• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

ForgottenFenneki

Lost in a snowy city...
Is there anywhere in this game you can change your pokemons gender? Like perhaps a gender rater or the footprint man or something? my combee that I trained to level 100 will not evolve. Any my big brother said he would train it for me to help me evolve it but he accidentally sat on the Switch and saved because he wanted to go outside.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Yes but the problem is getting 1 Pokemon with Modest nature to begin with. I have a 6 IV Ditto but its with another nature =[
Here's what I'd recommend if you don't want to grind in the Battle Tower for a Modest Mint:
1. Breed Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade or Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam and keep every Pokémon you hatch whose nature is Synchronize. Do not use Everstones. Keep doing this until you get one with a Modest Nature. This may take some time. Catching them from the wild works too.
2. Bring that Modest Pokémon with Synchronize into the Grand Underground from Celestic Town as your first Pokémon, then enter Stargleam Cavern. Once you enter, switch over to another Pokémon that can fight the wild Pokémon there.
3. If you find a Ditto, catch it. If you don't, leave Stargleam Cavern, switch back to the Synchronize Pokémon, then re-enter Stargleam Cavern to reset the Pokémon there. Ditto is a fairly rare spawn, even when boosting the odds of Normal-types with statues in the Secret Base.

You will now have a Ditto with a Nature of Modest. You can, of course, do this with any Nature.

Or, if this is too much trouble for you, I have an extra Ditto with a Modest Nature in my Shining Pearl game. I can trade it to you if you'd like.

Is there anywhere in this game you can change your pokemons gender? Like perhaps a gender rater or the footprint man or something? my combee that I trained to level 100 will not evolve. Any my big brother said he would train it for me to help me evolve it but he accidentally sat on the Switch and saved because he wanted to go outside.
No, there are no mechanics in the game to change a Pokémon's gender. A male Combee will not evolve.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Here's what I'd recommend if you don't want to grind in the Battle Tower for a Modest Mint:
1. Breed Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade or Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam and keep every Pokémon you hatch whose nature is Synchronize. Do not use Everstones. Keep doing this until you get one with a Modest Nature. This may take some time. Catching them from the wild works too.
2. Bring that Modest Pokémon with Synchronize into the Grand Underground from Celestic Town as your first Pokémon, then enter Stargleam Cavern. Once you enter, switch over to another Pokémon that can fight the wild Pokémon there.
3. If you find a Ditto, catch it. If you don't, leave Stargleam Cavern, switch back to the Synchronize Pokémon, then re-enter Stargleam Cavern to reset the Pokémon there. Ditto is a fairly rare spawn, even when boosting the odds of Normal-types with statues in the Secret Base.

You will now have a Ditto with a Nature of Modest. You can, of course, do this with any Nature.

Or, if this is too much trouble for you, I have an extra Ditto with a Modest Nature in my Shining Pearl game. I can trade it to you if you'd like.

No, there are no mechanics in the game to change a Pokémon's gender. A male Combee will not evolve.
Just look for a combee with a red mark on the forehead.

I've got a different problem. The Daily Lotto ID number for finding Feebas isn't working for me. There goes another one to my pokemon home box for waiting...This time a milotic from sword.

I don't plan on buying a new switch online subscription anytime soon. If only this game had online trade servers.

Last edited:

RPBaskett

Is there any way to get Dig again as a TM if you've already used the 1 that you can find in the game on the map?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Is there any way to get Dig again as a TM if you've already used the 1 that you can find in the game on the map?
Ruin Maniacs in the underground randomly sell TMs depending on the day. They change every day and 5 of them are available per day.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Ruin Maniacs in the underground randomly sell TMs depending on the day. They change every day and 5 of them are available per day.
Yeah, but not every ruin maniac sells the same TMs. It feels like each one sells their own group of TMs that changes every day.

EX- one near Eterna City sells TMs like Bullet Seed, Thunder Wave, & Shock Wave for small spheres, while one underneath Oreburgh City sells TMs like Brick Break, Roar, Aerial Ace, & Dragon Pulse for large spheres

RPBaskett

Ok, question about Tyrogue and EV training for Hitmonlee:

Q. If I have a breeded 6/6 IV Tyrogue at level 1 from Hitmonlee, and I level it up to 20 with Bibarel(attack EV) then it evolves into Hitmonlee, and from there I max out it's Attack and Speed stats using Protein and Carbos, does that mean that from level 20-100 it won't GAIN any new EVs and that actual stat numbers are only increasing based on the at that time EV levels (maxed attack and speed, others randomly assigned at the time of egg hatch)? So basically if I do the above so that it now has max EVS for Attack and Speed but then from level 20-100 at that point even if I go and use him to fight other random Pokémon, he's not actually gaining EVs from those fights in the wrong places, right? Sorry if this is confusing.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Ok, question about Tyrogue and EV training for Hitmonlee:

Q. If I have a breeded 6/6 IV Tyrogue at level 1 from Hitmonlee, and I level it up to 20 with Bibarel(attack EV) then it evolves into Hitmonlee, and from there I max out it's Attack and Speed stats using Protein and Carbos, does that mean that from level 20-100 it won't GAIN any new EVs and that actual stat numbers are only increasing based on the at that time EV levels (maxed attack and speed, others randomly assigned at the time of egg hatch)? So basically if I do the above so that it now has max EVS for Attack and Speed but then from level 20-100 at that point even if I go and use him to fight other random Pokémon, he's not actually gaining EVs from those fights in the wrong places, right? Sorry if this is confusing.
Provided it has earned the maximum 510 total points, with an individual stat receiving 252 then yes, it will not gain any points over this total.

RPBaskett

Hello, I am still trying to find Dig. I know it's in one place on the map that I've already found and either used or sold. Anyone know if there is a place where you can get Dig and Fly for that matter again? I have been looking all over the web and I can't seem to find any place to recover acquisition of these moves.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Hello, I am still trying to find Dig. I know it's in one place on the map that I've already found and either used or sold. Anyone know if there is a place where you can get Dig and Fly for that matter again? I have been looking all over the web and I can't seem to find any place to recover acquisition of these moves.
Fly is sold at the BP Exchange at the Battle Park or potentially offered by Small Sphere traders in the Underground after you have the Relic Badge. Dig appears to be once per save file however.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Can someone tell me the best plan to train Glaceon? Ev spread wise and also how to train it :(
I am new to it and its super complicated

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Can someone tell me the best plan to train Glaceon? Ev spread wise and also how to train it :(
I’d say Max HP & Def/SpD. Glaceon has a pretty mediocre movepool with only Ice Beam & Shadow Ball being stand out moves. You can run it as Wish Support

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Can you still feed pokémon poffins once their sheen’s maxed out, or is it like the original games and they won’t take anymore once the sheen’s full?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I’d say Max HP & Def/SpD. Glaceon has a pretty mediocre movepool with only Ice Beam & Shadow Ball being stand out moves. You can run it as Wish Support
Yeah with Ice types being frail, Glaceon is pretty much just another Rarely Used tier pokemon and completion. At least it's not as bad as a certain Delibird Ice pokemon. Present can accidentally heal enemies.

It's a shame since Glaceon has a rather nice design among the Eevee's. Let's hope Sylveon is allowed to be transferred into Sinnoh next year to pick up the slack.

RPBaskett

So, with Pokémon Home, if you put Pokémon in Pokémon Home and then start an entirely new game, are those Pokémon still recognized as yours? If you start a new game with your character having a different name do the Pokémon then change the 'Original Owner' stat to the new name?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
If you ask me, Glaceon is best suited for double battles with a high amount of synergy. In this circumstance, Glaceon excels as a hybrid role of attacker and support Pokémon. In my experiences, Glaceon is used almost solely by Japanese players, and the most common moveset is Icy Wind, Protect, Helping Hand, and Freeze-Dry/Ice Beam/Blizzard. Effort Values are 252 HP, 252 Sp. Attack, and an unknown amount in the remaining stats (it's hard to see from the hexagon chart); Nature is Modest or Bold; and the hold item is Bright Powder (if Snow Cloak) or Leftovers (if Ice Body).

Glaceon is most commonly paired with Lapras (for Aurora Veil support via G-Max Resonance), Weavile (very fast Pokémon who can set up Hail and activate Glaceon's Abilities using Max Hailstorm), or Abomasnow (Snow Warning instantly sets up Hail and, again, will activate Glaceon's Abilities). Snow Cloak is preferred over Ice Body. Most of the time, Glaceon and one of the above will show up right at the start of the battle, though sometimes only Glaceon's partner will be there at the start with another Pokémon, and Glaceon fills in later for when one of them is knocked out. Increasingly often recently, Arctozolt will show up late into the match, after Glaceon's Icy Winds have lowered the opposing Pokémon's Speed enough for Bolt Beak to deal extra damage by going ahead of its target.

Something to bear in mind is that Glaceon is strictly for advanced players, ones who already have a keen sense of Pokémon breeding and training as well as a grasp on Pokémon battling trends, and the same goes for teams like the ones I'm describing. A Glaceon-based team MUST remain in control of the match from start to finish, and it requires very good prediction skills, as they contain a lot of Ice-type Pokémon and so opponents will select Pokémon that can deal super-effective damage. You'll need to accurately figure out what they'll bring out during Team Preview and counter accordingly.

So, with Pokémon Home, if you put Pokémon in Pokémon Home and then start an entirely new game, are those Pokémon still recognized as yours? If you start a new game with your character having a different name do the Pokémon then change the 'Original Owner' stat to the new name?
I am not certain about this, but I'd advise not to risk it. Pokémon Bank considers different save files as different games, and accordingly, Pokémon brought over for storage from a prior save file can't be deposited into a later save file.

RPBaskett

If you ask me, Glaceon is best suited for double battles with a high amount of synergy. In this circumstance, Glaceon excels as a hybrid role of attacker and support Pokémon. In my experiences, Glaceon is used almost solely by Japanese players, and the most common moveset is Icy Wind, Protect, Helping Hand, and Freeze-Dry/Ice Beam/Blizzard. Effort Values are 252 HP, 252 Sp. Attack, and an unknown amount in the remaining stats (it's hard to see from the hexagon chart); Nature is Modest or Bold; and the hold item is Bright Powder (if Snow Cloak) or Leftovers (if Ice Body).

Glaceon is most commonly paired with Lapras (for Aurora Veil support via G-Max Resonance), Weavile (very fast Pokémon who can set up Hail and activate Glaceon's Abilities using Max Hailstorm), or Abomasnow (Snow Warning instantly sets up Hail and, again, will activate Glaceon's Abilities). Snow Cloak is preferred over Ice Body. Most of the time, Glaceon and one of the above will show up right at the start of the battle, though sometimes only Glaceon's partner will be there at the start with another Pokémon, and Glaceon fills in later for when one of them is knocked out. Increasingly often recently, Arctozolt will show up late into the match, after Glaceon's Icy Winds have lowered the opposing Pokémon's Speed enough for Bolt Beak to deal extra damage by going ahead of its target.

Something to bear in mind is that Glaceon is strictly for advanced players, ones who already have a keen sense of Pokémon breeding and training as well as a grasp on Pokémon battling trends, and the same goes for teams like the ones I'm describing. A Glaceon-based team MUST remain in control of the match from start to finish, and it requires very good prediction skills, as they contain a lot of Ice-type Pokémon and so opponents will select Pokémon that can deal super-effective damage. You'll need to accurately figure out what they'll bring out during Team Preview and counter accordingly.

I am not certain about this, but I'd advise not to risk it. Pokémon Bank considers different save files as different games, and accordingly, Pokémon brought over for storage from a prior save file can't be deposited into a later save file.
So does that then mean that it also isn't possible to connect two games to the same bank like Pokémon brilliant Diamond and Sword then for example? If Pokémon can't be moved across different games I don't understand what the point is.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
So does that then mean that it also isn't possible to connect two games to the same bank like Pokémon brilliant Diamond and Sword then for example? If Pokémon can't be moved across different games I don't understand what the point is.
Pokemon can be moved across different games. I use home to move pokemon between my sword and shield files all the time. In answer to your question though, those pokemon will be treated as traded if you restart the game they are originally from.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So I went to Ramnas Park to get the Griseous Orb. When I went to fight “Giratina”, the theme that plays when you fight Heatran, Regigigas, & Cresselia played instead of Giratina’s actual theme. From what I’ve read online, this should only be the case for the encounter in Turnback Cave. Am I missing something? My game is updated and I tried seeing if the DS Sounds impacted this but I got the same result either way.

RPBaskett

Ok, so, I'm trying to get Feebass to evolve into Milotic. I made a bunch of Dry poffins using just 1 Chesto berry and the were all level 10, but now its sheen is maxed out and I can no longer feed it poffins apparently. Does this mean that its beauty is then maxed out? I'm REALLY irritated right now! It took me FOREVER to get this 6/6 Feebass and now it's at half beauty but it's sheen is maxed so I can never feed it more poffins. It sure would have been nice if they said that anywhere.

Nevermind now I know everything I should have known about poffins before irreversibly screwing over my 6/6 Feebass...

Last edited: