• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
This thread is for any QUESTIONS & ANSWERS regarding the game.
Your questions may not be answered immediately, so please be patient until someone answers.

We highly suggest that you look through these dedicated sections first to help find answers.
Please do not spam your questions. All forum rules apply.

Last edited:

masterbreeder42

Beast Ball-catching Legend Wiz
Can you trade directly between BDSP and SwSh (as long as both Pokemon being traded are in both games)? I only ask because I haven't gotten the games quite yet, and would like to breed a few useful Pokemon to send over.

Kaddy2009

When can you get the Mystery Gift and the quick balls? I played for a little bit, but I haven't figured out how to get them.

J. D. Guy

Pardon me, please, if this question is too esoteric.

Are the hidden items throughout the world of Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl the same as the were in the Diamond/Pearl (and/or Platinum)? For example, would I be able to follow along with an old guide detailing the locations of Pearl's hidden items for Shining Pearl?

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Can you trade directly between BDSP and SwSh (as long as both Pokemon being traded are in both games)? I only ask because I haven't gotten the games quite yet, and would like to breed a few useful Pokemon to send over.

No you can't. You can transfer through Pokemon HOME, but it won't update for BD/SP until next year.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Are the Johto starters in the Grand Underground? (And if so, are these the first games in which you can catch starters in the wild?)

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Are the Johto starters in the Grand Underground? (And if so, are these the first games in which you can catch starters in the wild?)
Yes, the Johto starters can appear in the Grand Underground after you obtain the National Dex. XY however are the first games where starters can appear in the wild via the Friend Safari.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Well I don't know much
So don't laugh if I'm doing a wrong questions
My question is to wulava , Can we catch Arceus or where to find Arceus in the game?
While Arceus and its event may be in the game, we don't know when or if they will make it available to begin with.

paddylad

paddymon
Is it possible to trade over a post-national dex Pokémon like Eevee before you’ve completed it? I.e. could a friend trade me one while I’m still early in the game? I want to get a Glaceon asap

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Has anyone found if a Razor Fang is available before E4?

treatyofversigh

When can you get the Mystery Gift and the quick balls? I played for a little bit, but I haven't figured out how to get them.
It’s been ten hours so you might’ve figured it out, but it’s either around the third gym or after the first gym. If it’s after the first gym, you have to fight the Galactic guys as you’re leaving Jubilife, then go to the TV station (which was blocked off before you fought them), go to the… 3rd floor, I believe, talk to the guy asking about what programs you like, and tell him “everybody happy wifi connection” (or whichever is closest to that, can’t remember the exact phrasing). Otherwise you gotta wait until around the third gym, but I can’t remember exactly when.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Regarding the Pokémon Magneton, do you have to level it up in Mt. Coronet, or can you still use a Thunder Stone on it in order to get Magnezone?
Yes, any evolution methods retconned for Pokémon Sword and Shield will work for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl as long as the form it evolves into is available in the game.

janneilz

1. Can you get more than one shiny stone before e4?
2. Can you farm Evo stones in the underground?
3. Is magmarizer a wild held item of magby?

Thanks

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
How exactly do you get Gligar in the Grand Underground (Pre-National Dex)? I saw its locations on the main site, but does it spawn more often if you have more Ground & Flying statues in your Secret Base?

kv97

How exactly do you get Gligar in the Grand Underground (Pre-National Dex)? I saw its locations on the main site, but does it spawn more often if you have more Ground & Flying statues in your Secret Base?
I found it in Rocky cave while having ground type statues. If its not in the room just leave and come back until it spawns.