• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Did you alter the time on your Switch recently? BDSP has a system where time-based events will not occur for 24 hours if you change the time on your Switch.
I didnt

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
thanks, i hope that it will be allowed when the Home update is done. hitting all on SDF side isant as great as 3 SDF hits and 1 DF hits.

A lot of good learnset moves are unavailable in this game because of movesets changing over the years. Probably too many to count.
Hopefully Sylveon and many Gen 6 and others can be transferred over. It's weird not to include Sylveon in this game since it has Fairies but i see no logical reasons not to evolve it by Eevee knowing Baby Doll Eyes and simply raising happiness and giving it a few poffins.

I have a new question, does anyone know where Ditto can be found ? I need to breed more Eevees for my pokedex. Already have a Flareon.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Hi! I've played BrilliantDiamond a few hours today (after my initial hour a few days back).

What I've noticed is a seering whiteness everytime I enter a building. I'm playing docked. It's literally blinding me to the point where I'm closing my eyes whenever I enter a building. The whiteness fades after a few frames. I thought it had to do with me playing at night on the first occasion, but after having played during daytime (irl) the issue still remains.

Does anybody have this same problem and is it something that I can fix?

Does anybody have an answer for my earlier question? It actually physically hurts my eyes to play this game. I'm not hating I just want to know if this is a settings issue.

I'm not seeing this in playthroughs of others, so I don't know what's going on with my copy. :(

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
I am not 100% clear on this one yet, but it seems like a maximum yield will require you water the plants at each stage of development. This seems to vary between species though, as the Razz family (Razz, Bluk, Nanab, Pinap, Wepear) seems to give very high yields of 8 to 9 berries, but I'm not sure if that's the maximum yield.
That's what I had always thought and tried. But even my latest growth attempt only yielded 2&3 berries from two tamato plants. I'm now trying watering multiple times each stage to see if that makes a difference.

Also, does anyone have a list of ideal EV training spots? The section on the main site is out of date.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Does anyone have a spare Minun they could let me have please? It’s my signature Pokemon and I want to use it before E4

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
A lot of good learnset moves are unavailable in this game because of movesets changing over the years. Probably too many to count.
Hopefully Sylveon and many Gen 6 and others can be transferred over. It's weird not to include Sylveon in this game since it has Fairies but i see no logical reasons not to evolve it by Eevee knowing Baby Doll Eyes and simply raising happiness and giving it a few poffins.

I have a new question, does anyone know where Ditto can be found ? I need to breed more Eevees for my pokedex. Already have a Flareon.
Ditto can be found via PokéRadar on Route 218. (This is the Route betwen Jubilife City and Canalave City.)

Does anybody have an answer for my earlier question? It actually physically hurts my eyes to play this game. I'm not hating I just want to know if this is a settings issue.

I'm not seeing this in playthroughs of others, so I don't know what's going on with my copy. :(
It doesn't occur watching other people play? If so, your best bet, I would say, is to turn down the brightness on whichever device you use, whether that be the Switch screen, a TV, or something else.

That's what I had always thought and tried. But even my latest growth attempt only yielded 2&3 berries from two tamato plants. I'm now trying watering multiple times each stage to see if that makes a difference.

Also, does anyone have a list of ideal EV training spots? The section on the main site is out of date.
The Poké Radar is your best way to do so, since it allows you to find the same Pokémon over and over. Of course, you'll have to get that Pokémon in a chain to start it.

With that in mind, these are the Pokémon I find easiest to search for and chain with the PokéRadar. These are the locations with the highest odds of finding particular Pokémon, or if there's a tie, the earliest point you can find them so they'd be the lowest-leveled:
HP: Shellos at Valley Windworks (1 point) or Gastrodon at Route 222 (2 points)
Attack: Shinx at Route 202 (1 point) or Machoke at Route 216 (2 points)
Defense: Geogude at Route 207 (1 point) or Pelipper at Route 224 (2 points)
Sp. Attack: Psyduck at Route 208 (1 point) or Kadabra at Route 215 (2 points)
Sp. Defense: Tentacool at Route 203 (1 point) or Tentacruel at Route 223 (2 points)*
Speed: Buizel at Valley Windworks (1 point) or Floatzel at Route 218 (2 points)

* They're in the water so you can't chain them with the PokéRadar, but they're very common encounters so it shouldn't take that much longer

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Does anyone have a spare Minun they could let me have please? It’s my signature Pokemon and I want to use it before E4
Currently, nobody legally has a Minun, Plusle, or Castform since they are not random appearance in the Trophy Garden but go in Pokedex order. It will still be a few days before it is available.

Trophy Garden information

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Currently, nobody legally has a Minun, Plusle, or Castform since they are not random appearance in the Trophy Garden but go in Pokedex order. It will still be a few days before it is available.

