• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Blissful World

Handy?

It's that one guy
Before I post my SU, a few posts have come to mind...

Oi, oi. Handy's definitely stepped it up, but I don't think he's critical enough to make it harder than me. Although I respect his opinion, several SUs probably would not have made it in so far if I was running this RPG (which I will not name for obvious reasons).
You're right, I am quite soft in regards to accepting bios, but the reason for that is fairly simple. From looking at other RPs, I have generally found that the people with the shorter sign ups are generally the people who actaully remain active. It's weird, you'd think I'd take quality over activity, but I don't really. Of course, I'd love for people to have both quality and activity, but it seems that the people that are most likely to stay through to the ends are the ones who manage to get out their posts in time, regardless of quality. Of course, anything under my or the RP forums expectations will not be tolerated. Simple as.

TBG said:
Name: Hermit (I figure he'll eventually reveal his old name in the RPG, so we'll leave it at this for now)

Sex: Male

Hometown/Area: Fovia (originally Rolin City)

Chosen Pokemon: Onix

Appearance: Hermit is short. He isn't a "little-person" persay, but everyone he meets, male and female, always seem to have this annoying habit of being taller than he is. He has short, straight hair, and a pair of blue eyes that glow a bright brown when he looses control of his powers. His build is quite square and muscular, but often is not visible under a long black traveler's cloak that he wears whenever he is not training. The cloak has both a hood, pulled over his eyes, and sleeves, which are long and reach down to the arms. The edges are lined with a dark golden color that is decorated with runes. The hands are covered by brown gloves, and have the symbol of Bonsai (a Bonsai tree inside a golden runed circle) on the back.

Moving right along, the cloak covers a black muscle shirt that Hermit enjoys due to the comfort and flexibility it grants him. His pants are also black, kung-fu pants (think sweat pants) to be exact, and they are held up by a series of leather straps that function as a belt. He wears no socks, but does wear a pair of geta sandals (wooden japanese style) when he must wear shoes. Otherwise, he goes barefoot, and his thick-soled feet keep sharp stones and sticks from harming him. A circular bag is held off his back, perched horizontally behind his waist, that he uses to carry what few possessions he owns. All of his clothes are usually sweaty and/or dirty, probably due to the fact that he often spends days training on end.

Personality: As can be assumed from his name, Hermit does not enjoy the company of others, and when possible, will go to great lengths to get away from crowds or large groups, and he is especially uncomfortable in cities. This may be due to the fact that in his childhood, and for most of his life, the approach of a large group was a sign of soon-to-come pain. He is only willing to join the group due to his orders from his Master, Bonsai. As of now, the only people he truly trusts are Bonsai, his two students, Ken and Jolanda, and Buxley (see History), the latter of the two he has not seen in ages.

Despite being a martial artist, a victim, and a Ground-Type with difficult-to-control powers, Hermit is a pacifist. He despises violence and death, and that refers to even the little things too. It is not uncommon for him to push someone over to keep them from stepping on a patch of flowers. Although he will not admit it out loud, Hermit loves children, and they love him, but he tries to keep them away for fear that his great strength and wild powers might hurt them. He is very quiet, and speaks not often, preferring to use his actions rather than his words if possible. This can come as a great length of frustration to some people, especially those who are always talking.

History: At a young age, Hermit had a different name than he does now. A name long forgotten beneath the rubble of his past. He had originally grown up in Rolin City, completely oblivious to his powers. A happy child planning to become a great builder someday, and create a big tower from which he can pierce the heavens. As most people in Rolin City were, Hermit was completely oblivious to his connection with an Onix somewhere in the world. If he had known, perhaps he wouldn't have been picked on so much. Being a short guy, Hermit had become the butt of his classmates' jokes, the most common one being "he must want to build such a tower so he can reach the top shelf!". Needless to say, this was rather annoying.

It didn't take too long to breach his patience. One day at lunch, when he was about the age of 17, a group of his tormentors surrounded him. They started with the usual jeering and teasing. This then continued to the pushing and the shoving, and the stealing of the lunch. Eventually, it turned downright violent. As he stood up, one more time, he ignored his bleeding forehead, the result of a rock that had been thrown, and raised his arm. As his thumb and pointed finger aimed upwards, he shouted; "I won't give up anymore! These are the hands that will pierce the heavens!"

With his great cry, the earth below began to rumble and shake. The bullies stepped back as Hermit's eyes lit up with a bright golden light, and the street around him shattered like paper mache. 6 pillars of earth surrounded his body in a circle, startling everyone, but in a few seconds, he recieved a heavy blow to the back of the head, knocking him unconsious. The city's head knight, Sir Nathaniel Buxley, had appeared on the scene and quickly delivered a blow to the back of Hermit's head. By the time Hermit awoke, he was outside the city. Buxley explained what had happened, and how he had shouted at the boys to force them to retreat. Everyone knew how powerful Buxley was, so it was only natural they had run. He went on to tell Hermit the truth about his powers, and that there was no longer any chance at living in the city he knew. Then, the knight provided the newly abandoned child with a small pack and directions. "Go west, young man" he said. "There is no more here for you."

The armored man vanished as Hermit turned and headed down the indicated road. It was a fairly gentle journey, thankfully, and he ended up in a deep forest. It ran nearby a large mountain, the size of which comforted Hermit, but also made him remember his dream, something that could never occur. Without building materials, he could never build such a monstorous creation. At least the forest was peaceful.

Well, it had been, until Hermit heard a loud pair of screams. Two young children clung to each other by the side of a mountain cliff. A large boulder had fallen from above, probably knocked off by a large Pokemon. In an instant, he ran and stood over the kids, shielding them with his body for all the good it might do, and waited for impact. It came, but not as heavy as he thought. On second thought, make that very heavy, since it took all his strength to keep the boulder from falling. Both arms held tight, and the children stopped quivering long enough to see the man who had stopped the boulder. With a little grunting and groaning, as well as some effort, Hermit lifted the large boulder over his head and hucked it away before collapsing to his knees from exhaustion. The children thanked "Mr. Strong Guy", and asked if he was okay, when they all heard a little clapping noise. A tall man with a long beard and green robe was standing nearby, applauding almost laughingly at what he had just seen.

The old man introduced himself as Bonsai, one of the elders of Fovia, alongside his companions Oak, Elm, Ivy, Birch, and Rowan. He claimed to sense that there was a deep sadness inside him, and offered to take him into the village. Having nowhere to go, the offer was accepted. They entered a forest, where a city of sorts had taken form. There were the normal houses of stone and wood on the ground, but a number of homes were suspended in the trees, far away from the ground. Most notably, the center of the city held a giant tree, upon which perched a large building. Bonsai explained that this massive building is where the elders met each day to discuss the issues of the kingdom, as well as the world outside it.

In a few hours (and a long arguement between the elders), it was decided that Hermit would stay with Elder Bonsai until he could get his own place. A bit more debating, and they also decided that to teach him to control his wild powers, he would also be taught by Bonsai, based on him having the calmest personality. Training began the following day, and in a few weeks, Hermit was able to use his Ground-Type Powers to build himself a small house near the mountain side. His new master suggested he carve his name into it, so others would understand who lived there. The Ground-User decided he no longer needed his old name, and thought to choose a new one, something fitting for a loner who had even been kicked out of his own country. Hermit.

Since, he has been using his newfound powers to build houses of Earth and Stone in order to make a living. While out training on the mountain, he recieved a message from the Elders about some sort of mission to save the world. As Bonsai's disiple, he had been chosen to join the group. Although he had come to hate crowds, he knew that the elders were never wrong when they came to a concensus. He packed up his few belongings into a bag before heading out to the meeting...

Skills: Hermit is suprisingly good with children, and they even seem attracted to him. He is also very good at survival skills, such as building campfires and knowing which herbs and mushrooms are healthy and dangerous. He has had some training with Master Bonsai, and as a result, knows some martial arts.

Abilities:

Grave: Despite the devilish-sounding name, Grave is basically the ability to cause pillars of earth to pop out from the ground. In addition to jab the foe with a spike of stone, it can also be used to defend against most attacks (especially ranged attacks) that don't pack as much of a punch, or to trap someone in a circle of rock to trap or reduce movement. It can also be used to make things, such as seats or even small shelters. This is his main offensive attack. It's weakpoint is that the range is fairly small, and he cannot use it if he isn't making physical contact with the ground.

Super-Human Strength: Hermit's physical strength is incredible, surpassed only by fighting types. This allows him to lift heavy objects to fling at opponents, or attack foes with his powerful fists at close range. Since he is smarter than most fighting types, he can use his higher intellect to overcome the strength difference.

Tough Body: As a result of being linked to a rock/ground type, Hermit's skin and bones are incredibly thick, and resulting in him only feeling a slight twinge in a blow that would shatter a normal person's blows, allowing him to take a ton of punishment. However, it does not protect him against most special attacks, considering they usually are intending to burn, chill, etc. rather than deal physical damage. This is the only reason he can punch through even solid rock without hurting his hands.

Other: Don't call him names like shorty, short-stack, half-pint, or anything else along those lines. It'll tick him off.

RPG Sample: His muscles screamed in agony as his arms moved down to a 90 degree position. "Four-Hundred and Ninety-Three!" Hermit groaned, pushing himself back up before lowering back down and repeating. "Four-Hundred and Ninety-Four!" Sweat trickled down his forehead and onto the ground beneath, adding to the small puddle. However, 500 pushups with the boulder on his back was only a warm-up for the training routine he had prepared for. The plan was to stay for 3 months, then return to Bonsai with a new strength. However, he was worried he may have overestimated himself.

"Four-Hundred and Ninety-Five! Four Hundred and Ninety-Six!" His head was pounding now. His arms were at thier limit, but he couldn't stop now. He was so close! 497...498...499...

"Hermit-sensei!"

The short blonde-haired disciple nearly crushed himself with the boulder. The voice he had heard was Jolanda, a young, teenage girl whom he had saved with her twin brother, Ken, from a falling boulder about... was it 13 years now? He had ended up saving them so many times that he had eventually taught them martial arts to keep them safe, but it had only encouraged them to get in further trouble. A good 70% of the time he heard her voice, there was trouble she couldn't solve on her own, and had most likely caused. He pushed the boulder off his back, cursing his inability to finish, then stood up to greet his pupil as she ran over. It really annoyed him that she was an inch or so taller than him, but at least she still respected him.

"I have an urgent message from Elder Bonsai!" She handed him the letter she had carried. A little of Elder Bonsai's power still flowed through it, a result of such a powerful aura being used to seal it. He opened it with a small pressure of his own aura, then read. "What does it say?" she leaned over his shoulder in an attempt to see, but he almost playfully moved it away.

"A pilgrimage," Hermit nodded to her. "Mostly volunteers, but the elders wished for me to go as a disciple of thier number." He glanced up and looked at her. "Speaking of disciples, where is your brother? I know he's terrible with heights."

Jolanda opened her mouth to answer, but a soft voice over the edge of the cliff called "Help!"

Same old, same old.
I'll accept it. The personality is slightly short for my liking, but it's still within my limit, so you're fine. I'd suggest you join after this update, as I've left it far too late due to personal reasons so I have to really start it now. So, just find a way to join after this update; it shouldn't be too hard.

The Black Glove

The Resident BAMF
You're right, I am quite soft in regards to accepting bios, but the reason for that is fairly simple. From looking at other RPs, I have generally found that the people with the shorter sign ups are generally the people who actaully remain active. It's weird, you'd think I'd take quality over activity, but I don't really. Of course, I'd love for people to have both quality and activity, but it seems that the people that are most likely to stay through to the ends are the ones who manage to get out their posts in time, regardless of quality. Of course, anything under my or the RP forums expectations will not be tolerated. Simple as.
Each to thier own, man. Although you do make a good point...

handymankg2 said:
I'll accept it. The personality is slightly short for my liking, but it's still within my limit, so you're fine. I'd suggest you join after this update, as I've left it far too late due to personal reasons so I have to really start it now. So, just find a way to join after this update; it shouldn't be too hard.
Sounds good. I'll make sure to find a good way to slip into the group. Happy RPing!

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
Because you already have opened the thread, I'm assuming not, but is there any time to submit an entry? Since you've only fourteen posts in that thread. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
Okay, thanks. I'll post it after school.

Rotrum: there are many dragon-types. But I'm signing to be an ice-type.

Last edited:

rotrum

Ice Cold
I hope she makes a dragon or rock type. I need to have my chracter hgate more peopelso I can have longposts.

Froggle

Lolipop Girl
This RP looks FUN! I think I'll be joinin' in, if that's all okay and stuff... I figure I should read through the characters and the posts that're already here though, and I'm a bit of a slow writer... so it prooooobably won't be up until sometime latish tomorrow or the day after (or is that considered soon here? I'm not used to the Serebii standards yet)

This is a really well-thought out roleplay, you did a great job~

Tearen the Absol

Carpe Noctem
Name: Laerin Vishteen

Hometown/Area: Saendaris - Lower Quarter

Chosen Pokemon: Homn the Tentacruel

Appearance:

The first thing one notices about Laerin is is greasy, dark purple hair that extends down to his upper back. It frames his face, which is long and and narrow. He has thinly trimmed eyebrows on a high brow, with a long, pointy, narrow nose. His chin is pointed and angular, and sports a goatee the same color as his hair. Laerin is somewhat pale from living underwater most of the time, so the dark circles under his green eyes are very prevalent. Physically, he is a tad short standing at 5'6", though this complements his overall modus operandi. He has a swimmers build, athletic and lithe to the point he almost looks buff, yet still skinny. His legs are very long and powerful, in relevance with his wide set shoulders. It is not often revealed, but he sports tattoos similar to tentacool's tentacles down his back and chest. His hands and fingers are very used and rough looking, and he keeps his fingernails somewhat long, but well trimmed.

For clothing, he usually wears a black, pleather bodysuit that has straps and belts crisscrossing it to make futuristic lines and patterns. Certain areas are padded with a light plastic, such as the shoulders, elbows and knees. It zips open, and Laerin usually leaves the suit zipped open about one quarter the way down his chest, making a round V shape. Two black leather straps cross in an X over his opening, that come together elastically as it closes. Under the jumpsuit, he wears a light blue unitard with urban decals on it, which reduces the rubbing of his bodysuit. The fingers of the gloves of the suit have been cut off to allow Laerin to use his offensive poison powers. The boots of the suit are removable as well, but he usually wears them, as they seamlessly merge with the suit quite nicely. The outfit overall is insulated and watertight, so Laerin can easily enter water with it on.

If he is not wearing the jumpsuit, it is a tight fitting dark grey tank top and a pair of khaki shorts that have weathered, tasseled bottoms. He wears a belt patterned with naval camouflage, and black flip flops.

Personality: Laerin usually immediately comes off as sadistic and malevolent. He loves to beat people at their own games, and beat people at his own games even more. He has a dark, dry and twisted sense of humor that often offends more than it relieves, though he cares very little. He often wears a sarcastic smile that signifies he's about to unleash yet another abrasive and sarcastic comment.

Aside from his outwards disposition though, Laerin has a good heart and is protective by default. If he sees someone in trouble, or in need of assistance, he immediately goes over to assist, and show off to some extent. People often misinterpret his assistance as a plea for attention, Laerin is driven to help those who are under assault or being bullied. He also harbors a sense of loneliness, as many people are afraid to become close to him due to his poison type. Because of this, Laerin is extremely protective of those close to them, caring for them without question or thought of self.

This entire persona stems from the fact that Laerin is very emotionally insecure. He has always been socially awkward, and his abrasive personality stems from an innate need to establish emotional dominance over the group he is in. As such, he takes insults and criticisms very seriously and personally, to the point he will apologize for the slightest error. This comes across as odd to those who know him better for his more aggressive traits.

History: Laerin was born in the poor, lower quarter of Saendaris, alone with his father, Oplin Vishteen. Laerin's mother died in childbirth, so he and his father are very close and share a strong bond. From a young age, his father had Laerin help with his plumbing business (a very valuable job in Saendaris). Growing up in the more destitute areas of the city, Laerin went through a school system full of bullies and elitists combined. Constantly picked on for both his social status and type, Laerin developed a defensive and dark personality at first. As he saw other under privileged students harassed, he made a life decision to defend others like him. As such, he started to train his strength and powers, till he became well known for thwarting abuse. He let it get to him, and became very cocky and self righteous, which drove his admirers away from him. As an outcast, Laerin's biggest friend was another teen anmed Nathan. The two would often swim up to the beaches near Saendaris and mock the surface dwellers till the point of aggravation, only to escape back to the water again. The two are close as brothers, and through mutual insults, Laerin owes Nathan his spine.

After graduating, Laerin had nowhere to go but back to his home in the lower quarter of Saendaris. Though he continued to live and work with his father, he felt other callings now. Slowly, he continued his anti-bully routine from his school days, but this time on the streets. He was well known (though not necessarily well liked) throughout his neighborhood for saving the innocent and oppressed. Once purse snatching and other violent crimes were quelled in one area, Laerin would start patrolling another, each time growing stronger and lonely. He never felt the need to get into a romantic relationship, as he had only ever befriended males throughout his life, and considered women whiney and emotionally feeble.

Since he had only two or three close friends, Laerin spent much of his time on the internet, which he loved. His father would walk in most days to find him reading online databases on facts stemming from sports rules to quantum physics. As he continued to learn, Laerin knew what he wanted most in the world: A college education. With this in mind, he started working extra jobs alongside plumbing, researching intensely, and even taking night classes. After a long time of studying, saving and preparring, he submitted his application to the most prestigious college in Saendaris: The Underwater Institiute for Oustanding Humans, or UIOH for short. Once he got the nerve up, he sent in his application and tentatively waited weeks, taking a break even from his anti-heroic duties around the neighborhood to work extra shifts at his jobs. After about a month, he received a letter with one paragraph saying he had not been accepted. Laerin was livid with rage, and went into a period of depression, vindictively denying anyone any help for anything. He quit his jobs, and stayed home brooding. Eventually, the guilt and loneliness got to him again, and he resumed life as normal, but forever scrupulous towards organized institutions.

One day, as he sat in one of the botanical gardens in one of the higher class domes of Saendaris, a guard approached him. The guard told him of a special request to help save the world from some evil genious. Laerin, of course, had his eyebrow raised the entire time. The guard told him to think about it and walked away. Laerin figured that maybe doing what he knew he did well, being a hero, might suit him for awhile.

Skills: As an intellectual, Laerin enjoys composing poems and short songs when inspired. He is a fantastic swimmer, by both living in Saendaris and association with Homn. This athleticism also spurred him to become trained in parkour, a skill he developed during his vigilante duties, which allows him to move easily over difficult terrain.

Abilities:

Poison Sting - When using this power, Laerin's fingertips glow a violent purple, and he can fire darts of poisonous ichor from his fingertips. He can also choose to strike his opponent physically with his poisonous fingers if he holds his hands straight out as if to execute a karate chop.

Tentacles - Laerin's spiritual bond with a Tentacruel gives him the ability to grow ten tentacles similar to those on said Tentacruel out of his back. These tentacles are very strong, and can be used for movement, or holding a target in place. It takes about ten seconds to both extend and retract the tentacles. They are somewhat fragile though, and can be cut.

Acidic Flexibility - Laerin can use the corrosive properties of his blood to temporarily soften the tendons and joints in his body, allowing him to unnaturally contort his frame to extreme degrees. This includes dislocating then immediately relocating shoulders, shift bending his spine to the right, or contorting through tiny spaces. The longer he keeps this up, the more and more it hurts, and the longer it takes to recover.

Other: Laerin, strangely, hates fried food, and loves fresh and crisp fruit.

RPG Sample:

After the guard slowly moved away, Laerin couldn't help but chuckle to himself. All this time, why bother running from what he really was? Sure I'm smart, he mused moodily but I'm darn good at pulverizing people too. He snorted in indignance of himself and moved down into the Saendarin metro. The train surfaced out the watery docking bay, and Laerin swiped his metro card at the gate. He shoved his way through upper class Saendarins; well off business folk who had fine china and velvet rugs to go home to. He took a seat on the water train, still warm from the self-righteous rear of whatever elitist had just occupied it, and closed his eyes for the long ride to the lower quarter, which lay a whole twenty fathoms lower than the main business district. The cab pressurized and Laerin couldn't help but open his eyes to see the water line trickle past the plexiglass view port.

The ocean floor was already growing gloomy in the evening, and the luminous glow of staryu's in the distance made alien patterns on the sea floor. The train bumped and jostled it's way along the submerged rail, constantly shaking Laerin out of his restful meditations. Finally he gave up and merely observed as the undersea world grew dimmer and dimmer as the train moved down in depth. Krabbys on the sea bed picked at the morbid corpses of fish and larger sea life that had died, and skittered back into their rocks as the headlights of the sea train glared over their foraging grounds.

The entire world was a deep, ominous blue as the train pulled in the Lower-Quarter station. The halogen lights in the forlorn station flickered constantly, and the passengers on the train hauled their downtrodden frames off the metro, Laerin along with them. Along the connection tunnel to the main city structure, Laerin jumped when a light tap came by his head. Turning around sharply, hands ignited with poisonous energy, he was relieved to merely see a small flock of tentacruel drifting by. Laerin observed the graceful poison types, admiriring the red flashing that came from the orbs on their heads. He jumped slightly when Nathan emerged from the flock, in scuba gear. He pointed to the communication bay, and Laerin nodded. Normally the communication bay was reserved for pokemon to human communication, but it was only an unwritten law. Laerin picked up the head phones on the panel in front of the viewing tank as Nathan rose into sight. Between bursts of bubbles, he talked into the receiver.

"So, how were things up there in the high class bubble?" Nathan asked, his voice warbly through the headphones. Laerin shrugged and shook his head.

"Man, I was just sitting in the park writing when a guard comes up to me. He told me about some kind of group of superheroes and a mission to save the world from a mad scientist? Weird..." Laerin said, twisting a strand of his hair pensively.

"Doesn't sound like a good plan. Wouldn't you have to go away from Saendaris then?" Nathan asked, the concern audible even through the aquatic voice synthesizer. Laerin rubbed his forehead with his hand and sighed.

"I'm tired of this city. Maybe after I couldn't get into college, a little vacation and adventure could do me good, y'know?" Laerin said wistfully. Nathan nodded his head slowly.

"Well...I guess it wouldn't be any different than if you'd gone to college...okay, I guess I could do with having to put up with a jerk like you all the time, eh?" Nathan said, grinning through the glass. Laerin punched the glass playfully and grinned viciously.

"Shaddup ya feeb. Now haul your pale rear outta the water and we'll go back to your apartment." Laerin said, with friendly venom in his voice.

"Yeah...I'll cook you up some octopus, I know how much you like it." Nathan said.

"Sounds like a plan, let's go." Laerin said, as Nathan sank out of sight. Laerin casually tossed the headphones off his head, not minding to replace them. If someone cared, let them speak. No on spoke. With a splash, Nathan climbed out of an inlet tube near the far wall, and shed his flippers. Laerin grabbed his scuba tank for him and the two started walking towards Nathan's house. The two laughed as an elite stumbled over her expensive looking dress and fell into a patch of mire.

"Hey you never know princess", Laerin said between peals of laughter "It could be the style next month. Looks good on ya!" he said. The woman looked enraged, but was completely confused when Laerin went over to help her to her feet. He pulled her up and casually walked away, never looking at her twice, still laughing spitefully.

As the two walked deeper into the poor and lawless sections of the dome, Laerin started looking around warily. Few people met his gaze as he strode past. He wore a mild scowl, and walked with brisk steps down one of the back streets. With no surprise on his part whatsoever, he walked onto the scene of a mugging. With a sharp whistle, he called to the thug pointing a gun at a feeble looking teen boy.

"Hey. Drop it." Laerin commanded. The man scoffed and turned around, keeping his gun trained on the kid. With a simple gesture, the fire escape above Laerin's head rusted into scrap and collapsed. Laerin rolled out of the way, and charged his finger tips with poison. He pointed his left hand fingers at the mugger and violet shards of pure toxic material flew at the man. He ducked the blast narrowly, and trained his gun on Laerin. He fired twice, sloppily and took off running. Laerin had not trouble keeping up, deftly vaulting over trashcans and ducking support beams as the man weaved through the crows. Laerin had a vicious grin on his face and long brownish tentacles wove their way out of his jumpsuit. He turned a corner to find the man taking aim at him, and immediately slid behind a dumpster. The shots panged on the metal crate, as Laerin charged his fingers again, this time, both hands.

Using his tentacles, he hoisted himself high in the air, his body suspended. He fired a spread of poisonous bolts, and three managed to catch the mugger in the leg as he tried to dodge. Laerin cackled malevolently, and walked on his tentacles over to the man, and let himself down. He hoisted the man up into the air, holding him upside down, face to face. Laerin casually yanked the gun out of his hand, and stood grinning evilly at the now whimpering thug.

"Well, here we are." Laerin said, casually examining the gun. He checked the chamber, removed and replaced the cartridge, and aimed it at a nearby pile of trash. "This is a pretty nice piece, but you know guns are illegal in underwater communities, aren't they Homn?"

Nathan had since caught up and nodded slowly in assent.

"Yeah, so, why don't you use your rustification powers and make this little beauty disappear? Eh?" he said, smiling warmly, and patting the man on the shoulder reassuringly. The man did nothing but spit on Laerin's face.

"Ohhh gross. Tough guy eh?" Laerin asked, laughing as he wiped the goober off of his face. He held a glowing purple finger up to the man's face. "Don't make me persuade you, hm?" Laerin said, still smiling. The man grimaced as Laering bent the mugger's legs with his tentacles. Slowly the gun dissolved into an orange powder. Laerin nodded in approval, and without hesitation tossed him forcefully against the wall.

As his tentacles retracted, he called out mellowly "If I so much as catch you rusting stuff again, I will rot you leg just like that gun, capiche?" He laughed twice and rounded the alley corner. By the time he got home, he was feeling pretty good about himself again. He could get into this...

*pant* *pant* *pant* Safe.

Last edited:

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
I have edited my post with the form. If you don't see it, that's because it isn't showng but it will eventually.

Froggle

Lolipop Girl
Ahhh ffffff, I didn't want to play someone from Fovia, there's so manyy... but none of the other places have the right atmosphere for her personality.
Umm, I hope it's okay that I'm playing a half-ghost type, since they're supposed to be rare and there's already one, and I hope my abilities aren't too generic... I mostly chose them because they play a part in developing her 'mischievous' character... *fret fret*
Um, anyway, I hope it's up to your standards.

Name: Emess Cordelin (though, due to all of the Emess -> a mess teasing and a disliking of people knowing who she is, she shortened her name all the way down to M)

Age: Looks 14, acts like an immature 17 year old and is 15.

Sex: Female

Hometown/Area: A very small town near the Forest of Eternal Life and on the outskirts of Fovia, known as Viae.

Chosen Pokemon: Froslass

Appearance: M’s usual choice of clothing consists of completely irrational items all pieced together; her favorite outfit being a red, black, and orange striped hat, an orange tank top worn over a yellow T-shirt, a red and white jacket, brown shorts, bright green thigh-high socks with hot pink loose socks over them, and finally a pair of red sneakers. She usually wears many layers in an attempt to be prepared for as many weather situations as possible. Most of her clothes are too big for her, and she almost always wears her red and white jacket.

Underneath all of those layers, however, she actually has a fairly average appearance. Her thick light brown hair is pulled back in two pigtails, short and positioned low on her head. She stands about 5’ 8”, with knobby, scratched-up knees and elbows. She has deep blue eyes that don’t sparkle half as much as she would like them to, but are very wide (to the point that’s it’s creepy). Her figure is as close to curveless as you can get without just looking strange, and she’s nearly always covered in grass stains and scratches. Despite these facts, she isn’t terrible looking, though she would probably be prettier if she actually cared about her appearance.

She has two things she always carries with her; a small lime green backpack in which she keeps extra clothes, a knife, and various other essentials. She also wears an overly long necklace with ID, various valuables, and other small items strung around it, which she usually wears around her neck, ankle, wrist, waist and pretty much wherever she can.

Personality: M has the strong urge to be different from other people, and will change her own personality so as to contrast those around her. She defies both her ice-type expectations to be a gentle healer type of person, and her Ghost-type expectations to be an outcast, instead becoming a rather hyper and happy-go-lucky girl who likes to be in the center of a crowd, or hidden from sight doing something bad.

She’s extremely mischievous. She likes to mess with things, play dangerous pranks and generally sneak around just for the fun of it, often taking on different identities while in different towns. She isn’t afraid to flirt and suck up to people to get to do what she wants, but prefers to defy rules. After all, where’s the fun in sucking up to people? It takes no effort. She also has a strong love for adventure, though she dislikes the fact that there are often times when you have to adventure alone. Being constantly teased as a child, for both her name and her types, has given her a strong disliking to everybody in her age group, and she prefers to socialize with adults and small children. She often don’t think before saying things, and so a lot of times she comes off as rude.

Though she may come off as a slightly bad person, with her love of playing mean pranks and such, she really has good intentions. She’s never truly stolen anything or caused any harm, and the few friends she has she holds very dear to her. She would never betray anybody willingly, though she is logical enough to know the difference between loyalty and stupidity.

History: (I’m awful at these, I’m sorry...)
Emess did not have exiting parents, and as her parents are the beginning of her history, that is where we will begin.
Her ice-type mother and dark-type father fit the personalities commonly associated with their types to a T; her mother was the main healer in the small town of Viae, while her father was a man who could easily be considered ‘tall dark and handsome’. They where both the type of people who where convinced that certain types always had certain personalities, and they where both rather superstitious. for the first three years after they had given birth to a daughter who was displaying ghostly attributes they where nervous and scared, fearing that they had brought bad luck into the town. This however was not the case, as the luck of the town didn’t change in the slightest, and her parents began to calm down slightly, though they where still worried about their daughter growing up to be a lonely prison guard.

However, Emess did not want to grow up to be a lonely prison guard. In fact, Emess had the strong desire to be everything she wasn’t expected to be. She wanted to completely contradict every assumption that could be made of her. She expressed no interest in learning how to heal people with her ice, instead preferring to play with the other children. Despite her disregard to stereotypes, she loved cold weather and the nighttime, and always wished the other kids played at night rather than during the heat of the day.

As Emess and her peers grew older, Emess began to be picked on. First only by a few of the girls she used to play with, then more and more. To be honest, she couldn’t blame them. A girl with a name like Emess and a Type combination of ‘the easiest type to master’ and ‘the most hated type’ who didn’t fit the bill on either and dressed funny... what was there to not tease? This isn’t to say it wasn’t extremely annoying. Eventually, Emess became fed up with it. It was just stupid! Why couldn’t they pick on somebody else? Around the age of Twelve, she adopted the name ‘M’ and began traveling around Fovia, much to the concern of her parents, who disliked her being away from home for more than a few hours.

About a year before she began going by M, she also discovered a love for sneaking around and generally causing trouble. It started with sneaking into peoples houses and playing pranks, and has since escalated into things more serious, though she’s never crossed the line. She often goes to new towns and introduces herself under a fake identity, just to see how long she can get away with it. Her life since then has been rather the same, though not boring; sneaking about, going on short adventures, seeing new things, she quite enjoys it all, though at times she wishes something exiting had happened to her like in stories, where babies are dropped off at doorsteps and parents are brutally murdered by a mysterious force.

M has recently heard of a great adventure to take place, which will, apparently, chart unknown lands, and seems to be open to anyone willing. Needless to say, she is completely willing.

Skills: She’s a rather quick thinker, though on occasion the speed lowers the quality of her ideas. She’s very skilled in both the art of being completely silent and being very obnoxious when needed, and she has a fairly high tolerance for pain.

Abilities:
Phasing - She can pass through solid objects with little to no harm, though if she does this too much or for too long it begins to hurt.

Levitation - Self-explanatory, she can levitate off the ground, and move without touching the ground (though very slowly, as it takes her a lot of of concentration). She strongly dislikes this ability and her Phasing because of their ‘generic ghost-ness’, though they’re the two abilities she uses the most

Ice breath - her breath can drop drastically in temperature, which can be used to freeze anything ranging from water to a living being.

Other: She has a strange love of phasing into large solid objects (like thick walls) just to see what it’s like inside of them, and greatly enjoys reading old legends and myths

RPG Sample: (I’m terrible at these too *dies*)
The eleven-year-old Emess jumped out of her window, trying her best to slow her fall with Levitate. She managed to stop about an inch above the ground, but said ‘ow’ under her breath anyway out of habit.

She didn’t really know why she was sneaking out, or what she was going to do, or how she would get back into the house, all she really knew was that she was bored. Yeah, being bored, great reason for sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night... she thought to herself, lowering herself to the ground and standing up. A breeze blew through her thin multicolored pajamas and suddenly she felt very exposed, but not afraid. Night was her favorite time of day. Which, now that she thought about it, really made no sense, considering night wasn’t a time of the day. Then again, saying night was her favorite time of night would be slightly redundant. She opted not to think about it anymore.

Her sock-clad feet made no sound against the grass as she wandered away from her small house. It looked so much less sad in the dark, which she liked. You couldn’t see the under-construction bits of the house with the lack of light. It made her feel about 50 times less poor than she was. It was interesting being out at night without anybody else around, and entirely enjoyable. She could do anything
Anything...
And she knew just what she wanted to do with that freedom.

It was childish, she would admit when thinking back on the prank, but at the time she thought it was absolutely brilliant. She ran silently down the block to Ria Graphels’ house. Ria Graphels was a girl who seemed to take great pleasure from teasing Emess, or, at least more than most other kids. She had a big white house, long flowing hair (that she was very proud of) and lots of friends. The polar opposite of Emess.

Emess phased through the door, located a scissors, and tiptoed up the stairs, managing to not wake anybody up in the process...

The next morning when Ria awoke with her prized hair chopped off, Emess was feeling very proud of herself.

Handy?

It's that one guy
Ahhh ffffff, I didn't want to play someone from Fovia, there's so manyy... but none of the other places have the right atmosphere for her personality.
Umm, I hope it's okay that I'm playing a half-ghost type, since they're supposed to be rare and there's already one, and I hope my abilities aren't too generic... I mostly chose them because they play a part in developing her 'mischievous' character... *fret fret*
Um, anyway, I hope it's up to your standards.

Name: Emess Cordelin (though, due to all of the Emess -> a mess teasing and a disliking of people knowing who she is, she shortened her name all the way down to M)

Age: Looks 14, acts like an immature 17 year old and is 15.

Hometown/Area: A very small town near the Forest of Eternal Life and on the outskirts of Fovia, known as Viae.

Chosen Pokemon: Froslass

Appearance: M’s usual choice of clothing consists of completely irrational items all pieced together; her favorite outfit being a red, black, and orange striped hat, an orange tank top worn over a yellow T-shirt, a red and white jacket, brown shorts, bright green thigh-high socks with hot pink loose socks over them, and finally a pair of red sneakers. She usually wears many layers in an attempt to be prepared for as many weather situations as possible. Most of her clothes are too big for her, and she almost always wears her red and white jacket.

Underneath all of those layers, however, she actually has a fairly average appearance. Her thick light brown hair is pulled back in two pigtails, short and positioned low on her head. She stands about 5’ 8”, with knobby, scratched-up knees and elbows. She has deep blue eyes that don’t sparkle half as much as she would like them to, but are very wide (to the point that’s it’s creepy). Her figure is as close to curveless as you can get without just looking strange, and she’s nearly always covered in grass stains and scratches. Despite these facts, she isn’t terrible looking, though she would probably be prettier if she actually cared about her appearance.

She has two things she always carries with her; a small lime green backpack in which she keeps extra clothes, a knife, and various other essentials. She also wears an overly long necklace with ID, various valuables, and other small items strung around it, which she usually wears around her neck, ankle, wrist, waist and pretty much wherever she can.

Personality: M has the strong urge to be different from other people, and will change her own personality so as to contrast those around her. She defies both her ice-type expectations to be a gentle healer type of person, and her Ghost-type expectations to be an outcast, instead becoming a rather hyper and happy-go-lucky girl who likes to be in the center of a crowd, or hidden from sight doing something bad.

She’s extremely mischievous. She likes to mess with things, play dangerous pranks and generally sneak around just for the fun of it, often taking on different identities while in different towns. She isn’t afraid to flirt and suck up to people to get to do what she wants, but prefers to defy rules. After all, where’s the fun in sucking up to people? It takes no effort. She also has a strong love for adventure, though she dislikes the fact that there are often times when you have to adventure alone. Being constantly teased as a child, for both her name and her types, has given her a strong disliking to everybody in her age group, and she prefers to socialize with adults and small children. She often don’t think before saying things, and so a lot of times she comes off as rude.

Though she may come off as a slightly bad person, with her love of playing mean pranks and such, she really has good intentions. She’s never truly stolen anything or caused any harm, and the few friends she has she holds very dear to her. She would never betray anybody willingly, though she is logical enough to know the difference between loyalty and stupidity.

History: (I’m awful at these, I’m sorry...)
Emess did not have exiting parents, and as her parents are the beginning of her history, that is where we will begin.
Her ice-type mother and dark-type father fit the personalities commonly associated with their types to a T; her mother was the main healer in the small town of Viae, while her father was a man who could easily be considered ‘tall dark and handsome’. They where both the type of people who where convinced that certain types always had certain personalities, and they where both rather superstitious. for the first three years after they had given birth to a daughter who was displaying ghostly attributes they where nervous and scared, fearing that they had brought bad luck into the town. This however was not the case, as the luck of the town didn’t change in the slightest, and her parents began to calm down slightly, though they where still worried about their daughter growing up to be a lonely prison guard.

However, Emess did not want to grow up to be a lonely prison guard. In fact, Emess had the strong desire to be everything she wasn’t expected to be. She wanted to completely contradict every assumption that could be made of her. She expressed no interest in learning how to heal people with her ice, instead preferring to play with the other children. Despite her disregard to stereotypes, she loved cold weather and the nighttime, and always wished the other kids played at night rather than during the heat of the day.

As Emess and her peers grew older, Emess began to be picked on. First only by a few of the girls she used to play with, then more and more. To be honest, she couldn’t blame them. A girl with a name like Emess and a Type combination of ‘the easiest type to master’ and ‘the most hated type’ who didn’t fit the bill on either and dressed funny... what was there to not tease? This isn’t to say it wasn’t extremely annoying. Eventually, Emess became fed up with it. It was just stupid! Why couldn’t they pick on somebody else? Around the age of Twelve, she adopted the name ‘M’ and began traveling around Fovia, much to the concern of her parents, who disliked her being away from home for more than a few hours.

About a year before she began going by M, she also discovered a love for sneaking around and generally causing trouble. It started with sneaking into peoples houses and playing pranks, and has since escalated into things more serious, though she’s never crossed the line. She often goes to new towns and introduces herself under a fake identity, just to see how long she can get away with it. Her life since then has been rather the same, though not boring; sneaking about, going on short adventures, seeing new things, she quite enjoys it all, though at times she wishes something exiting had happened to her like in stories, where babies are dropped off at doorsteps and parents are brutally murdered by a mysterious force.

M has recently heard of a great adventure to take place, which will, apparently, chart unknown lands, and seems to be open to anyone willing. Needless to say, she is completely willing.

Skills: She’s a rather quick thinker, though on occasion the speed lowers the quality of her ideas. She’s very skilled in both the art of being completely silent and being very obnoxious when needed, and she has a fairly high tolerance for pain.

Abilities:
Phasing - She can pass through solid objects with little to no harm, though if she does this too much or for too long it begins to hurt.

Levitation - Self-explanatory, she can levitate off the ground, and move without touching the ground (though very slowly, as it takes her a lot of of concentration). She strongly dislikes this ability and her Phasing because of their ‘generic ghost-ness’, though they’re the two abilities she uses the most

Ice breath - her breath can drop drastically in temperature, which can be used to freeze anything ranging from water to a living being.

Other: She has a strange love of phasing into large solid objects (like thick walls) just to see what it’s like inside of them, and greatly enjoys reading old legends and myths

RPG Sample: (I’m terrible at these too *dies*)
The eleven-year-old Emess jumped out of her window, trying her best to slow her fall with Levitate. She managed to stop about an inch above the ground, but said ‘ow’ under her breath anyway out of habit.

She didn’t really know why she was sneaking out, or what she was going to do, or how she would get back into the house, all she really knew was that she was bored. Yeah, being bored, great reason for sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night... she thought to herself, lowering herself to the ground and standing up. A breeze blew through her thin multicolored pajamas and suddenly she felt very exposed, but not afraid. Night was her favorite time of day. Which, now that she thought about it, really made no sense, considering night wasn’t a time of the day. Then again, saying night was her favorite time of night would be slightly redundant. She opted not to think about it anymore.

Her sock-clad feet made no sound against the grass as she wandered away from her small house. It looked so much less sad in the dark, which she liked. You couldn’t see the under-construction bits of the house with the lack of light. It made her feel about 50 times less poor than she was. It was interesting being out at night without anybody else around, and entirely enjoyable. She could do anything
Anything...
And she knew just what she wanted to do with that freedom.

It was childish, she would admit when thinking back on the prank, but at the time she thought it was absolutely brilliant. She ran silently down the block to Ria Graphels’ house. Ria Graphels was a girl who seemed to take great pleasure from teasing Emess, or, at least more than most other kids. She had a big white house, long flowing hair (that she was very proud of) and lots of friends. The polar opposite of Emess.

Emess phased through the door, located a scissors, and tiptoed up the stairs, managing to not wake anybody up in the process...

The next morning when Ria awoke with her prized hair chopped off, Emess was feeling very proud of herself.
Seems fine to me, would like the personality a bit longer, but other than that Accepted
Name: Laerin Vishteen

Hometown/Area: Saendaris - Lower Quarter

Chosen Pokemon: Homn the Tentacruel

Appearance:

The first thing one notices about Laerin is is greasy, dark purple hair that extends down to his upper back. It frames his face, which is long and and narrow. He has thinly trimmed eyebrows on a high brow, with a long, pointy, narrow nose. His chin is pointed and angular, and sports a goatee the same color as his hair. Laerin is somewhat pale from living underwater most of the time, so the dark circles under his green eyes are very prevalent. Physically, he is a tad short standing at 5'6", though this complements his overall modus operandi. He has a swimmers build, athletic and lithe to the point he almost looks buff, yet still skinny. His legs are very long and powerful, in relevance with his wide set shoulders. It is not often revealed, but he sports tattoos similar to tentacool's tentacles down his back and chest. His hands and fingers are very used and rough looking, and he keeps his fingernails somewhat long, but well trimmed.

For clothing, he usually wears a black, pleather bodysuit that has straps and belts crisscrossing it to make futuristic lines and patterns. Certain areas are padded with a light plastic, such as the shoulders, elbows and knees. It zips open, and Laerin usually leaves the suit zipped open about one quarter the way down his chest, making a round V shape. Two black leather straps cross in an X over his opening, that come together elastically as it closes. Under the jumpsuit, he wears a light blue unitard with urban decals on it, which reduces the rubbing of his bodysuit. The fingers of the gloves of the suit have been cut off to allow Laerin to use his offensive poison powers. The boots of the suit are removable as well, but he usually wears them, as they seamlessly merge with the suit quite nicely. The outfit overall is insulated and watertight, so Laerin can easily enter water with it on.

If he is not wearing the jumpsuit, it is a tight fitting dark grey tank top and a pair of khaki shorts that have weathered, tasseled bottoms. He wears a belt patterned with naval camouflage, and black flip flops.

Personality: Laerin usually immediately comes off as sadistic and malevolent. He loves to beat people at their own games, and beat people at his own games even more. He has a dark, dry and twisted sense of humor that often offends more than it relieves, though he cares very little. He often wears a sarcastic smile that signifies he's about to unleash yet another abrasive and sarcastic comment.

Aside from his outwards disposition though, Laerin has a good heart and is protective by default. If he sees someone in trouble, or in need of assistance, he immediately goes over to assist, and show off to some extent. People often misinterpret his assistance as a plea for attention, Laerin is driven to help those who are under assault or being bullied. He also harbors a sense of loneliness, as many people are afraid to become close to him due to his poison type. Because of this, Laerin is extremely protective of those close to them, caring for them without question or thought of self.

This entire persona stems from the fact that Laerin is very emotionally insecure. He has always been socially awkward, and his abrasive personality stems from an innate need to establish emotional dominance over the group he is in. As such, he takes insults and criticisms very seriously and personally, to the point he will apologize for the slightest error. This comes across as odd to those who know him better for his more aggressive traits.

History: Laerin was born in the poor, lower quarter of Saendaris, alone with his father, Oplin Vishteen. Laerin's mother died in childbirth, so he and his father are very close and share a strong bond. From a young age, his father had Laerin help with his plumbing business (a very valuable job in Saendaris). Growing up in the more destitute areas of the city, Laerin went through a school system full of bullies and elitists combined. Constantly picked on for both his social status and type, Laerin developed a defensive and dark personality at first. As he saw other under privileged students harassed, he made a life decision to defend others like him. As such, he started to train his strength and powers, till he became well known for thwarting abuse. He let it get to him, and became very cocky and self righteous, which drove his admirers away from him. As an outcast, Laerin's biggest friend was Homn the Tentacruel, the pokemon he was bound with. Together, they would make journeys to shallow sand bars where Laerin and the Tentacruel would exchange verbal and physical abuse. Homn was the closest thing Laerin had to a brother, and Laerin owes Homn his spine.

After graduating, Laerin had nowhere to go but back to his home in the lower quarter of Saendaris. Though he continued to live and work with his father, he felt other callings now. Slowly, he continued his anti-bully routine from his school days, but this time on the streets. He was well known (though not necessarily well liked) throughout his neighborhood for saving the innocent and oppressed. Once purse snatching and other violent crimes were quelled in one area, Laerin would start patrolling another, each time growing stronger and lonely. He never felt the need to get into a romantic relationship, as he had only ever befriended males throughout his life, and considered women whiney and emotionally feeble.

Since he had only two or three close friends, Laerin spent much of his time on the internet, which he loved. His father would walk in most days to find him reading online databases on facts stemming from sports rules to quantum physics. As he continued to learn, Laerin knew what he wanted most in the world: A college education. With this in mind, he started working extra jobs alongside plumbing, researching intensely, and even taking night classes. After a long time of studying, saving and preparring, he submitted his application to the most prestigious college in Saendaris: The Underwater Institiute for Oustanding Humans, or UIOH for short. Once he got the nerve up, he sent in his application and tentatively waited weeks, taking a break even from his anti-heroic duties around the neighborhood to work extra shifts at his jobs. After about a month, he received a letter with one paragraph saying he had not been accepted. Laerin was livid with rage, and went into a period of depression, vindictively denying anyone any help for anything. He quit his jobs, and stayed home brooding. Eventually, the guilt and loneliness got to him again, and he resumed life as normal, but forever scrupulous towards organized institutions.

One day, as he sat in one of the botanical gardens in one of the higher class domes of Saendaris, a guard approached him. The guard told him of a special request to help save the world from some evil genious. Laerin, of course, had his eyebrow raised the entire time. The guard told him to think about it and walked away. Laerin figured that maybe doing what he knew he did well, being a hero, might suit him for awhile.

Skills: As an intellectual, Laerin enjoys composing poems and short songs when inspired. He is a fantastic swimmer, by both living in Saendaris and association with Homn. This athleticism also spurred him to become trained in parkour, a skill he developed during his vigilante duties, which allows him to move easily over difficult terrain.

Abilities:

Poison Sting - When using this power, Laerin's fingertips glow a violent purple, and he can fire darts of poisonous ichor from his fingertips. He can also choose to strike his opponent physically with his poisonous fingers if he holds his hands straight out as if to execute a karate chop.

Tentacles - Laerin's spiritual bond with a Tentacruel gives him the ability to grow ten tentacles similar to those on said Tentacruel out of his back. These tentacles are very strong, and can be used for movement, or holding a target in place. It takes about ten seconds to both extend and retract the tentacles. They are somewhat fragile though, and can be cut.

Acidic Flexibility - Laerin can use the corrosive properties of his blood to temporarily soften the tendons and joints in his body, allowing him to unnaturally contort his frame to extreme degrees. This includes dislocating then immediately relocating shoulders, shift bending his spine to the right, or contorting through tiny spaces. The longer he keeps this up, the more and more it hurts, and the longer it takes to recover.

Other: Laerin, strangely, hates fried food, and loves fresh and crisp fruit.

RPG Sample:

After the guard slowly moved away, Laerin couldn't help but chuckle to himself. All this time, why bother running from what he really was? Sure I'm smart, he mused moodily but I'm darn good at pulverizing people too. He snorted in indignance of himself and moved down into the Saendarin metro. The train surfaced out the watery docking bay, and Laerin swiped his metro card at the gate. He shoved his way through upper class Saendarins; well off business folk who had fine china and velvet rugs to go home to. He took a seat on the water train, still warm from the self-righteous rear of whatever elitist had just occupied it, and closed his eyes for the long ride to the lower quarter, which lay a whole twenty fathoms lower than the main business district. The cab pressurized and Laerin couldn't help but open his eyes to see the water line trickle past the plexiglass view port.

The ocean floor was already growing gloomy in the evening, and the luminous glow of staryu's in the distance made alien patterns on the sea floor. The train bumped and jostled it's way along the submerged rail, constantly shaking Laerin out of his restful meditations. Finally he gave up and merely observed as the undersea world grew dimmer and dimmer as the train moved down in depth. Krabbys on the sea bed picked at the morbid corpses of fish and larger sea life that had died, and skittered back into their rocks as the headlights of the sea train glared over their foraging grounds.

The entire world was a deep, ominous blue as the train pulled in the Lower-Quarter station. The halogen lights in the forlorn station flickered constantly, and the passengers on the train hauled their downtrodden frames off the metro, Laerin along with them. Along the connection tunnel to the main city structure, Laerin jumped when a light tap came by his head. Turning around sharply, hands ignited with poisonous energy, he was relieved to merely see Homn knocking on the window. The tentacruel rattled it's carapace in amusement and gestured towards the communication hall. Laerin nodded and moved to a large tank where humans could talk to their pokemon companions while both were in their preferred environment. Homn brashly shoved an irate corphish out of the way and moved his large frame into the tank. Laerin put on the headset required for communication and pushed the button infront of him. Homn's voice came eerie and distorted over the headset.

"How was your time with the all-powerful today, Laerin?" The monstrous jellyfish inquired. Laerin shook his head in exasperation.

"Man, look. So I'm sitting in the garden when some guard comes up to me and asks me to join some super hero team or something. Sounds interesting." he said. Homn flashed his red orbs pensively.

"Laerin, I do not like this idea, as it would take you from Saendaris. Would I come with you?"

"I think so. I don't see why not..." Laerin said, idly scratching his arm. He always felt uncomfortable seeing Homn in such a small environment. "Listen, since the whole college thing didn't work out, I'm thinking this might just be what I'm supposed to do."

Homn nodded his head in agreement.

"Yes. Traveling would be a fine idea for you after those eggheads at UIOH refused to take you in." Homn chuckled, a strange warbling noise.

"Yeah...listen, why don't you come back to the house for dinner. I'll throw you some octopus, I know how much you like it."

"Sounds like a plan, let's go." Homn said, sinking out of sight. Laerin casually tossed the headphones off his head, not minding to replace them. If someone cared, let them speak. No on spoke. Homn appeared in the water conduit overhead, a tube of water for pokemon to travel inside the domes, and the two started walking towards Laerin's house. The two laughed as an elite stumbled over her expensive looking dress and fell into a patch of mire.

"Hey you never know princess", Laerin said between peals of laughter "It could be the style next month. Looks good on ya!" he said. The woman looked enraged, but was completely confused when Laerin went over to help her to her feet. He pulled her up and casually walked away, never looking at her twice, still laughing spitefully.

As the two walked deeper into the poor and lawless sections of the dome, Laerin started looking around warily. Few people met his gaze as he strode past. He wore a mild scowl, and walked with brisk steps down one of the back streets. With no surprise on his part whatsoever, he walked onto the scene of a mugging. With a sharp whistle, he called to the thug pointing a gun at a feeble looking teen boy.

"Hey. Drop it." Laerin commanded. The man scoffed and turned around, keeping his gun trained on the kid. With a simple gesture, the fire escape above Laerin's head rusted into scrap and collapsed. Laerin rolled out of the way, and charged his finger tips with poison. He pointed his left hand fingers at the mugger and violet shards of pure toxic material flew at the man. He ducked the blast narrowly, and trained his gun on Laerin. He fired twice, sloppily and took off running. Laerin had not trouble keeping up, deftly vaulting over trashcans and ducking support beams as the man weaved through the crows. Laerin had a vicious grin on his face and long brownish tentacles wove their way out of his jumpsuit. He turned a corner to find the man taking aim at him, and immediately slid behind a dumpster. The shots panged on the metal crate, as Laerin charged his fingers again, this time, both hands.

Using his tentacles, he hoisted himself high in the air, his body suspended. He fired a spread of poisonous bolts, and three managed to catch the mugger in the leg as he tried to dodge. Laerin cackled malevolently, and walked on his tentacles over to the man, and let himself down. He hoisted the man up into the air, holding him upside down, face to face. Laerin casually yanked the gun out of his hand, and stood grinning evilly at the now whimpering thug.

"Well, here we are." Laerin said, casually examining the gun. He checked the chamber, removed and replaced the cartridge, and aimed it at a nearby pile of trash. "This is a pretty nice piece, but you know guns are illegal in underwater communities, aren't they Homn?"

Homn was floating in a nearby water tube and nodded his carapace in assent.

"Yeah, so, why don't you use your rustification powers and make this little beauty disappear? Eh?" he said, smiling warmly, and patting the man on the shoulder reassuringly. The man did nothing but spit on Laerin's face.

"Ohhh gross. Tough guy eh?" Laerin asked, laughing as he wiped the goober off of his face. He held a glowing purple finger up to the man's face. "Don't make me persuade you, hm?" Laerin said, still smiling. The man grimaced as Laering bent the mugger's legs with his tentacles. Slowly the gun dissolved into an orange powder. Laerin nodded in approval, and without hesitation tossed him forcefully against the wall.

As his tentacles retracted, he called out mellowly "If I so much as catch you rusting stuff again, I will rot you leg just like that gun, capiche?" He laughed twice and rounded the alley corner. By the time he got home, he was feeling pretty good about himself again. He could get into this...

*pant* *pant* *pant* Safe.
Only problem I see is the fact I stated ytou can't know your partner earlier on in the sign up thread. Change that and you'll be accepted. Pending.

Son_of_Shadows

Like Ysavryl, I am highly amused by Laze, and my character will reflect this. I HEART IRONY!!!!

Oh, and feel free to brick me for the horrendous puns.

And yes, I'm a shameless Fire Emblem fanboy.

Name: Ilyana Miam
Hometown/Area: Linten, Laze
Chosen Pokemon: Electabuzz

Appearance: Ilyana looks incredibly fragile, with ghostly-pale skin, and a lithe body. She stands at a very modest 5”5, and her tiny body weighs in at a miserable 50 kilograms. Her petite size, combined with the fact that she is very flat-chested, causes strangers to assume that she is only fourteen or fifteen, rather than seventeen. Her limbs are stick-thin, and as such, when she walks, or does anything, she always looks like she's about to keel over. She has a very tired, almost sickly demeanour.

That said, she has a pretty face. The paleness, perfectness of her skin makes her look like a porcelain doll; she's almost false; but her shiny, emerald eyes seem to counteract this. It is this strange contradiction of reality and fiction that makes Ilyana pretty, almost truly beautiful. She wears her light brown hair straight down to the middle of her back, but it is quite greasy and dirty, as she washes it rarely. This also causes quite a bit of frizz, making it quite unkempt.

As for clothing, Ilyana wears a plain mint-green blouse, with a thin, lilac cotton jacket on top of this. Along with this, she wears a matching knee-length skirt, and black tights to go with her pumps. All girls in Linten accessorise, though, and Ilyana is no exception. She wears three bracelets on her right arm, one red, one blue, and one white, almost invisible against her skin. She tells time via a watch with a purple strap on her left wrist, and her finally accessory, is a conspicuous opal brooch, pinned to her jacket. This is a family heirloom which she refuses to remove, or even let anyone else touch.

Personality: Despite living in the most industrious city around, Ilyana is one of the laziest people you'll ever meet, preferring to use Magnet Rise to reach her destination, or alternatively, just manipulating people into doing whatever she needs done for her. This is one of her greatest traits... She can manipulate almost anyone into doing what she says. She's extremely good at flirting with boys, and she convinces girls that she's on their side in whatever's troubling them.

WARNING! BAD PUN ALERT!!

Surprisingly, Ilyana will devour almost anything set in front of her, as long as it's remotely edible. Amount is no limit; the girl could clear a buffet table in one sitting, if she could be bothered, and yet, she rarely gains any weight. Some theorise that she has a very large tapeworm living in her intestines, but really, she just has a very high metabolism. Food is not the only thing she devours though; Ilyana has a voracious appetite for books, both classics and modern fiction, including “To kill a Chatot”, “Of Pikachu and Men”, and her personal favourite, “Larry Topper, and the Order of the Ho-Oh”.

So, from all this, we gather that she is quite an intelligent young woman. She isn't a particularly nice character, but nor is she a complete cow. She can manipulate people, but she only does it for her own gain, not to turn them against each other, and she certainly doesn't manipulate people into doing wrong. As flirtatious as she is, she has no interest in having a boyfriend, and doesn't really have much of a social life at all. In fact, virtually all she does all day is stay in the house, lie on the couch, and read. It's a very sheltered existence...

History: Things started off bad for the Miam family. They lived in a small village on the outskirts of Laze, known as Bratius. The village's main source of income was agriculture, until a factory from Laze rolled in, needing the extra space for a new venture. At first, the villagers, including the Miams, were delighted. They'd been finding fewer and fewer buyers for their crops as of late, and poverty was beginning to set in. A new routine was set up in Bratius; women would tend to stay at home, and work the farm, while men took to the factory.

However, seeing the villagers' plight, the factory owner exploited them, paying them as little as possible, and making conditions terrible. To increase the size of the workforce, toxic chemicals were secretly leaked out into the village soils, making them infertile, and worthless. However, this meant the village had to import food from Laze, which was incredibly expensive. They fell even deeper into the poverty trap.

Joshua Miam, Ilyana's father, only wanted the best for his wife and recently born daughter. He also wanted to strike back at the corrupt factory owner. And so, he formulated a plan. Much of the factory equipment was incredibly dangerous, and training given was minimal. If a worker was to have an “accident” on the job, he would receive either a huge cash pay-off, or (theoretically at least) sue the proverbial pants off the factory. Joshua knew law – he had studied it at university in Linten, where he himself was born (he moved to marry his wife), and he knew there was a strong possibility this would work. If it did, he could whisk his family back to Linten, and live a life of relative luxury.

However, his plan went wrong, but not in the way he had expected. He ended up being killed by the machinery in a brutal fashion, but, fortunately, he had informed his wife of the possibility of suing. By using the family rainy-day fund, Rebecca Miam, Ilyana's mother, paid for a professional lawyer, who successfully won the case, and took the factory to the cleaners. With this, Rebecca and Ilyana moved to Linten, purchasing a small house in the suburbs. She took a job as a housekeeper to support the family from there. Joshua Miam was buried with a smile on his face.

Meanwhile, Ilyana herself grew up without knowing her father. Possibly lamenting this, she buried herself in her books; it was as though she preferred the world of fiction to that of reality. Despite considerable intelligence, she performed distinctly averagely in school, simply too lazy to do any more work than was necessary. Her social life was non-existent, though she did get asked out on several dates. All of them were turned down. Flash forward to the present day. Any money Ilyana comes in to is spent on novels, and she spends almost all of her time in her room alone, reading them. It's quite a sad, lonely existence.

Skills: Ilyana's intelligence gives her a lot of potential for skills, but she lacks the drive for them. However, she reads at a very high level, and extremely quickly.

Abilities:

• Thunder Wave: A defensive move, Ilyana emits a sharp jolt, which temporarily stuns whatever she aims at, usually considered a threat. Like most Electric techniques, if used without the correct focus and precision, Ilyana can end up electrocuting herself.
  • Magnet Rise: Another usually defensive move, this suits the lazy Ilyana. It allows her to levitate herself above the ground a few feet for a limited time. She usually uses it to hover short distances. This move cannot cause electrocution.
  • Live Wire: Ilyana's sole offensive move, it allows her to form a tendril of electrical energy from her hand, and use it to whip foes. The tendril is roughly ten feet long, but incorporates a lot of electrical energy, and as such, can very easily kill her if not used correctly. However, the positives of the move far outweigh the negatives, as such energy is bound to leave a rather painful mark on the enemy, and the tendril has some utility as a rope, or possibly a grappling hook.

Other: Nothing I can think of!

RPG Sample: The grey clouds were a common sight in Linten... The many factories released a great deal of smoke into the air. It had been this way so long, people began to confuse the clouds and the smoke, as they became interlocked, yet still somehow beautiful, and artistic in a way. The sky wasn't what Ilyana focussed on though. No, she watched the man “driving” the Yenton, which was taking her home. He flapped his arms chaotically, and it made for an amusing sight... It was potentially very dangerous, as he could easily lose concentration, killing the pair instantly, but the teenager didn't exactly give a damn about that. It had been a long day at school, and the waiting for the lunch period in particular had been unbearable... It was a foolish man who stood between Ilyana Miam, and her next meal.

Finally, home in time for dinner. As usual, the second she got home, Ilyana used Magnet Rise to get herself upstairs, stripped off the hideous, grey plaid school uniform, and showered, letting the hot water rinse her tiredness away. Pulling on her usual outfit, her stomach began to rumble. I get it, I'm hungry again...

“Good evening, mother,” she said, kissing the red-headed woman on the cheek as they sat down to dinner. A decent-sized steak, with a fresh garden salad.

“How was school?”

No answer. Ilyana wasn't much for talking during meals. That didn't stop her mother trying, though. After a few more attempts to coax an answer to this simple question out of her daughter, Rebecca Miam gave up and sighed. Another meal in silence...

Later that evening, Ilyana was, as per usual, alone in her room. Comfortable in her swivel-chair, she was deep in the heart of “To kill a Chatot”. Subconsciously, she fingered the brooch on her lapel. According to her mother, it had been passed down through her father's family, though she knew nothing of them. Her grandparents had passed before her birth, and she recalled nothing of her father. [I[Joshua Miam... What a peculiar man he must have been.[/I] She briefly set down the book, to ponder the man. According to the photograph of her parents' wedding day, he had been relatively handsome, with shiny blue eyes, and soft brown hair. This, combined with the fact that he “gave his life to ensure our future”, was all she had to go on. She had no idea what this even meant. He gave his life? How? How did it ensure their future? Any time the teen asked her mother, she became silent.

Such thoughts of her father quickly passed when Ilyana was truly engrossed in a book, and she was just getting to the trial scenes in “To kill a Chatot”. She picked it up, found her place, and was found the next morning still in her chair, sleeping peacefully, book draped on her lap.

Tearen the Absol

Carpe Noctem
Ahhhh... I sense a wonderful friction is going to develop between Ilyana and Laerin. Goood. >:D I mean, look at all these!

1. The both have a parent dead, the opposite of their sex
2.They're both loners
3. Ilyana likes to manipulate guys while Laerin thinks girls are weak
4. She lives in a world of fiction, while he is an incurable realist

So much fun writing is gonna come out of this...

Last edited:

Araleon

Chill
I have a question, handymankg2. I'm strongly thinking about joining this RPG, but I have a question before I post my sign-up:

Is there evolution? Like, if I wanted a Glaceon partner, would I start with an Eevee and it evolve during the course of the RPG, or would it start as a Glaceon?

Polar Star

Huzzah!
Here goes nothing...

Name: Sven Lanford

Hometown/Area: Fovia

Chosen Pokemon: Espeon

Appearance: Sven stands at around five feet, eight inches. He's considered to be the skinniest boy in Boryl, weighing in at 89 pounds. He's never exercised a day in his life and it shows. He has the muscular structure of an 8 year old girl. He has thin, aquamarine colored eyes that tend to shift to a deep shade of green when his eyes are wet, through crying, rain, or otherwise. His nose is slightly large and, other than that, looks rather usual.

He has long, straight dark brown hair, just above his shoulders in the back and slightly covering his left eye. He was often teased because of his hair as well, but never cared enough to have it cut. It naturally grew that way and he didn't want to adjust to not seeing his hair in his face. He wears a constant look of disinterest upon his face, due to his previously uneventful life. His skin color is about average, maybe slightly tanner.

His recurring outfit consists of a dark blue short-sleeved shirt resting on top of an extremely long-sleeved (an inch or so past his fingertips) black shirt. He also wears an oddly colored blue chain around his neck, which once belonged to his father.

Personality: Sven is an extremely intelligent man, suiting well his Psychic type. He's extremely pessimistic, constantly plagued by thoughts such as, "I'll never get to meet my Pokemon. It's futile to even try." As such, he spent most of his childhood distancing himself from others who had their partners already, due to his jealousy. He would go as far as to lock himself in his room to get away from his parents when it got especially bad. He's recovered from his jealous fits since then. He's an extremely nice person; once a pacifist by every definition of the word. He would often go out of his way to help the people who treated him with kindness. As such, the friends he made, however few they were, were extremely close to him. One of the most quiet people in his neighborhood, he rarely spoke to anyone who didn't address him directly. He spent most of his free time in the fields of Fovia, looking at the stars. He's terrified of bee-esque Pokemon or bee-esque Bug type humans.

History: Sven's family was pretty wealthy. Not insanely rich, not too poor. Sven's father, Jack, was an electric type. He worked at the Boryl Electric Company. His mother, Westa, was a Grass type that worked a small farm outside of the Lanford's house. Sven went to school at Boryl Elementary with his best friend, Evan. Evan Crowley was a boy of moderate wealth and something of a wallflower. This isn't surprising, since he was a Dark type. Evan and Sven were inseparable. Their stay at Boryl Elementary was cut short one afternoon, however. One of the school bullies broke into the school the night before and wrote graffiti all over their teacher's desk. The next day, the bullies had blamed Evan and Sven. The two were expelled from school. Evan wanted revenge, but Sven said to let it be. The two argued constantly from then on. Until then, they never really saw each other's differences. Evan eventually got so ****** that he Shadow Clawed Sven. It was a minor cut to his arm and did no major physical damage, but Sven was emotionally torn apart. Sven started wearing long sleeves underneath his short sleeves to hide the cut he received from his best friend, and kept wearing them from that day on. One night, during a massive storm, a couple of Water types from Jylla, decided that it was a good idea to sabotage Boryl Electric. Jylla, a small Water-type village, had been jealous of Boryl for it's abundant electricity, yet hated Electric types. They had tried to buy some of Boryl's electricity, but the deal turned sour and Jylla were sent home with a no. The Jyllan saboteurs were caught by Sven's father, and Jack was outnumbered. Jack, on the verge of death, grabbed his foes and struck himself with Thunder, killing both himself and his foes. He had saved Boryl Electric at the cost of his life. Westa, overcome with grief, stopped eating all together, eventually dying. He started staying at his aunt Cloe's house. On his 16th birthday, his wish was to get away from Boryl and his misfortunes. His aunt told him about Marshall, and Sven decided to enlist.

Skills: Sven is a swift runner, enjoys sudoku, chess, and he's an expert at eating tacos. (Hey, you said nothing was too small.)

Abilities: Psychic - Blasts the foe with brain waves, slamming into them for extreme damage.
Future Sight - See events happen shortly before they occur. Mainly used in defense.
Morning Sun - Restores the health of whoever Sven chooses. Restores more health depending on the time of day. Does nothing when the sun is down.

RPG Sample: Sven sighed and tossed his hair to the side as he left Aunt Cloe's house. Cloe waved to him and yelled, "Hope you don't die!" Sven chuckled. She never was the most tactful person. With that out of the way, Sven darted forward, Boryl's beautiful meadows a blur to him as he shot by. He was extra careful to avoid Jylla on his way to Relgran. However, Jylla wasn't too careful to avoid him. A girl about Sven's age crossed his path, with black hair down to her back. She glanced him a cold look and it started to rain, blocking out the sun. Sven sighed heavily, "Look, lady. I don't want any trouble." She laughed and aimed a Water Gun at Sven that he leapt away from and darted off into the distance. The girl chased after him, but couldn't keep up. The rain seemed to go on endlessly. Sven decided to camp out until the rain ended. It was going to be a long journey to Relgran.

ViewtifulJoe

Hero of Movie Land
Can I be the first to compliment Son of Shadows on the Radiant Dawn reference? My character, just loosely, was based off of Volke and one of my many theories on why he wants so much money.

Gamekrazy

Oooooh, this intrests me! By any chance, was the His Dark Materials trilogy (Golden compass, ect?) part of your inspiration? The film kinda moved me ta incorporate the whole soul-link thing inta a digimon fic of mine, though the humans dont get superpowers like in here... but I digress!

I recall smeargle being mentioned under the normal types, and am very interested in creating a character linked to one, but am wondering about the abilities. Specifically, seeing as smeargles specialize in copying others (Which would also be a point in my characters personality) I don't think he would have three skills, rather just one that lets him take on others.

With regards to that, I suppose copying others skills would have to have some handicaps to make it not too cheap, wouldn't it? Perhaps forgetting skills he hasn't used recently, or having the skills be weaker then the originals... or both? Or maybe no handicaps at all... I leave it to you.

It may be a while till I get my application in... I just read the plot and skimmed the rest, and have yet to read the RP itself... but hopefully ill have it before the week is over.