• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Torpoleon

Is Gible only available after getting Strength?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
So the old man that gave you the explorer kit will give you a drill after doing a task he gave you. Once you get it you hug any wall and just press A on it. To get more drills there will be npcs underground who sell more.
All right, thanks. The vendors underground are hard to come by...I've only found one, who was standing right near when I first went udnerground and met Roark.

Hey you all :)

I've encountered a problem on my copy of BDSP...
About 24 hours ago I spread some honey on trees and planted and watered some berries. Still nothing has happened.
Berries are not growing, trees are not shaking. But also the honey is not gone, so I didn't miss the time frame.

I don't know what to do. Has anyone encountered problems like that?

I think I reset the date and time at some point yesterday because I remembered I was hunting on SwSh a few days ago and needed specific weather. Did that maybe crash the honey tree process?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
A general convention with Pokémon games is that any resetting of the system clock will reset all time-activated things back to as if you had just begun. Sword and Shield are the only exceptions that I know.

Does anyone know if Happiness functions the same as in Sword & Shield, or if it's the same as Diamond & Pearl?

It's taking an awful while for my Budew to evolve, and I don't remember it taking this long in the past.
It seems to be the same as pre-Sword/Shield values. That is, in Sword and Shield, you only need to bring the happiness value up to 170 to evolve a Pokémon via happiness (such as Budew, Buneary, Chansey, etc.), but Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl set it back to 220, the way it was from Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and earlier.

Yes.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Hey you all :)

I've encountered a problem on my copy of BDSP...
About 24 hours ago I spread some honey on trees and planted and watered some berries. Still nothing has happened.
Berries are not growing, trees are not shaking. But also the honey is not gone, so I didn't miss the time frame.

I don't know what to do. Has anyone encountered problems like that?

I think I reset the date and time at some point yesterday because I remembered I was hunting on SwSh a few days ago and needed specific weather. Did that maybe crash the honey tree process?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
I heard somewhere that changing your Switch’s clock freezes time based events like the Honey/Berry Trees for 24 hours so that’s most likely it.
Does anyone know if Happiness functions the same as in Sword & Shield, or if it's the same as Diamond & Pearl?

It's taking an awful while for my Budew to evolve, and I don't remember it taking this long in the past.
It works like Sword and Shield since affection (what gives you those extra effects like a Pokémon surviving a hit or getting rid of its own status condition) is tied to friendship.
Yes

NeoDude-5000

Help for a disillusioned team builder. Can I get Eevee in the main story in the Trophy Garden or is it post-game?

Seriously why did they not use the Platinum Sinnoh Dex when its obviously better?

Ignition

Help for a disillusioned team builder. Can I get Eevee in the main story in the Trophy Garden or is it post-game?

Seriously why did they not use the Platinum Sinnoh Dex when its obviously better?
It’s post game unfortunately

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Hey all, I have a couple of questions. Is Return a TM now? I’ve been wanting it for my Staravia but it wasn’t in the Lost Tower like I thought it was.

Where do you get the Soothe Bell? I thought you got it from Cheryl after getting out of the forrest but I don’t think I got it from her.

Ignition

Hey all, I have a couple of questions. Is Return a TM now? I’ve been wanting it for my Staravia but it wasn’t in the Lost Tower like I thought it was.

Where do you get the Soothe Bell? I thought you got it from Cheryl after getting out of the forrest but I don’t think I got it from her.
Return doesn’t exist as a TM. It was replaced with Low Sweep. The Soothe Bell is in the Pokémon Mansion.

Namifox

Ok I want to get Spiritomb, and all guides say to interact with players or NPCs in the underground. How exactly do you interact with other players in the underground?

Ok for anyone who wants to know the answer to this, Austin John answered in this video:

But basically, you cannot interact with other players only NPCs. They have to be named NPCs and not the hikers that let you rest or exchange things.
So they have to be the named ones and you will have to talk to 32 DIFFERENT named NPCs, so it might be good to keep a log of who you talked to.
Apparently it may be possible to get spiritomb after 2 badges but it will be difficult with NPC spawn rates.
Watch his video for more in depth.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Does anyone know if the touch screen works when making Poffins? I tried it but it doesn't respond.

I'd REALLY rather not use the control stick. Joy-Con drift and all, you see...

nel3

Crimson Dragon
probably been asked already, where are the EV lowering berries? also where is the Trapinch line found?

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
probably been asked already, where are the EV lowering berries? also where is the Trapinch line found?
They can potentially be obtained from the Berry Master on Route 208. For non-random ways to obtain them (assuming it is same as DP)

Pomeg: Route 214
Kelpsy: Fuego Ironworks
Qualot: Route 222
Hondew: Route 221
Grepa: Route 211
Tamato: Route 212

Trapinch and Vibrava can be in the Grand Underground after obtaining the National Dex or Route 228 with the Poke Radar.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
They can potentially be obtained from the Berry Master on Route 208. For non-random ways to obtain them (assuming it is same as DP)

Pomeg: Route 214
Kelpsy: Fuego Ironworks
Qualot: Route 222
Hondew: Route 221
Grepa: Route 211
Tamato: Route 212

Trapinch and Vibrava can be in the Grand Underground after obtaining the National Dex or Route 228 with the Poke Radar.
thank you for the reply, looks like route 228 may be my best chance to get it the earliest possible. thank you for the locations for the berries, i need them for gligar which got a few random EVs...

i guess i just need the togepi in the dazzling cave then go and get a few gym badges.

Last edited:

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I’ve been mining in the underground for ages and haven’t found a single fossil. Is there anything i can do to increase the likelihood of a fossil appearing? Or are they just super rare?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Finally got to Veilstone City and the Metronome Shop where you can unlock clothes but so far only one style is completely hat-free/headgear which is the pikachu hoodie. Do other stores have styles that have no hats?

I really wish they had implemented a option to remove hats from current styles you wear

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Yes not quite early on since they seem to have lowered the ammount given from trainers before the exp share divides it.
But the game does not have the ridiculously broken EXP Candies. Those things were powerful.

Technomage

Yes not quite early on since they seem to have lowered the ammount given from trainers before the exp share divides it.
But the game does not have the ridiculously broken EXP Candies. Those things were powerful.
True, but at least the EXP Candies are never forced.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Those exp candies were fun.

I got a Froslass statue in treasures, made a first base to test it out. How do I use that statue to get Froslass when you didn't take the time to stomp 3rd gym? If I can get it early to use in gyms then I will try it.

Last edited: