• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Sunset_shimmer

Why does it seem like catching pokemon has become harder in some ways? I am currently trying to catch Mesprit(SP?) And have him basically down to one HP and yet no matter what ball I use he (she?) always breaks out. This happens with other non legendary pokemon too.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Why does it seem like catching pokemon has become harder in some ways? I am currently trying to catch Mesprit(SP?) And have him basically down to one HP and yet no matter what ball I use he (she?) always breaks out. This happens with other non legendary pokemon too.

Different legendary pokemon tend to have different catch rates. Story progression pokemon (Dialga/Palkia, Zekrom/Reshiram in BW for example) have a much higher catch rate making them easier to catch.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
well, that"# stupid. When is the gas opening up?
No one knows yet. Most likely, it'll do so at the same time that the games become compatible with Pokémon HOME.

Pokémon are more likely to break out if they're higher-leveled than the Pokémon you're using at the moment. If this isn't the case, it's simply luck.

As for Mesprit, I'd recommend Quick Balls. Since Mesprit always runs away rather than fighting, if you choose the method of chasing it down all over Sinnoh, then every encounter will technically be the first turn of the battle, and you'll get the highest odds with a Quick Ball.

BCVM22

Repeatedly battling Mespirit and getting in one turn per battle sounds exhausting. Much easier is to catch a high-level Golbat in the Underground and use the Move Relearner and TMs to give it Mean Look and a weak Dark-type attack like Bite (learnset) or Facade (TM). I used that Golbat to entrap and catch both Mespirit and Cresselia with minimal aggravation.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Repeatedly battling Mespirit and getting in one turn per battle sounds exhausting. Much easier is to catch a high-level Golbat in the Underground and use the Move Relearner and TMs to give it Mean Look and a weak Dark-type attack like Bite (learnset) or Facade (TM). I used that Golbat to entrap and catch both Mespirit and Cresselia with minimal aggravation.
Yeah, that's what I did in some prior games. Right now though, it's not my priority, so I sometimes just encounter Mesprit and Cresselia doing other things. During then, I just toss a Quick Ball and hope to get lucky. If I don't, I just proceed with what I was doing before.

Sunset_shimmer

I will try the Golbat suggestion! Thanks for that!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Want to create a more consistent tea that can handle the elite 4. Last time i barely beat them but my team used a lot of healing and reviving items.

Biggest weakness: Lucians Mr Mime and most members including Cynthia's Lucario, Garchomp and Milotic were toughest. Any recommendations for a strong team is appreciated.

My Infernape is lvl 86 now. Garchomp is 62 I have Switched out Togekiss for Blastoise with Ice Beam. Gardevoir is lvl 70 now Gardevoir is lvl 70 now.
Last slots are empty.

This was my old team

Last edited:

Kantonio75

Hi,
Ive noticed that the Pokémon nursery isn’t levelling up my Pokémon at all, however theres a page on the BD and SP website that says they should be levelling. Has anyone else come across this ?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Hi,
Ive noticed that the Pokémon nursery isn’t levelling up my Pokémon at all, however theres a page on the BD and SP website that says they should be levelling. Has anyone else come across this ?
The nursery does not level Pokémon. Back when day cares were a thing one step equaled one experience point there. However, the day cares have been replaced as of Sun and Moon so there is no free leveling. Just a place to breed Pokémon without worries of them growing.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The nursery does not level Pokémon. Back when day cares were a thing one step equaled one experience point there. However, the day cares have been replaced as of Sun and Moon so there is no free leveling. Just a place to breed Pokémon without worries of them growing.
That's actually good. Back in the old days you would risk losing a move while it was in sitting in the daycare and you might never got a notification if it happened.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I already have a good IV, EV trained Tyranitar and I just found out Dragon Dance is an egg move:/

Can anyone let me borrow a male Tyranitar with Dragon Dance for only a few minutes? I will just put it and my Tyranitar at a day care so your Tyranitar will transfer its Dragon Dance move to mine (your Tyranitar will still keep its Dragon Dance.

Ay1 that could help ? :(

Last edited:

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
I already have a good IV, EV trained Tyranitar and I just found out Dragon Dance is an egg move:/
Is there a way to transfer this egg move to it, instead of breeding a new one? :/
I've seen posts that suggest the sword and shield mechanic of breeding egg moves up to parents with a blank spot is still included in these games. In which case, you need to breed dragon dance onto larvitar, evolve it up to tyranitar of the opposing gender and make sure the target t tar has a blank move slot for dragon dance.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I've seen posts that suggest the sword and shield mechanic of breeding egg moves up to parents with a blank spot is still included in these games. In which case, you need to breed dragon dance onto larvitar, evolve it up to tyranitar of the opposing gender and make sure the target t tar has a blank move slot for dragon dance.
Yes, thank you. I saw that now and updated my post.
Do u have a Tyranitar with Dragon Dance I can borrow for a few minutes? :(

samuwu

Hewwo owo. I just wanted to say that female Burmy do exist in Brilliant Diamond if anyone is looking for it. Ive tried to hatch a lot of eggs using a Burmy male + a Ditto and it did not work trying to get a lady Burmy, all eggs hatched to male Burmies. But after slathering honey and battling a Burmy for about 100 times or over (trying to find Heracross), a Burmy female appeared. Either I am extremely unlucky or female Burmy is just extremely rare in spearl, like it is some "gender/look-exclusive" pokemon for the game (´* w *`)

I wonder if doubleslathing honey on trees increases the chance for Heracross? I havent seen it.. its nonexistant xD Thx.