• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
No, because BD/SP have been out for 2 months, while LGPE have been out for several years.
Makes sense lol
Didnt think of it

I liked BDSP alot

DKN117

Legend Tamer
When will the weird-talking guy in Oreburgh Museum start reviving fossils? In my Shining Pearl, I'm currently preparing to kick Galactic out of Valley Windworks (gave up on waiting for HOME compatibility, that's why I was putting SP off for so long), and I recently received a Skull Fossil as a held item in a trade. However, when I ran to Oreburgh and talked to the guy, he said "From Fossils I can extract Pokemon, but not yet, not yet."

How far along do I have to get in the game before I can get my Cranidos?

ShadowForce720

When will the weird-talking guy in Oreburgh Museum start reviving fossils? In my Shining Pearl, I'm currently preparing to kick Galactic out of Valley Windworks (gave up on waiting for HOME compatibility, that's why I was putting SP off for so long), and I recently received a Skull Fossil as a held item in a trade. However, when I ran to Oreburgh and talked to the guy, he said "From Fossils I can extract Pokemon, but not yet, not yet."

How far along do I have to get in the game before I can get my Cranidos?
You have to beat the 2nd Gym Leader first.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is there some sort of bug going on in PVP? I equipped my Porygon-Z with a Quick Claw so it’s guaranteed to use Trick Room first, but every time the Quick Claw activates my opponent still goes first

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Is there some sort of bug going on in PVP? I equipped my Porygon-Z with a Quick Claw so it’s guaranteed to use Trick Room first, but every time the Quick Claw activates my opponent still goes first
Trick Room has the lowest priority bracket of all moves, meaning its user will always act last when it uses it. Quick Claw activation allowing for the holder to act first only applies if both the holder and its opponent used moves that have the same priority bracket (presently only Trick Room in your case).

Last edited:

Torpoleon

When they say all main missions for Legends Arceus have to be completed, does that include completing the dex in Arceus? That is the only mission I haven't completed and yet I am having trouble getting the Azure Flute in SP.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
When they say all main missions for Legends Arceus have to be completed, does that include completing the dex in Arceus? That is the only mission I haven't completed and yet I am having trouble getting the Azure Flute in SP.
Yes, thankfully getting all the Pokemon’s Dex entries to Level 10 is not needed. Obtaining Mythical Pokemon (Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai and Shaymin) is not needed either.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Can you find Shiny Stones in the Grand Underground before the post-game? I've heard conflicting reports so I just want to double check before I commit to cycling around for hours with a bunch of level 11-19 Pachirisu with Pickup to get a second one.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Can you find Shiny Stones in the Grand Underground before the post-game? I've heard conflicting reports so I just want to double check before I commit to cycling around for hours with a bunch of level 11-19 Pachirisu with Pickup to get a second one.
No. The only way to get infinite Shiny Stones is with the Pickup ability. Hope you have a lot of Pachirisu on hand.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It could be nice having some news.. it always cheers me up.. :(
I wonder if Kalos will get love in this game...

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
No. The only way to get infinite Shiny Stones is with the Pickup ability. Hope you have a lot of Pachirisu on hand.
Thanks for answering! That's a real shame, I have 4 Pachirisu so might need to go grab 2 more... that's at least the easy item to get, I've got to spam Elekid's for Electrizers now and hope someone can trade me a Magmarizer + Protector for my Magmar / Rhydon!

Phil Rohan

So I've got to the part of the game (Brilliant Diamond) where I can catch Feebas, aka, the most unnecessarily tedious method of catching a pokémon Game Freak ever devised. However, I know you can sync the Feebas tiles by joining a group and mixing records. Would any budding Feebas hunters be able to help out with this?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So I've got to the part of the game (Brilliant Diamond) where I can catch Feebas, aka, the most unnecessarily tedious method of catching a pokémon Game Freak ever devised. However, I know you can sync the Feebas tiles by joining a group and mixing records. Would any budding Feebas hunters be able to help out with this?
You can actually find out Feebas titles from checking the lotto ID numbers in that Jubilife building. This is the method I used to determine Feebas.

Here is a link to the calculator:
https://lincoln-lm.github.io/JS-Finder/Tools/BDSPFeebas.html

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Haven't touched BDSP in a while so i thought i'd level up new teams. Is there any way to make the Elite 4 battles easier with alternative pokemon's after you've unlocked the other generation starters after defeating them for the first time?

These are most troublesome: Will Flint and Cynthia's Milotic (Wish i could outspeed it or remove it's fire orb)
My main goals are staying alive and not lose too many revives and full restores between fights

My current team i left behind last time traveling
Lucario lvl 58
Blaziken lvl 75
Flygon lvl 59
Gardevoir lvl 72
Garchomp lvl 66

In Boxes

Charizard lvl 63
Infernape lvl 88
Typhlosion lvl 70
Arcanine lvl 58 (Has Intimidate and play rough)

Magnezone lvl 59 (Has Sturdy)

Feraligatr lvl 65
Swampert lvl 67
Blastoise lvl 67
Venusaur lvl 62
Meganium lvl 60
Torterra lvl 60

Togekiss lvl 82
Gliscor lvl 64
Metagross lvl 64

Legendaries: Jirachi Dialga and Manaphy

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is there any other way to get the TM for Dig besides Route 214?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Is there any other way to get the TM for Dig besides Route 214?
Seems like Dig is the only TM that you cannot obtain multiple copies of.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I just finished transferring a Mew into brilliant diamond (i dont have a lets go save file) The game took away the Surf and Dazzling Gleam moves. I got Imprison and Transform instead :mad:

How do i find the TR sellers for both these lost moves ?

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I just finished transferring a Mew into brilliant diamond (i dont have a lets go save file) The game took away the Surf and Dazzling Gleam moves. I got Imprison and Transform instead :mad:

How do i find the TR sellers for both these lost moves ?
Sadly Pokémon HOME sets movesets for transferred Pokémon to what moves it would have at that level, due to certain moves not being coded in. Unfortunately it also leads to deletion of TM/TR moves, even if that move exists in the game you’re transferring to.