• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Brown Version: Rated G

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
This is my brand new story. I hope you enjoy it.
MAJOR EDIT: The story's rating is now PG, and possibly PG-13. I want to include some darker tones, and
Brown is in danger of getting killed by Team Antimatter in later chapters.

Background: The main character’s name is Brown. He lives in the region known as Oraybe (pronounced oh-ray-bee). He is 13 years old. He has been studying Pokémon all his life in preparation for being a Pokémon Trainer. Now, he is about to get his first real Pokémon for training…

EDIT: After finding out about the hacked game Pokemon Brown Version, I've decided to rename this ChaoticBrown Version. Also, the chapters now have names.

Chapter 1
A New Beginning
New Bud Town, Brown’s Room
6:00 A.M.

“Brown! Time to get up!”

I opened my eyes groggily and sat up, looking at my bedside clock. It read 6:00 A.M. I wondered why I had to to get up so early when my mom called up again, saying, “Today’s the big day! The day you get a Pokémon from Professor Spruce and start your journey as a Pokémon trainer!”

I suddenly was wide awake. How could I have forgotten?! I would finally receive a Pokémon and become an official Trainer today, something I had always been waiting and studying for. I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs. I found a heaping plate of eggs, along with a couple donuts on the side on a plate at my spot at the table. When she saw me, my mom asked, “Did you pack your bags and everything like I asked you to, dear?” Mom asked. She was a short woman with brown hair and a beaming smile.
“Yes, Mom, I did that a week ago,” I said. Then, I wolfed down the eggs and donuts. Mom had said that I could bring one of our pets on my journey. My mind quickly flashed to the tank of three Magikarp we have in my room, but that was definitely out of the question. This early in my journey, it would be hard to level them up. I then thought of our Growlithe and Herdier. I decided that it would be a better idea to choose one of them. I decided on Growlithe, because it was more loyal than the rest. I went upstairs and changed into my regular clothes: a red T-shirt and blue jeans. I got Growlithe’s supplies ready next. They included treats, his leash, his food, a chew toy, and his Poké Ball, just in case. Then, I ran up to my room and grabbed my suitcase. Finally, I fed my Magikarp, patted my pet Herdier, opened a gift from my mom for the journey (which happened to be Running Shoes), and hugged my mom one last time. Then, I left, saying, “Bye, Mom!” After that, I looked around my town. It was small, but it had all of the necessary things for a community, like grocery stores and schools. Today was a beautiful day, with Starlys and Tailows chirping, and wild Pachirisus running around tree branches. I walked around for a while because I was early, and I saw my neighbor’s Doduo going for a walk with his master.
“Hi, Brown!” called the neighbor.
“Dodu! Do!” cried the Doduo’s two heads.
“Hi!”I yelled back.
“Lithe!” barked Growlithe excitedly. I then walked towards the Pokémon lab. When I got there, which took a while because Growlithe stopped to sniff several things, I saw that my friend Henry was there, as well as the town bully, Greg. Henry was a short, teenaged African-American kid. He usually sported shirts with different Pokémon on them. Greg, however, was tall and menacing. He always wore a leather jacket and blue jeans, and enjoyed harassing the neighborhood kids, especially me and Henry. Growlithe happily ran up to Henry, but growled menacingly at Gray.
“Hello, Brown,” said Henry pleasantly. How’s it going?”
“Hey, the geek squad is finally here,” said Greg. Suddenly, we heard a loud noise from above. We all looked up to see two Pokémon battling in the sky. One was a huge green snake with two arms, golden ring markings on its body, and horns on its head. I recognized it as the Sky High Pokémon, Rayquaza. It was battling with a golden bird with rainbow wings and a huge fanned tail. It had a small crest on its head. It was Ho-Oh, the Rainbow Pokémon. "Whoa! That's amazing!" me and Henry both exclaimed in wonder. Both Ho-Oh and Rayquaza were lords of the sky and usually coexisted peacefully, but something had turned them against each other. Just as I was trying to figure out what, Greg exclaimed, “I’m gonna catch both of them and leave you idiots in the dust on my journey.” he said with a sneer. Before we could say anything in protest, a deep, male voice said from behind us,
“Welcome to my lab. I am Professor Spruce. I assume you’re here to get your Pokémon for your journeys?”
We whirled around to see a tall man that looked to be in his late forties. He had a beard and short brown hair, as well as a wide smile. “Come in, come in,” he said, and we stepped into a lab filled with textbooks, machinery, and complicated diagrams. There were also several assistants carrying round tools, research papers, or even Pokémon! We were all looking around excitedly, and Growlithe even tried to lick a few of the assistants! “Welcome to my laboratory,” said the professor. “Your starter Pokémon are waiting for you in the next room!”

End of Chapter 1. If you're wondering why I didn't include the starters in this episode, it's because I'm still trying to figure out which one of a few ideas I should pick for them.
Before I forget, here's the movesets for Growlithe so far:

Growlithe (level 10):
Roar
Bite
Ember
Leer

Thanks for reading this! If people like this, I will write the second chapter.

Last edited:

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Hmm...Pretty good. I Like your idea of the household pets, but I think that if two legendary pokemon were battling, there would be more of a reaction to it.

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
Remember that the kids are not even professional trainers yet, and the only people who really know a bit about Pokemon so far are Brown and Henry, because Gray spends his time bullying other kids. That said, I will go back and change that a bit. Thanks for the advice, and glad to see that you like it!

Last edited:

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
Chapter 2!

Chapter 2
The Starters
New Bud Town, Spruce’s Lab
8:00 A.M.

We all followed Professor Birch into the next room, and saw several red and white spheres with a black line going through them, and a button in the center. “These are Poké Balls. I’m sure Brown here is familiar with them, as he has a Growlithe already in his possession,” the professor explained. He was right, I already knew about Poké Balls, seeing as all of my pets had at least one.
“However, since Greg and Henry don’t seem to know as much, I should explain how to use them. First, I will need a few substitute Pokémon. Bob, will you please bring in the demonstration Pokémon?” the professor asked. Immediately, an assistant ran in with two Poké Balls.
The professor then opened the first Poké Ball to reveal a small, green creature with small, pointed ears and a large green bud on its back. The second one contained a green blob. It had a black spot on its back, and a large yellow feather on its head. It also seemed to have puny hands, puckered lips, and closed eyes. “These are called Bulbasaur and Gulpin. Here is a small battle demonstration,” Spruce said. “Bulbasaur, use Vine Whip!” Two vines suddenly shot out from Bulbasaur’s bulb towards Gulpin, who staggered back slightly.
Then, the assistant, Bob, called out, “Gulpin! Use Sludge!” The Gulpin opened an enormous mouth and coughed out a large purplish ball, which went flying at Bulbasaur, who also fell back. Finally, Professor Spruce threw a Poké Ball, which opened as it traveled towards Gulpin. Once it made impact, the ball sucked the Pokémon inside it, then fell to the floor. It rocked once. Twice. Three times. Click!
The ball had captured Gulpin. “Of course, it won’t always be this easy,” said Spruce. “That Pokémon was mine to start, and I only weakened it a bit before capture. However, I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it eventually. Also, you’ll see many different varieties of Poké balls on your journeys. Don’t worry, we only have one more thing to cover before we get to the good part!” he said after looking at Greg’s impatient expression.
“You will often see Gyms in cities. They will challenge you to battles in exchange for badges. If you get all eight Gym badges, you can travel to battle with the Elite Four and the Champion, which are the best trainers in the world.” He waited for this to sink in, and announced, “Now, the moment we’ve all been waiting for, your starter Pokémon!”
Professor Spruce then moved aside to reveal a table with three Poké Balls on it. He opened each one.
From the first came a blue snake with a light underbelly and two white fins on its head. It also had a white dot on its forehead.
From the second ball, a gray-green Pokemon emerged. It had a large horn on its head, and a small fan on its rear not unlike that of Ho-Oh’s, but smaller. It also had a large brown diamond on its stomach.
Finally, a small gray Pokemon stood on the table that had two fangs sticking out of its mouth. It looked a bit like a Tyrannosaurus, except it didn’t have a tail. There was a small lump on its head, no doubt used for smashing.
“These,” said Professor Spruce, “are called Dratini, Larvitar, and Bagon. They are your starter Pokémon to choose from. Pick carefully, as you’ll be spending your whole journey with them.”
Greg immediately ran up to Larvitar, saying, “You’re mine!” The Larvitar looked ready to pick a fight at any moment, but surprisingly, it cuddled up to Greg happily. Suddenly, Growlithe ran over to the Dratini, who looked up happily and said, “Tii? Tiini?” “Growl! Growlithe!” my Growlithe answered. They seemed to want to play together! I said, “I choose Dratini as my starter, Professor!” “I guess that just leaves us, Bagon,” said Henry, Luckily, he seemed happy about this, and so did Bagon. All of a sudden, the professor exclaimed, “Wait! Before I forget, here are your Pokédexes!” He suddenly produced three small boxes shaped sort of like iPods. “These are machines needed to collect data on Pokémon. You simply scan the Pokemon, and the ‘Dex collects info on it. Why don’t you try this now?” he said, handing one to each of us. I scanned Dratini with the Pokedex, and it said,
“Dratini, the Dragon Pokémon. Dratini is born large, but sometimes sheds its skin and grows larger.”
“Cool,” I said. Henry, why don’t you try?
“Okay, he said, and scanned Bagon excitedly.
“Bagon, the Rock Head Pokémon. Bagon can smash trough rocks with its hard head.”
Before we could say anything, Greg butted in with his own Pokedex. He scanned Larvitar.
“Larvitar, the Rock Skin Pokemon. Larvitar feeds on soil. Once it has eaten a mountain, it falls asleep to grow.”
“Excellent! Your Pokedexes are all in working order! I suppose that’s all I have to say. Now, your journey has officially begun! Good luck!” said Professor Spruce. With that, we left the lab and walked outside, eager to start a career as Pokémon trainers.

Movesets:
Dratini (level 5):
Wrap
Leer
Thunder Wave
-

Bagon (level 5):
Rage
Bite
-
-

Larvitar (level 5):
Bite
Leer
Sandstorm
-

The second chapter is up! Also, I changed Gray's name to Greg. I just liked that one better.

Last edited:

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
Chapter 3

Chapter Three
Their First Battles
New Bud Town
8:30 AM

A few moments later, Greg stopped and turned around. “I bet I could beat both of you idiots in a battle,” he said with a smirk. He pulled a Poké Ball out of his pocket and opened it. His Larvitar came out, saying, “Larviar!”

“Wait,” said Henry. “We should battle in an open place, like the school field. That way, we won’t damage anything.” We all thought it was a good idea, even Greg, so we all walked over to the school. When we got there, we decided to set up some battle rules. First we decided who would battle who. It was decided that Henry and Greg would battle first, and the winner would battle me. Greg and Henry both opened their Poké Balls, and their Larvitar and Bagon appeared.

