• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

DKN117

Legend Tamer
Question regarding Ramanas Park: Do any of the battle arenas the various Ramanas Legendaries are faced in qualify as "in caves" as far as the Dusk Ball is concerned? Or would I have to actually play after 8PM for Dusk Balls' effect to kick in against them?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Question regarding Ramanas Park: Do any of the battle arenas the various Ramanas Legendaries are faced in qualify as "in caves" as far as the Dusk Ball is concerned? Or would I have to actually play after 8PM for Dusk Balls' effect to kick in against them?
They do no qualify as caves so you’d have to play after 8pm to have them work. I actually had the best luck catching them in timer balls (except Net Balls for Kyogre, Suicune and Quick Ball for Rayquaza). Happy hunting!

Autobot N

Why do my HOME gift Sinnoh starters have Japanese names if my HOME account is in English? There's also a serial code gift for SWSH that I never redeemed that has the text in Japanese

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Why do my HOME gift Sinnoh starters have Japanese names if my HOME account is in English? There's also a serial code gift for SWSH that I never redeemed that has the text in Japanese
This was some oversight that they later fixed, but fixing it doesn't retroactively change your Pokemon to your proper language.

treatyofversigh

Unsure where else to ask this so: the Pokemon Home mobile app keeps deleting my game dex data. It initially did it when I wonder traded and got a Hisui pokemon back, and I found out that was a bug a couple of hours later. I just completed my Legends Home dex last night and have been working on getting the BDSP Home dex completed. I was decently far into it and I cleared my cache and it deleted everything except for one entry (a Shellos). I have other BDSP pokemon in the app and it isn't registering them. Same for the other games.

Is this also a bug or am I the problem here??

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I tried googling, but I can't figure out how to pass on Pokeballs via breeding. I have a Dream Ball Slowpoke and Lucario that I want to breed with the HA starters I got for connecting BDSP to Home. I looked on YouTube and had no luck there either.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
I tried googling, but I can't figure out how to pass on Pokeballs via breeding. I have a Dream Ball Slowpoke and Lucario that I want to breed with the HA starters I got for connecting BDSP to Home. I looked on YouTube and had no luck there either.
The Poke Ball of the mother (or non-Ditto parent when breeding with a Ditto) will be the one that will be pass down. When breeding two of the same Pokemon there is a 50% chance of either ball getting pass down.

Assuming you want a HA starter in a non-standard ball you have to breed off them until you get a female with its HA. Then breed with a male of the same species contained in your desired ball.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The Poke Ball of the mother (or non-Ditto parent when breeding with a Ditto) will be the one that will be pass down. When breeding two of the same Pokemon there is a 50% chance of either ball getting pass down.

Assuming you want a HA starter in a non-standard ball you have to breed off them until you get a female with its HA. Then breed with a male of the same species contained in your desired ball.
Smells like a lot of tedious work just to get pass a specific ball onto a pokemon.

Unless it has a good chance of getting a good pokemon nature with it...i wouldn't want to waste effort on it.

In my opinion the best purposes for breeders are.

-Getting a spare Eevee 8 times to get all Eevee evolutions (It's a must for me)
-Getting the baby and stage 1 forms
-Unlocking Phione for the pokedex
-Getting rid of bad nicknames...provided it is just a version exclusive and not a trade evolved pokemon. Getting bad nicknames on a Machamp OR ANYTHING needing trade items like Scizor or Gliscor. I always prefer standard species name. Evo-Trade items like Metal Coat and Razor Fang aren't cheap since they are post-game items usually.

Last edited:

Zhel

This thread is for any QUESTIONS & ANSWERS regarding the game.
Your questions may not be answered immediately, so please be patient until someone answers.

We highly suggest that you look through these dedicated sections first to help find answers.
Please do not spam your questions. All forum rules
Hello everyone, my name is Zhel and lately i had some problems with this game, before I start i have to say that i'?m not american or enything so sorry if i say something wrong.

To start, the past week ive been doing rotom shiny hunt, but suddenly it stopped working, when I interact with the tv it shows the same message; "the tv emits evil waves, it almost seems that it is watching you" (i don't know if thats exacly what it says).

I tried everything to catch him, doing it at past 20:00 in real time (i usually did it unsynchronising clock via internet), i tried doing it every single day of the week just in case, i did everything i could but rottom doesn't appears.

I don't know why this happend, the only thing that comes to my mind is that someone gave me a rottom by the gws, but it doesn't make sense beacause ive been shiny hunting him for +10h, just in case I thow that rottom away but it doesn't work anyways.

Anyone knows what to do?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
You have to get these exact words with the other conditions to get it to appear in the first place.
In the TV there appears to be a Pokemon.
The Pokemon looks like it could come out.

Would you like to thump the TV?
Getting it through GWS may have tricked the game into believing that you caught the only rotom in the game. The game counts the rotom as a encounter that can only been caught once (provided you don't have it by other means.) But if the GWS is to blame then you're out of luck even if it was released. The only other options are breeding which is very tedious (if you have still have the one you suspected from GWS) or make a new save file.

Last edited:

Det. Viper

What stickers are everybody using to get a decent visual for the Brilliant/Shining master contest? I’m consistently doing great at the dance and move part but poorly for the visual. I won once but I think that was luck. Any suggestions would be awesome.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
What stickers are everybody using to get a decent visual for the Brilliant/Shining master contest? I’m consistently doing great at the dance and move part but poorly for the visual. I won once but I think that was luck. Any suggestions would be awesome.
On the Stickers section for BDSP, most of them have listed next to them which Contest type they are most suited for. For the Beauty Contests I try to put as much Beauty stickers as I can, increasing your Pokemon's Contest condition may also have a role.

Det. Viper

On the Stickers section for BDSP, most of them have listed next to them which Contest type they are most suited for. For the Beauty Contests I try to put as much Beauty stickers as I can, increasing your Pokemon's Contest condition may also have a role.
Correct. This is for the brilliant contest and not a specific attribute which is why I’m having the troubles I’m having. It’s a Pokémon that is maxed out in all 5 stats since I maxed them out in ORAS (thanks to sheen not tracked in the game). I tried having a mixed attribute capsule, one that was, for example, a full beauty one while holding the corresponding scarf. The inconsistency I have with the sixth—and hardest—contest style is frustrating.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Correct. This is for the brilliant contest and not a specific attribute which is why I’m having the troubles I’m having. It’s a Pokémon that is maxed out in all 5 stats since I maxed them out in ORAS (thanks to sheen not tracked in the game). I tried having a mixed attribute capsule, one that was, for example, a full beauty one while holding the corresponding scarf. The inconsistency I have with the sixth—and hardest—contest style is frustrating.
Brilliant/Shining Contests seems like the hard version of contests as there are no beneficial stickers, not sure if anyone has figured how to become Star of the Show fairly constantly.

Det. Viper

Brilliant/Shining Contests seems like the hard version of contests as there are no beneficial stickers, not sure if anyone has figured how to become Star of the Show fairly constantly.
I just don’t want to spend hours trying in hopes of getting lucky again. That’s why I was checking to see what stickers others have used to get a decent visual score in the contests.

Edit: The Pokémon in question has no sheen since I did Poké Blocks in ORAS. Does the Brilliant Contest take sheen into account?

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
I just don’t want to spend hours trying in hopes of getting lucky again. That’s why I was checking to see what stickers others have used to get a decent visual score in the contests.

Edit: The Pokémon in question has no sheen since I did Poké Blocks in ORAS. Does the Brilliant Contest take sheen into account?
Sheen may also play a factor, not sure if you can still give your Pokemon Pofffins however.

Det. Viper

Sheen may also play a factor, not sure if you can still give your Pokemon Pofffins however.
I was able to find a helpful guide digging through some Google searches and it seems that sheen does play a factor so I will be delivering poffins to all those contest Pokémon I have from ORAS. Also, there are three stickers that up “shining brilliance” in these contests which happen to be the Fashionista, Show Master, and Champion stickers. The champion stickers are worth twice what the other two are. I haven’t done any E4 rematches. I’ll be grinding through the three Galar Pokédex in Home so a break to do some battles and contests will be great. I do appreciate your help in helping me try to figure out how to get through these difficult contests.

Edit: Confirmed with another source that sheen is what is used primarily for shining/brilliant contests so my Pokémon with zero sheen is doomed to lose until I max that out.

Last edited:

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I accidentally fainted Dialga (didn't think Infernape's Focus Blast would OHKO it). I know I can rebattle it once I beat the E4 and Cynthia. My question is what's the weird background noise ever since I beat it? I'm guessing either Dialga or one of the psychic fairies. But I wasn't sure. I exited Mt. Coronet and just got to Sunyshore and I'm still hearing it.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
This might be a dumb question, but is Arceus tradeable in BD/SP? The reason I ask is because I'm playing through Legends: Arceus at the moment, it's not going well and I want to delete the file and get rid of the game, but I want to register Arceus in my Pokemon Home Dex, and I want to know if there's any other possible way to get an Arceus without doing a full playthrough of a game I don't enjoy. The only other way I can think of is trading it through BD/SP, but is it even possible? Or is Arceus blocked from trading?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
This might be a dumb question, but is Arceus tradeable in BD/SP? The reason I ask is because I'm playing through Legends: Arceus at the moment, it's not going well and I want to delete the file and get rid of the game, but I want to register Arceus in my Pokemon Home Dex, and I want to know if there's any other possible way to get an Arceus without doing a full playthrough of a game I don't enjoy. The only other way I can think of is trading it through BD/SP, but is it even possible? Or is Arceus blocked from trading?
Arceus is Blocked over GTS, or Wonder Trading and smiliar trading.

There are few ways to get a Arceus, and it is a little costly..
  • Beat LA, and get it there.
  • Beat LA and BDSP and get it in BDSP.
  • Visit the Trade forum, or any other place that can arrange trades and ask for a Arceus.
  • Have an event Arceus on older game and bring it forward, however this will require a active Bank and Home Subscription.
  • Wait for Pokémon Go Arceus Raid day or another Event featuring said Pokémon.
If I wasn't planning to beat LA, I'd bring up one from one of older games.. Mind you've I've been here long enough to get the Arceus from Gen 4, 5 and 6 (The last time Arceus outside Japan was Gen 6.) I'm not planning to bring them up for a while..