• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Blissful World

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
no need to worry about it..........
handyman is MIA and has been for about 2 weeks, I suggest waiting until he decides to pop back up. Until then the RPG has came to a standstill, and I mean like halted dead in its track.

ViewtifulJoe

Hero of Movie Land
Weird... it says he signed on a couple of hours ago, yet he hasn't posted here for a while...

rotrum

Ice Cold
@Polar Star: Technically the moon reflect the sun's light and all stars are suns. So Morning Light would heal at night.

*doesn't plan to write anytihng this update*

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
I think he lied to us........................................................
Where is the banhammer? I wanna ban him from the RPG :D

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Ventus3 I do hope you know that you're applying for an RPG that isn't going to move on, sorry to say that the sign-up was made in vain.

Handyman isn't updating the RPG and probably won't look in here. Sorry.

ViewtifulJoe

Hero of Movie Land
Can we replace Handyman? Is there some kind of protocol for switching control of an RP from a noncommittal Game Master to another?

Handy?

It's that one guy
Considering it's my RP, and I posted a message in the discussion topic yesterday about why I wasn't continuing for now, I'm sorta depressed that this is going on. If I honestly felt any of the roleplayers here could take the RP and continue it through to the end of the plot by themselves, I would do so, and I probably think one of the members who never actually complained and I know to be a good RPer could do so, but I'm not really sure I want to let this RP leave my hands, when I know in a few months time I'll be back to start and see this RP through. Do you know how damn annoying it is to find members attempting to kick you out of your own RP which you worked damn hard on making? Extremely. And I'd just like to apologise to those who have waited without complaint for me to update or their sign ups to be accepted, but I am not apologising to those who attempted to boot me out of something that only I know the plot off, which would probably be a bit of a mistake, if you understand what I'm saying.

This Sign up thread has been really interesting, as it's made me realise two things. One, listen to TBGs advice and be stricter on who's accepted, and Two, I shouldn't accept some of these people in future for near-constant whining, something that doesn't help anything in all honesty.

ViewtifulJoe

Hero of Movie Land
I'm sorry if you feel hurt by this, but if you go too long without contacting us while you still frequent the Serebii boards, what are we supposed to think? Just continue the RP without the Game Master. Yes, you spent months on this RP, but does that mean it's okay for you to make all of our sign-ups and such worthless after your long hiatus. The least you could do is show some respect by contacting us. I checked your profile often, with it saying you were on Serebii just a few hours before me, yet there wasn't a post during that time.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
meh, just cause I'm a whiner doesn't mean I can't be a good RPer. And I never mentioned about kicking you out of your own RPG. So before jumping down at the RPers throat and saying that we should have been able to make something up, remember who was the one that started the RPG off... You.

How would you feel if a Moderator took his time in removing spam posts from one of your threads. And it took over two weeks just to get him to finally do it, how would you feel?

Anyways, If you do decide to redo this, I'll probably not join as it is hard to tell if you're really are dedicated to seeing an RPG to it's end based off of what you have said and among other things. Thanks and have a good day.

Handy?

It's that one guy
Like Ysavryl, I am highly amused by Laze, and my character will reflect this. I HEART IRONY!!!!

Oh, and feel free to brick me for the horrendous puns.

And yes, I'm a shameless Fire Emblem fanboy.

Name: Ilyana Miam
Sex: Female
Hometown/Area: Linten, Laze
Chosen Pokemon: Electabuzz

Appearance: Ilyana looks incredibly fragile, with ghostly-pale skin, and a lithe body. She stands at a very modest 5”5, and her tiny body weighs in at a miserable 50 kilograms. Her petite size, combined with the fact that she is very flat-chested, causes strangers to assume that she is only fourteen or fifteen, rather than seventeen. Her limbs are stick-thin, and as such, when she walks, or does anything, she always looks like she's about to keel over. She has a very tired, almost sickly demeanour.

That said, she has a pretty face. The paleness, perfectness of her skin makes her look like a porcelain doll; she's almost false; but her shiny, emerald eyes seem to counteract this. It is this strange contradiction of reality and fiction that makes Ilyana pretty, almost truly beautiful. She wears her light brown hair straight down to the middle of her back, but it is quite greasy and dirty, as she washes it rarely. This also causes quite a bit of frizz, making it quite unkempt.

As for clothing, Ilyana wears a plain mint-green blouse, with a thin, lilac cotton jacket on top of this. Along with this, she wears a matching knee-length skirt, and black tights to go with her pumps. All girls in Linten accessorise, though, and Ilyana is no exception. She wears three bracelets on her right arm, one red, one blue, and one white, almost invisible against her skin. She tells time via a watch with a purple strap on her left wrist, and her finally accessory, is a conspicuous opal brooch, pinned to her jacket. This is a family heirloom which she refuses to remove, or even let anyone else touch.

Personality: Despite living in the most industrious city around, Ilyana is one of the laziest people you'll ever meet, preferring to use Magnet Rise to reach her destination, or alternatively, just manipulating people into doing whatever she needs done for her. This is one of her greatest traits... She can manipulate almost anyone into doing what she says. She's extremely good at flirting with boys, and she convinces girls that she's on their side in whatever's troubling them.

WARNING! BAD PUN ALERT!!

Surprisingly, Ilyana will devour almost anything set in front of her, as long as it's remotely edible. Amount is no limit; the girl could clear a buffet table in one sitting, if she could be bothered, and yet, she rarely gains any weight. Some theorise that she has a very large tapeworm living in her intestines, but really, she just has a very high metabolism. Food is not the only thing she devours though; Ilyana has a voracious appetite for books, both classics and modern fiction, including “To kill a Chatot”, “Of Pikachu and Men”, and her personal favourite, “Larry Topper, and the Order of the Ho-Oh”.

So, from all this, we gather that she is quite an intelligent young woman. She isn't a particularly nice character, but nor is she a complete cow. She can manipulate people, but she only does it for her own gain, not to turn them against each other, and she certainly doesn't manipulate people into doing wrong. As flirtatious as she is, she has no interest in having a boyfriend, and doesn't really have much of a social life at all. In fact, virtually all she does all day is stay in the house, lie on the couch, and read. It's a very sheltered existence...