“Larvitar, use Bite!” yelled Greg.
“Bagon, counter with your own Bite!” called Henry. Both Pokémon ran towards each other and bit down hard. They both staggered back, looking wounded but not ready to give up.
“Larvitar, use Sandstorm!”
“Bagon, use Bite again!”
This time, Larvitar opened its mouth and a suprisingly large sandstorm emerged, damaging Bagon a bit. However, Bagon was determined to win, and it bit down hard again on Larvitar. Then, suddenly, the sandstorm subsided. Larvitar fell over, unconscious. Henry had won! Gray angrily said, “Beginner’s luck! I’ll win next time!” and, after reluctantly handing over prize money, walked off angrily.
I pulled a Potion out of my bag and used it on Bagon, and pulled out my own Poké Ball, yelling, “Go! Dratini! Use Thunder Shock!” “Bagon, use Rage!” Henry yelled to his Pokémon. Dratini seemed to gather electricity from the orb on its head, then launched it at Bagon, who ran at Dratini, seeming to head-butt and bite at the same time. Dratini fell back, injured.
Then, the bolt of lightning hit Bagon. It stumbled back a bit, and fell to the ground. It wasn’t unconscious, but paralyzed. Then, I called to Dratini, “Use Wrap!” The Dragon-type Pokémon slithered over to Bagon and coiled around it, tightening its grip each time. Finally, the Rock Head Pokémon fainted.

I was victorious! However, I wasn’t a bad sport, so I handed Henry a Paralysis Heal, a Revive and a Potion to use on Bagon. Then, he happily handed over his prize money, and we parted ways. As I left my hometown, I looked around it one last time. This is truly a wonderful place, I thought, then left for Route 301.
Today was a glorious day to start a journey, as the sun was shining bright overhead, and wild Pokémon were abundant. I passed a Bidoof and a Patrat fighting over an Oran Berry, and wild Pidove chirping to one another. However, the peace was soon broken by a distressed cry. “Pi! Piigii!” It sounded like it was coming from a wild Pokémon. I dashed towards the sound, and found an unpleasant sight.
Two purple, cat-like Pokemon were attacking a small, brown bird. My Pokédex identified them as:
“Purrloin, the Devious Pokémon. Purrloin often steal, but their cute looks prevent them from getting into trouble.
Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokémon. Pidgey is a very common Pokémon that uses its beak and Sand Attack for defense
The Purrloin seemed to be slashing at the Pidgey for no reason, but then I realized why.
The Pidgey was hiding a Sitrus Berry behind its wings. The Purrloin wanted it, so they were Scratching the Pidgey, who was feebly kicking up sand in defense. I then decided to do something about that. I called out “Go! Dratini and Growlithe! Growlithe ran up to the battle and started barking at the Purrloin. Dratini came out of its Poké Ball and slithered up to the battlefield.
“Dratini! Use Tackle! Growlithe! Use your Bite attack!” I called to my Pokémon. Dratini launched itself at a Purrloin, and Growlithe ran towards the other. Dratini landed on its target, who staggered back. Growlithe bit down on the other cat Pokémon. However, they both retaliated by using their sharp claws to Scratch Dratini and Growlithe. My Pokémon were not about to give up, however. “Use Thunder Shock, Dratini! Growlithe, use Ember now!” Dratini gathered electric energy into the orb on its head, and Growlithe formed a fireball in its throat. Then, they both fired their attacks. On contact, both Purrloin fainted.
After the battle, I recalled Dratini after healing it and told Growlithe to stay. Then, I walked over to the hurt Pidgey. At first, it feebly kicked sand towards me, but then I got a berry out of my bag to heal it, and the Tiny Bird Pokémon calmed down a bit. I fed the Oran Berry to it, and it ate it happily. Soon, it was all better. The Pidgey seemed to have forgotten about its Sitrus Berry, so I put it into the Berry pocket of my bag. Then, I had an idea.
I pulled a Poké Ball out of my bag. Then, I opened it, and aimed it at the Pidgey. It struggled a bit as it turned into a beam of red light, so it must have been a bit nervous from its attack.
I continued walking for a while after my first Pokémon capture. I was just about to let Growlithe sniff something, when I heard a voice.
“Hey, kid! How about a Pokémon battle?” I whirled around and saw a bearded man dressed in hiking gear. He had a large backpack and a walking stick. “The name’s Hiker Russell. What’s yours?” he asked.
“I’m Brown,” I said, and took out my Poké Balls. The hiker pulled out a Poké Ball and opened it. A small, gray, humanoid figure came out of it. It had a short tail and three ridges on its head. My Pokédex then spoke up:
“Machop, the Superpower Pokémon. Machop is so strong that it can lift boulders.”
“Go! Pidgey! I called. Pidgey burst from its Poké Ball, looking a bit nervous, but ready to attack. “Pidgey, use Gust!” I said. “Use Low Kick, Machop!” called Russell. Pidgey flapped its wings and created a small windstorm. The Gust attack collided with Machop, knocking it over. However, Machop ran over to the bird and kicked it. However, it didn’t do much, just pushing Pidgey back a few centimeters. “Use Gust again!” I called. “Come on, Machop! Use Low Kick again!” cried the desperate Hiker. However, with one more Gust attack, the Machop fell to the ground, unconscious. “All right! What an amazing battle!” said Russell. Here’s your prize money.” He handed over 300 dollars. Then, I healed Pidgey and left. Pidgey seemed a little less nervous now that he had experienced a battle, and flew alongside me as I walked, chirping happily and chasing after Growlithe.
After a while, we came to a lake. It had a cave in the middle of it. I wanted to explore it, but the only way to get to it would be to use a Pokemon to ride over, or to swim. All of a sudden, two Pokémon swam up to me.
The first was a small, blue, fish-like Pokemon with large fins over its legs and head. It had three orange spikes on each cheek of its large mouth.
The second looked a bit like a small alligator. It had red spines going down its back, and a small cream-colored patch on its chest. They both looked interested in me. I decided to catch one.
Then, my Pokédex spoke up.
“Mudkip, the Mud Fish Pokémon. Mudkip uses its fins as radar to sense predators.
Totodile, the Big Jaw Pokémon. Totodile has a strong bite, so its trainer must be careful while handling it.”
Suddenly, Hiker Russell walked up.
“Hey, kid! Didn’t think I’d see you here!” he bellowed. “I was just going to catch a Pokémon,” I said. “Me too! I needed another Pokémon for my team, so I decided to stop here!” he said. “Well, if we want to catch them, we’d better start battling them!” I said. Russell nodded.

Movesets:
Pidgey level 6:
Gust
Sand Attack
-
-

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Your works are great, especially since this is a new region.
However, I'd like to see more spacing between paragraphs and quotes.

“Wait,” said Henry. “We should battle in an open place, like the school field. That way, we won’t damage anything.” We all thought it was a good idea, even Greg, so we all walked over to the school

this for example. I couldn't tell when a new paragraph started.

A more appropriate way to space this piece would be like this.

“Wait,” said Henry. “We should battle in an open place, like the school field. That way, we won’t damage anything.”

We all thought it was a good idea, even Greg, so we all walked over to the school.

You don't have to change the chapters right now, but when writing stories that will be posted on the internet, try to keep this in mind.

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
Your works are great, especially since this is a new region.
However, I'd like to see more spacing between paragraphs and quotes.

this for example. I couldn't tell when a new paragraph started.

A more appropriate way to space this piece would be like this.

You don't have to change the chapters right now, but when writing stories that will be posted on the internet, try to keep this in mind.

Believe me, I do, but the forums prevent me from simply copying and pasting spaced paragraphs from Word.

Last edited:

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
Chapter 4
The Atrocious One
Route 301, Maarifa Lakefront
10: 30 A.M.

We both took out Poké Balls and opened them. Russell’s, predictably, contained his loyal Machop. I thought for a moment, wondering how he had healed Machop so fast, and then sent out Dratini.
He hissed happily, and slithered into battle.
“Machop, use Low Kick!” called the Hiker.
“Use Thunder Shock, Dratini!”

As usual, Dratini absorbed electricity, and sent it shooting out at Mudkip, who almost fainted, but managed to hold on. Machop kicked the Totodile under the mouth, and that made it mad. It used a Scratch attack on Machop. Mudkip raised its arm and shot out a Mud Slap attack. It collided with Dratini, who fell onto the ground, but got straight back up.
I figured the Mudkip was weak enough now, so I tried to throw a Poké Ball at it.
However, because of the chaos of the battle, it was impossible to aim, so I commanded Dratini to use Wrap on the Totodile. Russell’s Machop also used Low Kick yet again. The Totodile, having been hit by two attacks at once, fainted.

Next, Russell pulled a Poké Ball out of his pocket and opened it. The Totodile turned into a ball of red energy and went inside the containment unit. Finally, I opened a Poké Ball of my own and threw it at the Mudkip. The ball hit the ground, and wobbled once.
Twice.
Three times.
Click!
I’d caught a Mudkip!
“Now that we’ve both caught the new members of our team, I think I’ll be off to the Pokémon Center to heal my team members,” said Hiker Russell. “It’s just up ahead, in the next town. Oh, and thanks for the help with that capture earlier!” Then, he left.

I decided to let my Pokémon run around for a bit before leaving. Mudkip jumped in the water, splashing around and playing with Dratini. Pidgey swooped around, chasing a Ledyba through the air. Growlithe barked at a passing school of Magikarp and Feebas, who Splashed feebly. Everyone in my party was happy.

Suddenly, ripples appeared in the water. They came closer and closer until suddenly a huge blue head emerged from the water, followed by a long-blue, snake-like body. It had a three-pointed crest on its head that vaguely resembled a trident. The monster Pokémon had huge fangs and two barbels hanging from its chin.
“Gyarados, the Atrocious Pokémon. Gyarados goes into fits of rage when something angers it, not stopping until it faints.”

The Gyarados was heading for Growlithe, who was barking madly. Growlithe must have angered Gyarados with his barking, I thought, as I ran to help.
+“Growlithe, use Bite! Dratini, Thunder Shock! Pidgey! Use Gust! Mudkip!” I checked my Pokédex “Use Mud Slap!”

Many things suddenly happened at once. Growlithe bit down on the Gyarados, and Dratini absorbed energy, and then shot out electricity. Pidgey flapped its wings hard, and a gust of wind flew towards the monstrous serpent. Finally, Mudkip sent out a Mud Slap attack. All the attacks hit at once, knocking Gyarados back into the water. Gyarados tried to Bite Pidgey, but missed. Its Accuracy must have been lowered when it was hit with Mud Slap.
I cried out again to my battling Pokemon. “Use the same attacks as last time!” I called.
This went on for a while, with Gyarados sadly taking down Pidgey and Growlithe. Finally, the Gyarados fainted. He slowly sank back down into the water. I wasn’t going to miss an opportunity to catch a super-powerful Pokémon, so I opened a Poké Ball, and the Gyarados turned into a red ball of energy, quickly entering its Poke Ball.

Next, I decided to head to the nearest city to heal up my Pokemon. The city wasn’t far away, just a few hundred feet. I entered it, and a sign near me read,
“Welcome to Brickstone Town!” True to the name, the buildings were made almost entirely of bricks.

Suddenly, a woman dressed in a uniform that read, “Poké Mart” hurriedly ran up to me. “Hello, are you a newcomer?” she asked. I nodded. “All right then, I should probably show you to a Pokemon Center,” she replied. “Your Pokemon are looking very tired! But first, let me show you to another building. This is a Poké Mart. You can buy anything you need there, from healing Potions to Poké Balls. Speaking of them, here’s a Potion for you.”
She handed me a small, purple spray bottle. “Potions help heal your Pokémon when they get hurt. Now then, I should probably show you where the Pokémon Center is.”
We walked a few feet over to the next building. “This is a Pokémon Center. All you have to do is walk in there and talk to the nurse, and she’ll heal your Pokémon.”
Then, the lady left, and I walked into the Pokémon Center.
I handed my Poké Balls to the nurse. Then, I picked up Mudkip (who was walking nearby, since Growlithe had fainted)and put him on the counter.

Movesets:
Mudkip level 6
Mud Slap
Tackle
Growl
-
Gyarados level 25
Splash
Tackle
Bite
Dragon Rage

Last edited:

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
Chapter 5
Brown VS. the Shady Grunts
Brickstone Town
1:20 P.M.​
After a few minutes, the nurse carried my Pokémon back. They were all healthy and ready to battle. I carried them out of the center and put their Poke Balls in my pocket (except for Growlithe, who happily tagged along at my heels). I next decided to go eat lunch. I looked around for a place to eat, and soon found one. The sign out front read,
“Pokémon Café! We serve you and your Pokémon!” I entered the building, and soon a waitress showed me to a seat. I let all of my Pokémon out of their Poké Balls (except for Gyarados) and sat down to eat. Soon, the waitress reappeared and took our orders. I got a cheeseburger. Dratini, Mudkip, Growlithe, and Pidgey all got specialized meals for their species. Suddenly, I remembered Gyarados and ordered a large meal to go for it too. A Croagunk waiter brought us our food, which was interesting.
After we were done with our meals, I paid the check, put all the Pokémon except Growlithe back into their Poké Balls, picked up the doggie bag for Gyarados, and left.
After we got outside, I opened Gyarados’ Poké Ball. The Atrocious Pokémon burst out and looked directly at me, then charged ferociously. Its teeth were only a couple inches from my face when I frantically recalled it. Then, I opened the ball just a tiny bit and slid the food in. I heard some crunching as I closed the Poké Ball. Then, I put it back in my pocket and tried to find the exit to the next route. For a while, I wandered the streets of the town, occasionally stopping to look at a shopkeeper’s wares, but then I heard a sound. It seemed to be coming from a nearby street. I turned to see two people. They seemed to be holding spray paint cans and tagging a nearby shop. They were wearing odd black uniforms. The people turned around when they heard Growlithe barking at them.
“Hey kid, what’re you doing here?” one of the odd people asked as they dropped their spray cans and rummaged in their pockets for a moment, then pulled out one Poké Ball each. The first ball revealed a small rodent that resembled a beaver, except it had a few tufts of fur on its rear instead of the typical flat beaver tail. The second contained a raccoon that had zigzag style tufts of fur sprouting along its body.
“Bidoof, the Plump Mouse Pokemon. Bidoof’s teeth grow at the same rate as Rattata’s,” my Pokédex spoke up. “Zigzagoon, the Tiny Raccoon Pokémon. It zigs and zags in every direction, looking for items.” “Go, Growlithe! And you, Mudkip!” Mudkip jumped out of a Pokemon Ball, and Growlithe, barking, ran onto the battlefield, his tail wagging. “Growlithe, use your Ember attack! Mudkip, how about Mud Slap!” Growlithe got a fire ball formed in his throat, then coughed it up and fired. Mudkip spit water on a nearby pile of dirt, and then hit it towards its foe with surprising force, considering we were in a street and Mudkip was so small. The Zigzagoon, having been hit with Ember nearly fainted, but it used Tackle on Mudkip, sending it reeling backwards, but still active.However, Growlithe’s Ember attack missed Bidoof entirely. It turned on my Puppy Pokemon. Its trainer yelled,
“Bidoof, Aqua Tail!” The tufts on the Bidoof’s tail suddenly grew in size, but turned watery. The Bidoof turned around so quickly that a huge wave splashed onto Growlithe, making it faint. “C’mon! Mudkip, use Tackle!” The faithful fish ran backards to gain momentum, and then hit the Bidoof with full force. The beaver Pokemon quivered for a second, then fainted. I had won the battle!
The odd men stepped away from what they were doing, and I saw that the letters they were spraying onto the side of a shop said, “Team Antimatter.” The men looked at me angrily, dropped a few cents onto the ground, and fled. I picked up the prize money and put it into my wallet, then recalled Mudkip. I next hurried over to the Pokémon Center. When I got there, the nurse asked me what had happened to my Growlithe.
“Two men in black jumpsuits attacked me and my Pokémon,” I said. “They were spray painting a wall, then, when I walked near them, they attacked me. They were tagging something about Team Antimatter.” The nurse gasped.
“Team Antimatter? They’re the worst gang in Oraybe! I’m surprised they were committing a minor crime like that! Here, I’ll heal your Pokémon.” She took Growlithe and Mudkip, and put them in their Poké Balls onto a tray. Then, she took them back into the hospital. A minute or two later, Growlithe and Mudkip returned, looking happy and ready to battle.
“Thanks,” I said, and left. The day was nice, and I let all of my Pokémon out of their Poké Balls (except for Gyarados) to run around in a nearby Pokémon park. Mudkip and Dratini splashed in a pond, and Pidgey flapped around with a Spearow and a Tailow, along with a few other Flying-type Pokémon. I threw a ball for Growlithe, and we played fetch for a little while. Then, he got ditracted by another Trainer’s Vulpix.
The two Fire- type dog Pokémon ran around with each other for a while, and eventually I think one of them got a little out of hand, because some grass was burnt or on fire. I called Mudkip to put out the flames. The Mud Fish Pokemon used a good Mud Slap attack to put them out. Then, I looked at Growlithe and the Vulpix, and they were still romping around, but at least there were no more fires. Mudkip ran off to go swim some more with Dratini, and Pigey and the other birds seemed to be playing some sort of aerial tag. The current “it” was a Farfetch’d, and it came close to tagging a Pidove, but the tiny bird flew away just in time. Instead, a Skarmory was tagged, and began to chase the other birds.
Suddenly, it began to rain. I think a Ducklett had used Rain Dance by accident while trying to avoid Skarmory. I quickly withdrew Growlithe, and the Vulpix’s Trainer did the same. Pidgey didn’t seem to mind the rain, and Mudkip and Dratini loved it, so I let them stay out. I hid under an umbrella from a nearby food vendor’s cart. A comical sight soon greeted my eyes as a Sudowoodo ran around in fear of the rain before its Trainer recalled it.
Soon, it was nearly four o’clock, and I decided to leave the park, because it was still raining. I called to my Pokémon that it was time to go, and they left very reluctantly because they were having so much fun. I let my Pokemon (minus Gyarados and Growlithe, of course) keep walking beside me. Pidgey rested on my shoulder because it was tired from all its flapping during tag. Dratini let Mudkip ride on its back.
I soon came to the next route, which was called Route 302. It was a seaside route, and the air smelled just like the ocean. For those who’ve never been there, that’s a combo of seaweed and salt water. The ocean water was grayish because of the cloudy sky, and it didn’t look like a good place to go. All of a sudden, the water surface rippled, and burst open. Two huge Pokemon were battling with each other.

Sorry for the long chapter wait, but real life has been really important. Also, you can expect at least one more chapter before the Halloween special I have planned.

Last edited:

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
My third chapter in a row with no replies...

Chapter 6
Battles, Huge and Small
Route 302
4:15 PM

One of the battlers was a huge, whitish, bird-like animal, except it had small blue plates going down its back, a long tail, blue eyespots, and huge hand-like wings. The second resembled an orca, but it had huge flippers that rather resembled the first Pokémon’s wings, was blue, had Native American-style markings, and the tail was tattered into four ribbon-like structures.
Although I already knew who the battling Pokémon were, my Pokédex spoke up, “Lugia, the Diving Pokémon. Lugia is one of the Pokémon lords of the sea. It tries not to cause undersea storms by flapping its wings. Kyogre, the Sea Basin Pokémon. Kyogre is mortal enemies with its counterpart Groudon. It is a Pokémon lord of the sea.”

Kyogre reared back, opened its small mouth, and let out a torrent of water, creating a Hydro Pump attack. It hit the Diving Pokémon, knocking it into the water. Lugia retaliated by flying all the way out of the water. Its body glowed with a light blue aura, and its eyes were plain blue. Suddenly, it lashed out with a huge Sky Attack, slamming into Kyogre with maximum power. I quickly looked at my Pokédex for information on Lugia and Kyogre’s moves, and found that both of the water lords were at very high levels, as Kyogre couldn’t learn Hydro Pump until level 90, and Lugia couldn’t learn Sky Attack until level 99. I also noticed that in the water, several Pokémon were fleeing in terror. A few, like Remoraid and Octillery, briefly paused to shoot out torrents of water at the clashing titans, but it was no use. The water bounced off of them.

I knew I had to do something to stop Lugia and Kyogre. I had an idea, but I didn’t like it. However, it was the only option I had. I carefully puled a Poké Ball off of my belt and gradually opened it so that it faced the Legendary Pokémon. Suddenly, my enraged Gyarados popped out of its ball. The Atrocious Pokémon looked furiously at me, but he seemed to understand the urgency of the situation. Gyarados rushed towards the two fighting legendary Pokémon. It opened its mouth and unleashed a Dragon Rage attack. The attack hit both of the battling water lords, knocking them both over. Then, Gyarados collided with them, and suddenly, something changed. The bodies of the battling titans seemed to relax. Kyogre and Lugia looked at each other as if to say, “Why are we fighting?” And then they both splashed into the water and swam away. “What could have driven those sea god Pokémon to a fight?” I asked Growlithe, who responded with “Growl!”

I quickly recalled Gyarados before it could swim away. Then, I stopped to smell the sea air one last time and left to continue my Pokémon journey.
I had just stepped away from the sea when I heard a “Hey, Brown!” I whirled around to see Greg with a sneer on his face. He bounced a Poké Ball up and down in his hand, and his loyal Larvitar growled at his feet. Suddenly, another voice yelled from behind me, “Wait up!” I whirled around to see Henry rushing towards us. He looked sweaty, and he was clinging to a Poké Ball as he ran. Henry’s Bagon ran frantically behind him, and it kept tripping and falling. Then, a nearby bush rustled, and a kid popped out.

“Hey!” the kid yelled. “Let’s have a Pokémon battle!” He threw a Poké Ball and a purple rat-like Pokémon popped out. “Rattatta, the Mouse Pokémon. Rattatta is very common, an can adapt to almost any location.” “Hmm, a battle doesn’t seem like a bad idea!” Greg yelled. “Prepare to be owned!” “We might as well,” I told Henry. “Go! Growlithe!” “I choose you! Bagon!” Henry cried. “Come on! Fight, Larvitar!” screamed Greg. Our Pokémon rushed into the battle, eager to fight.

Our foes commanded their Pokémon with a couple of commands. “Start off the fight with Tackle, Rattatta! Try to get Bagon!” “Use Bite, Larvitar! Attack Growlithe!” “Come on! Use Ember on Rattatta, Growlithe!” I yelled. “Try a Rage attack on Larvitar, Bagon!” shouted Henry. Suddenly, several things happened at once. Growlithe opened his mouth and shot a fireball at the Rattatta, who retaliated by tackling Bagon. However, it was close to fainting. Then, Bagon’s eyes glowed blue and it charged at Larvitar, who stumbled over, but still hung on and charged Growlithe while opening its jaws and revealing sharp, pointed teeth. The small Rock Skin Pokémon collided with my beloved Fire-type, and made it fall back ad stumble around for a second. Then, we all called out more commands to our pocket monsters. “Ember attack again, Growlithe!” “Bagon, Rage!” “Rattatta, Quick Attack!” “Larvitar, Bite Attack again!” This time, Rattatta quickly turned towards Bagon and swiped out with its forelimbs. Bagon used another Rage attack, and this time Larvitar was knocked out. Growlithe shot a fireball at Rattatta, who was knocked out as well. Greg and the kid withdrew their Pokémon. I thought that the battle was over when the kid handed over some cash, but then Greg threw another Poké Ball onto the battlefield.

An interesting-looking creature popped out. It looked somewhat like a weasel, but it had two tails, a yellow ring around its neck, and fins on its hands. “Buizel, the Sea Weasel Pokémon,” my Pokédex said. “Buizel can inflate or deflate the flotation sac on its neck. It uses its tails to propel it quickly through the water.” Henry recalled his Bagon and was about to send out another one of his Pokémon, but then Greg spoke up. “No way. It won’t be fair to have two against one. So one of you has to finish off the battle with me.” “I’ll do it,” I volunteered. I recalled Growlithe, who looked rather beaten-up, and sent out Dratini. “Use Wrap, Dratini!” I called. “Buizel, Quick Attack!” shouted Greg. Buizel ran towards Dratini and slashed him with its fins. Dratini wrapped himself around Buizel and squeezed. The attack almost won me the battle, but Buizel barely survived. “Use SonicBoom, Buizel!” “Dratini, Wrap!” Buizel shot sonic waves out of its paws, but it was hard for it to do so because of Dratini. My Dragon Pokémon tightened its grip on Buizel, and it was too much for the aquatic weasel. It fainted because of the pressure of Dratini’s coils.

“All right! We won, Dratini!” I cried out in happiness as Greg handed over my prize money after he’d recalled Buizel. Then, we said our goodbyes, and left. The rest of the route was rather peaceful. It went from ocean to forest quickly. The forest was peaceful, and there was little to distract me with the exception of some wild Pokémon crawling around in the trees. Soon, I was approaching the end of the route, and it was getting dark. The trees blocked out most of the sunlight, but luckily for me the trees were getting a little farther apart with each step I took. Soon, I saw a sign that read: “Welcome to Spiritus Town!”

Also, suggestions about what Pokemon Brown should get next are wanted!

Last edited:

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
Chapter 7
The Official Pokemon ChaoticBrown Version Halloween Special
Spiritus Town
5:00 PM
I walked into the town nervously. It was deserted, as people seemed to all be inside of their homes for some reason. I walked to the nearest Pokémon Center, which was conveniently right in front of me, and entered it.
A few people were sitting in it or wirelessly connecting with their friends, but otherwise thee were not many people here either. I walked up to the nurse and handed her my Poké Balls. After a few minutes, she returned, and I quickly asked her, “Why are there no people on the streets?”
“It’s because of those villains of Team Antimatter!” the nurse exclaimed. “They are scaring everyone so badly that they just want to hide in their homes all day! A few brave Trainers have tried to stop them, but they’ve sadly failed. Perhaps you can help us out!” “I’ll try my best,” I said, and turned to leave. “Oh, and by the way, you might want to challenge the city’s Pokémon Gym for practice before you challenge them,” the nurse called back to me just before I exited the building.
Now that the nurse had told me about it, my mind was completely taken over by the thought of my first Gym Battle. All thoughts of Team Antimatter had been pushed out of my mind for the moment. All I cared about was winning against the Gym Leader and getting a Gym Badge. I wandered the town streets, trying to find the Gym. I felt a few eyes watching me from alleyways, but they almost always seemed to belong to feral Purrloin or Meowth. However, I could tell that a few belonged to wary Team Antimatter members.
Suddenly, I jumped up in surprise. A black Persian had just walked in front of me! They were said to be bad luck, but I was angry because the cat-like Pokémon had nearly tripped over me, and it had sent Growlithe into a barking frenzy. I called Growlithe back to me, and continued walking among the desolate streets of the town.
Eventually, after several minutes of walking around, I saw an immense mansion. It was kind of dilapidated, but the house looked like it would hold up. There was a large lawn out front that led to a large porch with a few deck chairs. I looked at the mailbox to see who the house belonged to, and it read “SPIRITUS TOWN POKéMON GYM.”
I leapt up in surprise and joy. I’d finally made it to the Gym! I walked towards the broken-down place that may once have been a home to someone, and reached the porch. Now, I could see through the window that the house had no electricity, and was lit by candles. I cautiously opened the door and walked inside.
“Hello?” I called out, but heard no answer. Now that I was inside, I had the eerie sense that the candles were watching my every move. The house’s floors creaked when I walked, and it looked sturdy for a house that seemed abandoned. Spinarak and Ariados webs hung everywhere. I walked into the next room, and saw an eerie glow from above. I looked up to see a huge black chandelier with long curvy lamp-holders. “Wait, I thought there was no electricity here!” I told Growlithe, who growled at the light. “Grrrowll!”
At the sound of my voice and Growlithe, the light suddenly turned around. It looked at me with huge yellow eyes.
“YAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!” I screamed, horrified.
“GROWWWW!” Growlithe howled in fright.
“Chandelure, the Luring Pokémon,” said my Pokédex calmly. “This chandelier-like Pokémonlures people into its traps, and then eats their souls.” Before the piece of machinery could say anything more, Growlithe and I dashed through another door.
Once I entered it and closed the door, I took a look around. This room was much different from the others. It was far darker, only being lit by one of the odd, creepy candles. A small bed and a few shelves were pushed to one side of the room, and two objects that appeared to be toys laid down on the other. One of them looked rather like a doll, except it was dark gray. Its mouth had a zipper hanging from it, and the odd doll had a long, bushy, yellowish tail and a gray ribbon hanging from the back of its head. The thing had three points rising from the top of its head and tree fingers on each hand. The other toy resembled a wind-up robot. It was blue, with some tan straps holding a blue square with a yellow swirl on its chest. The robot’s arms and legs looked like large rocks. This room was a playroom for a child, although it had been abandoned for some time.
“Banette, the Marionette Pokemon.” stated my Pokédex unexpectedly. “Banette was once a child’s doll, but grew into a Pokémon through hatred and anger after being abandoned by its owner. Golett, the Automaton Pokémon. The first Golett were created by an ancient civilization, although no one knows how or why.”
Suddenly, the toys moved. They both stood up. The odd doll thing opened its red eyes and stared at me with fury. The robot moved its legs surprisingly quickly as it walked towards Growlithe and me. The noise made by my Pokédex must h ave woken them up. I could see that this was going to turn into a battle pretty quickly, so I shouted,
“Growlithe, get in there! Pidgey, I choose you!” Growlithe ran into battle, and growled menacingly.
“Grrrrow!” he said. I tossed Pidgey’s Poké Ball towards the battlefield, and it opened.
“PIIIIOOO!!” screeched Pidgey as it sped into battle.
“Use Gust on Golett, Pidgey! Growlithe, try Bite on Banette!” The doll-like Pokémon, who I’d guessed was Banette, crossed its arms together and shot a Night Shade attack at my Tiny Bird Pokemon. I was pretty scared for a moment, as Pidgey was weak to Special attacks like that, but when the attack was finished, Pidgey was just fine. In fact, it didn’t seem to have taken any damage at all! Then, I remembered something from my studies. Ghost-type moves didn’t affect Normal-type Pokémon! “Yes!” I cried. Banette looked confused, but before it could react, Pidgey had already sped towards Golett, flapping its wings and shooting gusts of air towards the robot-like Pokémon. The air gusts pushed over Golett, but it just got right back up, looking a bit dented and hurt. Growlithe opened its jaws wide to reveal sharp teeth, and then sped towards Banette. The jaws of my Puppy Pokémon clamped down onto the torso of Banette, which nearly one-hid KO’d it. “Yeah, a critical hit!” I shouted. However, my joy was short-lived, as Golett reared back and used a Slam attack, tackling Growlithe and taking away some of its health points.
“Use the same attacks, Pidgey and Growlithe!” They obeyed. With its last bit of strength, Banette used another Night Shade attack. However, it had learned from its mistake. It directed the attack towards Growlithe, who just barely hung on. Pidgey repeated its Gust attack, and this time the Golett looked pretty beaten-up, meaning it would only take one or two more turns to finish it off. Growlithe chomped down on Banette with his last reserves of strength, and the Marionette Pokemon fell to the floor, unconscious. The Golett took this as its chance, and used another Slam on Growlithe. The Puppy Pokémon didn’t survive. It fell to the floor, unconscious.
I recalled it and sent out Mudkip as Growlithe’s replacement.
“MUUUUUUUD!” it cried. All right, use Whirlpool, Mudkip! Pidgey, Gust yet again!” Pidgey got to go first this time, and it shot out another windstorm aimed at Golett. The attack was a direct hit, and now the Automaton Pokémon was nearly unconscious. However, it had the strength to rear up in a Slam attack and hit Mudkip directly. “Mudddkppp...” it said, but concentrated hard while running in circles around Golett. Suddenly, water sprouted from nowhere and encircled Golett, splashing it and washing it away. Mudkip stepped back, looking dizzy, yet proud. When the water cleared, Golett was clearly unconscious.
“YESS!” I cried in happiness. I recalled Mudkip, bud decided to let Pidgey continue flying around me, as she was extremely excited and was still very healthy.
All of a sudden, the Banette that was lying on the floor moved and looked up at me. I could see that the Ghost-type was furiously angry, but its eyes seemed to reveal something else. They were very sad. Suddenly, I realized something. “I’m probably the same age as the kid who abandoned you, right? Why don’t you come with me? I can help you find a new home with a loving owner!” I cried. I handed it some medicine from my bag, and it was soon healthy once more. I held out a Poké Ball and threw it. When Banette was caught, the ball didn’t even wobble once. I vowed to myself that I would find a home for that poor thing.
Pidgey and I exited the room, being careful to avoid the door that led to the Chandelure room. We wandered around for a bit before hearing a telepathic voice out of nowhere.
Halt! Stop where you are!” Pidgey and I froze instantly, which turned out to be our mistake. Several Ariados immediately started to spin webs around us until we were trapped. “Gwa-ha-ha!” the voice shouted. I looked around wildly for its source, but it was nowhere to be seen. “You have fallen straight into my trap! Now you must answer me a riddle.
“A riddle? No one said anything about a riddle!” I shouted. “Now let us go, or I’ll challenge you to a battle!”
No, young Trainer. You cannot go free until you answer my riddle. Also, you would liketo battle me? You would surely lose. My level is far too high for you to beat the likes of me! Now here is the riddle. Two men lie dead in a cabin at the top of a mountain. How did they die? Be very careful. You have but three guesses.
“Pidg?” asked Pidgey.
“No, Pidgey, they didn’t build the cabin and die because of lack of air! Keep guessing!” said the ghostly voice, more for my benefit than that of Pidgey. After a few moments, I guessed again.
Is it because they were riding a plane, but crashed into the top of the mountain because of thick fog?” I asked tentatively.
The voice hesitated for a moment, and said, “Well done, boy. You have successfully guessed the answer to my riddle. You may go free now.” The Ariados used their front pincers to cut their webs. Pidgey and I fell to the floor, and we brushed the excess webs off of ourselves. “Before you leave, I may as well reveal myself. Behold!” Suddenly, a large purple ghost popped into view in front of me. It floated in the air, and had no arms, but two floating hands. It also had a short tail hanging behind it.
“Haunter, the Gas Pokémon,” came a muffled robotic voice from my pocket, which startled me. “Haunter lives in dark areas and eats souls. It is said to live in an alternate dimension.” “Whoa, a talking Pokémon!” I yelled.
“Your machine is correct about my species,” said Haunter. “Ignore the fact that I can talk, and get going. Your destination is just through this door!” I walked over to the door, and opened it. I then walked through it and entered the room.
Inside, the room was very large and open. About thirty of the odd candles were hanging on the walls in the weirdest places. Several pieces of old equipment were stacked in one corner of the room, and they looked like they hadn’t been used in a while. However, at the other side of the room stood a tall, thin man that was facing away from me. He seemed to be working on something. When the man heard me, he whirled around to face me. He had a pale face, and looked almost ghostly.
“Ah, are you a challenger of my Gym? I am to be your opponent in this battle. My name is Sanctus, the Gym Leader of Spiritus Town. Oh, and before you fight me, I have some explaining to do about my Gym.
You see, many Gyms in other regions have various other Trainers to fight before you get to the actual Gym Leader, oftentimes having to solve puzzles along the way. However, in the region of Oraybe, our Gym system is much different. In this region, as you have already seen, you must fight your way through wild Pokémon that we have put into the Gym. Sometimes, they even test your wits, as my dear friend Haunter has shown you. The Gym Leader, in this case, me, is your final challenge in all of the Gyms. You must beat him or her in order to win one Gym Badge. If you get 8 badges, you are eligible to compete against the Elite 4. Now, one more thing in Oraybe that is different from the other regions is this.” Sanctus moved aside to reveal the machine that he’d been working on. “This is a healing machine, a smaller version of the ones in Pokémon Centers worldwide. In Oraybe, we have them specially made for Gym Leaders to use, just so the Trainers don’t have to go all the way back to the Pokémon Center once they’ve beaten all of the challenges. Here, I’ll take your Pokémon and put them in this here machine.” He took my Poké Balls and placed them in the machine, with the obvious exception of Pidgey, who was still healthy and fluttering around me.
After the machine was finished with the healing process, Sanctus announced, “Choose your first Pokémon.” I immediately recalled Pidgey and sent out a healthy Growlithe.
Sanctus called to one of the candles hanging on the walls, and it came floating towards him. Now that I was facing it on the battlefield, I could see that it had stubby arms, and wax covered one of its eyes, so only one bright yellow eye was visible.
“Litwick, the Candle Pokémon.” My Pokédex had gone off unexpectedly yet again. “Litwick feeds off of the life energy of humans and Pokémon. One way it kills is by sapping life force while pretending to be a guide.”
Now that we had both sent out our first Pokémon, I cried, “Get ready to rumble!” and the battle began.
*Author’s note: Try listening to this while you read the part about the battle. It really fits in well, in my opinion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6r5RgY9ACk *
“Growlithe, start out with a Bite attack!” I shouted.
“Try an Ember attack, Litwick!” shouted Sanctus.
Both Pokémon sprang into action. Growlithe chomped down on Litwick, who looked weakened by the attack. Its flame would probably burn out in a few turns. However, the tiny Candle Pokémon crashed headfirst into Growlithe, which didn’t do much damage. Sanctus and I both commanded our Pokémon to use the same attacks. Growlithe charged again with Bite, and this time the Litwick’s flame burned out.
All right! Another critical hit!” I called out. Then, Sanctus threw another Poké Ball towards the battlefield. What emerged was like nothing I had ever seen before in my life. It had only a large black head, which bore two huge white eyes and a mouth with two fangs. Surrounding the circular head was a large purple gaseous mass.
“Gastly, the Gas Pokémon. Gastly may look weak and be blown away easily, but it is highly cautious. It haunts many old, abandoned places.” This time, my Pokédex’s sudden outburst didn’t take me by surprise. I chose to keep Growlithe in the battle.
“Use Bite again, Growlithe!” I shouted.
“Try a Lick, Gastly!” shouted Sanctus. When the turn began, Gastly sped towards Growlithe, stuck out a huge tongue, and licked the Puppy Pokémon in the face. It damaged Growlithe, and paralyzed him. When Growlithe tried to attack, it couldn’t move a muscle. I saw this as a serious disadvantage, so I recalled him and sent Dratini out onto the battlefield.
“Tiiiii-ni!” it called.
“Use a Wrap attack!” I shouted to it.
“Gastly, Lick again!”
Gastly sped in to slurp all over Dratini. Luckily, Lick didn’t paralyze Dratini, but it still did damage. Dratini leapt up (an amazing feat for a legless dragon) and wrapped around Dratini. Oddly, it didn’t do any damage whatsoever, but I then remembered that Normal-type attacks did no damage to Ghost-types. U recalled Dratini and sent out Mudkip.
“Use Whirlpool, Mudkip!”
“All right, mix it up a little with Toxic, Gastly!” Sanctus shouted.
Gastly shot a beam of poison out of its mouth towards Mudkip, who glowed briefly purple. I knew immediately that poor Mudkip had been poisoned. However, it struck back with a Whirlpool attack, running in circles around Gastly. The attack luckily one-hit KO’d the Gas Pokemon. However, Mudkip suddenly glowed purple once more. When the purple glow faded, Mudkip looked up at me weakly.
“Muudd...” it said faintly. I recalled it, as I could clearly see that it would faint in a few turns.
“Go! Pidgey!” I said as I threw another Poké Ball. Pidgey emerged from it, screeching loudly.
“Misdreavus, I choose you!” my rival shouted. He tossed his second-to-last Poké Ball towards the battlefield. The contents surprised me as much as Gastly did.
The Pokémon looked a little bit like a floating human head, but it was bluish-black. The strange creature also had some sort of hair the same color as its body, and a small smile. It also wore a reddish necklace around its neck. Like many other Ghost-type, it had glowing yellow eyes.
“Misdreavus, the Screech Pokémon,” said my Pokédex, and I took it out of my pocket. “Misdreavus uses its necklace to drain life force. It loves to startle innocent people.”
“Pidgey, Gust!” I shouted.
“Misdreavus, Psywave!” yelled Sanctus.
The first Pokémon to strike was Misdreavus, as it had a higher Speed stat than my Pidgey. It opened its small mouth and fired a large wave of psychic energy. Pidgey was hurt pretty badly, but flapped its wings in a Gust attack that barely damaged Misdreavus at all. Sanctus and I both commanded our Pokémon to repeat the same moves as before. When Misdreavus attacked with Psywave, I knew that all hope of winning with Pidgey was lost. Sure enough, the attack collided with Pidgey, who fainted on impact.
I had two options to choose from now. I could use Gyarados, who would probably end up destroying the gym in its fury, or I could use the one other Poké Ball on my belt.
“It’s time to fight fire with firepower!” I yelled. Come on out, Banette!” I called. The puppetlike Pokémon I’d rescued earlier popped out of its Poké Ball, eager to fight. “Use your Night Shade attack, Banette!”
Sanctus looked over at me fearfully. He could see that he was at a clear disadvantage now that I had a Ghost-type to fight with, as Ghost types are supereffective against themselves.
“Try another Psywave attack, Misdreavus!” Sanctus called nervously. His Misdreavus looked just as nervous as he did, but obeyed. It shot a wave of psychic energy towards my Marionette Pokémon. When the attack was finished, Banette barely looked hurt at all. In fact, it smiled as it pressed its hands together and unleashed a deadly Night Shade attack. Since it was supereffective, Misdreavus instantly fainted.
“You may have gotten through all of my other Pokémon, but I always have a special surprise prepared at the end! One of only two known Pokémon with no weaknesses, I choose you, Sableye!”
One of the oddest creatures in existence faced Banette in battle now. It was bipedal purple creature. It had pointed ears and was very thin, with sharp teeth. However, the weirdest thing about the creature was its eyes. Two diamonds were on its face where its eyes should be. On its body, the creature had a ring of crystals going around its waist.
“Sableye, the Darkness Pokémon,” said my Pokédex, which I realized was still in my hand. “Sableye gain their crystal-like eye structure from their diet of precious stones. They are well adapted for cave life. Because of their Dark/Ghost type, they have no known weaknesses.”
“No weaknesses, huh? Might as well try another Night Shade!” Banette looked up at me eagerly.
“Sableye, Foresight!” Sableye eyed Banette eagerly and prepared to attack. The first Pokémon to strike was my Banette. It pressed its small hands together and shot a beam of dark energy at Sableye, who was hit hard by the attack, but was still able to fight relatively well. For its attack, Sableye simply looked at Sableye with its gemlike eyes. The move seemed to do almost no damage, but Banette seemed to cringe a bit.
“Banette, mix it up a bit with Knock Off!” I yelled.
“Sableye, Scratch!” At that command, I laughed out loud.
“You can’t be serious. You do know that Normal-type moves don’t affect Ghost-types, right?” I said.
“Not normally,” Sanctus replied mysteriously, but before I could protest, the Pokémon had begun to go at each other. Banette reached back its arm and punched Sableye hard in the gut. Not only did the attack do a lot of damage, it knocked something out of Sableye’s mouth. At first, I’d just thought that it had consumed a Meowth amulet, but it seemed to be a bit different.
As if to confirm my suspicions, Sanctus yelled, “You weren’t supposed to EAT the Amulet Coin, Sableye!” However, Sableye continued with its attack. It ran over to Banette, reared back, and slashed with its claws. I laughed, but then stopped abruptly when I saw that Banette had actually been hurt by the attack. The Marionette Pokémon was down, but definitely not out.
“Haha! Foresight makes Fighting- and Normal-type moves affect Ghost-type Pokémon! Use your Scratch again!”
“Banette, Night Shade again!” I cried out anxiously. Was I going to lose my first ever Gym battle? Banette pressed its stubby hands together, and dark energy collided with Sableye, who nearly fainted. However, the next attack made by Sableye dangerously decreased my odds of winning. It raked its claws across Banette’s body. Banette nearly fainted, because Sableye had gotten in a critical hit! I quickly scanned Banette with my Pokédex, and saw that it had only five hit points left! I quickly dug a medicinal Potion out of my bag and fed it to Banette, who now looked much better.
I was about to issue a command to Banette when Sanctus spoke up. “You can’t tell your Pokémon to attack once you’ve used medicine on it! That would be unfair! Use Scratch, Sableye!” The Darkness Pokémon reared back its arm and clawed at Banette, who wasn’t harmed as much as the last turn, luckily.

“All right! We can attack this time! Banette, Night Shade Attack!”
“Humph. Sableye! Use your Night Shade attack as well!” Banette, seeing as it was the faster Pokémon, got to attack first. It pressed its hands together yet again and shot another Night Shade attack at Sableye. The attack had devastating effects on my foe’s Pokémon. The Night Shade attack hid with deadly accuracy and knocked out Sableye. The no-weakness Pokémon had finally been defeated, and by my new Banette no less! I thought that Sanctus would be really angry, but instead he looked pretty happy. He recalled his unconscious Sableye into its Poké Ball and put it on his belt. I did the same with my Banette.
“Well done! Very well done!” Sanctus clapped as he spoke. Now, why don’t you heal your Pokémon here?” He gestured to the healing machine. I put my Poké Balls in it, and the machine automatically healed the Pokémon inside. When it was done, I took the small capsules back and put them on my belt, and released Growlithe. “Now, I have something to offer you. Here, take this.” He handed me a small badge shaped like the Gastly he’d been using earlier. “This is a badge to show that you have beaten me in a battle. If you get eight of these, you can participate in the Pokémon League! Also, I must give you this case for your badges. You can put all of the Gym badges thaave me t you earn throughout your journey here.” He gave me the small case, and I put my badge in it. “Now, before I forget, here is your prize money for winning!” I received about two thousand dollars in prize money for winning. That may sound like a lot, but believe me, in the Oraybe region, it isn’t much. “Finally, I have one more thing to show you.” He pointed to a small glowing green spot on the floor. “If you step onto this portal, you will be transported out of the gym. That is all I have to say. Farewell, Trainer!” He waved to me, and I prepared to step on the portal.
Suddenly I remembered something important. I turned around and said, “Sir, I have something to ask you. You see, the Banette I used in the battle wasn’t actually a full member of my team. I was just holding it for someone who could actually enjoy it as a friend. A while back, Banette was abandoned by its friend, who was a young child about my age. I didn’t originally plan to use it in battle, but it seem that I had no choice. It was either use that or my extremely destructive Gyarados that doesn’t obey me. I was keeping it to give to someone who would enjoy its presence, and I think I’ve found that someone. Here, keep it!” I handed him Banette’s Poké Ball, and the Gym leader took it.
“Thank you! I’ll keep it!” he said. “However, I think you should have this. It was given to me as a gift recently, but I daresay that I wouldn’t really be able to use it, seeing as I’m a Ghost-type Trainer and this is a Dark-type. I feel that I simply must give it to you, since you gave me a Banette.” He held out a Poké Ball and opened it.
What emerged looked slightly like Growlithe. However, it was much, much different. It had black fur and small, skinny legs. It had a small, flame-shaped whorl of fur on its head and small stubby legs. It had a large puff of fur for a tail. Its legs, eyes, and fiery whorl were tipped in red.
“Zorua, the Tricky Fox Pokémon. Zorua usually shapeshifts to protect itself. It usually hides in other forms.” As usual, my Pokédex was quick to inform me of the identity of a new Pokémon. Sanctus handed me its Poké Ball, and I recalled the new Zorua.
“Before you leave, I have one more thing to tell you,” Sanctus said. “Now that you have that badge, Pokémon up to level 20 should obey you. I daresay that even includes your incredibly action-oriented Gyarados!”
“Thanks!” I shouted to Sanctus as I crossed the room to step on the portal to exit. Once I did, I spun around in rapid circles until I was ejected to the front lawn of Sanctus’ mansion. When I had regained my sense of balance, I stood up. Growlithe soon stood up as well. However, what we saw was not good at all. Several Team Antimatter grunts were patrolling the streets with loaded guns in their belts. Also, each had at least one Poké Ball with them. I shuddered to think what they could be up to. All of a sudden, on looked at me. “Hey, there’s some kid! He could be a witness to this! Let’s get him!”
New Pokemon moveset:
Zorua level 7:
-Scratch
-Leer
-Pursuit
-Snarl

Last edited:

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
New Chapter Update!

Chapter 8
Of Antimatter and Snowstorms
Spiritus Town
8:30 P.M.
I turned to run into Sanctus’ mansion again, as I’d much rather face Chandelure and other wild Pokémon than several murderous-looking grunts that could actually kill me. However, before I could reach the place, several grunts had caught up to me and pressed their guns to my back. “Halt!” one said angrily. “You are now in the custody of Team Antimatter under Petrel’s division!” At those words, a tall thin man with purple hair emerged from a surrounding crowd of grunts. He had on the standard-edition Team Antimatter black outfit, but he somehow seemed more powerful.
“I am Executive Petrel,” he said importantly. “Once, I was rather high-ranking in Team Rocket’s Johto branch. However,” A furious look came over his face at this point. “Our team that once seemed impossible to defeat was taken down by two ten year old boys named Ethan and Red. I left the team in shame after I was defeated the second time. I did not want to endure any more torture. However, while I was wandering this region looking for work, I spotted a poster that was for new recruits for Team Antimatter. When I told the boss about my background in Team Rocket, I was promoted on the spot. Now I am here in Spiritus Town. Grunts, take your guns away. I’ll let the boy go only if he can beat five of us in a Pokémon Battle... including me.” A devilish grin split across his face. “Begin the matches!” Petrel shouted.
A rather young and eager-looking grunt ran up to me and grabbed a Poké Ball off of his belt. It happened to be his only one, so I knew that this would be a short battle. “Go! Drowzee!” the grunt shouted. A large, bipedal Pokémon appeared in Sanctus’ front lawn. Its upper body looked like that of a yellow tapir, but its lower body was brownish. Drowzee had hooves for feet.
As if on cue, the Pokédex spoke up. “Drowzee, the Hypnosis Pokémon. Drowzee eats dreams. If it eats a particularly pleasant one, it will gain extra energy.”
“Judging from my Pokédex’s comment about eating dreams, I’m going to assume that Drowzee is a Psychic-type. Go! Zorua!” I shouted, tossing the Poké Ball containing the Tricky Fox Pokémon.
“Zor! ZORRRUA!” said Zorua eagerly.
“All right! Zorua! Use Snarl!” I shouted.
“Rrgh! All right, fine. Try your Pound attack, Drowzee!” the young grunt said angrily. Since Zorua was the faster of the two battlers, it got to go first. Zorua opened its mouth and snarled menacingly. While the attack didn’t seem to have done anything, Drowzee was in great pain. However, it managed to get up and leap onto Zorua with a Pound attack. Zorua was hurt, but it hadn’t fainted yet. The grunt and I commanded our Pokémon to use the same moves as before. This time, when Zorua used Snarl, the young grunt’s Drowzee fainted.
The grunt cursed and said, “Ya gotta be kiddin’ me! Here. Have this money.” He dropped about 300 Pokémon dollars on the ground. Then, he walked away and was replaced by another grunt, which, like his comrade, had only one Poké Ball. He was tall and thin, and looked to be about twenty.
“All right! I choose you! Patrat!” A small, bipedal, brownish critter emerged from the Poké Ball. Despite its name, Patrat looked more like a chipmunk than anything else. Its long, thin tail had a small white puff on the end. Patrat had large buck teeth.
“Patrat, the Scout Pokémon. Patrat often fight with Sentret for territory. They constantly look around for danger.” My Pokédex was a bit muffled, because it was still in my pocket. Suddenly, I had an idea. If I used a certain member of my team, I could not only knock out the foe’s Patrat, but scare off everyone in Team Antimatter’s Spiritus Town branch.
“Go! Gyarados!” I shouted. My Atrocious Pokémon exploded out of his small capsule and landed on the ground. Normally, fishlike Pokémon like Gyarados would flop around on dry land, but my disobedient monster coiled up like a snake on the ground. “Let me show you what will happen to all of you if you stick around here any longer!” I shouted to the grunts and Petrel. “Gyarados, use Dragon Rage on Patrat!” Gyarados partly obeyed my order. His eyes turned a bright shade of blue, and he opened his mouth wide. All of a sudden, Gyarados whirled around and shot what looked lik blue flames at me.
It felt like I was simultaneously being torched and having torrents of water shot at me from a fire hose. Needless to say, it hurt. A lot. “Owww...” was all I managed to stammer out after I’d been attacked. Luckily, the grunts and Petrel all seemed to be terrified of Gyarados after that, and they ran away in terror. The third-to-last thing I remembered after that was Gyarados rampaging around town, firing Dragon Rage attacks at trees and garbage cans. The second-to-last thing I remembered was me recalling Gyarados. The last thing I remembered was a nervous-looking crowd of people huddled around me. Then, I blacked out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I woke up, I was on a soft bed in a room with bright lights. At first, I thought that I was in a hospital, but then, I looked around and saw several Pokémon laying on nearby beds. I sat up and asked aloud,
“Am I in a Pokémon Center?”
“Oh, yes, you are!!” a frantic-looking nurse replied. Normally, we only treat Pokémon, but with your severe injuries inflicted by a Dragon Rage attack, the townspeople figured that you’d better be sent straight here.”
“Wait... What happened after I blacked out?” I asked.
“Well, you recalled your vicious Gyarados, and then you blacked out. The nervous townspeople saw your whole battle with Team Antimatter, and figured it would be the least they could do to help you out. They called the town’s hospital, but they declared these attack wounds to be more of a Center thing. The people called us, and we came and got you. We’ve been tending to your injuries ever since. Oh, and before you ask, you’ve been out for approximately twenty-four hours and five minutes.”
I felt my belt and in my pockets, and I asked, “Where’s my stuff?”
“Hey! Nurse Joy! Bring the kid’s stuff in here!” my nurse called down the hall, and soon enough, a nurse who looked almost identical to my current one ran in with my bag, Poké Balls, and my Pokédex.
“Thanks!” I said, and inspected my stuff to see how it was doing. Suprisingly, none of my things had even a scratch on them. I unleashed Growlithe (it was a Pokémon hospital, after all), put my Poké Balls on my belt, and asked the nurse, “Is it okay for me to leave now?”
“Yes, I’d say so,” she replied. We had to use a modified version of the Pokémon healing mechanism on you, and that took some time to work out, but after we made it, it was pretty easy to heal you. After that, it was just a matter of time until you woke up. So, yes, it is okay for you to leave now. Goodbye, and good luck on your journey!” the nurse called after me as I leapt out of bed and walked down the hall on my still-sore legs.
However, once I got to the wide-windowed entrance room, I saw that it was nighttime outside. The nurse at the front desk suddenly spoke up. “If you need a place to stay, we have some spare beds that you and your Growlithe can use, if you want to! Mainly, we use them for bigger Pokémon like Lucario, but occasionally, humans use them. ”
“That’d be great!” I replied eagerly.
“Rowlth!” Growlithe agreed. When the nurse carried out my large bed, a smaller pink Pokémon carried out a smaller bed for Growlithe. The Pokémon was pink all over. Its body was shaped like an egg, and had a short tail. The thing had small, hairlike outgrowths from its head, and a tiny face. The weirdest thing about the Pokémon, however, was the fact that it carried around a small egg in a pouch on its stomach. I took out my Pokédex for a quick summary.
“Chansey, the Egg Pokémon. Chansey is well-renowned for being extremely rare. It is often employed in Pokémon Centers because of its caring nature.”
“Thanks!” I said to the nurse and the Chansey. Then, after a large meal of some of the spare human food (I was out for a whole day, so I was starving), I decided to turn in for the night. Growlithe walked up to its bed, turned around three times, and went to sleep immediately. I followed soon after, falling into a deep, dreamless sleep.

The next morning, I awoke feeling quite rested. I woke up Growlithe, and had a somewhat smaller meal than last time. Then, after helping the nurse and the Chansey to put back the beds, I left the Center in a pretty god mood. I’d learned my lesson about using Gyarados unless, of course, it was an emergency. Since Spiritus Town was quite small, it didn’t take me long to find the path to the next route, Route 303.
However, just as I started to walk onto the long, grassy trails, clouds gathered around the sun. The weather turned chilly, and, as if by magic, snowflakes began falling down. Quickly, I pulled a jacket out of my bag and put it on. I contemplated one for Growlithe, but decided against it, because my Puppy Pokémon’s inner fire glands and thick fur kept it warm in the cold snow.
Even though Route 303 was one of the shortest routes in the Oraybe region, at only 200 yards long, it seemed to take me hours and hours to trudge through the heavily building snowdrifts. Growlithe could just shoot some flames to instantly melt snow, but I had to lift up my entire leg and plunge it into another snowdrift just to take a single step forward.
Eventually, I was pretty tired from simply walking through the thick snow. I was also freezing cold. All of a sudden, I spotted something through the snowfall. It appeared to be a large house. It was brightly lit, so I knew there was someone in it.
“Hey!!! Out here!” I called as I tried to run towards it.

Coming Soon: Pokemon ChaoticBrown Version Christmas Special!

Last edited:

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
New Chapter!
Don't think of this as a Christmas chapter, think of this as a winter special. I promise I'll be on time next year!
Chapter 9
The Holly Jolly Winter Special
Mysterious House on Route 309
10:00 AM
Once Growlithe and I got to the house (which took quite some time), I walked up the thankfully snow-free porch steps and knocked on the door. The door flew open, showing off a very large and beautiful living room. It was warm on account of a fire blazing in a big fireplace. There were some stairs leading up to an upstairs room, which I decided to check out after I looked around a bit more.

A large Pokémon that somewhat resembled the Abominable Snowman crossed with a snowy Christmas tree was standing in a corner. The monster was completely white, but its hands and feet, which resembled evergreen branches, were dark green. The thing had shaggy fur that resembled pine needles, increasing its resemblance. However, it had purple eyes. One feature that I could tell was NOT natural was the fact that Christmas tree ornaments were hung on the Pokémon’s limbs and body. Before it could say anything I yanked out my Pokédex.

“Abomasnow, the Frost Tree Pokémon,” my ‘Dex stated. “Abomasnow is partially the basis of the Abominable Snowman myths. It conjures up blizzards.”

Abomasnow actually looked pretty happy, despite being a snowy tree in a hot room and having ornaments hung on it. Then, I noticed some Pokémon treats on a counter nearby and it all made sense I had to pull Growlithe away so it didn’t jump up and eat some treats.

I decided to walk up the stairs. Growlithe bounded after me. When I got to the top, I found a metal door like the one on SpongeBob SquarePants’ house. I turned the knob and walked inside.

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra7bWBjcAqE Author’s Note: Try to listen to this theme the whole time Brown is in the house until the next music appears! By the way, this is also the theme for the Ice Cave in the Johto Region, in case you didn’t know.*

When I got in, the room inside was almost as cold as the exterior of the house. The walls and celing were all the same size and shape, and they were made of metal. There was also ice and snow on the floors and icicles hanging from the celing, giving me the feeling that I was in a giant freezer. The oddest thing about the room, however, was the odd creature standing, or rather floating, in front of me.

The thing’s head was shaped like a horizontal teardrop, and it had a purple shade to it. The head was covered in a snow-like material, and had several holes where its eyes and nostril were. The eyes were bright yellow, with a bright blue around the pupil. Two crystals of ice popped out of the snow right above the eyes. The thing’s torso hung limply from its head, and was vaguely shaped like a broom, or maybe a kimono. A red band was wrapped around its waist. The odd floating thing’s arms also dangled from its head. The arms flared out towards the end, making it look like I had Mudkip-like fins. To check if this thing was even a Pokémon, my ‘Dex was soon in my hand.

“Froslass, the Snow Land Pokémon. Froslass breathes air -60 degrees Fahrenheit. All Froslass are female.”

“Your Pokédex is correct I am, in fact, a Froslass.” I heard the voice telepathically. “I am the guardian of this Gym. Yes, I can read your thoughts. This is the second Gym of the Oraybe Pokémon League. I was elected to tell challengers the way to get to the Gym’s leader, Mr. Klaus. All challengers must complete three tasks.

Every time you complete a task, a new door will open. You will know when you’re getting closer to the Gym’s leader when the temperature gets colder. Challengers must complete three tasks to get to the leader. I shall not reveal the two tasks ahead, but I will tell you this: I am, in fact the riddle master of this gym. Yes, I know you’re thinking of my brother Haunter in Sanctus’ gym. We both hatched from the same Cofagrigus. But that’s not the point. The point of this whole conversation is our riddle. So, without further ado, here it is. The riddle!” I was excited. What would this riddle be? Would it be difficult? Before I had time to think, the strange Froslass began her riddle.

“Pretend you are a farmer. You are trying to take your hungry Ninetales, your Ducklett, and your bag of Pokémon Treats that are specially flavored for Flying-types to a market across a river. You cannot carry everything at once, as your boat will sink. If you leave the Ninetales with the Ducklett, the Ninetales will eat the Ducklett. If you leave the Ducklett with the Pokémon treats, it’ll eat them. How do you get them all safely across to the market? You have three guesses. Begin.”

I knew that I’d heard this one before. When I was in school, my teacher would give us riddles at the end of each day to test our minds. If only I could remember the answer! Before I could say anything, Growlithe thought of something.

“RRRRawf! Rowl!”

“Sadly, that answer is, in fact, incorrect. You have two remaining tries.”

“Maybe if you took over the Ninetales first...” I said, but Froslass interrupted me.

“No, then the Ducklett would eat the food. You have only one try left. Guess carefully, or you will be ejected from the gym.”
I had one try left. I had to think hard. All of a sudden, my mind kicked in.
“What if you took the Ducklett across, then came back, got the treats, took them to the other side, put them down, got the Ducklett, took it back, put it down, grabbed the Ninetales, took it to the opposite shore, and finally went back for the Ducklett, carrying it back to the opposite shore?”
“...Wow. You actually got the riddle right. Not many people have done that. Congratulations. You and your Pokémon get to advance to the next room Good luck!”

Froslass moved aside to reveal a door, which I walked over to and opened. When I walked through it, the temperature dropped about ten degrees. While I shivered, I knew that I was on the right track. This was my second challenge before the final Gym Leader. What I wasn’t expecting was a large row of about ten strange Pokémon that looked sort of like Abomasnow. The first two segments of their bodies were white and snow-covered, while the bottom segment was brown. Like with Abomasnow, the two hands of this Pokémon were just branches of a pine tree. Two small eyes peeked out from under a large cap that looked like the top of a pine tree crossed with a mountain range.

Another strange thing in the room was a strange bivalve-like Pokémon with a multilayer shell. It had many prongs and spikes on its shell. Inside the shell was a soft core that looked like the head of a Gastly. The head had a necklace-like thing around it, and the necklace had a small box that read, “Translator” on it. The translator had a speaker.

I was most curious to find out what the shelled creature was, so I got out my Pokédex to check it out.

“Cloyster, the Bivalve Pokémon and evolved form of Shellder. Cloyster have an extremely high Defense stat. If an enemy comes near, they close their shells so tightly that nothing can pry them open.”

“Cloyster Cloyster Cloy,” said the Cloyster. However, what came out of the translator was, “That Pokédex is right. I’m a Cloyster. You’re lucky. If you were an enemy, you’d have no idea how to get through Master Klaus’ Gym. Luckily for you, I don’t see ya as a threat.

Now, let me tell you what you must do here. That there is a whole line of Snover statues. Your goal is to find out which is the real one in the lineup. You have three tries. Begin!”

I had no idea what to do at first, but then I had an idea. Before Growlithe could foolishly attempt to solve the puzzle, I whipped out my Pokédex once more. I scanned the first statue.

“Statue. No information available,” said the Pokédex. I scanned the second statue. “Statue. No information available.” I scanned a third statue. Luckily for me, my Pokédex said, “Snover, the Frost Tree Pokémon. Snover lives in faraway icy mountains. It rarely meets any humans.”

“Coyster Cloyster Cloyyyyy...... Cloyster.” said Cloyster after I found the Snover in the line of statues. The translator said,
“Hmm. Not the way I’d have solved it, but a very good strategy indeed. Not may Trainers would have thought of using a Pokédex to find the Snover in the line of statues. Ya did good, kid. You can progress through the Gym now. Good luck!” Cloyster moved aside to reveal another door. Growlithe and I walked over to it, and I opened the door.

When I walked through, the temperature dropped another ten degrees. I was lucky that I had a warm coat on, or else I would’ve frozen solid. I could see that this room was unlike all the others. A blue wall crossed almost all the way to the other side. About three-quarters of the way away from the right wall was an empty space. It looked like an entrance to something. Suddenly, it hit me.

“This is a maze!” I exclaimed to Growlithe. But how would I get through it? In an instant, I had an idea. “Growlithe, I’m going to ask you to get into your Poké Ball. Don’t worry, it’s only temporary. Just go with it, okay?” Growlithe grudgingly agreed. Soon, my Puppy Pokémon was in his Poké Ball on my belt, and then, I called out, “Go! Pidgey!”
Pidgey emerged with a triumphant “Pidggyyoo!” It flapped its wings and flew all around my head, happy to be free.

“All right, Pidgey. Before I ask you anything, I have one question. Are you one of those bird Pokémon that has that natural sense of which way to go?” Pidgey nodded enthusiastically. “All right. I’m going to ask you to fly all the way up to the ceiling. Try to get a good look at this maze. Once you’ve memorized the layout, come back to me and help me find my way through the maze. If you can help me, I promise that I’ll give you some extra Pokémon treats afterwards. Okay?” Luckily for me, Pidgey nodded its understanding and took off immediately. After several minutes, it returned.
“Pidg. Pidgyii, pidgyooo!” Pidgey said informatively, and took off through the maze. I had to race after it just to follow it. I turned north, west, south, and west, and I didn’t even stop once. I was getting pretty tired, and I called to Pidgey and panted,

“Stop. Just a second. I need to recuperate.” Pidgey obediently stopped, although it kept flying around my head. Once I stopped, I checked out my surroundings. The maze was bleak and boring. The walls were a dull shade of ice-blue. Large icicles hung from the ceiling. I realized that this probably wasn’t the most comfortable place to be a Pidgey, because the Ice-type is supereffective against the Flying-type. Once I managed to recover a bit, I reached into my bag and pulled out several brown spherical Pokémon treats. “Here you go, Pidgey! Enjoy!” I said joyfully. Pidgey perched on my shoulder to eat. One it was finished, I called out, “Let’s go!”
“Pidjooo!” Pidgey agreed. Again, we turned north, west, south, and west once more, until we were out of the maze. There was another door, and before I entered it, I thanked Pidgey again, and recalled it. Then, I called out Growlithe for security against any rouge Ice-types. I opened the door, and walked into the next room.

This room didn’t look anything like the last gym. Sure it had an open battlefield, with the standard rectangular shape and Poké Ball symbol at the center. However, off to the sides, there were thousands of presents. Some were big, some were small, and some were just boxes with a bow on them. A fat, bearded man in red sat in a chair in the center of a pile of presents. He was reading through two different lists. Occasionally, he’d get a pencil and erase something, then jot it back down on the opposite list. Eventually, I cleared my throat.
“Ahem.” The man looked up. Now that I thought about it, this man looked a lot like Santa Claus.

The man opened his mouth to speak. “My name is Mr. Klaus,” he said. “I’m the Gym leader here, and, as you might have noticed, I specialize in the Ice type of Pokémon. You might have also noticed that I look like Santa Claus. Well, I’ve got something to tell you. I’m his cousin. Santa can’t get through every single region in a single night. All he can cover is Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, the Sevii Islands, Sinnoh, and Unova, among others. I’m his relative that covers Oraybe and a few other regions. I’ve just been checking over my list one last time. I’ve gotta leave pretty soon, but I can probably squeeze in a Gym battle right before I leave to give toys to all the children in the world. Before you battle me, you should probably heal.” He took my Poké Balls and put them in a healing machine. After he gave them back to me, he shouted,“Now, let’s battle!” He ran over to one side of the rectangular battle area, and I took the other.

*Author’s Note: Here’s some awesome music. You know the drill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZzoSNwlXJc&list=FLfZKwwbl_J1SU2l8C_AGM1g&index=3&feature=plpp_video *

“I choose you! Growlithe!” I shouted.
“Ha! I expected such a strategy! Go! Spheal!” shouted Klaus. From the red-and-white sphere emerged a slightly seal-like, spherical creature. The topside of it was blue, and its underside was beige. Tiny flippers and a small tail stuck out from near the bottom of the rounded creature. Stubby ears poked out of its head, and tusks came out of the mouth. In a split second my Pokédex was out and scanning this odd creature.

“Spheal, the Clap Pokémon. Spheal inhabits chilly polar regions. It usually lives in large colonies with Seel. Despite its chubby appearance, it’s actually a good swimmer.”
I could see that this would be a challenge. Spheal was the Water-type. I couldn’t use Dratini, Growlithe, or Pidgey, because they’d be weak to the Ice or Water attacks. I couldn’t use Gyarados, because then I could kill someone. That left Mudkip and Zorua. I decided on Mudkip, as I hadn’t used it in a while.

“Go! Mudkip!” I hollered as I tossed Mudkip’s Poké Ball towards the battlefield.

Mudkip emerged with a triumphant “Mudd!! Kipkipkipmud!” However, since I’d just switched in my Pokémon, I couldn’t attack this turn.

“Alrightie then! Spheal, why don’t you use your best Powder Snow attack?” Klaus told his Spheal, who obediently opened its mouth and shot ice crystals at my Mudkip, who was barely injured.

After the turn was over, I opened my mouth and said, “Hmm. This could be a challenge. Why don’t you use Mud Slap, Mudkip?”

Mr. Klaus said, “Spheal, try an Ice Beam attack!”
Instead of splashing up a wave of mud like it was supposed to, Mudkip opened its mouth and shot a torrent of water at the Spheal, who took heavy damage.

“Awesome! Mudkip learned Water Gun!” I was so happy, I leapt into the air. When it was Spheal’s turn, it opened its moth and fired a small beam of ice towards Mudkip, who quickly dodged it.
“Mudkip, use Water Gun again!” I shouted to my Mud Fish Pokémon.

“Spheal, Ice Beam again! It’s sure to hit this time!”
This turn was similar to the last. Mudkip fired a torrent of water at Spheal, who took the full brunt of the attack. It was on its last legs, but just managed to shoot a precision beam of ice at Mudkip, who barely looked hurt at all.
“Mudkip, Mud Slap!” I said, just to change things up a bit.
“Spheal, PowderSnow!” Mr. Klaus commanded.
Mudkip swept its leg around on the floor and created a small wave of mud and dirt, which hit Spheal hard. It was an instant KO.
This time, I waited to see what Mr. Klaus threw out.

“Go! Glaceon!” he boomed. He threw the Poké Ball, and out came a fairly foxlike creature. It was a light bluish color all over, except for its feet, which were darker. Its ears and tail were trapezoid-shaped. Two long things that resembled the ears but drooped down also ended in a trapezoid. Predictably, I soon scanned it.
“Glaceon, the Fresh Snow Pokémon and one of Eevee’s many evolved forms. Glaceon can control the temperature around it to form ice crystals. Like fellow Eevee evolution Jolteon, it can make its fur turn sharper than needles.”

From the looks of it, this was a purely Ice-type Pokémon, so I knew that it was safe to send out Growlithe. “Growl! Grrowlth!” he said happily when I switched him for Mudkip.

“Growlithe, use your Ember attack!” I said.

“Glaceon, Frost Breath!” bellowed Mr. K.
Since Glaceon was the speedier Pokémon, it got to go first. Glaceon opened its mouth and exhaled. The usual misty breath emerged that was common in this frosty environment, but this time, it shot towards Growlithe at high speeds, making him take some damage. When Growlithe’s turn came around, he opened his mouth and shot out flames in a similar fashion to Mudkip’s Water Gun. Glaceon staggered back after this attack, but got right back up and looked as determined as ever, if not more so.

“Ha-ha! Growlithe, strike back with another Ember!” I laughed with joy. There was almost no chance of me losing this match.

“Hmm. Glaceon, Ice Beam.”
Glaceon, predictably, opened its mouth and shot an Ice Beam at Growlithe, who, also predictably, shot back an Ember attack. The Ice Beam did almost no damage, but the Ember sure did. Glaceon wobbled fr a second, and then fell over onto its side, unconscious.

Again, I waited to see what Mr Klaus threw out. He withdrew the unconscious Glaceon, and reached for another Poké Ball. He only had two Pokémon left, but I had six. I was sure to win.

When Klaus’ next Pokémon was on the battlefield, I wasn’t sure what I was looking at. It was a brownish lump with dark stripes running down its back. The thing’s fur was so shaggy, I wasn’t even sure it had legs at all! It had a pig’s nose, and its eyes were closed.

“Swinub, the Pig Pokémon,” said my Pokédex when I yanked it out of my pocket again. “Swinub’s nose is so sensitive that it can smell things several thousand feet underground. This makes them popular pets for people who love finding underground objects.”

“Growlithe, you can do this! Use your Ember attack!” I shouted confidently.

“Swinub, PowderSnow!” bellowed the chubby Mr. K.
Growlithe got to go first. Its Ember attack seemed extra powerful this turn, so I knew that I’d gotten a critical hit. Swinub shot some ice crystals out of its mouth, which was presumably underneath its fur. Growlithe, like usual, wasn’t harmed much.

“Growlithe, sorry if you’re getting bored, but use your Ember attack again!” I was actually kind of worried. If what I’d read about Swinub movesets was true...

“Swinub, AncientPower!” roared Klaus in triumph.
Growlithe breathed flames in an Ember attack. Swinub just barely managed to hold on, but it conjured up several large boulders and shot them at Growlithe, who fainted instantly.

The facts were true. Swinub could learn AncientPower, an attack of the Rock-type that is supereffective against Fire-types like my Growlithe. I’d lost my advantage. Now, my best chance was Mudkip.

“Come on out again, little buddy. I need ya again.” I threw Mudkip’s Poké Ball towards the battlefield, where my little Mud Fish looked ready as ever.
“Mudkip, try a Water Gun attack!” I shouted.

“Swinub, why don’t you try another AncientPower?” Mr. K. asked.
Swinub conjured more boulders, but this time, they completely missed their target. Mudkip opened up its mouth and shot a concentrated blast of water at Swinub, who promptly fainted, although it was hard to tell that.

*Author’s Note: Epic music change. Stop the music when the battle’s over. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiitNq9B4uE *

Mr. Klaus’ look darkened, but he then smiled as he withdrew Swinub. Then, he laughed out loud as he threw out his last Pokemon.
The thing looked like a refrigerator. It had the two doors and the freezer to be one, but for one thing, it was bright orange. It had two purple eyes and a small mouth towards the top. A horn-like projection stuck out from the very top. The odd Pokémon had a purple aura surrounding it. The aura clumped together to form two arms shaped like lightning bolts, with flat, rectangular hands.

“Rotom, Frost Form, the Plasma Pokémon,” said my Pokédex informatively. “Rotom’s plasma form allows it to take the form of any machine it likes. It loves to cause mischief.”

“Huh. That’s odd,” I said, dumbfounded. “Mudkip, return! Zorua, I choose you! Use Snarl!”

“Zor zor zorzrua!” said the young Tricky Fox Pokemon.

“Rotom, Thunder Wave!” Mr. Klaus called out.
Rotom was the fastest, so it got to go first. Unlike Dratini’s Thunder Wave, this attack did no damage. Instead, Rotom concentrated hard and sent a wave of electricity at Zorua. It was a direct hit. Zorua seemed to be slowed down somewhat, and I knew it had been paralyzed. Zorua barely managed to open its small jaws and make a menacing snarl, which, because it was a Pokémon attack, damaged the Rotom.

“Zorua, Snarl again!”

“Rotom, Blizzard!”
Zorua’s paralysis made it even slower, so Rotom went first. It pressed its rectangular hands together and shot out a ball of pure icy energy. It hit Zorua so hard that the poor Pokémon fainted.
I sighed and recalled Zorua, and then thought about who to call out next. Eventually, I just shrugged and tossed out Dratini’s Poké Ball, expecting to fail. All of a sudden, I had an idea.

“Tiinii! Tiiiniiii!” Dratini was exuberant to be out of its Poké Ball again.

“Dratini, Thunder Wave!” I said confidently.

“Hahaha! Rotom, Blizzard!” Klaus said, equally confident.
In a miraculous battle moment, Dratini got to go first, even though it was slower. Its crystal glowed yellow as it absorbed, then expelled electric energy. The Rotom was not only damaged, but paralyzed as well. Because of the paralysis, the Rotom couldn’t move a muscle on its turn.

“Yes! Dratini, Wrap!” I said.

“Aw, come on! Use Blizzard, Rotom!” Mr. K yelled.
Dratini failed to follow its order of using Wrap. Instead, Dratini started spinning rapidly until it looked like a tornado. Then, it spun towards the Rotom in a perfectly executed Twister attack. Rotom tried to move, but it was paralyzed, so it couldn’t. The attack had taken nearly half of the Rotom’s HP.

“Rrgh! Rotom, please try one more time with Blizzard!” Mr. Klaus sounded desperate.

“Dratini, Twister!!”
Dratini preformed another perfect Twister, which left Rotom with about three-quarters of its energy gone. Unluckily for Dratini, the Rotom managed to attack this time with a brutal Blizzard attack. Since Ice-types are supereffective against Dragon-types, Dratini instantly fainted.

“Come on out, Mudkip!” I said excitedly, as there was little chance of me losing this match. “Use your Water Gun attack!”

“Use Thunder Wave, Rotom!”
Mudkip opened is mouth and, predictably, shot out a blast of water. The impat that hit Rotom was what did it in. Rotom, the most powerful Pokémon of this gym, had been defeated. I’d won!

“Yes!” I screamed excitedly. Mr. Klaus took me to the healing machine as I recalled Mudkip. I put all of my Poké Balls inside the machine, and waited for a minute while they were being healed. While I was waiting, I asked, “How come my Dratini can do damage with moves like Thunder Wave, when other Pokémon can’t?”

“I have only seen this once before. Your Dratini has a special ability called Status Crash that allows it to do such things. You’re very lucky to have such an amazing Pokémon. Take good care of it.”

Just then, my Poké Balls were finished healing, so I took them back and put them on my belt. I thanked Mr. Klaus, and just before I stepped onto the portal to exit, I saw him load several large gifts into an incredibly large bag on an enormous sled and hop into it. Just then, the top of the Gym opened, and he flew out. The sled was drawn by nine odd deer Pokémon. One type looked like a normal deer, but it had extra white fur. The other type was a light brown with rounded antlers and a sphere in the center of these antlers.
Before you know it, I was scanning those Pokemon.

“Sawsbuck, the Season Pokémon. Sawsbuck can change its form with the seasons. It uses its antlers to dig up food under ice in winter.

Stantler, the Big Horn Pokémon. Stantler uses its antler orbs to control minds. They can turn this power on or off at will.”
Luckily, from what I saw, these Stantler had their psychic powers turned off. The one at the front seemed to have a glowing red nose. Just then, the Sawsbuck and Stantler all suddenly took off into the air, pulling the sleigh with Mr. Klaus on it. I then stepped onto the portal and teleported out of the gym.

When I landed on the front doorstep, I met none other than Greg and Henry.

"What are you guys doing here?"I asked.

“We were waiting for you to come out of the gym,” offered Henry. “It’s about time for a rematch, you know. Also, Greg figured that the leader could have only one challenger at a time. So, here we are.”

“Well, you’re going to have to wait for a while,” I said matter-of-factly. “The leader, Mr. Klaus, is off on a journey. He probably won’t be back for some time. So, how about that battle?”

“Yeah! This timeI’m gonna cream you two losers!” yelled Greg, so loudly it shook some icicles down.

So, we were going to battle. We made a clearing out on the snowy route and were just about to toss our Poké Balls into the battle, when we heard and saw an awful sight.

“Artcooooooo!”

“Zappoooooooss!”

Treeees!”

"Grrrrrrrrouud! Groudon!”
I looked over at the noises, and knew that I was in for some trouble.

Pokemon Movesets:

Dratini lv. 10
-Leer
-Wrap
-Thunder Wave
-Twister

Mudkip level 11
-Tackle
-Mud Slap
-Whirlpool

Last edited: