenses you can take a hit on. Mild is -Def and Rash is -SpD. Aqua Jet picks off weaker Pokemon.

Again, this is really hard to think of a good moveset when the stats are low. Special attack is just a little bit higher, so I can do a modest set. Suggestions?

:522:
Name: Blitzle
Moveset: Wild Charge, Volt Switch, Stomp, Flame Charge

Volt Switch and Wild Charge serve different purposes. Volt Switch is for getting out of a hairy situation while preserving momentum and giving another Pokemon exp. Wild Charge is for constant damage. I recommend a +Atk nature as his Speed is already high. Refer to Oshawott for the natures explanations.
Blitzle would be a bit better if it had good moves.

:532:
Name: Timburrrrrr @ Flame/Toxic Orb (you find it in Reversal Mountain)
Nature: Adamant
Moveset: Drain Punch, rock slide, Mach Punch, Bulk Up.
No need for Low Kick or Poison Jab. They don't have good coverage. Use Mach Punch to pick off weakened foes. Bulk Up is to raise his awesome atk and def. He's the only guy I highly recommend an item on. Flame/Toxic Orb makes him unstoppable in-game. He will be a monster.
Timburr is a good one to use because while it is rather weak, it can be powerful if used correctly. I think this is correct.

:610:
Name: Axew
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Moveset: Dragon dance, dragon claw, Dig, X-Scissor

Use Dig > Slash. You get excellent coverage that way. Normal isn't good on anything without STAB.
A little baby dragon, that also likes to sweep everything to death. Murdering everything, and is forgiven just because of its looks. I recommend Jolly tbh. His Atk is already great, but his speed is lacking.

Well, that's it everybody. Remember to like, rate, and subscribe. Or, rate this team. Do it. DO. IT. NOW.
Suggestions in bold.

Last edited: