• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Blck and White Preview

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Nice, all the voices are better than the Japanese's way better than DP's dub voices.

Chimchar
Turtwig and
Piplup, had ear bleeding voices, thank you TPCI, lol at Teh-pig *Oink* and Juniper sounds so young, is that Dawn's voice?

Last edited:

halloweenghost

Nice, all the voices are better than the Japanese's way better than DP's dub voices.

Chimchar
Turtwig and
Piplup, had ear bleeding voices, thank you TPCI, lol at Teh-pig *Oink* and Junipet sounds so young, is that Dawn's voice?

yes it is her voice actor doing it.

I loved the new pokmon's voices Squeee!!!

HoennMaster

People are honestly still talking about Ash's voice?

Juniper is younger than I expected but not bad. Loved Tepig and Oshawott's voices, especially Oshawott.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
*Referring to Starters by english names now*

Oshawott - Sound better, even cuter, and it sounds like a little girl even though it's a boy, but it sounds cute, so I'm not complaining

Tepig - It sounds innocent, shy and cute, good voice.

Snivy - Sounds like a nerdy kid, like that one from the Pokeathlon, it has that smug, intelligent, kick to it's voice, I was afraid for a bit that i was wrong and that it was pronounced sniv-ee, not Sn-eye-vee. Luckily i was right sniv-ee just sounds wrong.

That's what i forgot, i miss Ash's Advanced generation, johto voice, but if it was changed, it would sound weird now.

I found a video of it, it's mirrored, don't know if it's allowed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKB8nIYvTIk

Last edited:

'Ferno

Top-Down Trainer
The voices are awesome, I'm really liking Sarah's performance nowadays as it really fits the character if you kinda suppress the memories of his old one. I like how she emotes her lines now like she's really into it and enjoying herself, and I always liked how her tone kinda sounds similar to the Japanese counterpart, well, to my ears anyway.

The Pokemon sound good as well, and so does the professor who I thought would have a deeper-ish voice- but is great all the same since I have no clue how old she's supposed to be anyway.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Yeah that "Tepig... OINK" was funny.:D I agree, Ash's voice sounds good, same with the Professor Juniper, I like Tepig's voice better then the 3, Sn-eye-vee sounds dumb, and Oshawott sounds like a girl... and yeah. Ahem.

I've wanted to know when I watch the Dub, the colors look a bit off, like instead of how Ash's skin color looks in the original, in the Dub, it looks lighter but in this preview, it looks exactly like the original, texture & color wise.

Last edited:

Kaia

Wow, i'm actually looking forward to BW already. I don't have an issue with any of the voices, and Sarah's performance of Ash has improved dramatically. I really have adjusted to her voicing of Ash now. Juniper sounds good, and Oshawott's sounds adorable! ~

Maxim

Beyond repair
"Videos are available only in United States. Sorry."

RACISM. RACISM EVERYWHERE.

I guess I'm not losing much, as it had no news.

RocketTwurpSLR

pokemonmaniacSLR
hmm i agree sarah notochenny does sound better then she used to

i got used to ash's voice just in the middle of battle dimensoin, i do cringe a little bit when battle frontier is on, but i just laughed at it (i always see the funny side of it)i remember my mom saying he sounded like a 19 year old, then she said "thats a girl playing ash" and i was like i know

just hope they dont change his voice again! (unless its veronica)

its funny cuz just before pokemon SLV IS ON (over here in the uk)
dinosaur king is on and im like "its ash's voice"(and sometimes i here jessie's voice) and no matter how we want ash's old voice back.

we have to stick with his sarah natochenny voice for now, and im used to hearing it now so thats ok, but when you hear ash's old voice its still much better then the new one.

i liked the trailer, we would probably know shooti's dub name in a few days or so-- i was waiting for him to speak (crosses fingers--do not have pauls voice) i bet bill rogers (the dude who voices brock) will voice him or the guy who played conway/nando/harley

i thought it was a little wierd hearing ash's dub voice with his brown eyes!

but o well i cant wait to watch!!!

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
That sounded great! Thats how pokemon should sound. I don't have a complaint with anything in that video, Ash's voice has gotten so much better and Professor Juniper sounds perfect. Love the pokemon voices too. Plus original BGM, oh I hope that means what I think it does :D

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Compare her Ash now to BF yes and there is so much improvement. Anyone remember Roger's Ash?

Chimchar15

Listen I didn't say she hasn't gotten better it's just I still don't like it. People have opinions you know? I stick to the raw.

Sarah's Ash is perfectly fine now. The only time it was hard to listen to was back in Battle Frontier when she first started.

Ash actually sounds like an energetic kid, he's perfectly fine. Think of all the alternate voices other cartoon characters have had, Ash is no different.

Yes I know that it's just when she tries to make Ash sound energetic it sounds like Ash just sat on something really uncomfortable. Or the fact where Ash doesn't even need to say something with any emphasis on it like "That's great", or something like that.

Last edited:

Crystal_Power

The Champion!
Wow, I'm just amazed... Honestly!

The dub voice are wonderful, and i'm not being generous lol. Ash's voice has definitely improved, Dawns VA seems to have mor life in her and The Pokemon voices aren't bad either. But gee, I really wish they showed Iris and Cilan.

matt0044

If the show finally keeps the orginal BGM and the voices continue to be good, then I'm definitely going to keep up with the dub

I hope so too but it seems like a big "if."

Crystal_Power

The Champion!
If the show finally keeps the orginal BGM and the voices continue to be good, then I'm definitely going to keep up with the dub

Yes, I forgot to mention the BGM. I hope this mean they're keeping it. Still wonder what they'll do with the opening.

catzeye

Writer's Block
OMG!! Ash's voice has gotten a lot better.

I like Professor Juniper's voice. It sounded energetic.
Tepig's voice was shy but cute
Oshawott's voice was ADORABLE!!! Love it's voice the best!
Snivy's voice was deep. I didn't expect it to be that deep but somehow it works.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Since it's one of the only times we see that Snivy and Tepig, I'm not too fussed.

Ash's will probably have different voices.