History: Things started off bad for the Miam family. They lived in a small village on the outskirts of Laze, known as Bratius. The village's main source of income was agriculture, until a factory from Laze rolled in, needing the extra space for a new venture. At first, the villagers, including the Miams, were delighted. They'd been finding fewer and fewer buyers for their crops as of late, and poverty was beginning to set in. A new routine was set up in Bratius; women would tend to stay at home, and work the farm, while men took to the factory.

However, seeing the villagers' plight, the factory owner exploited them, paying them as little as possible, and making conditions terrible. To increase the size of the workforce, toxic chemicals were secretly leaked out into the village soils, making them infertile, and worthless. However, this meant the village had to import food from Laze, which was incredibly expensive. They fell even deeper into the poverty trap.

Joshua Miam, Ilyana's father, only wanted the best for his wife and recently born daughter. He also wanted to strike back at the corrupt factory owner. And so, he formulated a plan. Much of the factory equipment was incredibly dangerous, and training given was minimal. If a worker was to have an “accident” on the job, he would receive either a huge cash pay-off, or (theoretically at least) sue the proverbial pants off the factory. Joshua knew law – he had studied it at university in Linten, where he himself was born (he moved to marry his wife), and he knew there was a strong possibility this would work. If it did, he could whisk his family back to Linten, and live a life of relative luxury.

However, his plan went wrong, but not in the way he had expected. He ended up being killed by the machinery in a brutal fashion, but, fortunately, he had informed his wife of the possibility of suing. By using the family rainy-day fund, Rebecca Miam, Ilyana's mother, paid for a professional lawyer, who successfully won the case, and took the factory to the cleaners. With this, Rebecca and Ilyana moved to Linten, purchasing a small house in the suburbs. She took a job as a housekeeper to support the family from there. Joshua Miam was buried with a smile on his face.

Meanwhile, Ilyana herself grew up without knowing her father. Possibly lamenting this, she buried herself in her books; it was as though she preferred the world of fiction to that of reality. Despite considerable intelligence, she performed distinctly averagely in school, simply too lazy to do any more work than was necessary. Her social life was non-existent, though she did get asked out on several dates. All of them were turned down. Flash forward to the present day. Any money Ilyana comes in to is spent on novels, and she spends almost all of her time in her room alone, reading them. It's quite a sad, lonely existence.

Skills: Ilyana's intelligence gives her a lot of potential for skills, but she lacks the drive for them. However, she reads at a very high level, and extremely quickly.

Abilities:

• Thunder Wave: A defensive move, Ilyana emits a sharp jolt, which temporarily stuns whatever she aims at, usually considered a threat. Like most Electric techniques, if used without the correct focus and precision, Ilyana can end up electrocuting herself.
  • Magnet Rise: Another usually defensive move, this suits the lazy Ilyana. It allows her to levitate herself above the ground a few feet for a limited time. She usually uses it to hover short distances. This move cannot cause electrocution.
  • Live Wire: Ilyana's sole offensive move, it allows her to form a tendril of electrical energy from her hand, and use it to whip foes. The tendril is roughly ten feet long, but incorporates a lot of electrical energy, and as such, can very easily kill her if not used correctly. However, the positives of the move far outweigh the negatives, as such energy is bound to leave a rather painful mark on the enemy, and the tendril has some utility as a rope, or possibly a grappling hook.

Other: Nothing I can think of!

RPG Sample: The grey clouds were a common sight in Linten... The many factories released a great deal of smoke into the air. It had been this way so long, people began to confuse the clouds and the smoke, as they became interlocked, yet still somehow beautiful, and artistic in a way. The sky wasn't what Ilyana focussed on though. No, she watched the man “driving” the Yenton, which was taking her home. He flapped his arms chaotically, and it made for an amusing sight... It was potentially very dangerous, as he could easily lose concentration, killing the pair instantly, but the teenager didn't exactly give a damn about that. It had been a long day at school, and the waiting for the lunch period in particular had been unbearable... It was a foolish man who stood between Ilyana Miam, and her next meal.

Finally, home in time for dinner. As usual, the second she got home, Ilyana used Magnet Rise to get herself upstairs, stripped off the hideous, grey plaid school uniform, and showered, letting the hot water rinse her tiredness away. Pulling on her usual outfit, her stomach began to rumble. I get it, I'm hungry again...

“Good evening, mother,” she said, kissing the red-headed woman on the cheek as they sat down to dinner. A decent-sized steak, with a fresh garden salad.

“How was school?”

No answer. Ilyana wasn't much for talking during meals. That didn't stop her mother trying, though. After a few more attempts to coax an answer to this simple question out of her daughter, Rebecca Miam gave up and sighed. Another meal in silence...

Later that evening, Ilyana was, as per usual, alone in her room. Comfortable in her swivel-chair, she was deep in the heart of “To kill a Chatot”. Subconsciously, she fingered the brooch on her lapel. According to her mother, it had been passed down through her father's family, though she knew nothing of them. Her grandparents had passed before her birth, and she recalled nothing of her father. [I[Joshua Miam... What a peculiar man he must have been.[/I] She briefly set down the book, to ponder the man. According to the photograph of her parents' wedding day, he had been relatively handsome, with shiny blue eyes, and soft brown hair. This, combined with the fact that he “gave his life to ensure our future”, was all she had to go on. She had no idea what this even meant. He gave his life? How? How did it ensure their future? Any time the teen asked her mother, she became silent.

Such thoughts of her father quickly passed when Ilyana was truly engrossed in a book, and she was just getting to the trial scenes in “To kill a Chatot”. She picked it up, found her place, and was found the next morning still in her chair, sleeping peacefully, book draped on her lap.

Approved.

Here goes nothing...

Name: Sven Lanford

Sex: Male

Hometown/Area: Fovia

Chosen Pokemon: Espeon

Appearance: Sven stands at around five feet, eight inches. He's considered to be the skinniest boy in Boryl, weighing in at 89 pounds. He's never exercised a day in his life and it shows. He has the muscular structure of an 8 year old girl. He has thin, aquamarine colored eyes that tend to shift to a deep shade of green when his eyes are wet, through crying, rain, or otherwise. His nose is slightly large and, other than that, looks rather usual.

He has long, straight dark brown hair, just above his shoulders in the back and slightly covering his left eye. He was often teased because of his hair as well, but never cared enough to have it cut. It naturally grew that way and he didn't want to adjust to not seeing his hair in his face. He wears a constant look of disinterest upon his face, due to his previously uneventful life. His skin color is about average, maybe slightly tanner.

His recurring outfit consists of a dark blue short-sleeved shirt resting on top of an extremely long-sleeved (an inch or so past his fingertips) black shirt. He also wears an oddly colored blue chain around his neck, which once belonged to his father.

Personality: Sven is an extremely intelligent man, suiting well his Psychic type. He's extremely pessimistic, constantly plagued by thoughts such as, "I'll never get to meet my Pokemon. It's futile to even try." As such, he spent most of his childhood distancing himself from others who had their partners already, due to his jealousy. He would go as far as to lock himself in his room to get away from his parents when it got especially bad. He's recovered from his jealous fits since then. He's an extremely nice person; once a pacifist by every definition of the word. He would often go out of his way to help the people who treated him with kindness. As such, the friends he made, however few they were, were extremely close to him. One of the most quiet people in his neighborhood, he rarely spoke to anyone who didn't address him directly. He spent most of his free time in the fields of Fovia, looking at the stars. He's terrified of bee-esque Pokemon or bee-esque Bug type humans.

History: Sven's family was pretty wealthy. Not insanely rich, not too poor. Sven's father, Jack, was an electric type. He worked at the Boryl Electric Company. His mother, Westa, was a Grass type that worked a small farm outside of the Lanford's house. Sven went to school at Boryl Elementary with his best friend, Evan. Evan Crowley was a boy of moderate wealth and something of a wallflower. This isn't surprising, since he was a Dark type. Evan and Sven were inseparable. Their stay at Boryl Elementary was cut short one afternoon, however. One of the school bullies broke into the school the night before and wrote graffiti all over their teacher's desk. The next day, the bullies had blamed Evan and Sven. The two were expelled from school. Evan wanted revenge, but Sven said to let it be. The two argued constantly from then on. Until then, they never really saw each other's differences. Evan eventually got so ****** that he Shadow Clawed Sven. It was a minor cut to his arm and did no major physical damage, but Sven was emotionally torn apart. Sven started wearing long sleeves underneath his short sleeves to hide the cut he received from his best friend, and kept wearing them from that day on. One night, during a massive storm, a couple of Water types from Jylla, decided that it was a good idea to sabotage Boryl Electric. Jylla, a small Water-type village, had been jealous of Boryl for it's abundant electricity, yet hated Electric types. They had tried to buy some of Boryl's electricity, but the deal turned sour and Jylla were sent home with a no. The Jyllan saboteurs were caught by Sven's father, and Jack was outnumbered. Jack, on the verge of death, grabbed his foes and struck himself with Thunder, killing both himself and his foes. He had saved Boryl Electric at the cost of his life. Westa, overcome with grief, stopped eating all together, eventually dying. He started staying at his aunt Cloe's house. On his 16th birthday, his wish was to get away from Boryl and his misfortunes. His aunt told him about Marshall, and Sven decided to enlist.

Skills: Sven is a swift runner, enjoys sudoku, chess, and he's an expert at eating tacos. (Hey, you said nothing was too small.)

Abilities: Psychic - Blasts the foe with brain waves, slamming into them for extreme damage.
Future Sight - See events happen shortly before they occur. Mainly used in defense.
Morning Sun - Restores the health of whoever Sven chooses. Restores more health depending on the time of day. Does nothing when the sun is down.

RPG Sample: Sven sighed and tossed his hair to the side as he left Aunt Cloe's house. Cloe waved to him and yelled, "Hope you don't die!" Sven chuckled. She never was the most tactful person. With that out of the way, Sven darted forward, Boryl's beautiful meadows a blur to him as he shot by. He was extra careful to avoid Jylla on his way to Relgran. However, Jylla wasn't too careful to avoid him. A girl about Sven's age crossed his path, with black hair down to her back. She glanced him a cold look and it started to rain, blocking out the sun. Sven sighed heavily, "Look, lady. I don't want any trouble." She laughed and aimed a Water Gun at Sven that he leapt away from and darted off into the distance. The girl chased after him, but couldn't keep up. The rain seemed to go on endlessly. Sven decided to camp out until the rain ended. It was going to be a long journey to Relgran.

Pending->Denied (This basically means it's close to denied, but I'll give another chance). Basically, all of the different catagories are too short. The sample would not be acceptable by Serebii standards as an RP post, nor my standards. Everything just needs to actually go in the limits I've provided, and until they do, I obviously can't accept you.
Okay, I edited it. I may also have a pic up shortly.
Approved

meh, just cause I'm a whiner doesn't mean I can't be a good RPer. And I never mentioned about kicking you out of your own RPG. So before jumping down at the RPers throat and saying that we should have been able to make something up, remember who was the one that started the RPG off... You.
First off, in regard to never mentioning kicking me out my own RP
I think he lied to us........................................................
Where is the banhammer? I wanna ban him from the RPG :D

And secondly, I know I'm the one who started off the RP. I never claimed you were a bad RPer. Just think of it this way. Would you prefer a average RPer who whines all the time who's active, or a great RPer who can only post once or twice a week who makes top quality posts every single time. I'd prefer the latter. I never said you should have been able to make something up. I didn't ask you to do so. I didn't ask you to do anything, and left you all in the dark, but that doesn't mean that I'm telling you to move my Roleplay on without me. No, either contact me (which you didn't) about it, or wait, rather than just sitting in the topics and complaining about it.

How would you feel if a Moderator took his time in removing spam posts from one of your threads. And it took over two weeks just to get him to finally do it, how would you feel?
Pretty annoyed if I honestly cared about that stuff, but would I whine about it in the thread? No. I'd contact him.

Anyways, If you do decide to redo this, I'll probably not join as it is hard to tell if you're really are dedicated to seeing an RPG to it's end based off of what you have said and among other things. Thanks and have a good day.
Turns out I've changed my mind and I'm continuing the roleplay anyway, but have fun with a dramatic exit and whatnot.

Anyway, the people I've just accepted will be given their abilities shortly, and my post will be up in about half an hour. Look out for it.

Ventus3

Waiting for summer
((Sorry about putting my sign up down. If there are still any open spots, here is my sign up.))
Name: Ana Linda
Hometown/Area: Blue Sky Fields, Fovia.
Chosen Pokemon: Beautifly
Appearance:
Ana is a young girl that stands at a height of five feet and two inches. She is dwarfed when standing next to her other family members which are all at least five inches taller than her, including her mother. She has slightly tanned skin freckled from the sun with slight pink undertones that show through at the cheeks. Her face is tanned by the constant sun exposure she experiences as she travels; her wavy golden hair is highlighted by the harsh sun's rays constantly beating down on it. Her thick hair flows wavily down to her petite chest. Her oval shaped sky blue eyes sparkle with the excitement of a bubbly young adult. She possesses a small nose which has a straight bridge, becoming barely noticeable compared to her other facial features. Her small lips are almost always curled up in a calm smile, showing her content with her current station. She possesses no sort of cosmetic products besides a brush, so she has never put on make-up, and she most likely will not unless she moves to a more populated area.

Ana's body is petite and not very lean or strong. The only notably unusual feature that she has is on her back; on her back, a medium sized pair of butterfly wings sprouts out of her back as the result of the Pokemon that fate chose upon her at birth. The more humanoid features that she possesses include her delicate arms and hands, which are used to only carrying things such as food and merchandise that she helps her father sell out in the other small towns in Fovia. From her narrow torso come her short legs which are almost as short as her torso, not making her able to move very fast, or for that matter, an athletic individual. This also makes her very dependent on the wings that are on her back, and much less dependent on walking.

Her outfits are more often more suited for sunny, summertime weather, with the occasional bright colored jacket for one of those rainy days. The most common colors in her outfits tend to be yellow; light blue; red; black; and the occasional bright pink piece which catches her interest. She is most often seen wearing a spaghetti strap sun-dress, or some sort of specially tailored sundress so that her wings can come out of her back without difficulty. On the few rainy days she comes across, she normally wears a bright pink raincoat, a pair of black boots, and carries an umbrella with black and a bright pink outline of a beautifly on the side facing up. Besides rainy days, her foot ware tends to gravitate towards sandals and simple lace-up shoes that won't fall off whilst flying.
Personality:

Ana is a very simple, easy to please person. She doesn't have to really look to hard to find the things that she wants because she doesn't set her goals too high. While other people are setting out to do things that seem nearly impossible, she is content just helping her father sell stuff, and learn how to be a merchant. Ana is thus not very quick to criticize others. People believe that she is just dumb because of this, while others appreciate her simplicity. When she does take the chance to say something, it is a very clear, easy to understand statement: almost like a moral. Ana sees herself as a person that is not perfect, but is at a proper station in her life and wishes to calmly keep it that way for awhile before moving on.

Ana is very approachable, and will have friendly conversations with perfect strangers. Ana loves to meet new people, and tends to think about other people more than herself. Ana tends to avoid more complex conversations, though; they tend to leave her with a lot of questions that might not be answered as simply as she wishes. While Ana does know that there are people out there that are much more intelligent or complex than she is, she still tends to avoid discussing topics of that matter unless she can speak of those topics in a manner that regular people can understand. Another thing that she tends to avoid is criticism, especially non-constructive criticism. While she does know that most people criticize for the best, she does not like to have her feelings hurt, and often becomes sad for a day or two if somebody questions her or does not like an action that she has done.

In regards to authority, she has not ever really been taught by her parents directly to respect authority besides the Elders, but she does so anyway. She has an easy, direct sense of right and wrong. One of the things on this list of moral principles is respecting people who are older and the elder of the Blue Sky Fields, which is important to her since the village elder leads the village in the area, and thus is an important guide for the people of the villagers of the Blue Sky Fields. She also treats her parents with respect, and never feels the need to rebel or criticize them, as she knows that their actions are for the most part, in their children's' best interests.

The only time when Ana feels sad or conflicted, is when people close to her begin to fall into conflict. She feels a pressing urge to try and help resolve it, but then the conflicting message from her mind telling her to avoid conflict because it would just make her feel worse if she made it worse for the people involved in it. Ana is thus not a person that likes to fight or resort to violence, because it makes her feel guilt and regret. This innate need for a stable, peaceful mental environment sets the basis for which her conversational, calm and generally warm personality. Of course, this cannot always be maintained, and that's where Ana's personality problem comes in: her inability to actually solve conflict. Ana's mind is not used to much conflict, so she often finds herself a lot less willing to talk to people when something is making her nervous or uncomfortable. And if the problem isn't resolved with help with outside help, then the conflict will just fester until it becomes too much for her and she becomes a person who is easily agitated and much harder to please than she normally is. When she is in a bad mood like this, she tends to express herself more through less vocal methods like writing and drawing.
History:

Ana was born into a small village in a southern part of Fovia called the Blue Sky Fields. Her family consisted of her brother, Reed Jr. who was five years older than her; her wise, but sometimes mouthy mother, Mayella Linda; and her quiet, respectable father, Reed Linda. Her village was rather small and simple minded like herself; the only thing that she really ever had to work hard for was food. Food in the fields was somewhat scarce outside of buffalo season, so the people who could fly were often given the burden of journeying out to the forest to forage for berries and other sources of food until the buffalo came back. In the village, powers were able to be openly used, and were encouraged to be used in a productive manner from an early age. At the age of five, she found herself often helping her brother and dad bring food that her father and older brother harvested to the center of town, where a small hut containing reserves was located to be used in the case the berries in the woodland declined suddenly.

At the age of six, Ana began attending a very small school, where all of the grades Pre-K through twelve were taught in a small facility with only five classrooms, a short hallway, a square field of grass which had a playground, and a small office which was solely occupied by teachers. Since attending the school was voluntary, Ana could only manage to attend school in the earlier parts of her life when she did not yet have her ability to fly, and was thus unable to serve the role of a forager in the distant forest that the community drew a large amount of its food from. As Ana's wings grew in upon the opening of the evolution of the Pokemon she was bonded to from a Silcoon to a Beautifly at the age of ten, she soon found a more important calling for her village than to get an education. She soon became busy with helping her father gather food by the age of twelve when her wings became fully functional and she could fly far enough to make it to the forest. In response to this, her brother, who was seventeen at the time, found his role to be progressively less important. He soon began to consider his options, knowing that there were places outside of Fovia where he could get away from this pathetically meager life of a forager.

Ana soon came to know her dislike of conflict painfully well. She watched helplessly for the next two years as her Mother and Father constantly fought with their son, who was beginning to disrupt the peaceful village with various acts of vandalism such as graffiti art and petite theft. Ana soon became unable to talk to her Mother, nor Father, nor brother as she went on foraging trips alone in hopes that she could calm herself down. In an attempt to also avoid going home, she began to go to the local school again. This allowed her to somewhat express her feelings in various writing and art assignments, often portraying a girl that felt trapped.

As the teachers began speaking about their concerns with Ana's parents, Reed Jr.'s delinquency soon forced itself out of the picture. Reed Jr., upon seeing his parents appearing to be more concerned about his little sister than him, who in his eyes, had taken his role in the village that he now loathed, angrily left the village with his belongings. This left Ana mentally scarred and still leaves an impact on her. Whenever conflict arises around her now, she feels like it'll just end up like the conflict between her brother and her parents: with no way to stop it. After talking about her depression-like behavior, her parents and the teachers eventually tried to cheer up Ana. It seemed to work, but they were never certainly sure.

Now, at the age of nineteen, her village has changed recently. Now being able to make contact with the outside world, trade has begun to start up here between far away nations that wish to trade food for the pure water that flow from a large river in Sky Blue Fields. This has made Ana's role of gathering less important, but still practiced nonetheless. The more prevalent job of selling goods to foreign people have arrived, causing her dad to become more of a merchant than a forager. Wishing to pursue her father's new profession, Ana has begun to assist him in hopes that she will gain skills necessary to become a merchant. Because of the foreign humans that come to conduct small-scale trade here, Ana also has begun to discover that off in those distant nations, people know things that are more complex and advanced; that there are people that do things other than gathering food and leading a village. A more important thing that Ana has discovered is that other villages are not necessarily so far away. Ana's father, using a map, had traveled with Ana with him, to various villages and establishments in Fovia, showing her the diverse people that live nearby. Ana has now become aware of the people and world around her, and is not sure whether to accept it or not.

Skills:
Art: Ana has found that she can draw butterflies particularly well.
Writing: Ana's simple writing is able to be interpreted easily by most people, writing brings out a more intelligent side of her simplicity that other people don't expect from her.

Abilities:

Flight(flying): This is an ability that has become very valuable to her over the years. It allows her to take flight, but because of the type of wings she has, she is not able to fly much higher than fifty feet above the ground, and cannot fly in harsh weather or windy skies for fear of injuring her wings or losing control. The maximum speed she can fly is about 20 miles per hour.

Silver Wind(bug): Basically, like the attack, Ana releases powder produced by her wings that inflicts damage to the opponent. Ana is not aware of this skill yet as she has not really come into any sort of violent conflict.

Scent Sensitive(bug): An ability that allows her to pick up on scents that normal people would normally not notice or barely smell at all. This one has not really affected her enough to really even notice its presence at all.

Other: She likes her tea cold.

RPG Sample: ((Mind if I possibly make this a prologue to my first post? It'd really help to explain why she's in some other nation or something like that. It'd also help to explain how she is relavent to the other characters if she's forced to travel to a place where the other characters are.))

Ana's closed eyes began to slowly open in her small room. Emerging from her bed in her pajamas, she could feel the darkness consuming her room in an almost unbearable cold. Without any sort of ventilation system to spare her from the chilly air that seeped in from inside the night before, she merely breathed into her hands and rubbed them against one another as she walked over to the cream colored curtains covering her window and opening them. Brushing a large strand of her golden hair away from her eyes, she looked out the window and rubbed her arms as a soft pink light began to tint the night horizon. Seeing the signal for the coming of day, Ana soon began to get ready. Ana contentedly hummed a little tune to herself as she stretched her arms out while bathed in the increasing light coming in from the window.

Ana soon opened her closet and changed from her pajamas into a yellow plaid, spaghetti strap sundress that had caught the attention of her once droopy eyes, which were now awake looking at the pattern with interest. She kept on humming as she looked at herself in the mirror that was next to her closet. She was a little bit dirty, but it didn't really matter to her. She had bathed in the river a few days ago so she didn't really feel like she was too dirty to go out in public, so she took out a small brush and brushed her golden hair into place. Finally, she flapped her wings a few times as she hopped a few steps to a pair of brown sandals and then headed out of her room.
Upon coming out of her room, she simply walked down the hallway to come across her father, expectedly sitting down eating what appeared to be a green fruit imported from some land that had a climate more temperate than the warm climate of Sky Blue Fields. She sat down in a wooden seat worn from age and made casual eye contact with her dad who was sitting across from her. They were separated by a small, worn old table that had seen much in its use.

"So, Dad, where are we off to today?" Ana asked her dad, wondering what sort of place he was going to sell his items today.

"It'll be a surprise," Ana's Dad winked as the window behind him soon became filled with the passionate scarlet light of early dawn.

Ana's simple mind kept the possiblity open. She did not want to really worry about where they were going to go, for she trusted her Dad, and her Dad trusted her back. Unfortunately to her lack of prior knowledge, her Dad had something else for her to do, and he was not sure if she was willing to do it. Ana was not really used to surprise's, so her father reasoned that if he kept it that way, then Ana would be more willing to follow again until he had to tell her what exactly he wanted her to do. Soon, the blaze of the sun began to consume the window as part of it reached up out of the horizon, bringing a passionate and comforting blaze of orange.

Ana rummaged through the kitchen until she found where the apples were and took one. She ate the sour fruit, noting how it tasted quite different from the berries that were in the forest that she used to go to almost daily at an earlier point in her life. After eating the green, sphere-like apple, she quickly threw it into a black trash bin and walked to the door. Her dad soon followed and then opened the door as they stepped outside together into the outside world. Ana and her father had to squint their eyes for a bit before finally becoming adjusted to the light outside.

After opening their eyes completely, a vivid view of the flat fields outside of the village began to become illuminated under the dawn's fiery pallette of colors. The grass blended away into a bright orange light as the horizon became more obscured. The dewy grass shifted under Ana's feet as she walked, making her slide and almost slip a few times. Her father walked well ahead of his daughter. As soon as they reached a suitable point where the wind was blowing calmly in to the northwest, Ana's father's shirt tore at the back as a pair of bright orange, moth-like wings grew to their full extend before he flapped them and leaped into the air, taking off where the wind would make him travel. Ana soon followed suit, flapping her brightly colored wings as the winds lifted her up, free from the ground.

The flight was pleasantly long, letting Ana catch wonderful view of the sun rising up from the horizon and the sound of birdsong that began to become more common as they neared a forest. The winds were warm, the sunlight was warm, everything seemed like relaxing, until Ana's mind suddenly stopped at a random thought. Wait, why didn't dad bring the stuff to sell, Ana nervously asked in her mind as she began to wonder why Dad was taking her along this seemingly pointless venture. Despite the unpleasant thought, Ana continued to smile, her eyes curiously looking at the sky which was beginning to cool down to the sky blue that seemed so familiar to her now. Ana soon observed that they had been flying for quite awhile now.

As the flight lasted longer, and the winds began to fail, Ana became exhausted. She was not sure if she could last muh longer just flapping her wings without the aide of the tailwind. Just as she was about to give up and just start walking, her dad landed at a large clearing in the forest. Ana soon realized that her dad was holding a large sack which was tied to a wooden stick, and a picnick basket which had a paper with various locations marked. Ana was still unclear what was happening as she landed, trudging to her dad and slightly panting.

"Why exactly are we this far from . . . " Ana was interrupted.

"Ana, it's about time that you go and serve not just your village, but your family," Ana's father interrupted.

"Huh?" Ana responded with a slightly shocked voice.

"Yes, but how can you help your family? Well, that's simple! We've found where your brother is," Ana's father explained in a rushed and panicked voice.

". . . . " Ana stood, her sky blue eyes wide open, twitching slightly as she tried not to pass out.

"So, with this map, you can convince your brother to come back to the village, and then there'll be another person to help around here once again," her father huffed, his bright green eyes maintaining tense contact with his daughter's eyes.

"I-i'm not really sure if I c-c-can d-do that, honestly," Ana nervously responded with what she really thought.

"Well, you're going to have to, or else you're just going to find another person to be an apprentice to," her Father gave an ultimatum.

" . . . " Ana's eyes twitched again. "F-f-fine, I-i-i'll go," Ana nervously admitted defeat, unable to simply say no to her father.

Afterwards, Ana's father simply nodded and gave her the map. The circled location was where she currently was, and the starred loation was where her brother Reed Jr. was thought to be currently living. Ana felt butterflies in her stomach as she continued to slowly analyze the situation and simplify it. So basically, I have to drag my brother back to the village, or I'm out of an opportunity to make something of my life, Ana nervously concluded in her mind as she watched her father extend his wings and begin to ascend from the clearing.

"Don't forget to bring him back! I'm counting on you!" Ana's Father yelled as he flew off back in the direction of the village.

Handy?

It's that one guy
((Sorry about putting my sign up down. If there are still any open spots, here is my sign up.))
Name: Ana Linda
Hometown/Area: Blue Sky Fields, Fovia.
Chosen Pokemon: Beautifly
Appearance:
Ana is a young girl that stands at a height of five feet and two inches. She is dwarfed when standing next to her other family members which are all at least five inches taller than her, including her mother. She has slightly tanned skin freckled from the sun with slight pink undertones that show through at the cheeks. Her face is tanned by the constant sun exposure she experiences as she travels; her wavy golden hair is highlighted by the harsh sun's rays constantly beating down on it. Her thick hair flows wavily down to her petite chest. Her oval shaped sky blue eyes sparkle with the excitement of a bubbly young adult. She possesses a small nose which has a straight bridge, becoming barely noticeable compared to her other facial features. Her small lips are almost always curled up in a calm smile, showing her content with her current station. She possesses no sort of cosmetic products besides a brush, so she has never put on make-up, and she most likely will not unless she moves to a more populated area.

Ana's body is petite and not very lean or strong. The only notably unusual feature that she has is on her back; on her back, a medium sized pair of butterfly wings sprouts out of her back as the result of the Pokemon that fate chose upon her at birth. The more humanoid features that she possesses include her delicate arms and hands, which are used to only carrying things such as food and merchandise that she helps her father sell out in the other small towns in Fovia. From her narrow torso come her short legs which are almost as short as her torso, not making her able to move very fast, or for that matter, an athletic individual. This also makes her very dependent on the wings that are on her back, and much less dependent on walking.

Her outfits are more often more suited for sunny, summertime weather, with the occasional bright colored jacket for one of those rainy days. The most common colors in her outfits tend to be yellow; light blue; red; black; and the occasional bright pink piece which catches her interest. She is most often seen wearing a spaghetti strap sun-dress, or some sort of specially tailored sundress so that her wings can come out of her back without difficulty. On the few rainy days she comes across, she normally wears a bright pink raincoat, a pair of black boots, and carries an umbrella with black and a bright pink outline of a beautifly on the side facing up. Besides rainy days, her foot ware tends to gravitate towards sandals and simple lace-up shoes that won't fall off whilst flying.
Personality:

Ana is a very simple, easy to please person. She doesn't have to really look to hard to find the things that she wants because she doesn't set her goals too high. While other people are setting out to do things that seem nearly impossible, she is content just helping her father sell stuff, and learn how to be a merchant. Ana is thus not very quick to criticize others. People believe that she is just dumb because of this, while others appreciate her simplicity. When she does take the chance to say something, it is a very clear, easy to understand statement: almost like a moral. Ana sees herself as a person that is not perfect, but is at a proper station in her life and wishes to calmly keep it that way for awhile before moving on.

Ana is very approachable, and will have friendly conversations with perfect strangers. Ana loves to meet new people, and tends to think about other people more than herself. Ana tends to avoid more complex conversations, though; they tend to leave her with a lot of questions that might not be answered as simply as she wishes. While Ana does know that there are people out there that are much more intelligent or complex than she is, she still tends to avoid discussing topics of that matter unless she can speak of those topics in a manner that regular people can understand. Another thing that she tends to avoid is criticism, especially non-constructive criticism. While she does know that most people criticize for the best, she does not like to have her feelings hurt, and often becomes sad for a day or two if somebody questions her or does not like an action that she has done.

In regards to authority, she has not ever really been taught by her parents directly to respect authority besides the Elders, but she does so anyway. She has an easy, direct sense of right and wrong. One of the things on this list of moral principles is respecting people who are older and the elder of the Blue Sky Fields, which is important to her since the village elder leads the village in the area, and thus is an important guide for the people of the villagers of the Blue Sky Fields. She also treats her parents with respect, and never feels the need to rebel or criticize them, as she knows that their actions are for the most part, in their children's' best interests.

The only time when Ana feels sad or conflicted, is when people close to her begin to fall into conflict. She feels a pressing urge to try and help resolve it, but then the conflicting message from her mind telling her to avoid conflict because it would just make her feel worse if she made it worse for the people involved in it. Ana is thus not a person that likes to fight or resort to violence, because it makes her feel guilt and regret. This innate need for a stable, peaceful mental environment sets the basis for which her conversational, calm and generally warm personality. Of course, this cannot always be maintained, and that's where Ana's personality problem comes in: her inability to actually solve conflict. Ana's mind is not used to much conflict, so she often finds herself a lot less willing to talk to people when something is making her nervous or uncomfortable. And if the problem isn't resolved with help with outside help, then the conflict will just fester until it becomes too much for her and she becomes a person who is easily agitated and much harder to please than she normally is. When she is in a bad mood like this, she tends to express herself more through less vocal methods like writing and drawing.
History:

Ana was born into a small village in a southern part of Fovia called the Blue Sky Fields. Her family consisted of her brother, Reed Jr. who was five years older than her; her wise, but sometimes mouthy mother, Mayella Linda; and her quiet, respectable father, Reed Linda. Her village was rather small and simple minded like herself; the only thing that she really ever had to work hard for was food. Food in the fields was somewhat scarce outside of buffalo season, so the people who could fly were often given the burden of journeying out to the forest to forage for berries and other sources of food until the buffalo came back. In the village, powers were able to be openly used, and were encouraged to be used in a productive manner from an early age. At the age of five, she found herself often helping her brother and dad bring food that her father and older brother harvested to the center of town, where a small hut containing reserves was located to be used in the case the berries in the woodland declined suddenly.

At the age of six, Ana began attending a very small school, where all of the grades Pre-K through twelve were taught in a small facility with only five classrooms, a short hallway, a square field of grass which had a playground, and a small office which was solely occupied by teachers. Since attending the school was voluntary, Ana could only manage to attend school in the earlier parts of her life when she did not yet have her ability to fly, and was thus unable to serve the role of a forager in the distant forest that the community drew a large amount of its food from. As Ana's wings grew in upon the opening of the evolution of the Pokemon she was bonded to from a Silcoon to a Beautifly at the age of ten, she soon found a more important calling for her village than to get an education. She soon became busy with helping her father gather food by the age of twelve when her wings became fully functional and she could fly far enough to make it to the forest. In response to this, her brother, who was seventeen at the time, found his role to be progressively less important. He soon began to consider his options, knowing that there were places outside of Fovia where he could get away from this pathetically meager life of a forager.

Ana soon came to know her dislike of conflict painfully well. She watched helplessly for the next two years as her Mother and Father constantly fought with their son, who was beginning to disrupt the peaceful village with various acts of vandalism such as graffiti art and petite theft. Ana soon became unable to talk to her Mother, nor Father, nor brother as she went on foraging trips alone in hopes that she could calm herself down. In an attempt to also avoid going home, she began to go to the local school again. This allowed her to somewhat express her feelings in various writing and art assignments, often portraying a girl that felt trapped.

As the teachers began speaking about their concerns with Ana's parents, Reed Jr.'s delinquency soon forced itself out of the picture. Reed Jr., upon seeing his parents appearing to be more concerned about his little sister than him, who in his eyes, had taken his role in the village that he now loathed, angrily left the village with his belongings. This left Ana mentally scarred and still leaves an impact on her. Whenever conflict arises around her now, she feels like it'll just end up like the conflict between her brother and her parents: with no way to stop it. After talking about her depression-like behavior, her parents and the teachers eventually tried to cheer up Ana. It seemed to work, but they were never certainly sure.

Now, at the age of nineteen, her village has changed recently. Now being able to make contact with the outside world, trade has begun to start up here between far away nations that wish to trade food for the pure water that flow from a large river in Sky Blue Fields. This has made Ana's role of gathering less important, but still practiced nonetheless. The more prevalent job of selling goods to foreign people have arrived, causing her dad to become more of a merchant than a forager. Wishing to pursue her father's new profession, Ana has begun to assist him in hopes that she will gain skills necessary to become a merchant. Because of the foreign humans that come to conduct small-scale trade here, Ana also has begun to discover that off in those distant nations, people know things that are more complex and advanced; that there are people that do things other than gathering food and leading a village. A more important thing that Ana has discovered is that other villages are not necessarily so far away. Ana's father, using a map, had traveled with Ana with him, to various villages and establishments in Fovia, showing her the diverse people that live nearby. Ana has now become aware of the people and world around her, and is not sure whether to accept it or not.

Skills:
Art: Ana has found that she can draw butterflies particularly well.
Writing: Ana's simple writing is able to be interpreted easily by most people, writing brings out a more intelligent side of her simplicity that other people don't expect from her.

Abilities:

Flight(flying): This is an ability that has become very valuable to her over the years. It allows her to take flight, but because of the type of wings she has, she is not able to fly much higher than fifty feet above the ground, and cannot fly in harsh weather or windy skies for fear of injuring her wings or losing control. The maximum speed she can fly is about 20 miles per hour.

Silver Wind(bug): Basically, like the attack, Ana releases powder produced by her wings that inflicts damage to the opponent. Ana is not aware of this skill yet as she has not really come into any sort of violent conflict.

Scent Sensitive(bug): An ability that allows her to pick up on scents that normal people would normally not notice or barely smell at all. This one has not really affected her enough to really even notice its presence at all.

Other: She likes her tea cold.

RPG Sample: ((Mind if I possibly make this a prologue to my first post? It'd really help to explain why she's in some other nation or something like that. It'd also help to explain how she is relavent to the other characters if she's forced to travel to a place where the other characters are.))

Ana's closed eyes began to slowly open in her small room. Emerging from her bed in her pajamas, she could feel the darkness consuming her room in an almost unbearable cold. Without any sort of ventilation system to spare her from the chilly air that seeped in from inside the night before, she merely breathed into her hands and rubbed them against one another as she walked over to the cream colored curtains covering her window and opening them. Brushing a large strand of her golden hair away from her eyes, she looked out the window and rubbed her arms as a soft pink light began to tint the night horizon. Seeing the signal for the coming of day, Ana soon began to get ready. Ana contentedly hummed a little tune to herself as she stretched her arms out while bathed in the increasing light coming in from the window.

Ana soon opened her closet and changed from her pajamas into a yellow plaid, spaghetti strap sundress that had caught the attention of her once droopy eyes, which were now awake looking at the pattern with interest. She kept on humming as she looked at herself in the mirror that was next to her closet. She was a little bit dirty, but it didn't really matter to her. She had bathed in the river a few days ago so she didn't really feel like she was too dirty to go out in public, so she took out a small brush and brushed her golden hair into place. Finally, she flapped her wings a few times as she hopped a few steps to a pair of brown sandals and then headed out of her room.
Upon coming out of her room, she simply walked down the hallway to come across her father, expectedly sitting down eating what appeared to be a green fruit imported from some land that had a climate more temperate than the warm climate of Sky Blue Fields. She sat down in a wooden seat worn from age and made casual eye contact with her dad who was sitting across from her. They were separated by a small, worn old table that had seen much in its use.

"So, Dad, where are we off to today?" Ana asked her dad, wondering what sort of place he was going to sell his items today.

"It'll be a surprise," Ana's Dad winked as the window behind him soon became filled with the passionate scarlet light of early dawn.

Ana's simple mind kept the possiblity open. She did not want to really worry about where they were going to go, for she trusted her Dad, and her Dad trusted her back. Unfortunately to her lack of prior knowledge, her Dad had something else for her to do, and he was not sure if she was willing to do it. Ana was not really used to surprise's, so her father reasoned that if he kept it that way, then Ana would be more willing to follow again until he had to tell her what exactly he wanted her to do. Soon, the blaze of the sun began to consume the window as part of it reached up out of the horizon, bringing a passionate and comforting blaze of orange.

Ana rummaged through the kitchen until she found where the apples were and took one. She ate the sour fruit, noting how it tasted quite different from the berries that were in the forest that she used to go to almost daily at an earlier point in her life. After eating the green, sphere-like apple, she quickly threw it into a black trash bin and walked to the door. Her dad soon followed and then opened the door as they stepped outside together into the outside world. Ana and her father had to squint their eyes for a bit before finally becoming adjusted to the light outside.

After opening their eyes completely, a vivid view of the flat fields outside of the village began to become illuminated under the dawn's fiery pallette of colors. The grass blended away into a bright orange light as the horizon became more obscured. The dewy grass shifted under Ana's feet as she walked, making her slide and almost slip a few times. Her father walked well ahead of his daughter. As soon as they reached a suitable point where the wind was blowing calmly in to the northwest, Ana's father's shirt tore at the back as a pair of bright orange, moth-like wings grew to their full extend before he flapped them and leaped into the air, taking off where the wind would make him travel. Ana soon followed suit, flapping her brightly colored wings as the winds lifted her up, free from the ground.

The flight was pleasantly long, letting Ana catch wonderful view of the sun rising up from the horizon and the sound of birdsong that began to become more common as they neared a forest. The winds were warm, the sunlight was warm, everything seemed like relaxing, until Ana's mind suddenly stopped at a random thought. Wait, why didn't dad bring the stuff to sell, Ana nervously asked in her mind as she began to wonder why Dad was taking her along this seemingly pointless venture. Despite the unpleasant thought, Ana continued to smile, her eyes curiously looking at the sky which was beginning to cool down to the sky blue that seemed so familiar to her now. Ana soon observed that they had been flying for quite awhile now.

As the flight lasted longer, and the winds began to fail, Ana became exhausted. She was not sure if she could last muh longer just flapping her wings without the aide of the tailwind. Just as she was about to give up and just start walking, her dad landed at a large clearing in the forest. Ana soon realized that her dad was holding a large sack which was tied to a wooden stick, and a picnick basket which had a paper with various locations marked. Ana was still unclear what was happening as she landed, trudging to her dad and slightly panting.

"Why exactly are we this far from . . . " Ana was interrupted.

"Ana, it's about time that you go and serve not just your village, but your family," Ana's father interrupted.

"Huh?" Ana responded with a slightly shocked voice.

"Yes, but how can you help your family? Well, that's simple! We've found where your brother is," Ana's father explained in a rushed and panicked voice.

". . . . " Ana stood, her sky blue eyes wide open, twitching slightly as she tried not to pass out.

"So, with this map, you can convince your brother to come back to the village, and then there'll be another person to help around here once again," her father huffed, his bright green eyes maintaining tense contact with his daughter's eyes.

"I-i'm not really sure if I c-c-can d-do that, honestly," Ana nervously responded with what she really thought.

"Well, you're going to have to, or else you're just going to find another person to be an apprentice to," her Father gave an ultimatum.

" . . . " Ana's eyes twitched again. "F-f-fine, I-i-i'll go," Ana nervously admitted defeat, unable to simply say no to her father.

Afterwards, Ana's father simply nodded and gave her the map. The circled location was where she currently was, and the starred loation was where her brother Reed Jr. was thought to be currently living. Ana felt butterflies in her stomach as she continued to slowly analyze the situation and simplify it. So basically, I have to drag my brother back to the village, or I'm out of an opportunity to make something of my life, Ana nervously concluded in her mind as she watched her father extend his wings and begin to ascend from the clearing.

"Don't forget to bring him back! I'm counting on you!" Ana's Father yelled as he flew off back in the direction of the village.
Accepted

Just a note to anyone thinking of signing up for this Roleplay. I stated the sign ups would be open at all times, and I stand by that, but just bare in mind that if you post after the next update, then unless you live on the island we're heading for, or you're a water type, you'll have to wait a few updates before joining. Thanks.