• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Blck and White Preview

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Last edited:

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
That was kinda....eh. Just "eh." It could've sounded a little better (especially Snivy. That sounded like he had something in his nose). Kinda mad no Shooti voice.

That being said, hi original Japanese music.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Tepig's voice is average, Snivy's is a little too deep (but that shouldn't be a problem since.... well), but Oshawott's is adorable, I love it. Juniper's is nice as well, although I wish we could hear Shooti's.

And hooray for Japanese music being kept.

rocky505

I really wasn't expecting the starters to sound that way. Hopefully Ash's female Snivy will sound different then that one.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Whatever happened to "not spoiling" guys?

Eh, the voices are ok

Medea

Excalibur
Hmm...thoughts. Well, I don't like Snivy's voice one bit. Oshawott and Tepig sounded exactly what I thought they would so no issue with me. Professor Juniper, I'm suspecting is done by Emily Bauer (who is Dawn and Cynthia), so not bad.

Nice to see CN teasing us with these trailers.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Whatever happened to "not spoiling" guys?

Eh, the voices are ok

Well since its in english its not really spoiling anything. Oshawott sounds like it does in Japanese. I could careless about any of the other 165 pokemon lol

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
Oshawott actually sounds okay. Not as cute as "Miju Mijuma~" but not as annoying as "PIPLUPPIPLUPPIPLUPPIPLUP"

Rentaline99

who ya gonna call?
I'm looking forward to pronunciation. Sounds good so far.
................"Tepig*oink*" Anyone else catch that?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I'm looking forward to pronunciation. Sounds good so far.
................"Tepig*oink*" Anyone else catch that?

OMG YES! I found it funny to be honest. If people think Pokemon has bad voice go watch Beyblade Metal Fusion!

minredd

Cartoonist
Oshawott is, so, cute! I can't wait to hear Zorua and Zoroark when the movie premieres. Snivy isn't pronounced how I thought it would be, and it feels weird hearing Ash's voice in English again after watching so many subtitled episodes. I don't really like Tepig's voice, but I never really liked Tepig... But I'm so happy with Oshawott! It sounds better then I thought it would.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
not as annoying as "PIPLUPPIPLUPPIPLUPPIPLUP"

I was having a bad day until I read this :)

I thought the preview was ok. There really isn't any other way of saying it. I didn't love the voices, nor did I hate them. I guess I'm just feeling neutral. As for the music: I don't think we can use that one piece of music as evidence of what's to come. Just because they kept that piece of music from the original version of the anime, doesn't mean that they'll keep every single piece of music from now on. I mean, I would hope that it were the case, but I've learned not to expect much.

tmega90

Pokemon Trainer
Wow the voices are so cool!
I love Oshawott's! it sounds so cool!
Tepig's voice is also awesome.
Snivy sounds cool as well!
Professor Juniper sounds awesome :D!

Ash sounds awesome as well. Sarah sounds really good as his voice now.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
I know I'm an oldbie and all...buuuuuut I just still can't fully like Sarah's Ash.

I admit she's gotten much better...buuuut it's just hard.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Gah! I'm not in the US so I can't see the video :(

Chimchar15

I know I'm an oldbie and all...buuuuuut I just still can't fully like Sarah's Ash.

I admit she's gotten much better...buuuut it's just hard.

Don't feel bad I do too. It's not that I'm trying to be a downer but when I hearing her voice I love most of my interest in the show. Voices in a show really matter to me and I'm not feeling hers. One of the things that irk me is that she puts WAYYYYY to much emphasis on certain words or phrases. The preview wasn't bad but I'll stick to the raws and subs.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Sarah's Ash is perfectly fine now. The only time it was hard to listen to was back in Battle Frontier when she first started.

Ash actually sounds like an energetic kid, he's perfectly fine. Think of all the alternate voices other cartoon characters have had, Ash is no different.