• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Having not grown berries for a very long time... I have a question regarding watering. I'm sure I only used to water them once per stage to get maximum yields. With the absence of mulch, should I water them more often to get higher yields? My first attempt gave up 3 berries per plot and 2 on ones where I missed watering the final stage, both out of a maximum of 5

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Its Friday in the afternoon and I beat TG in the building a week ago.
So why I dont see Drifloon there?

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Its Friday in the afternoon and I beat TG in the building a week ago.
So why I dont see Drifloon there?
Unless you already beat Team Galactic in Eterna City or at the Galactic Warehouse in Veilstone City, leave the area where it spawns, come back and then it should be there. It respawns outside of the Valley Windworks every Friday.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I tried.
But It doesn't appear=[
I just caught one. I already played all week so i knew about this how tedious it is. But i don't use a switch subscription since i only needed it for SWSH raids. I can trade my spare one in pokemon home mobile app.

I'm still leveling up against Elite 4 to defeat them for the 1st time........... so i stll cant get Eevee yet or any Starters in the Underground areas. Would be easier if we didn't have to wait till february next year for Home Compatibility

Last edited:

Technomage

I just caught one. I already played all week so i knew about this how tedious it is. But i don't use a switch subscription since i only needed it for SWSH raids. I can trade my spare one in pokemon home mobile app.

I'm still leveling up against Elite 4 to defeat them for the 1st time........... so i stll cant get Eevee yet or any Starters in the Underground areas. Would be easier if we didn't have to wait till february next year for Home Compatibility
Is there any reason, besides to coincide with Legends Arceus compatibility, that we have to wait until next year for BDSP to connect to Home?

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
What are the best ways to raise friendship? I managed to catch a level 26 Togepi in the Grand Underground, and I'd rather not be stuck with an unevolved Togepi for most of the game while its Friendship level goes up naturally through level ups.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Got 7 badges and about to deal with Dialga when I get back home. Can you get psyshock on Gardevoir? Psychic is good but rather have the other move. By the time HOME update arrives I will be in post game and I can transfer my spare cooperatives to this game. Might psyshock be a transfer move?

jjasso510

Help please I've been trying to get an electrizer for hours used a bunch of different methods even tried thief with super luck and no dice is it the only possible post-game???

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
What are the best ways to raise friendship? I managed to catch a level 26 Togepi in the Grand Underground, and I'd rather not be stuck with an unevolved Togepi for most of the game while its Friendship level goes up naturally through level ups.
If you have the Soothe Bell, attach that as a hold item. Walking with the pokemon outside of the pokeball grants friendship faster too. Additionally, there is the daily massage in Veilstone that increases friendship. Lastly, giving your pokemon the EV reducing berries improves friendship.
Help please I've been trying to get an electrizer for hours used a bunch of different methods even tried thief with super luck and no dice is it the only possible post-game???
Until post-game, the only known way to get the evolution items for Electabuzz and Magmar is the 5% hold chance on the wild encounters. Might be worth your while to ask around on a trading board if someone would spare one.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Hi! I've played BrilliantDiamond a few hours today (after my initial hour a few days back).

What I've noticed is a seering whiteness everytime I enter a building. I'm playing docked. It's literally blinding me to the point where I'm closing my eyes whenever I enter a building. The whiteness fades after a few frames. I thought it had to do with me playing at night on the first occasion, but after having played during daytime (irl) the issue still remains.

Does anybody have this same problem and is it something that I can fix?

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

I don't know if this was asked before, but according to serebii, it says when you defeat the elite four and the champion, you can fight them again, and their pokemon will be stronger. But I am fighting them again, but they are still the same levels for me. Is there something else I am supposed to do?

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I don't know if this was asked before, but according to serebii, it says when you defeat the elite four and the champion, you can fight them again, and their pokemon will be stronger. But I am fighting them again, but they are still the same levels for me. Is there something else I am supposed to do?
You have to get the national dex added onto your Sinnoh dex. Also, you need Heatran to rematch the E4 with better teams, I’m pretty sure.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

Another question. So I got the Egg from Riley. Riolu is the only pokemon I need left to complete the Sinnoh Dex. Is it like the older games that you have to have it on your second slot, and does walking around in the underground work?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Another question. So I got the Egg from Riley. Riolu is the only pokemon I need left to complete the Sinnoh Dex. Is it like the older games that you have to have it on your second slot, and does walking around in the underground work?
Mine hatched when I was underground. Believe it was 5th spot , so I don't think which slot matters.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
No one yet have any idea on obtaining Hidden Abilities? The one I'm after specifically is Rough Skin Gible/Gabite/Garchomp for use at the Battle Tower, but they can only be found in caves so they can't be PokéRadar'ed, and I don't want to grind 20 BP for an Ability Patch.

Having not grown berries for a very long time... I have a question regarding watering. I'm sure I only used to water them once per stage to get maximum yields. With the absence of mulch, should I water them more often to get higher yields? My first attempt gave up 3 berries per plot and 2 on ones where I missed watering the final stage, both out of a maximum of 5
I am not 100% clear on this one yet, but it seems like a maximum yield will require you water the plants at each stage of development. This seems to vary between species though, as the Razz family (Razz, Bluk, Nanab, Pinap, Wepear) seems to give very high yields of 8 to 9 berries, but I'm not sure if that's the maximum yield.

Is there any reason, besides to coincide with Legends Arceus compatibility, that we have to wait until next year for BDSP to connect to Home?
As Sword and Shield needed some time too, I think it's a matter of the development schedule. My guess in this case is that since ILCA does both games, they needed to focus on getting Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl out the door as a higher priority, then they could focus on ensuring Pokémon HOME compatibility is as smooth as possible.

In addition to the methods listed above, simply walking around can work. I got my Budew to evolve after going up and down the Cycling Road, for instance.

Got 7 badges and about to deal with Dialga when I get back home. Can you get psyshock on Gardevoir? Psychic is good but rather have the other move. By the time HOME update arrives I will be in post game and I can transfer my spare cooperatives to this game. Might psyshock be a transfer move?
No, there isn't a way to give Gardevoir Psyshock to my knowledge in this game. its TM list is a lot more limited...which sounds weird nowadays considering there are 100 TMs in this game, but Sword and Shield have a combined 200 moves between TMs and TRs and I feel spoiled.

Having the egg in any slot will do. As for if it can hatch in the Grand Underground, I haven't tried it yet, but I have hatched Eggs in Sinnoh Underground in the original games before, so I assume it can be done here too.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
No, there isn't a way to give Gardevoir Psyshock to my knowledge in this game. its TM list is a lot more limited...which sounds weird nowadays considering there are 100 TMs in this game, but Sword and Shield have a combined 200 moves between TMs and TRs and I feel spoiled.
thanks, i hope that it will be allowed when the Home update is done. hitting all on SDF side isant as great as 3 SDF hits and 1 DF hits.

How do you activate both Barry and Dawn's higher level rematches? I beat the toughest E4 and Cynthia rematch, but the former two are still at their base post-game levels.

I've caught every legendary. I haven't completed either Pokedex. I beat Palmer in the regular Singles line in the Battle Tower, but haven't gone beyond that.

Last edited: