1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Bragging Thread

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Dragonite19, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Dragonite19

Dragonite19 Dragonite Fan

OK, this is my first thread, so bear with me.

This thread is to discuss your best Pokemon. Tell how you got it, why you like it so much, its level, its moves, ect. And please, no trade discussion. This is not the place for it.

EDIT: You can now also give advice to others of how to improve their Pokemon.

Have fun!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. Dragonite19

Okay, I'll start. My best is my Togekiss. Its at level 100, through so very many e4 battles. I chose to use it because I was looking for a new addition to my team, and It seemed like a perfect choice, and sure enough it was. Its attacks include Hyper Beam, Sky Attack, Air Slash, and Aura Sphere.

3. squeezcheese

squeezcheese Well-Known Member

My Octillery is killer.

It knows

Flamethrower
    Ice Beam
    Octazooka
    Signal Beam

Some might argue that its moves are crappy but they're reliable and because I mainly use him for Battle Frontier I just want him to be accurate and somewhat powerful.

4. Cloud.

Cloud. You're pathetic.

Yehhh ??
    My Spiritomb has WonderGuard !!!!
    & I hab a shiny female hippowdon !! It looks like a shiny charizard^^

5. Aviano

Aviano I dropped my balls

My Spinda is pretty awesome. It knows how to dance and all the other Pokemon just stare in confusion at how awesome his moves are.

Also my Masquerain is pretty pimp. But how can it not be, it's a Masquerain. Mine's extra pimp though.

6. bob_shmoe

bob_shmoe Well-Known Member

Why it's my Lv. 100 Lucario! It has great Attack and Sp. Attack and good speed. It knows Aura Sphere, Blaze Kick, Shadow Claw, and Dragon Pulse.

7. elephantdog

elephantdog ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier

I'm proud of my whole team as seen underneath (except Froslass). Froslass is the weakest Pokemon on my team. If they ever make a pure-Ice Pokemon that's a peacock made out of ice, I'd put that on my team. Imagine how it'll be...peacock feathers that are all blue crystals. That's pretty sweet.

Lanturn and Rapidash are definitely the major players on this team. They're so awesome!

8. superjesus1

superjesus1 Well-Known Member

Well, for me it must be a tie between Mamoswine and Porygon-Z, both level 100 of course =P I bred them for wi-fi battles, but then my modem screwed up so i just use them in the battle tower now =) I like mamoswine because i love ice type pokemon in general and with ice shard, it tends to dominate most dragons as long as they don't have yache berry handy =P Porygon-z is a favourite because it's got such a diverse movepool, massive Sp Atk and only a single weakness to fighting types =)

9. GolemGuy

GolemGuy Better Than Thou

My Lv. 92 Naughty Rayquaza of doom.

I caught it in Emerald with the Master Ball. Since then, Rayquaza has become my main in-game Pokemon for every game, and is just generally awesome.

Lame moveset, though.

-Dragon Claw
    -Fly
    -Hyper Beam
    -Outrage

10. Zeyre

Zeyre Banned

I have the best brag yet.

Alright well when I started playing when Crystal came out my brother also gave me his old Blue version. Weeellllllll.....

I had a snorlax. Since the game was always glitchy I got the bestest most awesomest pokemon ever out of it. A lvl 156 Snorlax with 2 health bars. It was greattt. I chalenged my friend to a battle and I said if I beat your team with one pokemon then I can have your mew. Well literally he had 2 mewtwos, a mew, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Celebi. Yes I traded the snorlax to crystal if you couldnt figure it out. long story short, I had a mew.

Yayy

11. LugiaRider

LugiaRider Well-Known Member

I don't really have any special Pokemon on my team. But, I have incredible events that I'm very proud to be the owner of:
    [they all have great natures, are ut, legit, uncloned - generally pure Pokemon events: NFT!!]
    -My Rash Gamestp Deoxys
    -My Timid Almia Darkrai
    -My Modest TRU Shaymin
    -My two unhatched Manaphy eggs

+ more events but those are my top 4

12. Out of all my Pokemon, I'm most proud of my Dialga. Sure, he has a terrible nature (Docile I think), but he was the first Dialga I had ever captured, and has helped me in so many battles that I couldn't have won without him. I've had him for three long years (actually, three years from yesterday would have been the day I caught my Dialga). Oh, he was also my first 4th gen lv. 100 Pokemon... He knows Roar of Time, Flamethrower, Ancient Power, and Flash Cannon.

I have others, like all my event Pokemon, my shinies, and basically every Pokemon I've used for on my main teams, but Dialga is the main one.

13. jshizzlex6661

jshizzlex6661 Sick Of Natures

Why Sky Attack? Togekiss has AWFUL attack. Surely you're set with Air Slash for a flying move? Why not add Flamethrower to counter Ice pokemon?

14. Dragonite19

My Tokekiss has a fairly good Attack, around 200. The reason why I choose it was because each of the pokemon on my team has 2 sort of "suicide" attacks and that was one of them. The next Togekiss I use won't have Sky Attack.

15. jshizzlex6661

Still, surely that move slot could have better use. I'm sure your Togekiss's Special Attack is near 350 considering the nature

16. Dragonite19

Yeah, somewhere around that. Oh well, Live and Learn! I'll think of something to change it too. Thanks for the advice!

17. Inconspicuosaurus

Inconspicuosaurus Bone-ified dinosaur

My shiny Zangoose is... not actually my best Pokemon, but it's the one I'm most proud of. ^^

It's fully EV'd in Attack and Speed and its moveset covers every type combination for at least neutral damage:
    Close Combat
    Shadow Claw
    Aerial Ace
    Crush Claw (had to, it's STAB and it's its signature move ^^)

18. jshizzlex6661

I seriously wasn't having a go, was just saying :)

pokemonz is serious buesniess.

19. Dragonite19

LOL. I guess so. Its no big deal. You have a point, though. Sky attack was a pretty bad choice. Once again: Live and Learn! Still, thanks for the advice.

20. Dragonite19

WOW! (Jaw Drops) That is the most impressive moveset I've seen on a Zangoose!