• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Arceus is Blocked over GTS, or Wonder Trading and smiliar trading.

There are few ways to get a Arceus, and it is a little costly..
  • Beat LA, and get it there.
  • Beat LA and BDSP and get it in BDSP.
  • Visit the Trade forum, or any other place that can arrange trades and ask for a Arceus.
  • Have an event Arceus on older game and bring it forward, however this will require a active Bank and Home Subscription.
  • Wait for Pokémon Go Arceus Raid day or another Event featuring said Pokémon.
If I wasn't planning to beat LA, I'd bring up one from one of older games.. Mind you've I've been here long enough to get the Arceus from Gen 4, 5 and 6 (The last time Arceus outside Japan was Gen 6.) I'm not planning to bring them up for a while..
After I posted on this thread, a member on the forums messaged me offering to trade Arceus in BD/SP, so I did manage to get it registered in my Home Dex, but thank you for the info! :)

PiatbrO

Uber Leader
Hi, I can't get Dawn to rematch me. She just keeps talking about the PokéRadar. I've already entered the Hall of Fame (twice), gotten the National Dex, used the PokeRadar,... And it's the weekend now.

What am I missing?

Luthor

Hi, I can't get Dawn to rematch me. She just keeps talking about the PokéRadar. I've already entered the Hall of Fame (twice), gotten the National Dex, used the PokeRadar,... And it's the weekend now.

What am I missing?

Have you spoken to the sister yet who talks about swarms? done the stark mountain thing? visited Bebe?

PiatbrO

Uber Leader
Have you spoken to the sister yet who talks about swarms? done the stark mountain thing? visited Bebe?
I visited Bebe and spoke to Dawn's sister, but didn't go to Stark Mountain yet. It wasn't mentioned anywhere that you have to to rematch Dawn, just to rematch Barry.

Luthor

I visited Bebe and spoke to Dawn's sister, but didn't go to Stark Mountain yet. It wasn't mentioned anywhere that you have to to rematch Dawn, just to rematch Barry.

I didn't think you did either tbh was placing where you were but beyond re-speaking to all the people and visiting the the location of one of the swarms after speaking to the sister which you seem to have done I'm not sure what else to suggest as you seem to have done all the things on the guide. I assume when you say you've beaten the elite 4 twice you've done so with their national dex teams as well (e.g Aaron has no longer got a dustox but still has 5 Pokemon).

urrutiap

What town/city in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl is the best place for the Underground to find Treeckos?

urrutiap

Just beat the game last night and now doing a few post game stuff like Stark Mountain and wandering in the Underground areas to catch the older pokemon.

So far i caught a Treecko.

as for a Torchic and a Mudkip where exactly do I find them in the Underground areas?

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
So I did unlocked the Oak's Letter and the Member Card Mystery Gift in Shiny Pearl in my main Nintendo Switch account while ago when the distributions were up months ago. I wanted to do a new playthrough with having the Oak's Letter and the Member Card Mystery Gift copied from main Nintendo Switch account to my other Nintendo Switch account, how do I do that while playing my other playthrough?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So I did unlocked the Oak's Letter and the Member Card Mystery Gift in Shiny Pearl in my main Nintendo Switch account while ago when the distributions were up months ago. I wanted to do a new playthrough with having the Oak's Letter and the Member Card Mystery Gift copied from main Nintendo Switch account to my other Nintendo Switch account, how do I do that while playing my other playthrough?
I don't think you can do this unforunately. It should be tied to that save only.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Trying to make a new team on a new playthrough against Elite 4 before post game.
So i gave myself a additonal boost like Raikou to hand Cynthia's Milotic and gonna try getting Shockwave to handle Flint's Drifblim. Suicune could be a good match against Garchomp. I have added imported Entei too against like Aaron if my Infernape gets into trouble including Lucian's Bronzong
One of my worst blunders was Gardevoir with thunderbolt after defeating Milotic and Garchomp had Poison Jab and monstrous speed.
-
But my current other strongest i have are
- Infernape lvl 57
- Mew lvl 47
- Garchomp lvl 71
(for Aaron's Drapion and other ground weaknesses)

- Metang (Might evolve it into Metagross)
- Dialga lvl 52
- Jirachi lvl 30 (grass knot against bertha's quagsire)
- Alakazam lvl 70
- Suicune (Ice Plate)
- Raikou (Zap Plate)
- Entei and the other last two 2 are level 70+

Houka

Finally made to this game and now like with the original, is there a way to see which of the 4 Honey tree are the special ones? I see I can get Heracross on any tree but it's a 20% chance for a rare spawn on a normal tree while 70% with a special. So yeah, knowing which ones are special would help.

Pokefan_1987

Finally made to this game and now like with the original, is there a way to see which of the 4 Honey tree are the special ones? I see I can get Heracross on any tree but it's a 20% chance for a rare spawn on a normal tree while 70% with a special. So yeah, knowing which ones are special would help.
Munchlax will eventually be available in the Grand Underground so that's one headache that's easy to overcome. But Heracross is a 5% spawn on trees.
I don't remember which badge but i would guess art least after defeating Fantina and have Defog. I avoided the trees and imported from other games. You unlock the boxes after you meet Bebe really early.

Tree guide

Houka

I did not mention munchlax at all for that raeson, I'm more concern with Heracross due to his 5% on Group B (rare set). On a normal trees that's roughly 1%. I was asking if there any way to know which trees are special? On the original thread, there was a calculator to help you out with that, so is there something like that for BDSP? If not then any advice on how I can get an idea which one are special?

Pokefan_1987

I did not mention munchlax at all for that raeson, I'm more concern with Heracross due to his 5% on Group B (rare set). On a normal trees that's roughly 1%. I was asking if there any way to know which trees are special? On the original thread, there was a calculator to help you out with that, so is there something like that for BDSP? If not then any advice on how I can get an idea which one are special?
Doesn't seem like it. It may have been lost to the past since no one created a updated version for BDSP. I don't own have any active files BDSP so i don't know if i have any spares, not in BDSP.

Houka

Well in no one else chime in by the weekend, I'll just have to try them all and see which ones tend to have the rare ones.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
If you train a Larvitar with Dragon Dance via TM in SV and then send it backwards to BDSP is it going to completely remove DD from its moveset despite it being a move it can learn anyway just via egg move instead?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
If you train a Larvitar with Dragon Dance via TM in SV and then send it backwards to BDSP is it going to completely remove DD from its moveset despite it being a move it can learn anyway just via egg move instead?
You’ll be able to add Dragon Dance to its moveset when it is transferred to BDSP in this manner. If you have SwSh you could have it learn DD there since TRs are super easy to come by.