• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Cynthia kicked my butt twice

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
So, I'm Shiny hunting my starter at the moment, and a thought just occurred to me: What would the odds be of getting BOTH the uncatchable Shiny Starly AND my Shiny Chimchar at the EXACT same time?! Please, please, PLEASE; can someone answer this?!

Also, sorry if I've got this in the wrong area...

As the odds of either one being shiny in BDSP with no other modifiers are 1/4096, the odds of them both rolling shininess simultaneously are 1/(4096^2) or 1/16,777,216.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Has anyone figured out where the Razor Fang can be found since Battle Frontier isn't in these remakes?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Has anyone figured out where the Razor Fang can be found since Battle Frontier isn't in these remakes?
go to the battle frontier replacement, north east corner and the first left turn to a road as you get to battle facility. there will be some hedge mazes infront of that building. travel the maze until the bottom left corner. you can also get it for 6bp if you need another.

Kingudora

My favourite
Has anyone here gotten an alternate battle intro (that indicates that the pokémon has at least two perfect IVs) with Honey Tree encounters? I have soft resetted well over 150 times for a Burmy, but none of them have had the alternate battle intro.

Am I just unlucky? Or is not possible for Honey Tree encounters to have the alternate intro. Note: the Burmy has been different every time, so it is not a case of encountering the same pokémon each time (which can happen with the pokémon in the grand underground).

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
go to the battle frontier replacement, north east corner and the first left turn to a road as you get to battle facility. there will be some hedge mazes in front of that building. travel the maze until the bottom left corner. you can also get it for 6bp if you need another.
I found the one outside the tower. I have Gliscor now He has Night Slash, Earthquake and Swords Dance.
I don't know his original 4th move but i gave him Poison Jab instead.

Gliscor lvl 64 Nature Bashful, no stats lowered or boosted and he has 5 IV's This thing is great :)
Ability:
Hyper Cutter
HP 187
ATK 144
DEF 184
SP. DEF 114
SP. ATK 81
SPD 129

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
In the Grand Underground, how common are places you can dig for items? Do you have to do anything for them to spawn? I've been running around the tunnels for a while and haven't found a single one of the glowing yellow spots you can interact with to start the digging mini-game. Also, how exactly do you get your Pokemon to follow you in the overworld? At what point in the game does it unlock, and what do you have to do? All tutorials mention is that there's an option on the same bar as check summary and stats that allows you to take the Pokemon out of its Poke Ball and have it follow you, but that option is just not there when I check.
It's actually getting a bit frustrating playing this game with no strategy guide, I've watched multiple YouTube tutorials and read the articles on Serebii and Bulbapedia several times, and I still have no idea what I'm doing, where to go, what order to do things or how anything works.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
In the Grand Underground, how common are places you can dig for items? Do you have to do anything for them to spawn? I've been running around the tunnels for a while and haven't found a single one of the glowing yellow spots you can interact with to start the digging mini-game. Also, how exactly do you get your Pokemon to follow you in the overworld? At what point in the game does it unlock, and what do you have to do? All tutorials mention is that there's an option on the same bar as check summary and stats that allows you to take the Pokemon out of its Poke Ball and have it follow you, but that option is just not there when I check.
It's actually getting a bit frustrating playing this game with no strategy guide, I've watched multiple YouTube tutorials and read the articles on Serebii and Bulbapedia several times, and I still have no idea what I'm doing, where to go, what order to do things or how anything works.
If this was your first visit to the Grand Underground you may have to chat with the guy that gives you the Explorer Kit to get the digging mission. Otherwise they seem fairly common for me.

As for Pokemon following you, it is unlocked once you arrive at Hearthome City. Once you visit Amity Square at least once (actually exploring it, your starter is one of the qualifying Pokemon) the option becomes avaliable.

Luthor

What process is needed to rematch gym leaders? Do you just go enter it and face them? I figure you can only face them once a day at the very least.

If you have the national Pokedex you'll be able to battle them. It is once a day.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I have gotten at least 20 thunder and fire stones each, all the Mysterious Shards for all the legendaries, but have not spotted a single water, moon, dawn and dusk stone. Do I need to enter from a certain area to find these stones?
A team of Pickup Pachirisu can net you a decent amount of Dawn, Dusk, and Shiny stones. I had 5 of them for a bit while I was grinding, and my bag has 10 Dusk Stones, 4 Dawn Stones, and 7 Shiny Stones.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Has anyone here gotten an alternate battle intro (that indicates that the pokémon has at least two perfect IVs)
Wait, you mean that transition at the beginning of a wild match where it zooms in on the trainer?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
If you have the national Pokedex you'll be able to battle them. It is once a day.

Still sucks you need to do the gym puzzles to get to them all... I can easily get to 5 of them without going crazy. I tried diagonal clipping for the ice gym but didn't once get that good angle. I wonder what the patch did to fix center softlock, it supposedly dealt with that among others issues.

I like that they still pose a challenge when your team is mid 80s level. They give good EXP and a great way to level up to try rematch Cynthia. Then again I haven't IV bred them for perfect stats but home update will fix that. Rebuilding all that back takes too long in new game when you got gen6-7 resources to speed up process.

I found the one outside the tower. I have Gliscor now He has Night Slash, Earthquake and Swords Dance.
I don't know his original 4th move but i gave him Poison Jab instead.

Gliscor lvl 64 Nature Bashful, no stats lowered or boosted and he has 5 IV's This thing is great :)
Ability:
Hyper Cutter
HP 187
ATK 144
DEF 184
SP. DEF 114
SP. ATK 81
SPD 129

I haven't trained mind but I think mine will be EQ SD ice fang and forgot other move I put on gen ha variant. Dont have h7per cutter on it but have jolly nature so send veil can be bred away. I got 8 main team members, 5 on team at all times and the last 2 or3 need a bit of work to be viable. I don't think I will breed them for perfect IV here as I can easily transfer perfect IV and HA when home update happens. Chaining is a but annoying and not all can be chained for HA post game...

Last edited:

Martinat388

He did the thing!
I haven't EV trained before, so I need to know: if a stat shows stars next to it, the EVs in that stat are maxed out, correct? I'd like to know for if I have to spend extra time grinding Ponytas for Feraligatr. It's speed looks maxed out, but I just want to confirm.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I haven't EV trained before, so I need to know: if a stat shows stars next to it, the EVs in that stat are maxed out, correct? I'd like to know for if I have to spend extra time grinding Ponytas for Feraligatr. It's speed looks maxed out, but I just want to confirm.
Yes. And if the graph turns blue that means it can't get anymore EVs, unless you reduce it with berries.

Technomage

I have a question about getting a Pokemon's contest stat to max value: Assuming that all the Poffins a Pokemon eats raise the same stat by the same magnitude (and the Pokemon were to eat the max number of Poffins it'd be allowed to eat), what's the minimum level each Poffin has to be to raise a stat to max value?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I have a question about getting a Pokemon's contest stat to max value: Assuming that all the Poffins a Pokemon eats raise the same stat by the same magnitude (and the Pokemon were to eat the max number of Poffins it'd be allowed to eat), what's the minimum level each Poffin has to be to raise a stat to max value?
Following this question, can poffins help to Ev train instead of killing wild Pokemon?