Trophy Garden information
Oh right, that’s quite cool, thanks for the info! I’ll go ahead with out it then and maybe do a rerun at a later date!
Many thanks

nel3

Crimson Dragon
need pokeradar help here, need to get HA oddish and a trapinch. can you see the pokemon you will encounter like ORAS or its gonna be a mix of options that you cant see? i dont really care about shiny rates, just really want a HA oddish.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
need pokeradar help here, need to get HA oddish and a trapinch. can you see the pokemon you will encounter like ORAS or its gonna be a mix of options that you cant see? i dont really care about shiny rates, just really want a HA oddish.

You will only see the grass shake but not what is in it until you start the encounter. I do believe the grass shakes different for pokemon with a Hidden Ability though.

I haven't gotten the radar yet, but I've seen people mention the different shake, so it could be wrong.

EDIT:

I actually have a question. Do we know if Synchronize works on Mesprit and Cresselia? In DPPt, Synchronize did not work on the roamers. In SwSh, Synchronize was 100% but did not work on stationary pokemon. In BDSP, we know synchronize is 100% and work on stationary, but I have not seen anyone comment about the two roamers. Does anyone know?

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
You will only see the grass shake but not what is in it until you start the encounter. I do believe the grass shakes different for pokemon with a Hidden Ability though.

I haven't gotten the radar yet, but I've seen people mention the different shake, so it could be wrong.

EDIT:

I actually have a question. Do we know if Synchronize works on Mesprit and Cresselia? In DPPt, Synchronize did not work on the roamers. In SwSh, Synchronize was 100% but did not work on stationary pokemon. In BDSP, we know synchronize is 100% and work on stationary, but I have no seen anyone comment about the two roamers. Does anyone know?
thanks, so its not as clear as ORAS. did find a Vibrava, 3 actually but it looks like oddish line doesnt have pokeradar...

Sgiese7

Need some help finding Pokémon please. I’m playing Shining Pearl and cannot for the life of me find either Makuhita/Hariyama or Torkoal. Does anyone know if they are exclusive to Brilliant Diamond? Or can someone with Shining Pearl confirm they found either? I do have national dex and have looked underground and on their routes 225 and 227 respectively.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
im all confused on how to start a chain on poke radar. you need 50 steps to restart the search but do you always have to use the app to find the next patch? sometimes it stays shaking after 1 battle and others it just is calm right after... trying for HA froslass.

Sgiese7

im all confused on how to start a chain on poke radar. you need 50 steps to restart the search but do you always have to use the app to find the next patch? sometimes it stays shaking after 1 battle and others it just is calm right after... trying for HA froslass.
I’m pretty sure (could be wrong), but if you go to the spots that were shaking previously it should continue the chain.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I’m pretty sure (could be wrong), but if you go to the spots that were shaking previously it should continue the chain.
that part i see but its not like i keep getting the same pokemon. each spot has different chance for the one you find. try to find vibrava then it get interupted with cacturn or dugtrio ughh...

Sgiese7

that part i see but its not like i keep getting the same pokemon. each spot has different chance for the one you find. try to find vibrava then it get interupted with cacturn or dugtrio ughh...
Hey so found a great video (I was wrong) which explains everything:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Need some help finding Pokémon please. I’m playing Shining Pearl and cannot for the life of me find either Makuhita/Hariyama or Torkoal. Does anyone know if they are exclusive to Brilliant Diamond? Or can someone with Shining Pearl confirm they found either? I do have national dex and have looked underground and on their routes 225 and 227 respectively.
Makuhita can be found on Route 225 during a swarm. Torkoal can be found using the Poké Radar on Route 227 or at Stark Mountain.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Hey so found a great video (I was wrong) which explains everything:
i saw that one, having a hard time getting a chain of the same pokemon. cant get past the single digits of one certain pokemon so i break the chain and try again to get the targeted one. not sure if what im doing is the proper method or not but im still to used to ORAS methods of ignoring unwanted encounters and only fighting the targeted pokemon. the blind results of the BDSP encounters/method are what are tripping me up. if i get "interrupted" by unwanted encounter i try again to find the wanted one. the vids say to start chains but they dont say that you might get unwanted results/encounters along the way.

Sgiese7

i saw that one, having a hard time getting a chain of the same pokemon. cant get past the single digits of one certain pokemon so i break the chain and try again to get the targeted one. not sure if what im doing is the proper method or not but im still to used to ORAS methods of ignoring unwanted encounters and only fighting the targeted pokemon. the blind results of the BDSP encounters/method are what are tripping me up. if i get "interrupted" by unwanted encounter i try again to find the wanted one. the vids say to start chains but they dont say that you might get unwanted results/encounters along the way.
Are you using repel to stop those encounters?