• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't know if this was asked before. Can you trade Pokémon that are available in both between Sword and Shield & Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl? If so, how? By having two Switches to trade between or with something like Pokémon Home?
That's probably going to be a Home thing, but we don't know anything quite yet.

My guess is that they'll go in detail in the next (possible) Pokemon Direct of Feb. 27, 2022.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
i think the 4 space rule in the vid is a valid premise. i dont know if the farthest is the best but mid range seems to work. chained the furret line hoping for frisk, got 20 or so in and it broke...

the grass shake more violently or throws more leaves up. its a bit hard to catch the difference TBH but there is a difference.

is there any area in the game that has more than 4 spots to plant a berry? im going to start the EV lowering berry run to get more to fix some evs. ORAS had a huge place with many berries, did diamond, pearl platinum have a similar place?
Thanks for the pointers about looking for Hidden Abilities. I've had no luck so far, unfortunately.

As for Berries, it only goes up to 4.

I currently have 10 skull fossils & I want to get either a shiny Cranidos or one with a good nature. Would I be able to get either of them if I try to restore all of them, or could I just drop off one, turn off the autosave, and keep soft resetting before returning to the fossil restorer until I get one that I want?
If this is like how it was in the original Sinnoh games, their Natures are set the moment you give the fossil to the museum worker. You should save right before then and reset to get the one of the Nature you want if that's what you're looking for. Good luck with a shiny one though...those are some small odds. You may be better off breeding for one.

In XY/ORAS sometimes you need to use a move in battle to collect items... today I was in a battle (in the Underground) and there was a sparkling animation in the background

Screenshot-2021-11-29-at-14-23-52-seiryu6-on-Twitter.png

is there a guide of what I can find/how to get the items??
Or maybe that sparkling animation is something else?

(I have a video on Twitter but I don't know if I can add the link here)
No one really knows what that means yet. So far, no one's found any meaningful change whenever those flashes of light occur.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Thanks for the pointers about looking for Hidden Abilities. I've had no luck so far, unfortunately.

As for Berries, it only goes up to 4.
thank you for the reply. that sucks that it only get that far. too bad they dont have a town/location where 8 are close by. i dont think i noticed the grass shake more vigorously but thats what its supposed to do. looks like resort area has 8 spots for berries.

Last edited:

Jeppo

Is there a trainer with Infernape in the main game before the E4? I need to see one to complete the Dex, but I've tried every trainer I could find and there is none.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
thank you for the reply. that sucks that it only get that far. too bad they dont have a town/location where 8 are close by. i dont think i noticed the grass shake more vigorously but thats what its supposed to do. looks like resort area has 8 spots for berries.
The Resort Area does have four Berry spaces within it and another four just north of it, if that counts.

In addition, the Fight Area has four Berry spaces to the immediate left of the Pokémon Center and another four a short distance northeast of the town.

Is there a trainer with Infernape in the main game before the E4? I need to see one to complete the Dex, but I've tried every trainer I could find and there is none.
No, the first NPC with Infernape is Flint.

Shankd

I dont know if this was asked or not. But Im wondering can you find pokemon with Hidden Abilities in the underground? Im looking for a charmander with its Hidden Abilities.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I dont know if this was asked or not. But Im wondering can you find pokemon with Hidden Abilities in the underground? Im looking for a charmander with its Hidden Abilities.
It seems HA are only on chaining poke radar. I was hoping for HA Oddish myself but there is no poke radar for that line.

Thanks Ophie, I got the 8 in resort area atm and will make use of the fight area as soon as I have enough ev berries to spare on the other 8. Is there a color difference on watered and unwatered spots? It's hard to tell difference between the 2.

Apparently you can monitor honey trees and berries on the map. I think I overlooked that function...

Last edited:

Smoothie_Hotdog

I have gotten at least 20 thunder and fire stones each, all the Mysterious Shards for all the legendaries, but have not spotted a single water, moon, dawn and dusk stone. Do I need to enter from a certain area to find these stones?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
What process is needed to rematch gym leaders? Do you just go enter it and face them? I figure you can only face them once a day at the very least.

JeremyTHE_EeveeFan

Eevee's #1 Fan
So, I'm Shiny hunting my starter at the moment, and a thought just occurred to me: What would the odds be of getting BOTH the uncatchable Shiny Starly AND my Shiny Chimchar at the EXACT same time?! Please, please, PLEASE; can someone answer this?!

Also, sorry if I've got this in the wrong area...

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I have gotten at least 20 thunder and fire stones each, all the Mysterious Shards for all the legendaries, but have not spotted a single water, moon, dawn and dusk stone. Do I need to enter from a certain area to find these stones?
Considering those are the evolution stones I find the most of, this seems to be a version-based thing. I take it you're playing Brilliant Diamond, as I'm playing Shining Pearl and I struggle to find Thunder, Sun, Shiny, and Ice Stones.

What process is needed to rematch gym leaders? Do you just go enter it and face them? I figure you can only face them once a day at the very least.
Which phase are you at?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Considering those are the evolution stones I find the most of, this seems to be a version-based thing. I take it you're playing Brilliant Diamond, as I'm playing Shining Pearl and I struggle to find Thunder, Sun, Shiny, and Ice Stones.

Which phase are you at?
post game, past 1st E4 round. not yet at the point the team is over leveled for E4 rematch levels, currently around the same level or a few levels higher. got my answer, just waltzed into the rock gym and flygon got some good exp. rampardos and tyranitar posed some minor problems of more damage than expected but i got through with 1 revive and had to leave gardevoir fainted to beat his last one... did rock, water, plant electric so far. dont think i will do the platform, sliding door or snowpoint gyms for the puzzles. those focus sashes the leaders have are getting a bit annoying...

Last edited: