• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Kingudora

My favourite
Hewwo owo. I just wanted to say that female Burmy do exist in Brilliant Diamond if anyone is looking for it. Ive tried to hatch a lot of eggs using a Burmy male + a Ditto and it did not work trying to get a lady Burmy, all eggs hatched to male Burmies. But after slathering honey and battling a Burmy for about 100 times or over (trying to find Heracross), a Burmy female appeared. Either I am extremely unlucky or female Burmy is just extremely rare in spearl, like it is some "gender/look-exclusive" pokemon for the game (´* w *`)

I wonder if doubleslathing honey on trees increases the chance for Heracross? I havent seen it.. its nonexistant xD Thx.
I would probably say that you were unlucky, when I've been softresetting Burmy encounters they have been roughly equal ♂️/♀️ ratio as far as I recall.

Heracross requires quite some busy work to find, since it has a low encounter chance (5%) in the rare encounter pool of honey trees.

If you've happened to encounter a Munchlax in a Honey Tree, then I'd recommend slathering that tree again, since trees that can have Munchlax in them are likelier to use the rare encounter pool (70% vs 20% in regular trees). However, there are only four trees that can spawn Munchlax, which are selected at random when you start BDSP for the first time.

More practically, I would recommend slathering as many honey trees as you can. Even if the chance of finding a Heracross is pretty low (1% for a regular tree, 3.5% on special trees), you're more likely to find at least one Heracross if more trees have been slathered. Think of it this way; you are more likely to get a six on a dice if you roll 5 die at once versus just rolling one dice over and over.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I know people were complaining about the Poffin making process. I have a Switch Lite. Is it as tedious in handheld mode as people say it is with Joy Cons?

Halkel

Experimentalist
I can't seem to find info on the time of day for this game. I've been having trouble finding Ledian for it's Hidden Ability and it said to be in the morning. I tend to wake up around 10am so am I waking up and completely missing Morning in this game? I know Gen 4 has a dedicated section for this to help indicate the lighting for an idea of time.

MayTrainer

Demon Buster Trainee
In XY/ORAS sometimes you need to use a move in battle to collect items... today I was in a battle (in the Underground) and there was a sparkling animation in the background

Screenshot-2021-11-29-at-14-23-52-seiryu6-on-Twitter.png

is there a guide of what I can find/how to get the items??
Or maybe that sparkling animation is something else?

(I have a video on Twitter but I don't know if I can add the link here)
so, the game has been out for a while now and... do we know what that strange sparkling is?
(Or that was a graphic bug/glitch?)

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I can't seem to find info on the time of day for this game. I've been having trouble finding Ledian for it's Hidden Ability and it said to be in the morning. I tend to wake up around 10am so am I waking up and completely missing Morning in this game? I know Gen 4 has a dedicated section for this to help indicate the lighting for an idea of time.
Morning in Gen 4 is from 4am to 9.59 am, sadly at 10am it is now considered to be daytime.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

@KingMinun I moved your original post over to the correct section. Please stop asking about it in this thread. Any posts relating to it will be considered to be spam and deleted. Thanks.

Ashiest

I manually changed the date on my switch to catch a drifloon and now lottery tickets don't reset each day. Instead it tells me I've already bought one day after day. Anyone else encountered this or know how to fix it?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
How long have you had it like this?
Generally, there are penalties for resetting the time, and IIRC, they usually end on Midnight the day after the time change.

HoagiethePokeBreeder

Poke’veteran
So I have a question as far as the Synchronize ability and the move Transform interact within the context of the grand underground. I was farming synchronize Pokémon in the grand underground so I could catch Dittos with competitively beneficial natures I.e Jolly, Timid. So I caught an Adamant Natu, switched it to the lead spot in my team, and decided to go after an adamant Ditto.
The ditto transformed into my Natu, then I switched out to my Floatzel, who has a Jolly nature, and upon catching Ditto, saw that it was Jolly instead of adamant. Does Ditto transforming into a synchronize Pokémon have any sort of effect on the potential nature of what you catch?
I tried replicating this but got Adamant like 10 times, so I gave up on my theory. I still feel like it was too much of a coincidence though! As far as I’ve seen, the synchronize Pokémon only affects Pokémon in the hideaway if in the lead spot upon entering, but maybe someone else has had a similar experience?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
So I have a question as far as the Synchronize ability and the move Transform interact within the context of the grand underground. I was farming synchronize Pokémon in the grand underground so I could catch Dittos with competitively beneficial natures I.e Jolly, Timid. So I caught an Adamant Natu, switched it to the lead spot in my team, and decided to go after an adamant Ditto.
The ditto transformed into my Natu, then I switched out to my Floatzel, who has a Jolly nature, and upon catching Ditto, saw that it was Jolly instead of adamant. Does Ditto transforming into a synchronize Pokémon have any sort of effect on the potential nature of what you catch?
I tried replicating this but got Adamant like 10 times, so I gave up on my theory. I still feel like it was too much of a coincidence though! As far as I’ve seen, the synchronize Pokémon only affects Pokémon in the hideaway if in the lead spot upon entering, but maybe someone else has had a similar experience?
No, if you entered the Pokemon Hideaway without your Synchronizer in the lead the Pokemon in the room will have a random nature. In your case, the Ditto happened to roll a Jolly nature.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Do we know if Super Luck's overworld effect still occurs in BDSP? Serebii says that "If the Pokémon is in the lead spot, chance of encountering a wild Pokémon holding an item increases" - I'd like to use a Murkrow to hunt for Electrizers on Elekid, but if it's not a thing in this game then I'll just do it the old fashioned way.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Has the Shiny Charm been patched to affect wild encounters as well as eggs? I really want shiny Dialga, but I’m not putting up with 1/4096 odds.

Sandy_Claws

Hey, I’ve skipped a few pokemons since X and Y, can anyone give me a short rundown on how trading works (if at all) with previous gens? Is there any way of getting, say, an alolan version of a pokemon in BDSP? Or what about non-regional forms but something like Popplio, Fennekin, Bounsweet, Fomantis, Hatenna, etc…? Does pokebank transfer still exist/work?

Thanks!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Hey, I’ve skipped a few pokemons since X and Y, can anyone give me a short rundown on how trading works (if at all) with previous gens? Is there any way of getting, say, an alolan version of a pokemon in BDSP? Or what about non-regional forms but something like Popplio, Fennekin, Bounsweet, Fomantis, Hatenna, etc…? Does pokebank transfer still exist/work?

Thanks!
Only the regular forms of Gens 1-4 will be available in BDSP.

Pokebank will transfer to Pokemon Home, but Home isn't compatible with BDSP yet.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart