• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Blck and White Preview

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I know. PUSA checks these forums though so maybe they might see this and other post and think of a way to get the origanel VA back. But I HIGHLY doubt that.

Yes because one post will change their hearts completely and they'll want to bring the old VA's back, despite the current ones doing well(the human voices are good, don't get me started on the Pokemon). Keep on dreaming because only in your dreams, that will happen.:)

I never said the anime was ruined for ever. I just think pokemon's changed too much. I understand there doing it for the newer fans but I think ash's new voice doesnt fit his personality.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's a person that likes 4kids and their horrible dub. Do you realize that getting the show taken away from 4kids alone was enough of a challenge? And people like you would be willing to let those greedy monsters have the show back just to get the cast back! Never mind the fact that doing so would mean that they would have to possibly re-cast new characters that were introduced after the switch, and possibly have to re-cast Meowth AGAIN for obvious reasons. Not only that but if the old cast returns, that would mean Eric getting James back, and there is no excuse for his portrayal of James, none.

'Ferno

Top-Down Trainer
Sorry to butt-in here, but I thought 4kids did an epic job with the series and was one of their only great ones. Movies like Jirachi Wishmaker were spectacularly handled, not to mention the little things they added here and there like the "who's that pokemon" and "Trainers choice" things. (Yes, I know about the Seviper thing and the Water's weak to fire thing- even the donuts and sandwiches but still.)

Also, what was wrong with James' 4kids voice? Obviously TPCi didn't have much of a problem with it since they got a sound-a-like for him like they did everyone else rather than change it completely.

The fact that Eric was only able to make James sound gay goofy, but couldn't be serious at all. This is a problem due to the fact that Team Rocket is about to become dead serious characters once BW starts.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
No TPCi vs. 4kids flamewars, please. Keep it civil, don't scream for old VAs to come back because the new ones suck, don't scream 4kids should go to hell. I think that's a feasible mission~

So, how about discussing that neat little preview :D

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
If there's one thing I can't stand it's a person that likes 4kids and their horrible dub. Do you realize that getting the show taken away from 4kids alone was enough of a challenge? And people like you would be willing to let those greedy monsters have the show back just to get the cast back! Never mind the fact that doing so would mean that they would have to possibly re-cast new characters that were introduced after the switch, and possibly have to re-cast Meowth AGAIN for obvious reasons. Not only that but if the old cast returns, that would mean Eric getting James back, and there is no excuse for his portrayal of James, none.

Well Eric quit voice acting in 2009 so there is no need to worry. The only people to return would be Veronica since Rachel joined Pusa in BD. Wait you liked the current James over Eric? I liked Ted's James.

matt0044

I liked Ted's James.

Speaking of Ted, you think he'll voice both Giovanni and James for BW to give them more of a serious edge or will Bill be able to change his James voice to sound at least remotely serious.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Speaking of Ted, you think he'll voice both Giovanni and James for BW to give them more of a serious edge or will Bill be able to change his James voice to sound at least remotely serious.

Well Ted did do Giovanni in that Yanma ep so its quite possible. As for James. Eight more days to find out!

Ted was actually my favorite of the three to be honest. And I didn't even know that Eric quit, thank Arceus. But that in mind further proves my point that if 4kids got the dub back (over my dead body) it would actually mean that more recasting would be done than returning, lets do a run down of what would happen if 4kids were to get the dub back with the original cast starting on BW:

Ash: role is given back to Veronica
Jessie: replaced for a 3rd time due to Rachael being smart and leaving 4kids
James: possibly replaced for the 4th time due to Eric quitting :) , or given back to Ted being that he was the 1st James.
Meowth: replaced for the 4th time, R.I.P. Maddie

So with that in mind is it really worth getting the cast back if it would only be one cast member returning and everyone else being replaced? I think not.

'Ferno

Top-Down Trainer
^I think you're starting to get just as worked up as the guy who said he wants 4kids back. Calm down, the new guys aren't going anywhere, all is well with the world etc.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
Trip?? Should've been Trevor. My goodness, I wanna have what TPCi is taking... :rolleyes:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well Ted did do Giovanni in that Yanma ep so its quite possible.

Ted voiced a character in the previous episode, so I'm going to assume that he'll be voicing Giovanni in the next episode. I'm not sure if he'll be voicing Giovanni for the rest of the series, but he's still working for TPCI so it may happen. He's really the only old voice actor that I see coming back to voice a character.

Trip?? Should've been Trevor. My goodness, I wanna have what TPCi is taking... :rolleyes:

Why is everyone tripping (pun intended)? I actually like the name. Heck, at least it's better than the name Shooti or one of the other names people were making up for him.

Also, I think I'm slowly falling in love with Oshawott's voice in the dub. I've been watching the preview several times, and I'm starting to get used to the voice now. Same goes for Tepig's voice.